October 24, 2014 | 1776 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by BetsDraper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my 'go-to' moisturizer for the past one year. I don't use it during the day, since I use sunscreen. On drier seasons, I layer this product over my sunblock for added moisture. I use it before going to bed, or when I go out at night, it's wonderful under makeup. The price is a little high, but it lasts longer than 6 months even if you use it daily. A small pump goes a long way. The packaging isn't the best, I always have to clean the cap after every use since the lotion smears on the cap and the dispenser head itself. With that said, I hope they don't discontinue this, I love it and I don't think I'll move on to another moisturizer unless my wallet gets bigger and I opt for a more higher end moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Serious concern with this moisturizer. Please take note. This product contains a very highly toxic chemical called, Triethanolamine. It is banned in some countries. It is worse than parabens. A research study on this is important if you want to know details. I know I studied it intensely and found it is tested on animals. In very gross ways. Even if you are not an advocate against animal testing, it is a highly toxic chemical and it is near the top of the list of ingredients. I wonder why Clinique did this. They said it was taking parabens out but it replaced it with something worse. If you are a lover of Clinique like I use to be then we need to email them with this concern. Clinique does care about what customers think.After all we are customers who give them our money. Just a little hint on how bad this stuff is, it is used to make cement.
Girls we need to really care about what accumulating on our skin. I'm not totally chemical free in my things but I try to not have too many things that cause cancer and tumour.
Please take care

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this. It's my favorite for travel and as a last-minute moisturizer under makeup because it sinks in so quickly. It's not a very heavy lotion so perfect for summertime. I have yet to find something that's this light in texture and feel and yet keeps my skin moisturized -- except the Clinique Moisture Surge gel, which I keep in my bag during the summer and use on my normal-skin days.

I mostly use it as a barrier between my skin and my foundation - my dry skin likes to "eat" dewier varieties of liquid foundation so sometimes by around 3 pm I'm either totally foundationless or I have a lovely patchy face full of unblended left-behind pigment on the dehydrated parts of my face. This stuff prolongs wear time by a good two hours, which is nice because it keeps me from having to prime my face every single day. If I want to look dewy all night I'll go for Hourglass No. 28 serum, but if I use it every day it tends to clog me so for my normal makeup routine I like this instead.

I originally tried this as a moisturizer I could wear under sunscreen (on the recommendation of a friend). I like that it sits well under sunscreen and keeps my physical SS from totally drying me out. It works well with matte sunscreens, e.g. Elta MD or Biore, because I love the skinlike finish of those but my skin hates them after a few hours of wear. I've tried to like super-greasy sunscreens (hello, Anthelios) but I just can't get used to the feeling -- even on my crazy Sahara skin they look and feel like a giant slug has just rolled all over my face, and they alter the texture of my makeup. So for now, DDML and matte sunscreen are my jam.

On no-foundation days I usually put Moisture Surge or another "wetter" moisturizer on top of it to give me a little bit of a glow. I'll do a C serum, let it sink in, add this stuff on my whole face, conceal under my eyes if I need it, and then Moisture Surge on my cheekbones, forehead, and chin. I usually do this when my sunscreen has dried me out and my face is in need of a breather. I try and wear sunscreen every day but sometimes my skin is just not OK with that. ;)

I could probably get the same results with a cheaper product, but since I've found something that's a texture I like and that doesn't break me out I'm wary of trying new stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by sbender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I had this products a few years ago. I bought it based on "great" reviews. However, it was a huge disappointment, and I finally learned I shouldn't trust the reviews on beauty blogs. This was everything but moisturizing. It ended up in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by ellenla

I bought this at sephora in because it was a travel size. I heard great reviews about it . I have combination skin with occasional breakouts So when I traveled I used it for two weeks and broke out with cystic acne that took one month to get rid of. It was horrible. I looked at the ingredients and noticed that it had mineral oil. Not sure if that caused it but for a moisturizer that claims it is for combination skin that is not the ingredient you want to have if you have occasional acne. This is a warning for people that have an occasional breakout.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by shmilez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish I could like this lotion. It's always highly recommended and I am trying desperately to find my HG moisturizer. This is not it. It broke me out terribly and did nothing to hydrate my skin. I had to stop using it after two weeks and return it because it ruined my skin. After trying other Clinique products, I've determined I'm either allergic to all of their products or my skin cannot stand it. Either way, I cannot use Clinique skin products without it screwing up my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by g_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually like this one better than the old version. The old one to me, is greasy yet not hydrating enough. The new formular has more of a gel-cream texture that is less greasy and absorbs super fast. My skin feels smooth and velvety. It may not be hydrating enough in winter time for dry skin. It's a good choice for those who are looking for a simple moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by sakurina

Made me break-out so bad!! All my pores got clogged (because of the Mineral Oil I think)...

Also, the sent is horrible! I've also tried the gel but it also made me break-out... Too bad because I got a full bottle as a gift :/

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have relatively dry skin and I was looking for a lotion to apply in the morning that would wear well under my makeup and not affect my foundation so I tried clinique's dramatically different lotion. It does take a few minutes to absorb and I noticed it didn't feel like it had completely sunk in, but I proceeded with my makeup routine anyways. After I applied foundation, powder and everything else I didn't notice any greasy feeling or lasting oiliness from the lotion and my skin stayed moisturized throughout the day. I haven't had any breakouts and my skin is very sensitive. Overall, I'm quite happy with this lotion although I wish it left a more matte finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by carolinebuttiglieri

LOVED the old one, used it for more than 10 years. HATE the new one. Giving mine away. My mom and sisters all used this before but the newer version is greasy and disgusting. The smell is dreadful.