September 2, 2014 | 1621 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - HD Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Evilbee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I never thought of finishing powder as any big deal, but then I tried this. Is it possible to glow and be matte at the same time? This gives such a soft, perfect finish... And the price!!! I apply with a kabuki brush and find it's tough to keep the product in the upper tray... My only complaint.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by AmbyBambi88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had never used a HD powder and this is still the only one I own, but at such a cheap price I knew it was worth a gamble.
I immediately tossed the puff that came with it, while cute I always use brushes, and tapped a little of the powder out. It's insanely fine!
I am very pale, and a little of this powder goes a long way.
It really does make my pores smaller and my skin smoother looking!
A tiny amount goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by helenoftroy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been hunting down for inexpensive setting powder. Since I don't have oily skin, I have dry skin some powder make my skin feel dry. I am surprised how nice this one is, doesn't settle in your line or look cakey Since it is a loose powder, what I do. Don't take the seal off. I poke a hole with a needle thru the plastic seal. You can decide how much powder you want dispense out. It make less mess. I do this on all my loose powder or eye shadow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Tuffy7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder is great in so many ways: finely milled, sheer, highly concentrated, with high coverage. The packaging is bad -- the powder tends to drift everywhere when you open it -- but I followed another member's suggestion and only peeled back part of the sealing sticker, exposing about half the holes. That contained the powder somewhat.

If it leaves a white cast on your face, just buff it a bit with a brush. I press it on with the (lovely!) enclosed puff and then buff.

The price can't be beat either -- the only comparable powder that's cheaper is Palladio's rice powder, and you don't get as much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Great setting powder. This and the NYX studio finishing powders have been the best so far for my oily skin. The Elf is larger and does a great job but I think the NYX keeps my oily skin in check just sligtly longer. I do not prefer one over the other. I buy which ever one depending on where I am shopping ast the moment.
So far these have been the best even compared to many highend brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased the translucent powder while I was going to a photo shoot and needed some setting powder. Don't let the color scare you, it goes on almost invisibly but you must blend to make sure there are no thicker spots of powder on your face because a camera flash will pick it up (See: Angelina Jolie's Powder Incident, it happens to the best of us). It is easy to overlook the blending because the powder doesn't look especially white on the skin, especially on fair skin but just be aware of where you're putting it on and make sure to blend it well. The texture of this powder is very silky and smooth. I have some more expensive versions of these HD powders but this one does the trick just as well! The sifter can get messy so just make sure you have it upright when you open the lid and either leave the plastic cover over the sifter or leave the powder puff to cover the holes. Definitely a good buy for the cost!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I own it in both the Translucent color along with the Yellow neutralizing shade as well. I do not take off the plastic that is on top of the holes where the powder comes out. Instead I only pull back half the plastic tab to expose some of the powder from coming out, and then when I am finished i make sure to press down on the plastic seal to make the powder is compketely sealed from spilling out.

With Hd powders that are not to be used like regular powders. They can either be applied all over the face or only where you get shiny. You don't need to apply alot or you might end up looking pasty looking. And, i definitely do not recommend wearing them, when flash photography will be involved at all.

i do consider them to be a good buy, it is just that you have to know how to apply them correctly is all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by AnaMJ

I LOVE THIS!! the packaging is cute, the little puff and package make me feel like a vintage queen lol usually my my makeup gets oily in like 2-3 hrs but with this, I can wear it all day. Like, 11 hr shifts and it looks great. Today, I even discovered I can wear this by itself with no foundation and it looks like I am wearing it! Which is saying something because my face is so red and splotchy and has a few acne scars/spots. Soooo, definitely gonna keep with this for suuuuch a long time. It's my new favorite :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

E.L.F's HD powder is a great find! It helps prevent eyeshadow and concealer from creasing, keeps makeup matte all day and holds my foundation in place. Less is more with this product. At first I applied too much and it made my face a little cakey, but with a light dusting it is very natural looking. I suggest applying it with a brush and tapping any excess product off beforehand.

It is a must have for the summer! Great price and available at Target (in Canada). My only minor complaint is the packaging. It can get a tad messy, especially when travelling with it... but overall worth the mild mess. It will definitely be a repurchase.. if I can ever manage to get through a whole container of it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is great! Helps keep the shine down during summer and gives me a subtle ethereal glow. Never noticed it giving me a white cast in any kind of harsh or bright light and it's never caused me to break out. I like to use a the enclosed puff to apply it, and I do replace that frequently.