August 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Fresh Effects - Bead Me Up

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by JALT

This product cleanses really well and makes my skin feel soft & smooth. The scent doesn't bother me at all so I am surprised to read that. I don't feel like my skin is clean unless I use an exfoliating product but I do feel guilty about using products with plastic beads. The beads can mess with your drains/plumbing and are harmful to fish and plants in the lake--I believe that they have just been outlawed in Canada. I think the product works well but I will likely find an alternative way to exfoliate once the tube is empty.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Jayblab

I hated the fake smell of this product, the consistency, it just felt like the old school clean and clear products that are/were useless. I think this product works for a pre teen girl who doesn't have problematic skin and just needs a fresh morning wash to dive into the skin care world.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by brainyforester7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this cleanser! it makes my face feel awesome and now i have no more acne. im super excited to see what olay comes up with next

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by tr20726p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only got this product because it was on sale at CVS for half the price (after sale and coupons) so I decided to give it a try. I usually use Simple products but lately, their products don't seem to remove makeup or clean my face as I originally thought they did. This product is a creamy consistency with little beads that aren't even visible when you squeeze the tube. As you lather, it doesn't apply soapy either - more like a cream with exfoliating beads. I've been taking much more care of my skin and the hot weather does a number on it so I think i've noticed significant improvement on my skin with much fewer breakouts and redness. This is def worth trying even if its a little bit more on the pricy end. Olay products have always been pricy but I def think its worth spending the money for esp if you have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Shaylavee13

This is actually the first face wash that worked for my skin, I went 8 years of acne, trying many many washes, moisturizers, acne treatments, and none helped. I finally tried this thinking it was just going to be like the others that didn't work, especially since it wasn't for acne prone skin, but the combination of this face wash, a toner and a moisturizing serum from Olay cleared up my skin, makes my skin so soft and refreshed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by tayloves0910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This exfoliator is great! I was surprised to see some of the negative reviews. My skin can be sensitive to some exfoliators. It's got a creamy consistency that's not too abrasive on my sensitive skin. I like the little tiny beads that sort of melt away into the cleanser. The smell is light and fragrant. This is definitely one of my favorites.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I was able to get through the entire tube of this cleanser because this smelled like musty, aging chemicals. Not my idea of "fresh" at all. In fact, putting it on my face always made me feel like I was making my face dirtier just because of the smell of chemicals was so overwhelming, and it was a relief when it was finally washed off. The tube I bought was purchased from Ulta about half a year ago.

As far as function, Olay's Fresh Effects Exfoliating Cleanser was very basic. It's a decent, bare-minimum exfoliating cleanser that I used morning and night to ensure makeup residue, dry skin, and overnight oil were washed off, and it does that. Those who have acne or sensitive skin might want to stay away from this cleanser though because the beads are a little on the larger side in my opinion. My favorite exfoliator is Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub because it smells like apples and it's gentle because the jojoba bead-scrubbing agent are so tiny, whereas Olay's Fresh Effects Exfoliating Cleanser is equally packed with the larger scrubbing beads and make for a not-as-gentle and strange-smelling experience. When I had a break out of stress-related acne, I used this product far less because the beads were large and caused some irritation even if scrubbed lightly over my break-out areas. It was a little drying too, but not in a way that helped reduce acne; it would make my skin feel tight if I didn't apply moisturizer right after.

Eventually I just wanted to use up the whole tube and started doubling its function as an exfoliating body wash, which it was actually great for. But again, the dirty chemical smell didn't make me feel like I was clean even though my skin was noticeably washed. It's a shame I didn't wait for the honeysuckle-scented version that's available now, as these smell amazing! Maybe I'd appreciate it more. But overall, this does not beat the gentleness of my favorite Neutrogena Naturals scrub, so I will not be repurchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just bought the Bead Me Up exfoliating cleanser today, boy what a mistake! I don't have sensitive skin but this cleanser caused a major reaction! At first I thought this cleanser would be good, it is a mild, gentle exfoliation which I like, the smell of it was weird, and almost immediately my face began to burn and within 2 minutes my face was beet red. I look sunburned. I hope I can return this product, I sure won't use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by ashton013

I use this with the contouring cleansing brush and it did WONDERS. My skin was clear and glowing! For some idiotic reason, I strayed from it and got some mild acne (huge deal for me) and I went back to this. Well, the damage is done, & my skin is on the slow climb back to recovery.

This has exactly 0 beads in it, but tugs not bad. Its awesome for sensative skin and the smell is light and fresh. The squeeze bottle does bother me but only because its kinda messy.overall?? Awesome priductb:)

-A

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually like this cleanser much more than the Shine Shine Go Away from the Fresh Effects Line. And that cleanser is supposed to be better suited for my skin.

First the packaging is pretty much the same as the Shine Shine Go Away but maybe a bit bigger in size. Be careful when you're shopping for this because you don't want to pick up the wrong cleanser. Since they look almost identical.
I much prefer the scent on the Bead Me Up. Its a much lighter, cleaner, barely there scent then compared to the Shine Shine Go Away. Which was very strong in scent though I got used to it.
The consistency of the cleanser reminds me a lot of the Proactiv cleanser that comes in the 3 Step kit. It's very creamy and you feel the exfoliating beads in it and on the skin. But its not rough in anyway. I do kind of prefer the consistency of the Shine Shine Go Away however, it was much thicker and coated my skin better. With Bead Me Up I feel like I have to use twice the amount of product on my face and neck to get a good lather going.

But Bead Me Up hasn't broken me out after I first started using it. Shine Shine Go Away broke me out for a about a week when I first got it and I had to give my skin time to adjust. I also notice a much brighter and smoother difference in my skin after using Bead Me Up even though it is a just bit drying. Nothing my moisturizer can't take of. This is probably the best Olay cleanser that I've tried so far.