Bondi Sands - Self Tanning Foam Dark

4.6

on 1/20/2015 3:50:00 AM

I have been self tanning for almost 10 years now so you could say I have used a variety of self tan products. I always used to use le tan mousse (not enough longevity) or st tropez (dried too quickly so was streaky) until a work friend recommended bondi sands dark foam about 2 years ago.
It's such a nice dark colour which lasts and doesn't have a biscuity smell.
It was out of stock the other week at my local priceline. I purchased le tan mousse again as I needed something as I was going out and I ended up throwing it out! Bondi sands lasts so much longer and has such a darker colour.
Never again will I purchase another self tanner again!!

on 1/18/2015 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is, in my opinion, the best self-tanner on the market. I have used the St. Tropez Self Tanning Foam and this is a far superior product in my opinion. Firstly, application is actually easy! With a mitt it spreads easily and it blends out well. This stuff does not 'dry' instantly, unlike St Tropez, and that means that you can go back and blend out any streaks to get the perfect coverage. I can go over and over until I get the perfect blend. Amazing as it takes the stress out of self-tanning. Secondly, the colour is perfectly brown without any hints of orange at all. You can apply a second coat after 30 mins for an even deeper, darker tan. And you can get really dark with this stuff. But one application washed off after 3 hours or so (half the recommended time) will give maybe 1-2 shades darker if you don't want to go super dark. This stuff is so good because you can play with it to get the darkness you want. I personally apply two coats and leave on overnight in the middle of summer and going into summer and coming out I just do one coat and leave on for 6 hours. Sometimes I'll just leave it on for an hour or two for a freshen up in spring and autumn. Thirdly, this stuff smells amazing! Like coconuts. I don't get any fake tan smell, except a little bit on my sheets because I sleep in the tan overnight whilst it develops. I have never had any patchiness or built up colour with this stuff. It is really forgiving and if you have exfoliated properly and moisturised blotchy areas then you will not see any build up with this stuff.

If you're reading these reviews to decide what to buy don't do what I did and get St. Tropez (or another expensive brand) just because it is expensive and well-known! This stuff is so much better than anything else I have used and it is SO affordable. I will never try any other self-tanner. This is my self-tanner for life. Try it!

on 1/16/2015 5:22:00 PM

I have been using fake bake flawless for a few months now and have been loving it but I've seen all over Instagram bondi sands and had to get myself some. I am so happy I did! It is very easy to apply and blends perfect, has an amazing color looks like I've been in the sun all day. This is by far the best self tanner ever used I need to purchase more!

Pros:
Easy to apply
Blends amazing (no splotches)
Amazing brown color
Awesome color guard

Cons:
I live in Canada so takes about 2 weeks to ship here
Is somewhat expensive when you add in shipping
Slight self tanning smell

If you want to be very tan fast then you need this!!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been searching for what seems like forever for a fake tan that is a) suitable and appropriate for everyday use and b) affordable. I've tried and loved St. Tropez for it's green, orange-counteracting properties but realistically - $60 for a bottle is pushing the bank. I can't remember how I stumbled upon this Bondi Sands self tanning foam, but I got it because I heard it was comparable to St. Tropez and a fraction of the price. I own the St. Tropez extra dark mousse and honestly, I prefer the Bondi Sands. Now I'm going to explain why.

This mousse is awesome because as forementioned, it applies with a greenish hue which means it is going to work it's butt off to ensure you don't turn that dreaded orange colour. I don't know about you but if I want a tan, I want to look olive/brown. When I first applied this after my shower and moisturizing, I freaked out about how streaky it looked. Don't let this worry you! It settles eventually and after your next shower the streaks will be gone. I initially loved the soft olive colour my skin had turned from the application and I thought about washing it off after 4 hours (I'm naturally super pale, think MAC NC10 - I don't want to look unnaturally dark) but I left it overnight and I'm really glad because I awoke to the most gorgeous brown colour I've ever seen from a fake tan. It looked even less orange than the St. Tropez.

I've had it on five days now and I've got no patchiness, none of those white spots that I always get when fake tan is fading and still think the colour looks incredibly natural and even.

I love this now and it's my HG fake tan, my go-to. I really recommend picking up a bottle while you're at Priceline some time! What have you got to lose?

on 11/1/2014 5:15:00 AM

This is the most AMAZING tan iv ever used. I have pale-med skin, with freckles and absolutely HATED DIY fake tan before using this product.

I have been using solariums and spray tanning weekly for the last 6 years, scared to damage my skin further I went on the hunt for a false tan that looked as close as possible to my normal sunbed tan I have gotten so used to! Bondi sands foam in dark is a 10/10 for me - costs AU$20 from Priceline but they have it on sale every second week so can get it even cheaper. A bottle lasts me about 4-6 weeks depending how often I have out it on each week.

I apply just one coat, all over the body with the Bondi Sands tanning mitt and I leave it on anywhere from 3-8 hours. 3 hours gives a beautiful, even, golden glow whereas 6+ gives me a dark tan, perfect for nights out and special occasions. I prefer washing after 3 hours for a more natural look for during the day.

I smooth moisturiser onto my ankles, wrists, knees and elbows and then apply in long sweeps over my limbs and then back, stomach, chest. Then I mix a small amount of the foam with any moisturiser in a bowl and moisturise in to the back of my hands and tops of my feet, around ankles. Wipe my hands with baby wipes and done! Dries in 10minutes and I continue with my day, easy! It goes on dark so you can see what you are doing and If u find it looks patchy keep rubbing in with the mitt and it will even itself out. It's so natural my fake tan hating bf asked me to tan him - crazy!

It comes off after about 5 days by itself, without me scrubbing or anything I realise Im white again, but I don't notice any blotching or uneven patches I just get out of the shower white one day. I usually just apply every Friday around 2pm and wash off around 5/5.30 and during the week I just moisturise with any moisturiser to keep it glowing and my skin from flaking.

Only negative is the tanning mitt quality itself, only lasts me 2 weeks before my fingers start to break through the seams. Otherwise this product is AMAZING and you will not be disappointed.

on 10/26/2014 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Dare I say that this is better and longer lasting than getting a spray tan done (and a lot more convenient for me, too!) I am naturally fair skinned with an olive undertone, so when I do tan, it transitions into a nice, Mediterranean olive colour. This product replicates that colour beautifully, with no streaks or unpleasant fake tan smell (gives off a nice coconut scent). Application is very easy and I recommend using a tanning mitt. It rubs on smoothly and is very easy to see the parts where you miss - I like how it's forgiving for the small places you missed, as it doesn't dry instantly. I have both the mousse and lotion in the dark, and while they're both great, I prefer the lotion as I personally find it easier to apply.

The directions say to wash it off after 6 hours, however, I tend to apply this at night and sleep with it on, then wash it off in the morning. Definitely doesn't over-develop or give off a bad colour. I find that this fake tan lasts 5-7 days before it starts gradually fading (another good thing). All in all, a 5 star product that's excellent value for money and provides a beautiful colour.

on 10/21/2014 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best self tanning product I've ever used -HG for sure!
Non-sticky, pleasant smelling, doesn't transfer, lasts a fairly long time if you moisturise consistently and develops into a deep, natural bronze colour -no orange.
Compared to another great brand, St Tropez, Bondi Sands is less expensive and develops into a much darker colour.
Price is usually $19.95, but stocked up 10 bottles as it was on sale at Priceline for $9.95 -doesn't have an SPF so they won't expire.
Will buy over and over again.

Holy grail tan! I've tried and tested just about every fake tan on the market and this is by far the best! I always struggle around my feet area to get it looking natural but with this tan it's 100 times better than other tan! Normally I get bright orange feet no Matter how little product I apply but with this tan it's kept to a minimum lol

on 9/9/2014 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I saw so many good reviews on this product so i decided to buy it.
it was my first time fake tanning and i have super pale skin. MAC studio fix in NW10 is too dark for me. i did everything i saw online to do (exfoliate,shave,moisturise etc) appiled the tan after my shower evenly with a mitt. woke up the next morning and showered it off and my arms turned orange!!!!!! the rest of my body was bearable but now my arms are bright orange :( i didn't think this would happen since i read sooooo many good reviews on this product and the foam had a green tinge so i thought that would neutralise the orange. :(

at least it smells nice

I bought this half price at Priceline for $10 just to try it out. It was my first time self tanning, having always had a spray tan done. This product made it so easy. It didn't stain my hands (I forgot to buy a tanning mitt and used my hands instead) and had an amazing scent of coconut. It didn't stain my clothes as it developed and dried down quickly but not so quickly that you couldn't blend it out.

I left it to develop for three hours and it didn't get that dark, more of a bronzed glow, so next time I might leave it on overnight to develop.