Bondi Sands - Self Tanning Foam Dark

WORST TAN EVER!!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! I don't know where all the good reviews come from, but this tan did not work for me at all. It was NOT dark as descirbed, the tan once rinsed off is nothing but 1-2 shades darker than your natural skin, which for me is no good. It does not last on the skin at all and goes very patchy after 2 days of wear. It is also very orange. Did not take to my dry skin. PLEASE DON'T BUY!

the colour is PERFECT. it's a natural-looking, quality deep bronze. however, the mixture dries almost instantly on the skin- you literally have a few seconds to apply it before it dries. plus, most of the colour washes off in the shower- even after i've left the tan on for hours and hours. despite drying, the colour also rubs off onto the bed and clothes. it's such a shame because the colour is better than any other brand i've tried.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this brand on the recommendation of a sales girl at priceline (australian makeup store) and found it cheap, easy to use with great colour and packaging. Definitely buy again. My only advice (because it's a foam) would be to make sure you exfoliate and pre moisturize your elbows, ankles wrists etc as it seems to dry up really fast and if you catch those parts too much the colour grabs really fast. (though think that's the standard for foam tanners anyway right?) Definitely use a foam pad application glove though.. it's worth the investment. Tan lasts me approx 4 days before patching out.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Bondi Sands is my HG!
I love that super tanned colour that develops, especially after two coats!
Its a very affordable and natural looking tan
The tan blends easily and you have plenty of time to work with it as it does not dry quickly. The colour thay develops is similar to having lay out in the beach for some time (extremely dark imo)
It does take some time for it to dry and can end up staining, however it is all washable (recommend dark + baggy clothing)
I'm not a huge fan of the coconut smell as it gets a bit too strong for me. The smell also lingers until your following shower after the guide has been washed off.
Other than this, I would recommend Bondi to any first time tanners!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this tan as everyone had raved on about it being 'the best fake tan ever!'. It's not.
Firstly, I am VERY pale, as in sickly looking pale so I like to look naturally tanned throughout the year with minimal effort. This tan is quite easy to apply and smells nice, like coconuts rather than that awful biscuity smell you usually get. However, that's where the positives end.
The tan dried patchy, even though I did everything I could possibly do pre-tan and worked this tan in, it still dried blotchy. I also found that the tan's dried colour (after you wash off) had a weird green undertone, now others may not be bothered by this but on my usually pale skin, it showed up really badly. My tan also wasn't 'dark' like the bottle (and customer pictures) suggested, I don't know how they got it so dark unless they used filters and heaps of layered tan but this definitely is not dark. if you're looking for a shade or two darker than your skin tone, this is good for you but I wanted a bronzed sunkissed look.
I gave this two lippies because of the colour guide and smell but I wouldn't repurchase again.

I've been following MakeupAlley for awhile now, especially when seeking to buy some makeup (my personal procrastination favourite)...but I created an account just to share with others how utterly a-m-a-z-i-n-g this product is.

Previously, I used St Moritz mousse in dark and was very happy with it, but it did have some downturns (like all fake tanners), so I was just an occasional user as I'm quite lazy with exfoliating, moisturizing, etc. if the result is fading after 2-3 days. With Bondi Sands, I think I'm converted and will be using it on a regular basis from now on.

Why? First, while 2 coats of St Moritz did turn me almost into African, I believe it did look a bit unnatural (it wasn't orange, it was just too dark). Personally, I prefer dark tan, but I like to keep it as close as my natural tan when I spend 2-3 weeks on sun. 2 coats of Bondi Sands foam in dark do exactly that - colour is beautiful, bronze, dark enough, but not chocolate dark. (Thus, although I can recommend it with all my heart, those who want The Darkest Possible look, you might want to try something else)

Application was easy, but really all foams are if you know what you're doing. A mitt is a must, whatever brand you have. Also, an old face brush might come handy for blending small areas like face, hands, feet, but I just used a mitt all over and was perfectly even.

Smell...it's ok, smells of coconut at first, later on you can still smell that biscuity fake tan smell, but its definitely the least smelling fake tanner around.

It doesn't dry as quickly, so you might feel sticky a bit for a few hours, but it gives you enough time to blend it perfectly. It does leave a bit of marks until you wash it off, so invest into black linen and pillowcases ;P

Now you'll ask - why then this is holy grail? Well, for me, it's all about colour, how long it lasts and how it fades. It's been almost 5 days now since I put it on and it's EXACTLY the same as the first day (my face is a bit faded due to makeup removal stuff and washing it often). But seriously, this thing just fades, does not come off in patches and still I look beautifully even. I moisturized after every shower once a day and I got so many compliments on how my skin looks glowy and healthy.

And lastly - price. You get great value for such a product.

I'm so happy to find a product that completely mimics my natural tan, is relatively affordable in the long term and looks so natural. Even my boyfriend who previously thought I was insane with my fake-tanning said that he wouldn't ever say this wasn't my natural tan.

I just want to bury myself into a pool of Bondi Sands how happy I am!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite fake tan! I smells amazing, it blends evenly and lasts well! I have recommend this fake tan to everyone. Best value for money and it's an Australian made product, highly recommend!

This tan is great if you want a subtle tan. It went on with ease, wasn't patchy and smells amazing. However for me I like a dark tan and this product doesn't give that. You can't put it on either before going out.

this tan is okay for a night event but it goes on blotchy

This selftan isn't bad but I have tried better. The scent is quite strong, but does go on evenly. What I don't like is that it takes forever to dry, so does their cream. I will stick to my HAVA Self Tanning Mousse in future.