Cover Girl Ink It By Perfect Point Plus

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have this in a few colors and it's dried out on me after a few uses. Granted, I don't use them on a daily basis but they really shouldn't dry out in this amount of time with any amount of use. I think these may be discontinued which is a good thing.

i bought this in the color copper and it seriously did not budge. i used it on my waterline, it was pretty durable.
however this is hard to apply..kind of hard and dry.

I purchased this in the bright blue color. I really wanted a blue eyeliner, and I figured I would try this since it claims to be long lasting.

The price is pretty good. I paid around $5 for mine, which isn't too steep. The packaging is ok, simple and easy to use. This eyeliner is a click up pencil, so you don't have to sharpen.

I found this to be a little bit of a pain. It's somewhat chalky, actually. I was expecting more of a gel or crayon consistency, but it feels oddly dry on my eyelid. It's also not as pigmented as I would have hoped. I usually draw over the same area about 3 times before I get the results I want. Because the tip is blunt, it's nearly impossible to tightline with this stuff. Also, I've found that the lead breaks VERY easily. DO. NOT. DROP. THIS.

I will say, this stuff stays in place pretty well and it is definitely waterproof. However, if you try to wing your eyeliner there is a high probability of smudging. It's kinda odd...waterproof but not smudge-proof? Oh well, it still stays in place better than most drugstore eyeliners that I've tried.

Overall....I'm not totally blown away by this. Its not very durable at all, and its a little difficult to get the results you want. Its not nearly as pigmented as it should be. I just don't like having to work so hard to look nice...eyeliner should be easy, draw it on and go. This just didn't achieve that for me.

That being said, it's not horrible and I'll continue to use it until it's either gone or completely broken. I had considered getting the gold version, but I think I'll just save my change for an Urban Decay eyeliner pencil. I won't be repurchasing.

Hard to put on. Color kept breaking off. Would not buy again.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Downgrading this, mostly because it's such a rip off. I like the product but there's so little of it. It also breaks easily, you can not retract it if you twist it too far up, and it dries out fast so you have to break off even more to get fresh product.

Pros:
* very smooth application/no skipping
* smudges/blends easily (if you want it to)
* decent lasting power (longer than Revlon colorstay, but not waterproof or all day)
* stays put (no flaking, a little smearing)
* removes easily

Cons:
* very little product in a standard size tube
* hard to get a very fine line (tip is med size)
* breaks off very very easily
* you can not retract it, if you accidentally twist it too far up
* dries out fast
* tends to irritate my eyes a little if it gets into waterline

(color: cocoa ink)

I have bought this three times and love it every time! Great eyeliner and very happy I give in and bought it.

I bought this eyeliner in "black ink" and I don't know if it is just this tube, but it appears a dark olive green once applied to the eyes. This might just be a faulty tube, but this did NOT last all day, as advertised. It started to crease after about an hour. It is difficult to apply due to the flat nature of the eyeliner. There's no way to sharpen it. Will not be purchasing again.

I was so iffy about getting this but im soooo glad i did
It stays on all day long with out touchups
Great pigmentation
Easy glide on
Perfect

Its a twist up liner which is good if u hate sharpening

I had no problems with mine. Color was nice, didn't dry out, lasted for many hours and didn't smudge.

CoverGirl's new "Ink It" Eyeliner is simply Amazing. If I'm remembering correctly it was approximately $7 - I purchased mine in the Grocery Store. No special trip to the mall or a boutique store needed. You can buy it in a Drugstore, Grocery Store or even some local neighborhood pharmacies. On a side note, it's best to support local businesses if you are able to.

Anyway, back to the eyeliner. it comes in several shades - I have COCOA INK #260, BLACK INK #230 & GOLDEN INK #235. They all go on in an extremely Smooth manner. Once on it is as if your Eyeliner has been Tattooed into place. After applying or doing a test swatch let it set approximately 30seconds - it is very important to allow it these few seconds. Upon setting, it will not rub off nor Smudge/Streak. The tip is "self-sharpening", always has a perfect edge for applications & can be placed on in as light or bold of a manner that you choose.

While the term "Waterproof" is used in the description the formula they developed seems to be revolutionary - at least to my observations. As stated before, once on it is certainly as if you've been "INKED" - eyeliner tattooed by Cover Girl. Crying, a dip in the pool or sweating has not caused my eyeliner to run, drip, lighten or come off. Plain water on a towel did eventually remove it. That method took a lot of pressure & actual scrubbing so I would not recommend anyone trying it as the eye/skin around the eye is quite fragile. That being said, it is not an impossible to remove type of "Waterproof" - far from it, as a matter of fact. You do not need to worry if you mess up your application or decide you would like a different look. You will not have to wash off your whole face or completely re-do your makeup.

Removal of the product could not be simpler. No expensive or specialized creams/potions/makeup remover pads are necessary though you can use them if that's your routine. I have found, however, all it takes is some warm water with a bit of facial soap( I use Original "Tone" soap). You can put it on a cottonball, soft cloth or, as I do, a Q-tip. No rubbing or heavy pressure is needed. The liner will come off easily with just a swipe or two depending on how thickly you have layered it. After you've removed the eyeliner you can do a re-application or wash your face as you normally would.

I have Never come across a liner that goes on in such an exacting manner or truly has the "As Advertised" long-lasting Almost permanent effect of INK IT. I feel like I should stock up on it. We all know that as soon as we purchase a product and end up adoring it the company takes it off the market. There is always a "Next Best Thing" on the horizon. I hope this one stays around for a while.

Just to clarify my review. I do not work for PROCTER&GAMBLE or Any of their Subsidiaries. I purchased these products of my own volition using my own money. I was not paid to purchase them or review them nor was I coerced into doing so. This review is based solely on my personal experience with the product & as such, states my personal opinion.