April 16, 2014 | 2046 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Fresh Effects - Bead Me Up

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by tayloves0910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This exfoliator is great! I was surprised to see some of the negative reviews. My skin can be sensitive to some exfoliators. It's got a creamy consistency that's not too abrasive on my sensitive skin. I like the little tiny beads that sort of melt away into the cleanser. The smell is light and fragrant. This is definitely one of my favorites.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I was able to get through the entire tube of this cleanser because this smelled like musty, aging chemicals. Not my idea of "fresh" at all. In fact, putting it on my face always made me feel like I was making my face dirtier just because of the smell of chemicals was so overwhelming, and it was a relief when it was finally washed off. The tube I bought was purchased from Ulta about half a year ago.

As far as function, Olay's Fresh Effects Exfoliating Cleanser was very basic. It's a decent, bare-minimum exfoliating cleanser that I used morning and night to ensure makeup residue, dry skin, and overnight oil were washed off, and it does that. Those who have acne or sensitive skin might want to stay away from this cleanser though because the beads are a little on the larger side in my opinion. My favorite exfoliator is Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub because it smells like apples and it's gentle because the jojoba bead-scrubbing agent are so tiny, whereas Olay's Fresh Effects Exfoliating Cleanser is equally packed with the larger scrubbing beads and make for a not-as-gentle and strange-smelling experience. When I had a break out of stress-related acne, I used this product far less because the beads were large and caused some irritation even if scrubbed lightly over my break-out areas. It was a little drying too, but not in a way that helped reduce acne; it would make my skin feel tight if I didn't apply moisturizer right after.

Eventually I just wanted to use up the whole tube and started doubling its function as an exfoliating body wash, which it was actually great for. But again, the dirty chemical smell didn't make me feel like I was clean even though my skin was noticeably washed. It's a shame I didn't wait for the honeysuckle-scented version that's available now, as these smell amazing! Maybe I'd appreciate it more. But overall, this does not beat the gentleness of my favorite Neutrogena Naturals scrub, so I will not be repurchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just bought the Bead Me Up exfoliating cleanser today, boy what a mistake! I don't have sensitive skin but this cleanser caused a major reaction! At first I thought this cleanser would be good, it is a mild, gentle exfoliation which I like, the smell of it was weird, and almost immediately my face began to burn and within 2 minutes my face was beet red. I look sunburned. I hope I can return this product, I sure won't use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by ashton013

I use this with the contouring cleansing brush and it did WONDERS. My skin was clear and glowing! For some idiotic reason, I strayed from it and got some mild acne (huge deal for me) and I went back to this. Well, the damage is done, & my skin is on the slow climb back to recovery.

This has exactly 0 beads in it, but tugs not bad. Its awesome for sensative skin and the smell is light and fresh. The squeeze bottle does bother me but only because its kinda messy.overall?? Awesome priductb:)

-A

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually like this cleanser much more than the Shine Shine Go Away from the Fresh Effects Line. And that cleanser is supposed to be better suited for my skin.

First the packaging is pretty much the same as the Shine Shine Go Away but maybe a bit bigger in size. Be careful when you're shopping for this because you don't want to pick up the wrong cleanser. Since they look almost identical.
I much prefer the scent on the Bead Me Up. Its a much lighter, cleaner, barely there scent then compared to the Shine Shine Go Away. Which was very strong in scent though I got used to it.
The consistency of the cleanser reminds me a lot of the Proactiv cleanser that comes in the 3 Step kit. It's very creamy and you feel the exfoliating beads in it and on the skin. But its not rough in anyway. I do kind of prefer the consistency of the Shine Shine Go Away however, it was much thicker and coated my skin better. With Bead Me Up I feel like I have to use twice the amount of product on my face and neck to get a good lather going.

But Bead Me Up hasn't broken me out after I first started using it. Shine Shine Go Away broke me out for a about a week when I first got it and I had to give my skin time to adjust. I also notice a much brighter and smoother difference in my skin after using Bead Me Up even though it is a just bit drying. Nothing my moisturizer can't take of. This is probably the best Olay cleanser that I've tried so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Keribell74

I LOVE THIS! I had needed a new cleanser for my skin and decided to pick this baby up since it was on clearance for $3.47 and on top of that had a $1 off coupon so I figured if I didn't like it it wouldn't be too much of a loss. That night I washed my face with it and loved it! I've had it for about 2months now and it does a great job exfoliating, smells good, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and helps get rid of the dry patches I get on my face (now that it's getting cooler), has a nice light creamy consistency. Defiantly will be repurchasing once mine's runs out:)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Sun2008

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love Olay products. As I've gotten older and tried to be more active in my skincare regimen, I've tried a lot of the products that they have put out. I recently learned that exfoliating your face makes you look younger - because it helps get rid of dullness.

I saw this in the supermarket and decided to pick it up and give it a try. I use it every morning in the shower (tube makes it easy), and at night.

The Good: It is really a gentle exfoliation, and the creamy (is that the right word?) cleanser doesn't leave my skin tight like other items I've tried.

The Bad: I'm not exactly sold on the scent - maybe I just need to get used to it.