August 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - HD Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased the translucent powder while I was going to a photo shoot and needed some setting powder. Don't let the color scare you, it goes on almost invisibly but you must blend to make sure there are no thicker spots of powder on your face because a camera flash will pick it up (See: Angelina Jolie's Powder Incident, it happens to the best of us). It is easy to overlook the blending because the powder doesn't look especially white on the skin, especially on fair skin but just be aware of where you're putting it on and make sure to blend it well. The texture of this powder is very silky and smooth. I have some more expensive versions of these HD powders but this one does the trick just as well! The sifter can get messy so just make sure you have it upright when you open the lid and either leave the plastic cover over the sifter or leave the powder puff to cover the holes. Definitely a good buy for the cost!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I own it in both the Translucent color along with the Yellow neutralizing shade as well. I do not take off the plastic that is on top of the holes where the powder comes out. Instead I only pull back half the plastic tab to expose some of the powder from coming out, and then when I am finished i make sure to press down on the plastic seal to make the powder is compketely sealed from spilling out.

With Hd powders that are not to be used like regular powders. They can either be applied all over the face or only where you get shiny. You don't need to apply alot or you might end up looking pasty looking. And, i definitely do not recommend wearing them, when flash photography will be involved at all.

i do consider them to be a good buy, it is just that you have to know how to apply them correctly is all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by AnaMJ

I LOVE THIS!! the packaging is cute, the little puff and package make me feel like a vintage queen lol usually my my makeup gets oily in like 2-3 hrs but with this, I can wear it all day. Like, 11 hr shifts and it looks great. Today, I even discovered I can wear this by itself with no foundation and it looks like I am wearing it! Which is saying something because my face is so red and splotchy and has a few acne scars/spots. Soooo, definitely gonna keep with this for suuuuch a long time. It's my new favorite :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

E.L.F's HD powder is a great find! It helps prevent eyeshadow and concealer from creasing, keeps makeup matte all day and holds my foundation in place. Less is more with this product. At first I applied too much and it made my face a little cakey, but with a light dusting it is very natural looking. I suggest applying it with a brush and tapping any excess product off beforehand.

It is a must have for the summer! Great price and available at Target (in Canada). My only minor complaint is the packaging. It can get a tad messy, especially when travelling with it... but overall worth the mild mess. It will definitely be a repurchase.. if I can ever manage to get through a whole container of it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This is great! Helps keep the shine down during summer and gives me a subtle ethereal glow. Never noticed it giving me a white cast in any kind of harsh or bright light and it's never caused me to break out. I like to use a the enclosed puff to apply it, and I do replace that frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product, but unbelievably great considering the price.
I love this loose powder. I can't wear talc based powders, because they clog my pores and cause me to break out. But this powder looks great and performs well for me during the ridiculously humid summers in Florida.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the final step in my makeup routine. I actually use two powers, one with a light tint to it, and then this clear powder. It gives a soft focus effect that lasts a few hours on me but it still looks good after that. The packaging may be a little annoying because the powder can go all over the place, but I didn't find it all that bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by AdelinaLS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I buff it in with a kabuki brush and it gives my skin a great finish with no powdery residue. It keeps my t zone skin matte all day so I just carry oil sheets with me if I need the occasional bit of shine control rather than re powdering.

The packaging is nice but not practical and I would decant this into a smaller tub if I wanted to take it with me. Really good value for money, my favourite powder ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder. I only wear BB cream and this helps give it a finished look. I use this typically to set by concealer under my eyes and sometimes but not always for the rest of my face. I prefer to use a powder with some color for the rest of my face but great for under eye. I hate the packaging though so big and bulky and messy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This is great, not the best but it gets the job done. I recently rediscovered this product and I love setting my foundation with it. Since it's winter time, other powders make me look extra flaky but this one leaves my skin smooth and lasts all day. My favorite way to apply this is with a stippling brush but my face can have a white cast if I'm not careful with the application. A great alternative to MUFE