September 21, 2014 | 1735 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by sakurina

Made me break-out so bad!! All my pores got clogged (because of the Mineral Oil I think)...

Also, the sent is horrible! I've also tried the gel but it also made me break-out... Too bad because I got a full bottle as a gift :/

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahashleymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have relatively dry skin and I was looking for a lotion to apply in the morning that would wear well under my makeup and not affect my foundation so I tried clinique's dramatically different lotion. It does take a few minutes to absorb and I noticed it didn't feel like it had completely sunk in, but I proceeded with my makeup routine anyways. After I applied foundation, powder and everything else I didn't notice any greasy feeling or lasting oiliness from the lotion and my skin stayed moisturized throughout the day. I haven't had any breakouts and my skin is very sensitive. Overall, I'm quite happy with this lotion although I wish it left a more matte finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by carolinebuttiglieri

LOVED the old one, used it for more than 10 years. HATE the new one. Giving mine away. My mom and sisters all used this before but the newer version is greasy and disgusting. The smell is dreadful.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I actually like this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I ordered this in a 1.7 oz tube instead of the weird square bottle. I'm writing this review because this product was used on me at the Clinique counter once, and I liked it so much I bought some for myself! I already own the moisturizing gel as my skin is combination oily in the summer and dry combination in the winter, so I was looking for something more moisturizing since Fall is on it's way! When they put this product on my face, I kid you not, my skin soaked it up like a sponge! It felt SO good, I can't even describe it. I don't like all Clinique products (their liquid soap and clarifying lotion 3 were a miss), but I fell in love with this at first application!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by happygirl14

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with some of the other reviews. I LOVED the original lotion. It was perfect. Why did Clinique have to change this product!! This one has an odd scent, it feels very greasy and I just don't like it at all. I am disappointed that Clinique changes great products and discontinues products that I love as well, such as the blue Emergency Mask, which I loved. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My fine, dry skin LOVES this moisturizer. It is simple and does what it is supposed to do. I use a prescription retinol in the evening for the anti-aging benefit, so my daytime moisturizer just needs to keep my skin soft and hydrated. I use a TM with SPF 30 over this. I never used the original, but I hear Clinque added a slew of useful (though still basic) ingredients to this formula. Really happy with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this stuff. My mom is a big believer in the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, but they discontinued it and came out with a new, even more moisturizing version, as my mom has dry skin. This broke her out with cystic acne on her cheeks! So she never finishes the bottle and I decide to use it. I have very oily skin and surprisingly this didn't break me out! The lotion itself is pretty thick but not heavy feeling and very, VERY moisturizing due to the added urea (no, that is not a sexual term) , the very best moisturizing product. That being said, oilier skinned people will get VERY shiny! During the day, if I have dry feeling skin, I'd mix a small amount with my light moisturizer and at night I will just use this, but I don't make a habit of using it EVERY night because I will break out if I don't have dry skin and I use it. Don't know what's up with that. I couldn't recommend this to anyone and tell them that it will, without a doubt, work for you! I think you should go and get it applied at a Clinique counter or Sephora or get a sample and test it out for a few days. This worked for me but I wouldn't get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by clsp88

I've repurchased this several times. It is:
-Lightweight
-Doesn't clog pores

but like most of the Clinique SA will recommend, do follow up with a thicker moisturiser if you have drier skin or its winter. You may get away with just using it alone in Summer under sunscreen. I usually use it under some oil or Moisture Surge.

Do purchase if you have- dehydrated skin and want a simple basic moistuiser

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by CCbirdie

I am so disappointed with this new formulation. I have used the old DDML for 10+ years and absolutely loved it for the fact that it moisturised my skin perfectly and absorbed quickly. Unfortunately this new one leaves a sticky, greasy-looking film on my skin and is not nice at all. The only good this about this new '+' formulation is that it is useful during long-haul flights as I feel like it does seal the the moisture in better. I'm stocking up on the old formulation whilst I can still get it, but have no idea what I will do when it eventually runs out!