Bondi Sands - Self Tanning Foam Dark

4.3

on 5/7/2015 4:27:00 PM

when i saw the pictures of this tans before and after picture, i was shocked! i went and bought the tan as soon as it came to the uk. I prepped my skin as i usually would the day before, but i found that it made my skin look dry, scaly, it made my skin itch. Also, i was highly dissappointed when i went to wash the guide colour off and the colour might aswell of fully come off, my skin had gone about one shade darker, if that. Ive never had a problem with any other tan, none have made me itch except from this one! if youre dry i wouldnt recommend this.

on 5/5/2015 5:16:00 PM

As a beautician trained in spray-tanning, I have come across and tried and tested so many fake tans and solutions from mousses and gradual tans....

For the price (15) in the UK, this being at the top end of the price spectrum for a self tanning mousse, I don't think this tan is worth the money at all! First of all, the dark foam isn't dark atall, even after applying 2 coats! After washing off it loses half of its colour anyway so goes even more pale!!! Tan doesn't last long and goes patchy and starts to rub off after about 2 days (even after moisturising daily)

Advantages: lovely holiday coconut smell, , looks even when applied and not washed off yet so could go out in public with it just being applied, goes on smooth
Disadvantages: quite expensive for what it is, tan didn't show up dark enough, doesn't dry fast so half of it rubs off on clothes! Doesn't last longer than 2 days after washed off!

I wouldn't buy this tan again but I had to give it a go, first and last time! the cheaper the tan, the better! I recommend St moriz mousse, 4!

on 4/20/2015 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to be in loveeee with this tan, before I discovered Loving Tan. I love that this tan is Aussie, however it's just wayyyyy too green for me. I am quite pale and at first adored product, the colour was a little green but nothing too obvious. With each use though it became more green-tinged and started to look a little unnatural ): I was struggling to match my foundations, purely because they were yellow-toned and nothing would match this tan. In addition, the smell is extremely strong and the product transferred alot onto my clothes and bed sheets. I think its good for people who are already dark and want a little bronze boost, otherwise the light/medium mousse from this range might be more suitable

on 4/14/2015 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Worst self tanner! If you are wanting an extremely subtle tan on extremely pale skin, then this will suit you, otherwise you will be extremely disappointed. Application is easy, doesn't streak and is relatively easy to blend. Many people comment on how well the tan wears off, I swear it's because you don't see the tan at all, only the colour guard, and once that's gone, you're lucky to go 1/2 shade darker. I have tried to layer this product up to increase the depth of colour; I have applied a thick coating to try and intensify the colour, I have left it on for 24 hours; nothing works; seriously gradual tanners give more colour than this stuff. Glad I got it on sale and tried it, and safe to say I won't ever be repurchasing. My bottle has lasted forever as I find using it is a complete waste of time to pull out the cabinet and can't wait for it to be empty. I will upload images of myself in the sun and shade, with nothing on my arm and a coat on my legs after the colour guard has washed off, as you can see I am not dark anyway, and this certainly didn't get me any darker, I have no idea how other girls show images of super dark skin using this product except for using some major filters etc
Full Size Image

Full Size Image

on 3/17/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Out of all the fake tanners I've used, this would have to be the best one. I am fairly light so i use the light shade and its the perfect color for me. I dont want it to appear obvious that I'm wearing fake tan - I just want some color so I'm not so white! Especially my legs!
I apply it on with the mitt and it gives a very even color, even on the ankles and knees (which is the hardest parts to look natural for me)
Its got a nice coconut smell and the tan lasts about 1 week. I noticed that if i apply it again 2-3 days later, it is patchy and streaky... But if i leave 1 week for the tan to completely fade and apply on freshly exfolilated skin again and its perfect for that week. I will be repurcahsing once I'm finished :)

on 1/20/2015 3:50:00 AM

I have been self tanning for almost 10 years now so you could say I have used a variety of self tan products. I always used to use le tan mousse (not enough longevity) or st tropez (dried too quickly so was streaky) until a work friend recommended bondi sands dark foam about 2 years ago.
It's such a nice dark colour which lasts and doesn't have a biscuity smell.
It was out of stock the other week at my local priceline. I purchased le tan mousse again as I needed something as I was going out and I ended up throwing it out! Bondi sands lasts so much longer and has such a darker colour.
Never again will I purchase another self tanner again!!

on 1/18/2015 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is, in my opinion, the best self-tanner on the market. I have used the St. Tropez Self Tanning Foam and this is a far superior product in my opinion. Firstly, application is actually easy! With a mitt it spreads easily and it blends out well. This stuff does not 'dry' instantly, unlike St Tropez, and that means that you can go back and blend out any streaks to get the perfect coverage. I can go over and over until I get the perfect blend. Amazing as it takes the stress out of self-tanning. Secondly, the colour is perfectly brown without any hints of orange at all. You can apply a second coat after 30 mins for an even deeper, darker tan. And you can get really dark with this stuff. But one application washed off after 3 hours or so (half the recommended time) will give maybe 1-2 shades darker if you don't want to go super dark. This stuff is so good because you can play with it to get the darkness you want. I personally apply two coats and leave on overnight in the middle of summer and going into summer and coming out I just do one coat and leave on for 6 hours. Sometimes I'll just leave it on for an hour or two for a freshen up in spring and autumn. Thirdly, this stuff smells amazing! Like coconuts. I don't get any fake tan smell, except a little bit on my sheets because I sleep in the tan overnight whilst it develops. I have never had any patchiness or built up colour with this stuff. It is really forgiving and if you have exfoliated properly and moisturised blotchy areas then you will not see any build up with this stuff.

If you're reading these reviews to decide what to buy don't do what I did and get St. Tropez (or another expensive brand) just because it is expensive and well-known! This stuff is so much better than anything else I have used and it is SO affordable. I will never try any other self-tanner. This is my self-tanner for life. Try it!

on 1/16/2015 5:22:00 PM

I have been using fake bake flawless for a few months now and have been loving it but I've seen all over Instagram bondi sands and had to get myself some. I am so happy I did! It is very easy to apply and blends perfect, has an amazing color looks like I've been in the sun all day. This is by far the best self tanner ever used I need to purchase more!

Pros:
Easy to apply
Blends amazing (no splotches)
Amazing brown color
Awesome color guard

Cons:
I live in Canada so takes about 2 weeks to ship here
Is somewhat expensive when you add in shipping
Slight self tanning smell

If you want to be very tan fast then you need this!!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been searching for what seems like forever for a fake tan that is a) suitable and appropriate for everyday use and b) affordable. I've tried and loved St. Tropez for it's green, orange-counteracting properties but realistically - $60 for a bottle is pushing the bank. I can't remember how I stumbled upon this Bondi Sands self tanning foam, but I got it because I heard it was comparable to St. Tropez and a fraction of the price. I own the St. Tropez extra dark mousse and honestly, I prefer the Bondi Sands. Now I'm going to explain why.

This mousse is awesome because as forementioned, it applies with a greenish hue which means it is going to work it's butt off to ensure you don't turn that dreaded orange colour. I don't know about you but if I want a tan, I want to look olive/brown. When I first applied this after my shower and moisturizing, I freaked out about how streaky it looked. Don't let this worry you! It settles eventually and after your next shower the streaks will be gone. I initially loved the soft olive colour my skin had turned from the application and I thought about washing it off after 4 hours (I'm naturally super pale, think MAC NC10 - I don't want to look unnaturally dark) but I left it overnight and I'm really glad because I awoke to the most gorgeous brown colour I've ever seen from a fake tan. It looked even less orange than the St. Tropez.

I've had it on five days now and I've got no patchiness, none of those white spots that I always get when fake tan is fading and still think the colour looks incredibly natural and even.

I love this now and it's my HG fake tan, my go-to. I really recommend picking up a bottle while you're at Priceline some time! What have you got to lose?

on 11/1/2014 5:15:00 AM

This is the most AMAZING tan iv ever used. I have pale-med skin, with freckles and absolutely HATED DIY fake tan before using this product.

I have been using solariums and spray tanning weekly for the last 6 years, scared to damage my skin further I went on the hunt for a false tan that looked as close as possible to my normal sunbed tan I have gotten so used to! Bondi sands foam in dark is a 10/10 for me - costs AU$20 from Priceline but they have it on sale every second week so can get it even cheaper. A bottle lasts me about 4-6 weeks depending how often I have out it on each week.

I apply just one coat, all over the body with the Bondi Sands tanning mitt and I leave it on anywhere from 3-8 hours. 3 hours gives a beautiful, even, golden glow whereas 6+ gives me a dark tan, perfect for nights out and special occasions. I prefer washing after 3 hours for a more natural look for during the day.

I smooth moisturiser onto my ankles, wrists, knees and elbows and then apply in long sweeps over my limbs and then back, stomach, chest. Then I mix a small amount of the foam with any moisturiser in a bowl and moisturise in to the back of my hands and tops of my feet, around ankles. Wipe my hands with baby wipes and done! Dries in 10minutes and I continue with my day, easy! It goes on dark so you can see what you are doing and If u find it looks patchy keep rubbing in with the mitt and it will even itself out. It's so natural my fake tan hating bf asked me to tan him - crazy!

It comes off after about 5 days by itself, without me scrubbing or anything I realise Im white again, but I don't notice any blotching or uneven patches I just get out of the shower white one day. I usually just apply every Friday around 2pm and wash off around 5/5.30 and during the week I just moisturise with any moisturiser to keep it glowing and my skin from flaking.

Only negative is the tanning mitt quality itself, only lasts me 2 weeks before my fingers start to break through the seams. Otherwise this product is AMAZING and you will not be disappointed.