December 19, 2014 | 1772 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Oreal - Visible Lift CC Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Krfredericks

I bought this product in ignorance thinking it was a great substitute for a foundation. I've used Almay BB creams, and I liked the thought of a cream with a little extra "Visible Lift". This product smells amazing (not good for those with fragrance issues), but you can't use it in place of a foundation. While I now realize that this product is not a foundation, it was located with all the other foundations, and claims to have a "light vs. light/medium vs. medium..." color pallatte, and naturally I thought it would conceal a little. This product does not conceal anything, and I tried to wear it as a mosturizer under my foundation, but it didn't work.

However, although I was highly disappointed to use this a foundation, it is a nice "post shower, pre-bed" mosturizer, given that you don't care if your face is a little shiny. It is not excessively heavy or over-hydrating, but it does leave your face with a sheen that most people would mistake for a serious oil slick.

If I had known that it was not a "makeup", I wouldn't have purchased it. I will not purchase it again (even as part of my evening routine), despite that I really like how it smells.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Grace5673

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One thing's for sure, this product smells bad! It put me right off just a few days into using this. It's also quite greasy on my skin so doesn't look very flattering and also absolutely did nothing for my wrinkles which was one of the big reasons why I paid so much money on this, too pricy for too little results, among other brands that also haven't worked to reduce my lines as I'm getting older. If I'm going to spend money then at least it should be on something that actually works. Luckily I came across a good product now. An expensive lesson if you ask me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My first cc cream, so I didn't know what to expect. I can't see any great benefits from this for my skin. I bought the light/med. Some color does develop, but the shade is a little off for me. I haven't had the greasy feeling on my skin as other reviewers have experienced. However, my skin is dry right now, so it seems to help my skin in that area. I use this cc cream under powder foundation instead of a primer. It does make the powder foundation cover better. I don't know if I can continue to use this cc cream, because the smell is so strong. I understand the complaints about the smell of this product. It is pretty bad. Not buying again...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by 1QueenFrostine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This does absolutely nothing for my skin. Doesn't help with redness, dark circles, nada. It has a strong smell and makes my eyes burn and water, even though I'm careful not to get it too close to them.

The store was out of BB cream, so I gave this a shot. Waste of money. I get more coverage and color correction from my tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Ruth

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A nice CC cream; but the horrible smell puts me off. Will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by netduo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Impulse buy (that'll teach me a lesson). Smells awful, irritated my skin on contact, didn't correct skin at all. Expected more pigment/coverage (like other cc creams). I had hopes as L'Oreal typically puts out quality products. I use BB and CC Creams for foundation because I like my stuff to multi-task. Less is more when you get to my age. Pricey for what it DOESN'T do. Expensive lesson. Thank goodness I got it on 40% off. Into the garbage it goes :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by leahblizz

Geez, this is just what I get for not going on here to check reviews before I buy something. This was an impulse buy at Target...ran out of the BB cream I usually use and was drawn to this product by the packaging, which actually looks really cool. Pretty much, I need to go out and buy BB cream today, because this CC cream does almost nothing.

I WILL say that I think it freshened my face a bit and that it looks a little more healthy/glowy, but there is no coverage here, people. At ALL. I'm blessed enough to not have an acne problem, but we all have an occasional blemish or blackhead. This will do nothing for you. In my opinion, it's nothing more than a facial moisturizer. You can get the freshening/dewy effect from a good moisturizer.

So yeah. Trust the reviews on this one. It's a total waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by jtwilliams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a disgrace to makeup. Imagine smearing oil on your face, mineral oil. That's just about what it is. Maybe over time it'd do all of those beautiful things for skin, but even my dry skin looked like inedible fried chicken after I put it on. No moisturizer underneath, almost an hour later and my skin looks and feels like 8hrs of sweating in the sun with butter on. 0....zero zero zero coverage. And I like light coverage! I was trying really hard to figure out something good, but I couldn't. Like I said, maybe a month from now I'd see something miraculous, but to be like a drip pan in the meanwhile? $12.99 of mineral oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Gayle1600

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm trying to get more serious about my makeup because I woke up one morning and was...old. I will buy anything that says "Lift," including bras. But this stuff is awful! What's to like about orange and oily? I got it in "Light/Medium" because that was the lightest in the store and I'm pale. But it turned orange immediately, which makes me wonder about the claim that it "corrects color and tone." On what---tangerines? I'd take this back to the store but the same girl is always working behind the counter and I have to lurk around the aisles until she goes on a break and somebody takes her place. I'm a repeat returner. Anyway, don't waste your money on this, and shame on you, L'Oreal! You can do better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by auras

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm the minority here, but I really like this cream. Except for the poor coverage (which I expected, anyway) I have to say it's a nice product. I like the creamy sensation on my skin and I think it's a gift for my dry cheeks who drink it right up. I don't use it on my t-zone, but so far I haven't found a product that delivered for both areas. So overall I'm pretty happy with it.