November 22, 2014 | 1699 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - HD Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand the hype over this product. Sure it's a good dupe for MUFE, but it's just not doing anything for me.

Pros:
cheap
doesn't leave a white cast

Cons:
Messy
No staying powder
Makes me oily

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Halloedangel

I love this product. I have it in white and yellow tone. I have had a travel size of the MUFE HD setting powder and the white color of this is very nearly the same. It does an excellent job of setting the face. The yellow is a dupe for Ben Nye Banana Powder. I use both. I use the yellow under my eye area to set the concealer and brighten the area a little and the white all over the face. Some people complain that this gives them a white cast, and just like any other "translucent" powder, this can be a problem if you use too much, so do use it sparingly. It does give a bit of the "HD" finish to the skin where it helps camouflage pores a bit, but it is a veil and not a pore filler so its not going to make them completely disappear but it does blur them a bit. I have larger pores around my nose and upper cheek area and if I use a pore filler and this it does a pretty decent job of minimizing them.

It sets wonderfully, mattifies the face well for a fair amount of time and mildly blurs imperfections. I can't ask much more from a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as an alternative to spending almost $40 on MUFE HD powder and Iím so glad I did. It works very well and sets my foundation ALL DAY. I put this on after primer and foundation and then spritz a setting spray due to having pretty oily skin. I only had to blot twice throughout the day on my nose which is a relief because when you have to blot all the time, your makeup starts to slide right off.
Give this a try. Itís definitely worth it and at such a low price!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by snowbird1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe it's just me but this just does not last on me at all, and I have dry skin. I bought it to set my ss & foundation. After I first apply it, my pores are blurred and it looks nice, but in two hours or so my skin is shiny and blotchy, like I had put nothing on. I tried it with just foundation only hoping to cut down on the shine and had the same result. It did nothing to prolong the wear of my foundation. I really wanted to like this because it's so cheap but I'm disappointed. I splurged on the Nars Light Reflecting pressed powder which works much better. The bulky square packaging is also very annoying because the lid doesn't lock completely meaning it never closes all the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by melayala22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product. I love the square matte black case, the puff and the powder. The powder is very, very fine and silky. I have it in the translucent and the powder is a bright white. I press the powder into my skin and then buff a bit with a kabuki brush to give a soft, air brushed finish. It gives kind of a soft-focus look to your skin that is very flattering and makes my cheekbones pop. I find that it doesn't last all day, but as it is a powder, I didn't expect it to. Only $6 online at elf

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. it works really great to keep makeup on before and after I apply my face make up. I have this in clear and yellow. I prefer the yellow because I find it difficult to find good color matches for my warm, Asian, skin tone, and the yellow (only when applied when face makeup is still wet) helps make it more warm toned. neither of them leaves a residue or show up in photos. neither of them change the shade of the foundation/concealer, just the undertone. it's great for the price, but I do prefer the MUFE HD powder. that one is a lot more expensive tho so I don't buy it very often. MUFE keeps me matte for a couple more hours, but the overall effect is the same. the powders are equally fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Not a fan! And I don't think this is exclusive to Elf- it's all HD powders. Way to get a shimmery, dusty appearance on film AND in person. Just looks horrible on my pale olive/yellow undertones skin. Do not want.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin, so I have a hard time using powders unless I have gotten way too dewey moisturizing. This is different. If my foundation is looking too thick or streaky this is great. I use a big brush to get a little all over and then go over the area with a kabuki brush and press down. That presses the grains in. The powder smooths my foundation without making me look caky. It kind of blurs your pores and softens your lines. I have a lot of redness and use concealer or more foundation around my nose area. When it sets, it can look mismatched if I am not careful. This will fix that .. The effect is subtle but nice. It isn't crazy drying, but will help keep things in place. I don't love the puff, but keeps the powder from getting all over the place in the box. I use a big powder brush to dust a little on.. I notice old powder on the puff has gotten yellow. The box is very cute looking. It is a big box and not something I'd carry. It's not that kind of powder anyway. It is messy. But for the price it's a really nice translucent finishing powder. It doesn't make me sneeze or allergic which most powders do. They can give me asthma. Not a powder fan as it makes me look caky, but this I can use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Simplymel

This powder is amazing especially for the price. I purchased for $8 at target. I was using MUFE's HD powder before and at a fraction of the price this powder does wonders. I prefer it over other high end setting products. I use it lightly over foundation to set and it keeps my face matte and fresh looking for hours even with my only skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by penelopet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The exact same as the makeupforever Hd stuff but costs almost nothing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No