Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

3.2

Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Urea, Lanolin Alcohol, Triethanolamne, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract/Extriat D'Orage, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxythanol, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 5 (C1 19140), Red 33 (C1 17200

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't know what it is about this product that my skin loves, but it loves it. When I was in my eczema breakout years, this was one of only two products I could put on my face without it burning and stinging

The texture is nice, not to heavy and I find it absorbs quickly and easily into skin and doesn't leave a greasy film.

And yet, it should not be this good. It has some crappy ingredients (mineral oil!). It's ridiculously overpriced. But in 15 years I've not found anything to replace it, so I keep buying it and scowling at the price. I had a brief liason with LRP Toleriane Ultra Fluide, which is a well fomulated product, but it left me shiny and greasy so i went back to clinique.

skintype: sensitive, normal dry, eczema prone

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have terrible combination skin and cannot use this on my oily forehead bc it causes breakouts there on me (although inconvenient, I almost always use different products on my forehead from the rest of my face).

I do love this for my cheeks and chin where it tends to be dryer - especially in winter. It doesn't make me breakout there and keeps the skin very hydrated all year round. I will always purchase this for as long as they make it.

On a side note, the previous formula that everyone loved so much more (without the +) caused breakouts all over my face!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ugh. Where do I start when it comes to this truly inferior product. Yes, it is included free with nearly every Clinique bonus. It is also available by the vat-full.

I even have a male friend who uses it daily and swears by it, but I HATE the stuff. It breaks me out. Ick.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had high expectations for this lotion because it's touted as an almost magical solution for combination skin types, but in the end it was just average. It felt a little tacky once it had absorbed in my skin, and wasn't as deeply moisturizing as I thought it would be since it's the heavier of the two Dramatically Different moisturizers.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm giving this lotion 4/5 despite it not being ideal for my skin. It is a truly nourishing, light, spreadable lotion for dry, dehydrated skin. It sinks in instantly and leaves skin soft without any residue (if your face is greasy after applying this, it's because you used too much). Bonus: a little goes a long way, so if you need hydration without frills, definitely check this out!

I used this on Accutane when my skin was ludicrously dry and sensitive. It's gentle enough to go on the eye contour area. However, despite still having dry (although not as dry as before) skin after coming off Accutane, I found the lotion too rich for my eye area -- it gave me a couple of small clogged pores. It also gave me a few clogged pores on and around my nose ONLY because I have enlarged pores from years of ultra-oily skin.

Would I repurchase? No, because Olay moisturising cream is enough for my skin now. I will finish off my current bottle, using it on my cheeks and forehead only. However, this could definitely be a HG product for drier skin types without troublesome pores.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this moisturiser. A very small amount goes a long way. I use a pea sized amount. Works well on my combination oily t zone skin. Absorbs quickly leaving no sheen or residue. Since using this i've found my make up seems to stay fresh much longer. Even after being at work 12-13hrs i don't really need to blot or touch up my powder foundation. My new favourite face lotion. :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

After trying out the 3 step program from Clinique, this is the only product that out of the 3 that I like. This is a very light weight product that sinks into your skin almost immediately. This moisteriser should be used in combination with other products and not on its own.
I use this moisteriser after I've cleansed my face. After this products is completely absorbed into my skin, I use a daycream or night cream.
Of course you should decide for yourself if you want to use 2 moisteriser like I do, but my skin is extremely dry and by using 2 different kinds of moisterisers really treats my skin well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used to be a devotee of this moisturizer, but the reformulated version just isn't the same for me. Before it sank right into my skin, but now I end up seeing this weird white cast when I go to rub it in. If anyone could tell me what ingredient is causing this, I'm really curious--and I would love to be able to avoid it in the future. Aside from it not absorbing as well, it doesn't seem to moisturize as well either. I'm very disappointed.

I never liked the original formula. I was highly dubious about this 'reformulation'.
To my surprise it was better than expected. It glides on well, absorbs well and leaves a very slight tolerable film. My skin did feel plumper and softer after use.
The downside is that my eyes would water and I would be crying. I notice that this consistently happens with certain Clinique products- so I do not understand how something 'Dermatologist allergy tested' can do this.

I wanted to like this product but it just broke me out like crazy! I already have acne prone skin but this made my skin 2x worse. I also have slightly dry/normal skin but my face was like an oil slick at the end of the day, my makeup was so oily and sticky. I'm going to try the moisturising gel version of this after hearing good things but I'm hesitant after trying this product!