July 30, 2014 | 1727 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - HD Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

E.L.F's HD powder is a great find! It helps prevent eyeshadow and concealer from creasing, keeps makeup matte all day and holds my foundation in place. Less is more with this product. At first I applied too much and it made my face a little cakey, but with a light dusting it is very natural looking. I suggest applying it with a brush and tapping any excess product off beforehand.

It is a must have for the summer! Great price and available at Target (in Canada). My only minor complaint is the packaging. It can get a tad messy, especially when travelling with it... but overall worth the mild mess. It will definitely be a repurchase.. if I can ever manage to get through a whole container of it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is great! Helps keep the shine down during summer and gives me a subtle ethereal glow. Never noticed it giving me a white cast in any kind of harsh or bright light and it's never caused me to break out. I like to use a the enclosed puff to apply it, and I do replace that frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product, but unbelievably great considering the price.
I love this loose powder. I can't wear talc based powders, because they clog my pores and cause me to break out. But this powder looks great and performs well for me during the ridiculously humid summers in Florida.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the final step in my makeup routine. I actually use two powers, one with a light tint to it, and then this clear powder. It gives a soft focus effect that lasts a few hours on me but it still looks good after that. The packaging may be a little annoying because the powder can go all over the place, but I didn't find it all that bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by AdelinaLS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I buff it in with a kabuki brush and it gives my skin a great finish with no powdery residue. It keeps my t zone skin matte all day so I just carry oil sheets with me if I need the occasional bit of shine control rather than re powdering.

The packaging is nice but not practical and I would decant this into a smaller tub if I wanted to take it with me. Really good value for money, my favourite powder ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder. I only wear BB cream and this helps give it a finished look. I use this typically to set by concealer under my eyes and sometimes but not always for the rest of my face. I prefer to use a powder with some color for the rest of my face but great for under eye. I hate the packaging though so big and bulky and messy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This is great, not the best but it gets the job done. I recently rediscovered this product and I love setting my foundation with it. Since it's winter time, other powders make me look extra flaky but this one leaves my skin smooth and lasts all day. My favorite way to apply this is with a stippling brush but my face can have a white cast if I'm not careful with the application. A great alternative to MUFE

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this with a passion. I recently broke out severely due to hormonal acne, and was desperate for covering. I've had this product sitting on my vanity for a good solid year, and after I applied my (dermatologist brand) full coverage BB, I decided to set it with this. The other powders I tried setting it with made my acne more noticeable, this didnt. I will be turning to this more often now, thanks ELF!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Edited to add thoughts after a few months use and figuring out how to use this product best:

I bought this on sale, hoping it might be a good replacement for another loose face powder that is no longer being made. When I first applied it I admit I didn't love it, but I mistakenly thought it was an all in one powder. I had read many reviews that said to use a face or kabuki brush to apply, but I found it just gave me a white cast and put way too much product on my already pale face. Once I started using the included puff and only applied it where I had imperfections and on my cheeks, I liked it a lot more. I make sure I set my makeup or it will cling to any cream products though. This is not a setting powder to me and I don't recommend using it that way.

I happen to really like e.l.f.'s studio line look, but I took off one lippie because I will need to replace the puff inside of the container at least once more. I noticed a lot of people don't like powder puffs but I feel this is the best way to apply this product for consistent results. I hold the puff in the well of the container, turn it upside down and it dispenses the perfect amount of product to touch up my blemishes and blur them out. I occasionally use a soft fluffy brush to lightly dust over my entire face, but even then I can pick up too much product easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I'm not as thrilled with this as most others are...
What I like: very cheap for the huge amount you get, "translucent" (we'll get to that later), controls oil somewhat.
What I don't like: bulky messy packaging, can leave a white cast (I'm very fair so not so much of a problem for me, and it does go away after a while once it blends with your natural oils), and most irritating for me - it's NOT finely milled, so doesn't go on as smoothly as I'd like and you can also see it on my face, that is until my natural oils take that chunkiness down after I've worn it for maybe half an hour.
All in all, decent powder, but there are other drugstore brands that perform better, so I would not repurchase.