E.L.F. HD Powder

4.4

Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tin Oxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 7/8/2015 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i've had this for a couple years & still haven't finished it. i got it bc of good reviews on here but maybe i got a bad one or something. i've tried it w/ many different foundations, techniques, brushes, puffs, etc. it always makes me look worse & the texture feels gritty & not finely milled. i only use it occasionally under foundation now for extra oil control & it's ok for that. i'm glad i tried it at least bc it's so cheap.

on 7/3/2015 8:58:00 PM

I bought this product on a whim, one evening at Superstore (when I was supposed to be buying groceries but wandered into the makeup area ahem) for $8 CAD for 8 grams. I'm NC30 and this blends beautifully into my skin. I think the packaging is bulky but the stuff inside is amazing. My previous HG setting powder was the Laura Mercier loose setting powder which I've stopped reaching for since purchasing this. I take the Real Techniques powder brush and pick up a small amount of product and apply it to my t-zone. My face is a little shiny after nine hours. FYI, don't rip all of the plastic sticker off when it's new, just cut a small portion to reduce creating a big mess every time you use this. I love this so much and will repurchase if I ever run out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great sheer powder. It sets my face for at least 8 hours (I always reapply if I'm going out after work) The price cant be beat for the amount of product you get. Ive had mine for a few months and havent even made a dent.

on 6/11/2015 1:01:00 AM

This powder controlled any oily areas for about 4 to 5 hours,it made my makeup last longer too. The packaging is not the best in my opinion when u open and close the container it spills out over the edges.I think it'd be better in a sifter container so it wouldn't spill out. It's only $6 I'll use what I have but wouldn't purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I love silica powders and I LOVE this stuff. Great setting powder, just keep it light so you don't get ashy. It's a great price and you can find it in Target now. There's something less powdery about this than other silica powders so it doesn't give as much of a cloud of product when you use it which means you are less likely to inhale the product (and you can avoid the coughing and sneezing). The only thing I don't love is the packaging. It looks nice but it is unnecessarily bulky.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I have really sensitive, acne-prone, very oily skin! After 2 trips to ULTA, an hour each spending asking questions, searching, and feeling discouraged, I walked out with nothing :(. Both times. Then I go to Target and I find this! It doesn't clog my pores, keeps me matte all day, and is so lightweight, I love it! Do you know how hard it is to find a good makeup product that doesn't have harsh ingredients, and doesn't break me out??! This is like heaven! I completely recommend this product! The only issue I have is the packaging. I like the shape, it's very MAC, but I have a hard time getting the powder out without making a mess or pouring out too much. I don't use the puff either, I use ELF's total face brush. :D. I love elf products.

Unimpressed. Doesn't control oil or mattify and doesn't last (and I have dry/combo skin). After being first applied, my skin looks smoother but an hour or so later it seems to be gone from my face. It also seemed to irritate my skin. I don't think silica powders are for me. The packaging is also bulky and annoying and the lid doesn't click shut. I try to use up products but I threw this away, glad it seems to work for others though.

on 5/8/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i got this powder yesterday in the mail and today is the first day i've used it. i can't comment on any effects it had on my skin long term (however my skin isnt particularly sensitive and in general ive never had a powder which makes me break out or irritates my skin so i doubt there will be any issue with this one), but let me just say i have pretty oily skin and i also work in air conditioned offices for 9 hours a day, and by the late morning my skin is usually an oil slick. im now at the end of my working day and my skin is still as matte as it was when i first put the powder on. ive even tried blotting my skin with a tissue like i usually do and there is nothing coming off onto the tissue whatsoever. when i put the powder on with the little puff that comes in the packaging, it was quite white but i blended it out with a powder brush and the result was perfect. if this powder continues to work as it has today, this powder will be my HG! i love it.

on 4/30/2015 5:02:00 PM

Absolutely amazing setting powder. I looked into one of these white HD powders when I was struggling with my skin; I am truly so pale that most translucent powders are too dark for me. This powder is a godsend for my oily skin. It keeps me matte all day long, applies very easily, adds just a touch of lightness to my skin tone after foundation that only helps (I do add a good bit though, I imagine if you used a lighter hand that it wouldn't do this), and it presses seamlessly into my foundation.

on 4/28/2015 12:24:00 PM

This is a perfect dupe for Make Up Forever's HD powder. It has the same ingredients and looks and feels exactly the same. It works really well and doesn't sink into fine lines and pores. It also smooths and blurs little imperfections. I use it over my foundation (Dior Forever Flawless) and it gives me a beautiful finish. However, if you use too much, you run the risk of looking very pale because the powder itself is white although if you use the correct amount, it's invisible on the skin. So be sparing when applying it. I can't believe I ever spent $30 for the MUF powder when for $6, the ELF powder does the same exact thing! Who knew? I'm so glad I found a makeup guru's tutorial on youtube that recommended the ELF product. And I could swear that there's actually more product in the ELF package. So good benefits all around. I definitely recommend this powder. You don't need to spend more for the same thing:)

Recommended for Normal Skin