April 19, 2014 | 1803 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Ink It

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Emmey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure why this eyeliner has such bad reviews, but I love it. I use it every day to do my signature cat eye look, and when I use it on my waterline it is the only eyeliner that my sensitive contact wearing eyes can stand - plus it has real staying power! I buy it in "black ink", and I can honestly say that its the best drugstore eyeliner ever..The only thing I hate about it is that it can break off easily and you have to be careful not to twist too much otherwise you can't retract it back. I would totally recommend this if you're on a budget and looking for a good eyeliner!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I have this in charcoal and it's not very pigmented and you have to really press and apply a few coats to get much color. From the name of the product, I expected this to be creamy and vivid, but it's not. I much prefer the Miliani Liquid Eye pencils. I'm not a fan of CG eye makeup so this is another disappointing product to add to the list.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I love this eyeliner. I’d been using Avon Glimmersticks but when I ran out I picked this up for about $5CAD. I got it in the shade Cocoa. I like to go for a more natural makeup look and black is too harsh for an eyeliner imo. This eyeliner glides on almost like a liquid, but has the smudgeability of a pencil. And it stays sharp. Recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Crogers1510

I absolutely adore MAC's Technakohl eyeliner. I've repurchased it three times, and when I suddenly ran out of it again, I found myself without any eyeliner and no way to get to a MAC counter (the nearest is about 45 minutes away). So I went to the drugstore about the Ink It in black. I wasn't expecting much, but I had heard rave reviews on Youtube, so I was curious to see how it worked compared to MAC's. I was so shocked to find that I love this just as much, if not more than Technakohl! I have very oily eyelids. Not even Urban Decay's 24/7 liners can hold up to my lids. But this can and does beautifully for usually 8+ hours. It's a richly pigmented black that's creamy and goes on so easily. There's no pulling or having to really press down hard to get color. It's precise, but can be lightly smudged for a natural look. It can be removed easily with my makeup wipes, but through countless days of watery eyes from allergies, sad movie induced tears, and accidently rubbing my eyes, it stays! I love that this is a self-sharpening pencil, meaning that I don't have to sharpen it, but it stays pointy and easy to work with. I've had no problems with this crumbling or breaking at all, and I'm pretty hard on my eyeliner. I adore this stuff like there's no tomorrow. Do yourself a favor and check this stuff out because at Walmart, it's only like $4.97, which is more than $10 cheaper than my favorite MAC version.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I purchased this eyeliner on a whim. I got the color golden ink (number 235). I have been on a hunt for a gold eyeliner that it similar to a gold eyeliner pencil that Sephora sold years ago (was my ultimate favorite eyeliner, especially on the waterline since it helped brighten my waterline and wasn't completely obvious since I have a more neutral-leaning-slightly-warm skintone). Unfortunately, that darn pencil has been discontinued and I have yet to find a good dupe... until I found golden ink. It actually stays on better than the one Sephora had! And once it's on, it actually stays on. Also, I have extremely sensitive eyes and they get irritated easily; this pencil has not caused irritation for me. With all that has been said, this is the only color I've tried. I'll continue to find/purchase this pencil (and hopefully, CG won't discontinue it... at least not the gold one). I cannot vouch for the other colors and to be honest, I don't know if I will purchase the other colors, considering the more negative reviews on them. If you are hesitant on trying one of these liners, I am probably not the best person to ask about the others; however, I will say that golden ink has definitely been my favorite drugstore eyeliner of 2013.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Impybat

I bought this at a CVS as a buy one, get one half off. I was out of black eyeliner, so I popped in quick one morning before work so I could put my face on when I got there. I had high hopes which were soon dashed when I discovered it was crumblier than a Chips Ahoy cookie and weakly pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by GillianRose

Although it goes on smoothly, it creates smudges that somehow travel down under your eye after a while. In other words, it makes you kind of like a raccoon after an hour or two of wearing it. I recommend a better eyeliner...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by coffeeandlipstick

Goes on really smoothly and is really blend able. I hate eyeliners that are rock hard and difficult to draw on that cause you to pull at your eyelid. I really liked this eyeliner. I am not sure if it stays on all day because I haven't been monitoring it.. But it is so easy to use for everyday. You don't have to sharpen it as you just twist it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I am surprised about some of the negative reviews. I guess I am in the minority. I'm not sure if I would buy this again as I prefer liquid eyeliners and am partial to L'oreal eyeliners, but this is pretty good. The pencil twists up and it was very pigmented. I did have to blend the line a bit better with my finger so that it was a less harsh line, but the results were nice and looks great with a smoky eye.It lasted even on my oily lids and tear duct so that is a plus. The only thing I can really complain about is that it took some time to remove. That is when it really smudged and I had to keep going over my eyes with a cleansing wipe to remove it well. I have the shade in charcoal black.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by jade0electric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The tip of it does tend to break off, the eyeliner is too dry in my opinion. Also i got the blackest one and it is definitely not that black. Very disappointing looks to me like i had been wearing this for hours at initial application. I hope to return it soon.