Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

3.3

Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Urea, Lanolin Alcohol, Triethanolamne, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract/Extriat D'Orage, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxythanol, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Yellow 5 (C1 19140), Red 33 (C1 17200

on 7/26/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this product only when on vacations as it is ready available as a mini size or often a GWP. It is an ok moisturizer. Too thin to be used in the harsh winter months. Does not make me break out. Absorbs easily. Plays nicely with liquid foundation. Just wish it had some SPF as I have to apply additional product after this lotion in the morning.

on 7/12/2015 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I used the original DDML on and off for years, eventually giving up because it seem too thin and ineffective for my changing skin.
I tried DDML+ in a GWP when it came out a couple of years ago.How it's changed! Compared to the previous version, I've found that one little pump goes a very long way for a lasting moisture hit. My skin, which is generally drier nowadays, feels hydrated and comfortable for hours after using this reformulated version. I've purchased the full size a couple of times since.
As it doesn't have SPF it's not my everyday moisturiser so my use varies according to the seasons or my skin's needs; I may wear it under daytime moisturiser for added protection in winter, spot-applied under sunblock and as a light night moisturiser over serum during summer months. I also use it as a "detox" product to give my skin a break if I've been overdoing it with heavy creams and facial oils.
This version contains more ingredients (and more effective ones) than the original. Last year my skin became irritated for some reason so I decided I needed to try a new moisturiser to clear it up. I found an internet article which identified stearic acid and glyceryl stearate as the two ingredients to look out for in a soothing moisturiser and was pleased to find that DDML+ contains both of them. It did help to relieve the irritation.
Definitly worth trying for a simple, effective moisturiser. My only gripe is that it's so expensive in the UK!

on 6/26/2015 12:18:00 AM

Ugh-this stuff. I tried in the winter about a year and a half ago...and I just recently finished it up because I ended up using it solely as a foot lotion. Did not agree with my skin, caused small breakouts even when my skin was at its driest. Also burned a little if I recall? Like a warm flushed feeling...maybe I was allergic to one of the ingredients...but I also remember it didn't moisturize so great either. Worked ok on my feet however.

on 6/25/2015 11:04:00 PM

I was surprised to see the mediocre reviews of this moisturizing lotion. I used this many years ago and loved it, and I'm not sure why I stopped using it other than I am constantly trying new products in the quest for holy grail beauty products. I recently picked up the lotion+ version at Sephora and I fell in love with it again. Makes my dry skin super soft and supple. Maybe it's not the best for oily complexions, but it works great for dry skin. I don't mind that it does not contain sunscreen since I like to apply it before going to bed. My foundation contains sunscreen, so I apply it over this moisturizer. My skin loves this - I apply it to my neck and chest areas as well.

on 6/7/2015 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Perfect for dry skin, oily skin and acne skin should avoid as it contains mineral oil. Great improvement from the first formula with the addiction of Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid and Urea.

I love the packaging, it is pricey but remember you get 125ml when most creams contain 50ml.

on 5/27/2015 9:49:00 PM

Best moisturiser ever!! Keeps my skin hydrated day and night. EVERYONE PLEASE STOP BAGGING MINERAL OIL!! It's an amazing ingredient for your skin because it blocks environmental pollutants from entering your skin and it keeps the moisture in your skin as well! If you use a moisturiser with mineral oil in it all your life your skin will look amazing when your 80! :) also mineral oil is non comedogenic so it doesn't block pores (contrary to popular belief) :) I love how thin this moisturiser is and I got the big bottle in duty free so it's good value for money :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a great basic moisturizer for use under makeup and if you want something light at night. Absorbs quickly and has little scent.
I have discovered the Equate version of this at Wal-Mart and for less than half the price. IMO it's identical to Clinique.

on 5/8/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I was so surprised to see the reviews on here after going through half my bottle. I find it goes a long way for a good price, compared to similar products, and because the bottle is translucent, you can keep an eye on the amount left. For my skin - thin, "normal", and fair - this absorbed quickly and didn't leave any residue on my hands or skin. I've even taken to using this on my neck and upper chest (decolletage) because I find it hydrating. I'm not sure it's "dramatically different" but of the facial moisturizers I've tried, this is far and away my favorite.

on 5/4/2015 3:26:00 PM

I have tried to give this product a chance more than ones but it doesn't seem to work for me. All it does is make my skin feel greecy and sticky.
I've read several times in other reviews that it is absorbed by the skin really well but that is not the case for me. It just forms some sort of layer on my face and I don't feel like my skin is absorbing anything.
I really wanted to like this product and usually I'm a huuge Clinique-fan, but this one is just not for me.

on 5/4/2015 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

It's taken me a long time to make up my mind about whether I love or hate this, so I'm going a diplomatic middle road. The results are OK but I really dislike the texture. It pumps easily for the first 3/4 of the bottle then gets gluggy. I find it quite light for a purported 'heavy' moisturiser as it spreads easily, but it doesn't seem to sink in well. The first 10ish minutes it leaves a kind of plastic-feeling residue on my skin that's not pleasant. My dry skin usually drinks everything up, but it almost feels like it's trying to repel this? Very strange. I usually only use 1 pump but if I need more I have to layer it after the first lot dries up, not just massage it all in at once because it just sits there stagnating. This also delays applying sunscreen and/or makeup, which is an inconvenience I don't need in the morning. Once it does settle in it does an adequate job of moisturising. However it does an above average job at softening skin, which is why I have finished the bottle. I won't repurchase though. I have used this on irritated skin too and it has helped heal it and hasn't caused any problems like breakouts or sensitivity. This is a product that seems to work on some people but not others, so my recommendation is to patch test it for a few days before forking out the bucks, because I feel it's not the most effective moisturiser for the price point.