August 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this stuff. My mom is a big believer in the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, but they discontinued it and came out with a new, even more moisturizing version, as my mom has dry skin. This broke her out with cystic acne on her cheeks! So she never finishes the bottle and I decide to use it. I have very oily skin and surprisingly this didn't break me out! The lotion itself is pretty thick but not heavy feeling and very, VERY moisturizing due to the added urea (no, that is not a sexual term) , the very best moisturizing product. That being said, oilier skinned people will get VERY shiny! During the day, if I have dry feeling skin, I'd mix a small amount with my light moisturizer and at night I will just use this, but I don't make a habit of using it EVERY night because I will break out if I don't have dry skin and I use it. Don't know what's up with that. I couldn't recommend this to anyone and tell them that it will, without a doubt, work for you! I think you should go and get it applied at a Clinique counter or Sephora or get a sample and test it out for a few days. This worked for me but I wouldn't get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by clsp88

I've repurchased this several times. It is:
-Lightweight
-Doesn't clog pores

but like most of the Clinique SA will recommend, do follow up with a thicker moisturiser if you have drier skin or its winter. You may get away with just using it alone in Summer under sunscreen. I usually use it under some oil or Moisture Surge.

Do purchase if you have- dehydrated skin and want a simple basic moistuiser

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by CCbirdie

I am so disappointed with this new formulation. I have used the old DDML for 10+ years and absolutely loved it for the fact that it moisturised my skin perfectly and absorbed quickly. Unfortunately this new one leaves a sticky, greasy-looking film on my skin and is not nice at all. The only good this about this new '+' formulation is that it is useful during long-haul flights as I feel like it does seal the the moisture in better. I'm stocking up on the old formulation whilst I can still get it, but have no idea what I will do when it eventually runs out!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Definitely an HG product for me. I have extremely clog prone, combo-oily skin, and, to my surprise I will admit, this doesn't break me out. If you have very oily skin I probably wouldn't recommend it. It's a bit heavy for me sometimes, but overall I like it. It's pretty bland I'd say, having no actives. It's fragrance free and I've never really noticed any kind of offensive plastic smell like with other fragrance free products. It's light ish and usually absorbs into my skin fairly quickly, and doesn't really ball up on its own, though it will over other products sometimes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyM11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because my skin gets oily on my forehead and nose. I would have to say, after a month of using, my skin doesnt get as oily. I like the texture and how easily it absorbs.
I would give it a 8 out of 10 for really moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Puckdog17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS LOTION!!
this lotion is perfect for anytime.
i use this after the shower so that it will absorb into my skin to make it feel silky smooth
i use it before bed (if i didnt shower that day) so that my skin will be nice in the morning
i use it after swimming to revive my skin from chlorine

event though i use it so much, i dont need a lot to moisturize. i have had one bottle for well over a year, and i have just less than half of it left still.

it is kind of pricey for a lotion, BUT it lasts foreverrr!

regardless of what kind of skin you have i bet this will work for you. it absorbs quickly, doesnt smell strongly (a plus for me), and it wont make you feel oily.
try this! its amazing

will definitely repurchase when my bottle runs out (probably wont be for a while cause you dont need much)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this lotion! I used the orginal a couple years ago and I didn't like it because it was really greasy and just sat on my skin. This one though is much better!! Much more hydrating and it really sinks into my skin and perks it up!! I bought the big bottle of it fall '13 and I still have half of it left even with daily use! It lasts sooooooooooo long!

Im not sure if I will buy it again or not though because of all the cheaper alternatives out there but If I have the money at that time I might buy it again so we'll just have to see. I do like it though!

One tip though that you must be careful when using it as to not apply too much! Use ONE pump first and I spread if over my hands and gently pat on my face. Otherwise, it becomes too much!! So less is more with this lotion.

Pros
-very hydrating (best for dry skins)
-sinks into the skin
-doesnt clog pores
-only need a small amount at a time (bottle lasts forever)
-NO fragrance!

Cons
(none)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Beccac88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product, I used to have very dry skin of which the only cream that seemed to do any good was Nivea, which is such a thick cream! I used to use a good blob on each cheek and then one for my forehead, nose and chin, that's how dry my skin was. Ever since I've started using the clinque moisturiser my skin has been so kucxh better and I only have to use the smallest amount for my skin! I do however use the 3 step clinque set (type 1) so I don't know how much the other products have played a part in improving my skin! Even though it's a little bit more pricey than my usual 4 large tub of Nivea it has been worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by stellar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I know this product hasn't received the best reviews on here, but it has literally saved my skin. For whatever reason, as soon as fall hit last year, my skin completely dried out. It was like a dry, flaky desert wasteland. Typically I would occasionally get a little dry patch here and there in the winter, but I'd never experienced anything like what was going on and didn't know what to do about it. My entire forehead was covered in dry flaky skin, and it was also that way on my cheeks and eventually my chin. My foundation and makeup in general looked terrible because of it and it was embarrassing. I tried various moisturizers, rotated between my various moisturizing foundations, bb creams, tinted moisturizers, etc. I tried a couple different cleansers. I exfoliated regularly. Upped my water intake. Nothing helped. I remembered using Clinique DDML when I was in junior high and high school and remembered that being a pretty good moisturizer. I was a bit hesitant when I went to the Clinique counter and saw they had reformulated it, but I was desperate.

When I first used it, I noticed how thick and somewhat greasy feeling it was, but it absorbed into my skin pretty well, fairly quickly. Within a week of using this product, every single flake and dry patch I had was gone. I've been using it even since - about five months now - and my skin is in wonderful condition. It looks and feels healthy and supple. I should note that I have moderately sensitive skin and this hasn't irritated it all, nor has it caused any breakouts.

I can see how this moisturizer might cause problems for someone who doesn't have dry - very dry skin. I would imagine that no one with oily skin should even attempt using it. But for those of us whose skin is in desperate need of intense hydration, it's perfect. Or at least it was for me. I do wish it had SPF, which is the only reason I took a point off. I love that it's fragrance free. I apply this in the morning and at night after I wash my face. One bottle contains 4.2 oz. I've used it twice a day for about five months and I still have 1/4 of the bottle left. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by worrly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't normally review on MUA but had to add my two bits on how much I hated this new version. I guess because Paula Begoun always disparaged the original DDL that I had a snobby view of it but one day I dug out my GWP after a bad skin reaction and it soothed my skin. I never really bought more than one bottle of it because I always had GWP but also I was on a more natural kick so avoided it mostly due to the parabens and dyes.

But its a good basic lotion that does the job and sometimes it's good not to have all that cell communicating stuff so you have less of a reaction to a long ingredient list. In fact, PB should stop disparaging basic simple skincare or what she calls boring because that sometimes can be more healing than the most antioxidant loaded product. ie check out Japan's Fancl, Hadalabo and Juju skincare. Unscented, low in preservatives, budget priced. It works. If only it was easier to get ahold of instead of ordering online.

The new DDL+ I couldn't get past the scent of moldiness because Clinique removed the parabens. It also was not very moisturizing considering they improved it. Don't bother with this.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No