Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

on 9/14/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have received this along w the coordinating eye creme in GWP/PWPs b4 & I'm always so pleased to receive it (Macy's EL GWP=recently! Yassss!!), as this is very $$$ & kind of out of my price range unless an occasion arises (Xmas/bday). It is fabulous! The eye creme too. I have tried some other serums mainly from subscription boxes coz I do not buy these kinds of things for myself unfortunately. I will make the small containers stretch as far as possible (hopefully Xmas). It makes my "mature" skin plumped up, less sallow, more youthful, less greasy-oily just a lot of benefits & it doesn't break me out. The sallow "blahhh's" was a real problem for me & this really combats it better than my 2 other no name indie serums supposedly comparatively priced (according to cards that come w the subscription boxes that show prices). This is a high quality product. Just wish I could afford to use it all of the time! *hates being broke* if ur over 30+ u need this & the eye creme in ur life! EL is lyfe. Budget ur skincare best u can go do & it will serve you well. Some DS is okay but what u can get at dept stores is exponentially much better imo esp EL or Clinique are what I'm all about.

on 9/13/2015 10:42:00 PM

I love this serum, it hydrates, and makes my skin smoother and brighter. It smells a bit like medicine, not unpleasant, but the scent goes away quickly. The antioxidants in this serum means it is great at taking care of your skin in the long run! This is the only serum that has given me results that I can see - Lancome, Olay, you name it, I thought the results were only so so. Obviously serums are about long term care of the skin (over years and years), but if a serum does not also make my skin smoother, brighter and more hydrated in the short term it is just not worth it.

I have tried so many other serums, and this is the winner. Why? The first and MOST IMPORTANT reason I use this serum over others is that it does not contain niacinamide. Scientific research suggests that when you put on a serum containing Niacinamide and a serum containing Vitamin C on your skin, the niacinamide will deactivate the vitamin C. As I also use a Vitamin C 15% serum along with my ANR, the last thing I need is for the vitamin C to be deactivated because I put on a niacinamide-containing serum straight after. If you read the ingredients, so many serums contain niacinamde (because it is a great ingredient!), but I would rather not risk the efficacy of my vitamin c serum. As Vit C provides antioxidants, anti wrinkle and photoprotective benefits, I would rather the vitamin C work and forgoe the niacinamide.

on 9/9/2015 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best serum in the World and it does make your skin look younger the day you use it. Extremly moisturising for my dry sensitive skin. But the Price is just to much.

on 9/6/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Don't know why exactly I bought this, I did not have a gaping hole in my skin care regimen. I have normal to dry skin, no acne, scars, blemishes, etc.
I use blended oils to cleanse and moisturize, along with Retin-a for anti-aging. I use CDLM as a hydrating nighttime barrier cream. SPF every day and if a moisture boost is needed, rosewater/glycerine spray. My skin looks the best it has in years.

Added this to my routine and I've used 1.24 oz of this serum. While it's not bad at all, I just don't see that it's having any effect whatsoever. So I probably won't repurchase.
Consistency: Thick, slightly opaque. Good slip, spreads easily.
Smell: Very light, almost fruity, doesn't last at all.
Feel: Smooth and light, absorbs quickly. Not greasy and no film or residue when applied to freshly washed skin.
Hydration: Not hydrating at all, this won't replace a moisturizer.
Packaging: Good, I like a dropper. Best would be an airtight pump though.

I really don't believe in most anti-aging products. SPF and proven actives like retinoids are my true anti-aging arsenal. I like everything about this serum, it just doesn't have any visible effects after a few months use.

Nothing. This stuff didn't break me out or anything, neither did it do anything for my face at all. I will give it 2 lippies just because it didn't break me out even though I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and break out from about 80 percent of all products i try out. But i can tell it didn't do anything for my face either because I only applied it to the left half of my face for a month and applied my normal moisturiser on top of it (do that with all new products so that if it breaks me out I know that it's because of the product in particular) After a month my face looked exactly the same as the right side where only normal moisturiser was applied.

on 8/22/2015 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used up a sample of this I kinda liked it. Love the consistency. I put it on at night and when I wake up I can really feel that my skin's become smoother. Unfortunately, I think my skin was too sensitive because it kind of stung and tingled when I put it on after a few more uses.

This stuff is AMAZING! I used Eminence Calm Skin Arnica Booster-Serum which I thought was great, but this takes the cake. My skin is soft, firm, clear ... I probably use way to much. It smells a little weird, but that only lasts a second or two. I never knew what the big deal was with serums till I discovered this one and the one by Eminence. They are a must have in any beauty regimen.

on 8/11/2015 9:36:00 PM

This product is great. I received a bottle as a gift and started using every night. After a few days a noticed plumper, clear, fresh looking skin. I wash my face and apply a small pea size every night and love it. I recently ran out and noticed my skin started to look dry and dull. I recently purchased a new bottle. The price is a little steep, but it lasts. I had a 1.7 ounce bottle that lasted seven months so it is worth the price. I highly recommend for everyone to give it a try.

on 8/7/2015 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used this for almost a year now. I have combination skin that is slightly sensitive.

1) This will deliver fast results of plumper and smoother skin, especially if you have dry skin this will help you a lot under your night moisturiser.

2) Because the price is set quite high i only use this at night when my skin is repairing at it optimum.

3) The smell is light and you almost can't smell it when you first apply it

4) It absorbs quick if you apply it the right way, put about a pea size into the palms of your hand and spread evenly. Than apply on the face and neck area in tapping motions.

This is hands down my HOLY GRAIL serum it's worth it!

on 7/26/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Do you ever feel like your skin is just blahh and needs something but you're not sure what/which cream or potion to use? This product is your fix! It makes your skin look ...better!

I've noticed a huge difference in texture. I used to have dehydrated skin that made my pores look big, but this takes care of that! It makes my skin look fresh, glowy, healthy, clean, and just a do-it-all product. Of course I still use an eye cream with this and often top it with a moisturizer after a few minutes to complete my skincare routine. This serum-like-treatment is really effective and definitely worth the price

Serums are the thing to invest in if you're looking to splurge on a part of your skincare routine. They are the superheros of the skincare world! Serums offer the most/fastest benefits. They don't require much product, just a few drops. love serums because they get really deep-down. Apply it after cleansing and it'll soak into your pores.

Popular Treatments (Face)