December 21, 2014 | 1547 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Ouchless Ribbon Elastics

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I love these!! They come in fun colors & are a fun way to dress up the common ponty tail. They do stretch out after a few uses & look a little wilted if you sweat so I don't have any ideas on how to bring them back to life in their former glory. I know there is more than 1 place making them coz I have some from Goody, Old Navy, etc & the quality is pretty standard across the board. I've only met a very few hair accessories I didn't like ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

Love these ties! I have medium-fine hair which I painstakingly blow dry or curl pretty much everyday. I've been experimenting with different ways of putting up my hair at night to try to protect my blowout. I was using a regular elastic to put my hair in a bun on the top of my head. Although it was better than leaving my hair down overnight, it didn't work that well. I read an article about preserving your hairdo which said these ribbon ties are really good for putting up your hair overnight, as they are less damaging for your hair than normal elastics. I noticed they had packs of 4 at Target for $3.99 in some cute colors so I bought them. They had some bright cheerful color combinations, but I was attracted to some of the more subdued, elegant color combos they had. It doesn't seem like you really see those types of colors often in regular elastics. The pack I chose has a black one, a charcoal/dark blue glitter one, an ivory one, and a gold glitter one. So before going to bed I used one of the ties to put my hair into a high ponytail which I then twisted into a bun. Just looping the ribbon tie around twice was much tighter than looping a standard size elastic around twice, but quite a bit looser than looping an ordinary elastic three times. This is important because it was just tight enough to not fall out, but loose enough not to pinch and pull my hair. When I let my hair out in the morning, my blowout was still nearly perfect. I just did the slightest bit of touching up with a curling iron and added shine serum, but really I could have gotten away with not doing anything at all. It made a huge difference using this compared to an elastic. I think the key is that these are a bit looser and more elastic -they stretch more than a regular elastic. So like I said, they don't pull on my hair as much, in this case they don't pull the curls out. I'm not a regular user of elastics during the day; I usually wear my hair down. But these might have converted me to wear my hair up more often :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Goody's brand new Ouchless Ribbon Elastics "offer you a unique hair tie to personalize your ponytail. As beautiful as ribbons but soft and stretchy too, these hair ties are "knot" your average elastics. New Ribbon Elastics are both comfortable and fashionable, plus look great on your hair or on your wrist." I received a five pack of these hair accessories courtesy of Influenster for review purposes. A five pack of these hair ties will retail for between $4.99-5.99. I'm not sure if these are out on the market yet, but if not they will be quite soon. Goody products are available at major retailers and drugstores. I'm a long time fan of Goody products, they're my go to brand for hair elastics. These elastics are made in Thailand.
The Goody Ouchless Ribbon Elastics come attacked to a blue cardboard backing. The elastics come in five colors; black, grey, silver, purple, and fuchsia. Each elastic is round and knotted at one end. I'm unsure of what material these are made of, if it's legit elastic or some sort of fabric blend. Goody's Ribbon Elastics are taut at first, but they stretch easily and double in size. I'd like to see an expanded range of colors, but that's my only suggestion for improvement. I'd be all on these if I could buy a pack of five black ones.
I've used Goody's Ouchless Latex Elastics for several years now, they're one of the only hair ties that doesn't snap or slip out of my thick but fine hair. I had my doubts about Goody's Ouchless Ribbon Elastics. How could some stretchy ribbon stay in my silky hair? Well, I don't know how, but they do. I've been wearing Goody's Ribbon Elastics non-stop since receiving them in my Sunkissed Vox Box about a week and a half ago. Never once have they slipped out of place. They stay put while I'm at work, asleep, they even stay in wet hair. Though they have stretched considerably, my Ribbon Elastics are no where near wearing out, fraying, or snapping. While Goody's newest style of hair tie works really well for me, I'm not sure how well they would work for those with very fine or thin hair. By the way, when you're ready to let your hair down, these elastics slip right out, they really are as "ouchless" as Goody promises.
I actually really love Goody's Ouchless Ribbon Elastic, way more than I expected to. I've been wanting to try the Twist Band for a while now, so I'm happy to see that they have a drugstore alternative. I've been converted from little gum bands to the Ribbon Elastics, I don't see why I'll ever need any other hair tie. If you have thick or coarse hair, these are made for you. If your hair is thinner, you may want to avoid them. As I said earlier in the post, I'd like to see a wider color palette for the Ribbon Elastics. The $5-6 price point is reasonable in my opinion, considering Goody products are frequently put on special. I'll definitely purchase more of these Ribbon Elastics. I've even shared one with one of my mother's co-workers (I hope I spread the love). A big thanks to Influenster for introducing me to this awesome product!