November 28, 2014 | 915 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Taboo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by AasaLinnea

The price of Chanel's nail polishes are usually high but the quality has also been high on the 4 different colours I have tried.

This one is my favorite at the moment, it dries quickly (like the other Chanel's I've tried) and the colour is dark but it sparkles purple and has a slightly dark red colour. In the bottle it seems not as dark as on the nails but I like how the visibility of colours changes depending on where you are, for example in daylight. It's a kind of mysterious colour that I like. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is like violet mirrors on your nails. Beautiful! Not quite a metallic, more like a glass finish on the nails. I only used one coat because it covered so well, but I think that was a mistake. I got some fairly good tip wear after a few days, but I think it would have held up better with two coats. It's not going to hold up as well as a creme finish, but it's so gorgeous when it's freshly painted, who cares?

Definitely a sexy look, and yet I think it's casual office appropriate. I think it's one of my prettiest Chanels, but then I do love deep violet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm stunned at the low reviews on this shade. It's beyond sexy! Chanel Taboo is a gorgeous dark wine/plum with micro-glitter. This shade is beautifully pigmented & applies like a dream. I use 2 coats & achieve full coverage. While the price of this polish is painful, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Definitely one of my top 10 shades in my massive collection!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

In the bottle the color is a rich, shimmery wine with red, purple and blue micro glitter. On the nail it's a dark, dark purple with a small amount of glitter. To see any kind of red requires strong, natural light, and even then it pales in comparison to the bottle. Disappointing color wise.

In terms of the formula, it spreads super evenly, is highly pigmented (one coat works for me) and dries quickly.

Overall, meh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

In the bottle it's beautiful which is what tempted me to buy it. On the nail it is still a nice sparkly purple but missing some of the pizzazz that shows in the bottle. However I am most disappointed because it chipped in only 1 day! I wasn't rough on my hands either. I am not a regular buyer of Chanel products but like to treat myself once & awhile... however this one is a big disappointment sadly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The gorgeous, complex color in the bottle makes so many promises but it falls so flat on my nails. So frustrating. Don't let this seduce you at the counter, it's an eye catcher with false charms. It glimmers with ruby red, deep purple, and lavender blue whirls of color and shines with pink-gold micro-shimmer . On my nails it's a simple dark, warm toned purple with some faint ruby shimmer that only shows up in bright sunlight. Nothing multifaceted or mysterious about it.

It goes on evenly and smoothly without any streaking and has a glossy finish. Wears well too. But other than the high quality formula it's an utter disappointment. I don't like giving one lippie to something that does have good aspects like a solid formula and wear, but given the price this deserves it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

Very stupidly I bought this by being lured by the fantastic colour in the bottle. Just beautiful. On the nail however, nothing very special at all. Pretty enough dark purple but it is not what the bottle promises. One other thing, I always use Seche Vite whatever the polish, although the majority of the polishes I own are already high shine. This however dried to a dull finish. I have already mentioned my stupidity which is compounded by the fact that in my stash I have a very similar polish called Purple Rain by Nars which I completely forgot I had. Whilst it is not quite as exciting in the bottle, on the nail it beats the Chanel by a long way. The purple has great depth, with very subtle tiny red sparkles. It is also high shine without a top coat, applied like a dream and was cheaper than the Chanel. If you are tempted by the Chanel check out the Nars shade as well. I am off to review that one too.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by dudisea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this after seing amazing pictures of it on blogs. In pictures it looked like a very interesting color with lots of different color shimmers inside... Nope. Looks very plain, very boring deep purple to me. It looks amazing in the bottle, not the same on the nails... unless you catch a lucky sun ray with your nails it's not exciting at all. Are you willing to pay this much money on a nail polish and try to catch a bit o sun light to be impressed?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

sigh.

Chanel has such a bad rep for nailpolishes -- only Dragon is long lasting on me and I have splurged on too many already.

this one is gorgeous but the price does not justify the quality. I wore it for one day and it started chipping at the tips .. ok, so I work on the computer a lot but seriously, even the cheapo np that I own don't do this.

I did not pay for this - I borrowed my daughter's but honestly it's a waste of money.

skip pass

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by jgiorgi1

Love the colour of this, it is gorgeous but like the person above within a day it had loads of tip wear and a chip or two and I can usually make my manicures last nearly a week. Formula was ok, but kinda wishing that I saved my £18, considering I knew I had a dupe. I think it is very similar to OPI's Russian navy. Five lippies for price. Does that mean expensive? Cus it is.