October 26, 2014 | 943 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - HD Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as an alternative to spending almost $40 on MUFE HD powder and Iím so glad I did. It works very well and sets my foundation ALL DAY. I put this on after primer and foundation and then spritz a setting spray due to having pretty oily skin. I only had to blot twice throughout the day on my nose which is a relief because when you have to blot all the time, your makeup starts to slide right off.
Give this a try. Itís definitely worth it and at such a low price!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by snowbird1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe it's just me but this just does not last on me at all, and I have dry skin. I bought it to set my ss & foundation. After I first apply it, my pores are blurred and it looks nice, but in two hours or so my skin is shiny and blotchy, like I had put nothing on. I tried it with just foundation only hoping to cut down on the shine and had the same result. It did nothing to prolong the wear of my foundation. I really wanted to like this because it's so cheap but I'm disappointed. I splurged on the Nars Light Reflecting pressed powder which works much better. The bulky square packaging is also very annoying because the lid doesn't lock completely meaning it never closes all the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by melayala22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product. I love the square matte black case, the puff and the powder. The powder is very, very fine and silky. I have it in the translucent and the powder is a bright white. I press the powder into my skin and then buff a bit with a kabuki brush to give a soft, air brushed finish. It gives kind of a soft-focus look to your skin that is very flattering and makes my cheekbones pop. I find that it doesn't last all day, but as it is a powder, I didn't expect it to. Only $6 online at elf

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. it works really great to keep makeup on before and after I apply my face make up. I have this in clear and yellow. I prefer the yellow because I find it difficult to find good color matches for my warm, Asian, skin tone, and the yellow (only when applied when face makeup is still wet) helps make it more warm toned. neither of them leaves a residue or show up in photos. neither of them change the shade of the foundation/concealer, just the undertone. it's great for the price, but I do prefer the MUFE HD powder. that one is a lot more expensive tho so I don't buy it very often. MUFE keeps me matte for a couple more hours, but the overall effect is the same. the powders are equally fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Not a fan! And I don't think this is exclusive to Elf- it's all HD powders. Way to get a shimmery, dusty appearance on film AND in person. Just looks horrible on my pale olive/yellow undertones skin. Do not want.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin, so I have a hard time using powders unless I have gotten way too dewey moisturizing. This is different. If my foundation is looking too thick or streaky this is great. I use a big brush to get a little all over and then go over the area with a kabuki brush and press down. That presses the grains in. The powder smooths my foundation without making me look caky. It kind of blurs your pores and softens your lines. The effect is subtle but nice. It isn't crazy drying, but will help keep things in place. It can be used with regular powder or instead.. I don't love the puff, but the box is very cute. It keeps the powder from getting all over the place but I don't apply the powder with it. I notice old powder on the puff has gotten yellow. It is a big box and not something I'd carry. It's not that kind of powder. It is messy. But for the price it's a really nice translucent finishing powder. It's not for touchups. I have redness and I need to use a lot of layers to cover it, which can look thick. This will soften the effect. It also makes your blush blend nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Simplymel

This powder is amazing especially for the price. I purchased for $8 at target. I was using MUFE's HD powder before and at a fraction of the price this powder does wonders. I prefer it over other high end setting products. I use it lightly over foundation to set and it keeps my face matte and fresh looking for hours even with my only skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by penelopet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The exact same as the makeupforever Hd stuff but costs almost nothing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Evilbee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I never thought of finishing powder as any big deal, but then I tried this. Is it possible to glow and be matte at the same time? This gives such a soft, perfect finish... And the price!!! I apply with a kabuki brush and find it's tough to keep the product in the upper tray... My only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by AmbyBambi88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had never used a HD powder and this is still the only one I own, but at such a cheap price I knew it was worth a gamble.
I immediately tossed the puff that came with it, while cute I always use brushes, and tapped a little of the powder out. It's insanely fine!
I am very pale, and a little of this powder goes a long way.
It really does make my pores smaller and my skin smoother looking!
A tiny amount goes a long way