October 1, 2014 | 2016 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - HD Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Not a fan! And I don't think this is exclusive to Elf- it's all HD powders. Way to get a shimmery, dusty appearance on film AND in person. Just looks horrible on my pale olive/yellow undertones skin. Do not want.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin, so I have a hard time using powders unless I have gotten way too dewey moisturizing. This is different. If my foundation is looking too thick or streaky this is great. I use a big brush to get a little all over and then go over the area with a kabuki brush and press down. That presses the grains in. The powder smooths my foundation without making me look caky. It kind of blurs your pores and softens your lines. The effect is subtle but nice. It isn't crazy drying, but will help keep things in place. It can be used with regular powder or instead.. I don't love the puff, but the box is very cute. It keeps the powder from getting all over the place but I don't apply the powder with it. I notice old powder on the puff has gotten yellow. It is a big box and not something I'd carry. It's not that kind of powder. It is messy. But for the price it's a really nice translucent finishing powder. It's not for touchups. I have redness and I need to use a lot of layers to cover it, which can look thick. This will soften the effect. It also makes your blush blend nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Simplymel

This powder is amazing especially for the price. I purchased for $8 at target. I was using MUFE's HD powder before and at a fraction of the price this powder does wonders. I prefer it over other high end setting products. I use it lightly over foundation to set and it keeps my face matte and fresh looking for hours even with my only skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by penelopet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The exact same as the makeupforever Hd stuff but costs almost nothing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Evilbee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I never thought of finishing powder as any big deal, but then I tried this. Is it possible to glow and be matte at the same time? This gives such a soft, perfect finish... And the price!!! I apply with a kabuki brush and find it's tough to keep the product in the upper tray... My only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by AmbyBambi88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had never used a HD powder and this is still the only one I own, but at such a cheap price I knew it was worth a gamble.
I immediately tossed the puff that came with it, while cute I always use brushes, and tapped a little of the powder out. It's insanely fine!
I am very pale, and a little of this powder goes a long way.
It really does make my pores smaller and my skin smoother looking!
A tiny amount goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by helenoftroy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been hunting down for inexpensive setting powder. Since I don't have oily skin, I have dry skin some powder make my skin feel dry. I am surprised how nice this one is, doesn't settle in your line or look cakey Since it is a loose powder, what I do. Don't take the seal off. I poke a hole with a needle thru the plastic seal. You can decide how much powder you want dispense out. It make less mess. I do this on all my loose powder or eye shadow.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Tuffy7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is great in so many ways: finely milled, sheer, highly concentrated, with high coverage. The packaging is bad -- the powder tends to drift everywhere when you open it -- but I followed another member's suggestion and only peeled back part of the sealing sticker, exposing about half the holes. That contained the powder somewhat.

If it leaves a white cast on your face, just buff it a bit with a brush. I press it on with the (lovely!) enclosed puff and then buff.

The price can't be beat either -- the only comparable powder that's cheaper is Palladio's rice powder, and you don't get as much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Great setting powder. This and the NYX studio finishing powders have been the best so far for my oily skin. The Elf is larger and does a great job but I think the NYX keeps my oily skin in check just sligtly longer. I do not prefer one over the other. I buy which ever one depending on where I am shopping ast the moment.
So far these have been the best even compared to many highend brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased the translucent powder while I was going to a photo shoot and needed some setting powder. Don't let the color scare you, it goes on almost invisibly but you must blend to make sure there are no thicker spots of powder on your face because a camera flash will pick it up (See: Angelina Jolie's Powder Incident, it happens to the best of us). It is easy to overlook the blending because the powder doesn't look especially white on the skin, especially on fair skin but just be aware of where you're putting it on and make sure to blend it well. The texture of this powder is very silky and smooth. I have some more expensive versions of these HD powders but this one does the trick just as well! The sifter can get messy so just make sure you have it upright when you open the lid and either leave the plastic cover over the sifter or leave the powder puff to cover the holes. Definitely a good buy for the cost!