December 20, 2014 | 1360 users online

Top/Base Coats - L.A. Colors - Top Coat-Rapid dry

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by maybellecowbell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Totally rubbish top coat - chipped easily, the brush is too small & doesn't carry enough varnish to it's hard to get an even coat. Have switched to seche vite & it is THE BEST.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Gr4phicTwi5t

This took FOREVER to dry. Two hours and it still had not cured. Even with a hair dryer - which didn't help at all, by the way. Not rapid at all. It also dries to a rubbery finish I can dent with a fairly gentle effort - so it's won't look good for long. It does have a glorious shine to it though, which is nice. But, after one day, I'm going to have to redo this manicure due to peeling (I've never had this problem before!) and the nicks and scratches in the top coat. I feel like I've wasted a dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by taylortruck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been a nail polish addict for a few years now, and this is a great fast drying topcoat if your not willing to spend the money on a more expensive one.

Now, I was always under the impression that this wasn't one of those topcoats that helps your polish dry faster, instead being a top coat that dries fast itself. So, I've always used it on polish that was already hard to the touch. Otherwise, you'll smear and smudge your polish, which is never a good thing. But by itself, this top coat dries fast, compared to most other top coats.

This top coat is also very shiny. Do not use this on matte or suede polish! It'll ruin the effect. However, if you have a textured polish (matte, suede, sand, whatever...) that you don't like the texture to, or just want something different, you can apply this over it for a very shiny glossy look.

Honestly, I really use this topcoat for making my own polishes with. If you have holographic glitter, you can dump it all into this bottle, shake it up, and you have a very high quality holo polish that dries within seconds!

Anyway, overall, its a great top coat once you know how to use it. It dries very fast, its very glossy, and its only a buck at most dollar stores. Plus, its awesome if you ever want to make your own polish.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by VintagePro

I've read other reviews that say you have to apply this on completely dry nails, but if you have to wait until your color is dry, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

I have just now used this product for the first time, and I don't like it. It goes on very thin, which is not bad in itself, but it does not create a high shine; it's more like a gentle sheen. I've tried extra coats on some nails, but it hasn't helped. The finish is still somewhat dull and is no shinier than my nails were before I applied the top coat.

I'm also at the 20 minute mark and my nails STILL aren't dry.

I won't be able to testify as to how well it wears and protects from chips because I'm so disappointed in how this looks that I'm taking it off and starting over right now.

Good thing it was only a dollar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I get this at the Dollar Tree and Family Dollar and for $1 you can't go wrong.

This is a really good cheapy top coat!

*Dries fast!

I usually use this 1x a day or everyother day over my polish and it works great with keeping my polish looking shiney and nice. helps with chipping too!!

Always will be a repurchase!