April 19, 2014 | 1923 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Sea80s

This is my Holy Grail - I've been using this for over 9 years, in all its various incarnations. It sounds ridiculous but it does repair - when I've been hit with sunburn this stuff turns it around, heals it and then some how I don't grow another load of fine lines. It's basically keeping me from ageing as fast as perhaps someone else would who doesn't use it, does that make sense ?

Also, I used to use the ANR Booster - gah, when I read it had been discontinued I went mental (yes, they had this miracle Booster serum that was 5x more concentrated). I'd run out of that and my normal ANR and when I went to Lauder in Boots, they told me this new Complex II was replacing the Concentrate (as well as the old ANR). I was VERY VERY VERY sceptical... I've been down this road before with products that worked and when they changed the ingredients, they stopped working.

Thankfully, this new Complex II is brilliant - it's spookily similar to the Concentrate in terms of the smell, so maybe it is ..? I don't know.

I did do and experiment where I stopped using ANR for 2 weeks - the results were scary. I looked grey, dull and random spots started to appear. Also, a wrinkle on my upper nose suddenly started to look deeper - horrified wasn't the word. After 2 weeks back into the routine, I managed to get my skin back on track. To be honest, I have no idea what's in this product, but it seems to just work.

Anyone who likes the science of products needs to ask the sales assistant for the actual test results chart that was carried out on over 200 women (yes, that's more than the usual 24) - it is quite astounding. I am a bit of a techno freak !

For the reviewers who say the don't see results, I'd like to suggest you wash your face with either a Clarisonic, or you use the muslim cloth technique from Liz Earle. If you don't exfoliate those DEAD skin cells off, how can you expect any quality product to reach the skin cells ?

I apologise for sounding like I am doing a sale pitch and raving on like a looney - but I truly believe in this product, it's about as close to the fountain of youth as I feel I can get using cosmetics.

TIP: Use this on the backs of your hands every night and seal in with your moisturiser - I guarantee you'll have less brown spots appearing, if any at all if you start in your 20's.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by hadeutsch

OMG cannot believe when seeing overall rating. ANR is really my true forever love from years to years. I received many good comments on my lovely skin since i used it from 21 years old. Smooth, radiant, flawless, bright, lovely pinky. Even the complex II version, it gives me higher moisture than the old one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical of this product. I've been using the Oil Free Day Wear for about a year and have liked the overall results. When I purchased my most recent jar of Day Wear, I got a sample of this. I used it religously until it was gone. Then I started on another sample that I got on the Estee Lauder website. I've been using this for about 6 weeks and I am noticing the change. My fine lines around my eyes (very fine) have plumped up a little. My complexion is more even. My recent acne marks are fading more quickly. It's also easier to extract blackheads. With minimal pressure, they pop right out. I will be purchasing a full size bottle of this.

Prior to using this product, my skin routine was as follows:

Night:
Clean with clarisonic brush and drugstore salicylic acid face wash
Tone with drugstore sensitive skin salicylic acid toner
(added the EL Serum Complex here)
apply benzoyl peroxide spot treatment to my t-zone and problem areas
moisturize with my EL Oil Free Day Wear

Morning:
hand wash with a little bit of drug store salicylic face wash
apply a little bit of EL Oil Free Day Wear

My Skin Type:
VERY OILY
Acne Prone
Mildly Sensitive

I am sensitive to titanium dioxide and certain vit. C preps. Both the EL Day Wear and Complex serum do not irritate my skin. This is a sign that the ingredients are of high quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by nadiuszka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my second bottle, but not because I love it so much I had to buy it again. The first one somehow unscrew itself in my suitcase and spolied all my holidays clothes, not to mention burned 40 hole in my pocket...
I did it again, fell a victim of other people's positive reviews and bought it again...
I am so disappointed... I cannot see any significant improvements (and have been using it for 2 months).
I promise to myself not to fall in that trap again. THERE IS NO CREAM OR SERUM EVER THAT CAN PREVENT AGEING OF THE SKIN! It does age and there is nothing we can do about it, especially using topical products...

Girls!!! (and boys!!!) All those magic products do is to moisturise and plump DEAD SKIN CELLS!!!! None of them is allowed to penetrate deeper layers of our skin, it would have to be called medicine... With exception of skinceuticals products that can only be prescirbed (and for that reason).

Drink water,smile and be happy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by noodlenoodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've already been through a few bottles of this. It really did improve the appearance of my tired dull skin. I saw results within 2 weeks of using this during examination days when I was suffering from lack of sleep and stress. I use a different serum in the day but always go back to this at night. The texture is watery and slightly tacky but absorbs immediately (unlike some
serums which leave a silicon-like layer) and it works well with almost any moisturiser. Highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Aiglon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this product because it seems to be the best serum out there. I got a sample and tried it for several days. After 3 days I noticed that I got a rash on my jawline and around my mouth. After 4 days the rash spread to my neck. I stopped using this product and my skin was back to normal after a week or so. I suppose I'm allergic to a certain ingredient. I highly recommend everyone with a sensitive skin like mine to try the sample first, before buying the actual product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had strayed from ANR for a while, but something about how reliable and high quality ANR is always keeps me coming back when I've cheated (and lost) with other products. However, when I went to my local Macy's, I was surprised to learn that rather than being a second ANR option (hence the "II"), this product has actually replaced the previous one. That's sort of a bummer for me, since I appreciated the retinol in that formula, for my acne-prone and just beginning to age 30 year old skin. But, ANR hasn't let me down before, so I picked this one up assuming I could just return it if I didn't like it. I know that there's no retinol in it, but functionally I don't feel any difference from the previous formula. It smells, looks, and applies the same. And I wake up with nice skin, just like before. So even though I know that it's missing an important ingredient for me (which is why I've taken one lippie off), I still appreciate this formula and will continue to use (and maybe not cheat, this time?).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used both the previous version (for about a year) and this updated serum. I have used a whole bottle of the new serum so far.
I think that it's a lovely serum for my dry/combination skin. After finishing one bottle of the new ANR serum, I decided to give Lancome's advanced Gefinique a try. The Genifique made me break out while this ANR does not.
Without the ANR, my skin looks unhealthily discolored and dry.
Now that I'm not using the ANR serum, my skin became dry again and thin lines are threatening to show on my forehead. My skin was smooth while I used the serum!
On a final note, the packaging could be better. I spilled some of the serum the first time I traveled with it. I never traveled with it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd seen and heard of this product for many years but never got around to actually trying it out. Maybe it was just the unattractive brown bottle packaging or the "older" image that Estee Lauder has. That was until I came back from a winter holiday with horrible flaking skin. I dry out really easily; even a few hours in a plane will cause my skin to go nuts.

So I was desperately searching for something..anything to help my skin recover. I decided to give this a go, together with intensive masking with aloe vera sheet masks because my skin was flaking terribly. My skin became much better after about 3 days which quite surprised me, in a pleasant way. It's been 3 weeks since I've started using this (and stopped using sheet masks) and I definitely notice an improvement in the size of my pores. My skin also feels softer. I don't really like the herbally scent of this but it fades quickly.

In summary, the benefits I have noticed are: better skin texture, smaller pores, hydration. (Estee Lauder claims that ANR does all these and I think that it has worked for me)

I cannot comment on the anti-ageing benefits because I don't have lines or wrinkles on my face yet.

I have not noticed: whitening, reduction in oil production, lesser pimples. So if you're looking for a serum that does these things, you might want to try others. To be fair, ANR is not supposed to do the abovementioned anyway.

I will definitely repurchase because I think this is the only serum that has improved my skin so dramatically in a matter of weeks. It is also fairly priced and pretty much worth the money for something so awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by arcss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Is the only serum i've bought more then once. It does what it says, it almost seems more concentrated then the previous version. Great!