Cover Girl Ink It By Perfect Point Plus

3.4

on 12/18/2014 4:37:00 PM

I bought this eyeliner in "black ink" and I don't know if it is just this tube, but it appears a dark olive green once applied to the eyes. This might just be a faulty tube, but this did NOT last all day, as advertised. It started to crease after about an hour. It is difficult to apply due to the flat nature of the eyeliner. There's no way to sharpen it. Will not be purchasing again.

I was so iffy about getting this but im soooo glad i did
It stays on all day long with out touchups
Great pigmentation
Easy glide on
Perfect

Its a twist up liner which is good if u hate sharpening

on 9/18/2014 7:49:00 PM

I had no problems with mine. Color was nice, didn't dry out, lasted for many hours and didn't smudge.

on 8/23/2014 10:46:00 AM

CoverGirl's new "Ink It" Eyeliner is simply Amazing. If I'm remembering correctly it was approximately $7 - I purchased mine in the Grocery Store. No special trip to the mall or a boutique store needed. You can buy it in a Drugstore, Grocery Store or even some local neighborhood pharmacies. On a side note, it's best to support local businesses if you are able to.

Anyway, back to the eyeliner. it comes in several shades - I have COCOA INK #260, BLACK INK #230 & GOLDEN INK #235. They all go on in an extremely Smooth manner. Once on it is as if your Eyeliner has been Tattooed into place. After applying or doing a test swatch let it set approximately 30seconds - it is very important to allow it these few seconds. Upon setting, it will not rub off nor Smudge/Streak. The tip is "self-sharpening", always has a perfect edge for applications & can be placed on in as light or bold of a manner that you choose.

While the term "Waterproof" is used in the description the formula they developed seems to be revolutionary - at least to my observations. As stated before, once on it is certainly as if you've been "INKED" - eyeliner tattooed by Cover Girl. Crying, a dip in the pool or sweating has not caused my eyeliner to run, drip, lighten or come off. Plain water on a towel did eventually remove it. That method took a lot of pressure & actual scrubbing so I would not recommend anyone trying it as the eye/skin around the eye is quite fragile. That being said, it is not an impossible to remove type of "Waterproof" - far from it, as a matter of fact. You do not need to worry if you mess up your application or decide you would like a different look. You will not have to wash off your whole face or completely re-do your makeup.

Removal of the product could not be simpler. No expensive or specialized creams/potions/makeup remover pads are necessary though you can use them if that's your routine. I have found, however, all it takes is some warm water with a bit of facial soap( I use Original "Tone" soap). You can put it on a cottonball, soft cloth or, as I do, a Q-tip. No rubbing or heavy pressure is needed. The liner will come off easily with just a swipe or two depending on how thickly you have layered it. After you've removed the eyeliner you can do a re-application or wash your face as you normally would.

I have Never come across a liner that goes on in such an exacting manner or truly has the "As Advertised" long-lasting Almost permanent effect of INK IT. I feel like I should stock up on it. We all know that as soon as we purchase a product and end up adoring it the company takes it off the market. There is always a "Next Best Thing" on the horizon. I hope this one stays around for a while.

Just to clarify my review. I do not work for PROCTER&GAMBLE or Any of their Subsidiaries. I purchased these products of my own volition using my own money. I was not paid to purchase them or review them nor was I coerced into doing so. This review is based solely on my personal experience with the product & as such, states my personal opinion.

on 7/24/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I would not say I've found my HG eyeliner, but this is the one I prefer for the time being out of all the ones I've tried so far. I don't like pencils you have to sharpen because they're dull, and i hate sharpening. I can't do liquids because I completely suck at those, lol. :D And I was not too good at gel liners, either. I prefer the control of a pencil with the feel of a gel liner, and this product does just that for me.

I like to buy this in black (and also have the gold one that I like to use for accents on my lower lash line). I also like to use this eyeliner for my cat-eye look (which can be done, but you have to be patient and not rush yourself through the process). I like to start out by tightlining, then start from the outer cerner and gently stroke my way to the inner corner (to achive a graduated look from wide to thin). You have to go over a few times with gentle strokes to build pigmentation (so you can do something light if you want to :P). Then I finish by drawing in the wing tip at the end and filling in the edges. But you have to use small little strokes, with lighter pressure as you finish the point on the end of the cat-eye. This eyeliner will last me all day. I only touch-up when my eyeshadow transfers a bit onto the eyeliner making it slightly less pigmented. Easily removed with makeup remover wipes.

A few cons with this eyeliner- it's not waterproof AT ALL. One drop, and this stuff is going to run down your face (so I can't use rewetting drops for my contacts while wearing this :/). so if you're gonna wear this to a wedding or tear jerking movie, I'd reconsider :D lol. It also doesn't last long on the waterline. One other thing that i don't like it the twist-up mechanism- sometimes I get a pencil that breaks inside somewhere (you'll hear it snap and feel it loosen up when you twist it) after about halfway used up. (But this doesn't happen with every pencil I buy). Despite these things, this eyeliner is not too bad, and a decent price (about $5 at Target). I will keep using this until I find something a little more waterproof and creamier. For the time being, this is my go-to. :)

on 7/23/2014 7:29:00 PM

This is one of the best lower end eyeliners available. The price is great for the result. It goes on my upper lid easily...and smoothly! I have a few issues with using it on my water line. Once it is on it stays on really well.

on 7/13/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this product on accident. I thought I had grabbed the Revlon eyeliner, which is a fine drugstore eyeliner, but this one had been put in its place at Ulta by accident. At first I liked this eyeliner. It's pretty pigmented and lasts for a while. But I hate applying it. It's TOO smudg-y, I can't line my waterline without it moving, and it transfers. It's a good eyeliner if you don't mind working for it.

on 7/13/2014 3:07:00 PM

I don't really use this on my upper lash line, I use it on my lower lash line and it is PERFECTION!!! Of course I do use a primer even on n lower lash line, but I love how smooth it is and dark it's just great!

on 6/22/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Drags on my lids as I apply it...breaks off easily. If I AM able to get it applied, it does last well but there are too many other choices out there that glide on easily. I wouldn't recommend this nor will I repurchase.

on 5/30/2014 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this for several months in the brown shade. I have somewhat oily eyelids and have trouble with eyeliners smudging on me. This is the best eye pencil I have ever found. It is less than $5 at Wal Mart it is definitely worth that and more. The only down side is that it is not retractable and a little crumbly, so if you drop it, it is prone to break off at the tip.