July 25, 2014 | 1970 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by makeupjie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Now I am on my fourth bottle of this ANR facial serum. What I experienced along the way is soothing and recovering ability of this product! But you have to be patience for the result! It won't cause me break out. Moreover, it helps healing my acne scars and pimples in a subtle but effective way! It is worth the investment!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by BahattA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE IT.
I use this right before I go to bed at night and it makes my skin feel so peaceful and even which is not easy! I have oily skin that has a lot of pink areas with no visible reason. This litle guy makes my skin feel and look simply amazing.
I got the little sample bottle as a gift when i bought a few other products from the brand and accept for the fact that the amount is tiny, I just love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by nini68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just wished I never gave my money for this. After just 3-4 days of use I got lot of whiteheads on my cheeks and it took few weeks before they disapeared. It also made my skin dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I remember when the original Night Repair came out in the late '70s to early '80s (I'm thinking '79 or '80 if my memory serves me.) I know people who have used it for almost that long (can you imagine the money spent?) Their skin is nothing to rave about and at least one has already had a needed face lift. Todays version may have anti-oxidents, but there is nothing particularly effective about the formula. The ingredient list is simplistic at most. You would be better served by a product which has Retinol or stabalized Vitamin C or both and these ACTIVE ingedients (there's nothing Active in or about ANR) will show as results on your skin in 2 weeks and even tone, fade sun spots and reduce lines and wrinkles remarkably by 4 weeks. This product will never accomplish any of these no matter how long you use it. The Lauder owned companies of Prescriptives and Clinique each have their own version of this. Prescriptives Line Preventor has been around almost as long. The cost is as ridiculous as the claims. I'll put Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Retinol, Stabalized Vitamin C and the newest Peptide ingredients up against this nonsensical product anytime regardless of Lauder's claim of patents and the like. As a matter of fact there is nothing particularly effective about any of Lauder's, Perscriptive's or Clinique's endless supply of lotion, potions and creams offered unless you count hydration/moisturization which there are 1000's by 1000's of differnt companies. If any one of them were truely effective as an anti-ager, why would there be a need for the 100's of varied products these 3 companies offer? The Beauty Industrial Compex indeed.

22 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by misspanlilio

i looooove this serum! i apply it on clean skin twice a day -- in the mornings under my makeup and at night before going to bed. about 3-4 drops for my whole face. after a couple of days of use, my husband noticed immediately that my skin is softer and looks finer.

after 2 weeks of use, my skin feels more hydrated and is softer. my makeup goes on smoothly and my skin is somewhat tighter. although i don't have visible wrinkles yet, prevention is key :) i would buy this product again even though it's pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Sea80s

This is my Holy Grail - I've been using this for over 9 years, in all its various incarnations. It sounds ridiculous but it does repair - when I've been hit with sunburn this stuff turns it around, heals it and then some how I don't grow another load of fine lines. It's basically keeping me from ageing as fast as perhaps someone else would who doesn't use it, does that make sense ?

Also, I used to use the ANR Booster - gah, when I read it had been discontinued I went mental (yes, they had this miracle Booster serum that was 5x more concentrated). I'd run out of that and my normal ANR and when I went to Lauder in Boots, they told me this new Complex II was replacing the Concentrate (as well as the old ANR). I was VERY VERY VERY sceptical... I've been down this road before with products that worked and when they changed the ingredients, they stopped working.

Thankfully, this new Complex II is brilliant - it's spookily similar to the Concentrate in terms of the smell, so maybe it is ..? I don't know.

I did do and experiment where I stopped using ANR for 2 weeks - the results were scary. I looked grey, dull and random spots started to appear. Also, a wrinkle on my upper nose suddenly started to look deeper - horrified wasn't the word. After 2 weeks back into the routine, I managed to get my skin back on track. To be honest, I have no idea what's in this product, but it seems to just work.

Anyone who likes the science of products needs to ask the sales assistant for the actual test results chart that was carried out on over 200 women (yes, that's more than the usual 24) - it is quite astounding. I am a bit of a techno freak !

For the reviewers who say the don't see results, I'd like to suggest you wash your face with either a Clarisonic, or you use the muslim cloth technique from Liz Earle. If you don't exfoliate those DEAD skin cells off, how can you expect any quality product to reach the skin cells ?

I apologise for sounding like I am doing a sale pitch and raving on like a looney - but I truly believe in this product, it's about as close to the fountain of youth as I feel I can get using cosmetics.

TIP: Use this on the backs of your hands every night and seal in with your moisturiser - I guarantee you'll have less brown spots appearing, if any at all if you start in your 20's.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by hadeutsch

OMG cannot believe when seeing overall rating. ANR is really my true forever love from years to years. I received many good comments on my lovely skin since i used it from 21 years old. Smooth, radiant, flawless, bright, lovely pinky. Even the complex II version, it gives me higher moisture than the old one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical of this product. I've been using the Oil Free Day Wear for about a year and have liked the overall results. When I purchased my most recent jar of Day Wear, I got a sample of this. I used it religously until it was gone. Then I started on another sample that I got on the Estee Lauder website. I've been using this for about 6 weeks and I am noticing the change. My fine lines around my eyes (very fine) have plumped up a little. My complexion is more even. My recent acne marks are fading more quickly. It's also easier to extract blackheads. With minimal pressure, they pop right out. I will be purchasing a full size bottle of this.

Prior to using this product, my skin routine was as follows:

Night:
Clean with clarisonic brush and drugstore salicylic acid face wash
Tone with drugstore sensitive skin salicylic acid toner
(added the EL Serum Complex here)
apply benzoyl peroxide spot treatment to my t-zone and problem areas
moisturize with my EL Oil Free Day Wear

Morning:
hand wash with a little bit of drug store salicylic face wash
apply a little bit of EL Oil Free Day Wear

My Skin Type:
VERY OILY
Acne Prone
Mildly Sensitive

I am sensitive to titanium dioxide and certain vit. C preps. Both the EL Day Wear and Complex serum do not irritate my skin. This is a sign that the ingredients are of high quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by nadiuszka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my second bottle, but not because I love it so much I had to buy it again. The first one somehow unscrew itself in my suitcase and spolied all my holidays clothes, not to mention burned 40 hole in my pocket...
I did it again, fell a victim of other people's positive reviews and bought it again...
I am so disappointed... I cannot see any significant improvements (and have been using it for 2 months).
I promise to myself not to fall in that trap again. THERE IS NO CREAM OR SERUM EVER THAT CAN PREVENT AGEING OF THE SKIN! It does age and there is nothing we can do about it, especially using topical products...

Girls!!! (and boys!!!) All those magic products do is to moisturise and plump DEAD SKIN CELLS!!!! None of them is allowed to penetrate deeper layers of our skin, it would have to be called medicine... With exception of skinceuticals products that can only be prescirbed (and for that reason).

Drink water,smile and be happy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:17:00 AM More reviews by noodlenoodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've already been through a few bottles of this. It really did improve the appearance of my tired dull skin. I saw results within 2 weeks of using this during examination days when I was suffering from lack of sleep and stress. I use a different serum in the day but always go back to this at night. The texture is watery and slightly tacky but absorbs immediately (unlike some
serums which leave a silicon-like layer) and it works well with almost any moisturiser. Highly recommended!