July 29, 2014 | 1503 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Ink It By Perfect Point Plus

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I would not say I've found my HG eyeliner, but this is the one I prefer for the time being out of all the ones I've tried so far. I don't like pencils you have to sharpen because they're dull, and i hate sharpening. I can't do liquids because I completely suck at those, lol. :D And I was not too good at gel liners, either. I prefer the control of a pencil with the feel of a gel liner, and this product does just that for me.

I like to buy this in black (and also have the gold one that I like to use for accents on my lower lash line). I also like to use this eyeliner for my cat-eye look (which can be done, but you have to be patient and not rush yourself through the process). I like to start out by tightlining, then start from the outer cerner and gently stroke my way to the inner corner (to achive a graduated look from wide to thin). You have to go over a few times with gentle strokes to build pigmentation (so you can do something light if you want to :P). Then I finish by drawing in the wing tip at the end and filling in the edges. But you have to use small little strokes, with lighter pressure as you finish the point on the end of the cat-eye. This eyeliner will last me all day. I only touch-up when my eyeshadow transfers a bit onto the eyeliner making it slightly less pigmented. Easily removed with makeup remover wipes.

A few cons with this eyeliner- it's not waterproof AT ALL. One drop, and this stuff is going to run down your face (so I can't use rewetting drops for my contacts while wearing this :/). so if you're gonna wear this to a wedding or tear jerking movie, I'd reconsider :D lol. It also doesn't last long on the waterline. One other thing that i don't like it the twist-up mechanism- sometimes I get a pencil that breaks inside somewhere (you'll hear it snap and feel it loosen up when you twist it) after about halfway used up. (But this doesn't happen with every pencil I buy). Despite these things, this eyeliner is not too bad, and a decent price (about $5 at Target). I will keep using this until I find something a little more waterproof and creamier. For the time being, this is my go-to. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Fslong89

This is one of the best lower end eyeliners available. The price is great for the result. It goes on my upper lid easily...and smoothly! I have a few issues with using it on my water line. Once it is on it stays on really well.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by heyskankable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product on accident. I thought I had grabbed the Revlon eyeliner, which is a fine drugstore eyeliner, but this one had been put in its place at Ulta by accident. At first I liked this eyeliner. It's pretty pigmented and lasts for a while. But I hate applying it. It's TOO smudg-y, I can't line my waterline without it moving, and it transfers. It's a good eyeliner if you don't mind working for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Missyboo123

This is my all time favorite liner that is in a pencil-ish form! It's pigmented, stays on all day, and is just my favorite liner! My eyes have a tendency to water so other liners are faded on my lower lash line but this stuff stays on all day! LOVE IT! Another item I will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Drags on my lids as I apply it...breaks off easily. If I AM able to get it applied, it does last well but there are too many other choices out there that glide on easily. I wouldn't recommend this nor will I repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by catwhiskers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for several months in the brown shade. I have somewhat oily eyelids and have trouble with eyeliners smudging on me. This is the best eye pencil I have ever found. It is less than $5 at Wal Mart it is definitely worth that and more. The only down side is that it is not retractable and a little crumbly, so if you drop it, it is prone to break off at the tip.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by TammieCavender

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this today bc I ran out of eyeliner. The color is great. It doesn't come off. I only gave it a 3 bc you can't retract it. It takes time to get it off so if you make a mistake you have to take all your eye makeup off just to fix a little area.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't generally favour eye pencils (since I prefer liquid eye pens) but I have to say I was fairly impressed with this one (and by Cover Girl, no less!)

I bought the pencil in cocoa, and I use it in combination with my Smashbox cream eyeliner in midnight brown- the result is kind of a natural, smoky cat eye that I use in my everyday look. I tightline with "Ink it!" in addition to blending it into my lash line, and then I use my Smashbox cream liner to perfect the flick (since "Ink It!" doesn't provide a sharp enough tip for that kind of precision).

Although I don't think that the staying power of this liner is anything worth noting, it's a decent liner for the price and is great for blending into the lash line for a natural look. The dull tip doesn't particularly allow for sharp edges, which may be a deterrent for people who prefer a cat eye (in which care I would recommend a cream, liquid or gel liner instead).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Emmey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure why this eyeliner has such bad reviews, but I love it. I use it every day to do my signature cat eye look, and when I use it on my waterline it is the only eyeliner that my sensitive contact wearing eyes can stand - plus it has real staying power! I buy it in "black ink", and I can honestly say that its the best drugstore eyeliner ever..The only thing I hate about it is that it can break off easily and you have to be careful not to twist too much otherwise you can't retract it back. I would totally recommend this if you're on a budget and looking for a good eyeliner!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I have this in charcoal and it's not very pigmented and you have to really press and apply a few coats to get much color. From the name of the product, I expected this to be creamy and vivid, but it's not. I much prefer the Miliani Liquid Eye pencils. I'm not a fan of CG eye makeup so this is another disappointing product to add to the list.