E.L.F. HD Powder

4.5

Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tin Oxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 4/21/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have both the regular white one and the Shimmer shade. Yes I know, shimmer and by choice:)
Since the white one is well covered here as a very good alternative for the price to other HD powders, I will write about the shimmer shade.
Yes, it does have the sparkles but not as bad as you think. You want to have a good laugh, I try the extent of sprinkles by seeing my face in car's side window mirror in the sun.
If you use it over a matte foundation, it will give you some dewiness.
It did not add any oiliness look to my face. And the sprinkles did not last long either.
It is very similar to the Hard Candy Tiki highlighter (which I have and it's hard to find at the store shelf) if you use it on your cheekbones.
I place tape on little more than half of the box and it does not pour out ( just like the white one).
Would I buy it again, I can't, it's a lot of product!

on 4/12/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

First I put on my foundation...
Then a foundation pressed poweder
Then I put of of this on with a fluffy brush

and it helps a TONNNN!

I'm less shiny and greasy after a 12 Hr Day.

It's cheap and works great. Just tap some powder into the lid and take a fluffy brush and swirl...tap and swipe it all over your face.

on 3/14/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best loose setting powder i've ever used. I tried the «makeupforever HD loose powder» thinking it would be better quality since it's almost 4X more expensive, but I still prefer the E.L.F one. It keeps my skin matte longer!

-It keeps my oily skin matte all day long without looking cakey or drying it.
-It's translucent so it doesnt change the color of your liquid fondation.
-Leave a silky finish on skin that make the application of my blush, bronzer & highlight much easier.
- Super affordable

* TRICKS : I PUT A LITTLE BIT OF POWDER ON THE CAP OF THE PACKAGE, THEN TAKE A LITTLE AMOUNT OF PRODUCT ON MY SIGMA F80 BRUSH, AND I TAP OFF THE EXCESS BEFORE PUTTING IT TO MY FACE TO AVOID USING TOO MUCH. *

on 12/22/2014 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This powder is amaZing it left my skin nice and matte not dull or cakey you have to be light handed with it though or it will leave a white cast the only thing I hate is the packing it's bulky and you definey have to be careful with it or it gets messy but I love and btw the price was $6 you can't beat

on 12/2/2014 10:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing!!!!!! Keep sticker on that's covering the holes. Take a pin. Pop out a few holes in sticker. Less mess. Tada!

Fantastic. Never been a powder user. Until now. Soft focus look definitely. Love it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I originally saw this when my younger sister was looking for a bb cream and powder to help with her oily skin and breakouts, since shes at the age where shes too young for foundation but she wants to be able to cover some breakouts. I showed her this powder since it was cheap and she could get it with her own money. I tried it out one day and HOLY MOLY I love it! I have always had trouble with using pressed powders to set my foundation, they kinda just sat ontop and looked like powder. I have used the MUFE HD loose powder (I cant remember the exact name) and I paid $22 CAD for a small travel size of it. This e.l.f one is exactly the same thing except with a much better price tag. Once you get near the end it isn't as finely milled (may see some small white balls) but for how little it cost I can definitely deal with that. It sets my makeup and makes it look like skin, it helps my foundation last a lot longer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't understand the hype over this product. Sure it's a good dupe for MUFE, but it's just not doing anything for me.

Pros:
cheap
doesn't leave a white cast

Cons:
Messy
No staying powder
Makes me oily

on 11/7/2014 4:03:00 PM

I love this product. I have it in white and yellow tone. I have had a travel size of the MUFE HD setting powder and the white color of this is very nearly the same. It does an excellent job of setting the face. The yellow is a dupe for Ben Nye Banana Powder. I use both. I use the yellow under my eye area to set the concealer and brighten the area a little and the white all over the face. Some people complain that this gives them a white cast, and just like any other "translucent" powder, this can be a problem if you use too much, so do use it sparingly. It does give a bit of the "HD" finish to the skin where it helps camouflage pores a bit, but it is a veil and not a pore filler so its not going to make them completely disappear but it does blur them a bit. I have larger pores around my nose and upper cheek area and if I use a pore filler and this it does a pretty decent job of minimizing them.

It sets wonderfully, mattifies the face well for a fair amount of time and mildly blurs imperfections. I can't ask much more from a powder.

on 10/22/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this as an alternative to spending almost $40 on MUFE HD powder and I’m so glad I did. It works very well and sets my foundation ALL DAY. I put this on after primer and foundation and then spritz a setting spray due to having pretty oily skin. I only had to blot twice throughout the day on my nose which is a relief because when you have to blot all the time, your makeup starts to slide right off.
Give this a try. It’s definitely worth it and at such a low price!