Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

3.7

Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE [] METHYL GLUCETH-20 [] PEG-75 [] BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] PROPANEDIOL [] COLA ACUMINATA (KOLA) SEED EXTRACT [] HYDROLYZED ALGIN [] PANTETHINE [] CAFFEINE [] LECITHIN [] TRIPEPTIDE-32 [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] SODIUM RNA [] BISABOLOL [] GLYCERETH-26 [] SQUALANE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] LACTOBACILLUS FERMENT [] OLETH-3 [] OLETH-5 [] ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE) [] YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE [] CHOLETH-24 [] HYDROGENATED LECITHIN [] CETETH-24 [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] CARBOMER [] TRIETHANOLAMINE [] TRISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] XANTHAN GUM [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] RED 4 (CI 14700) [] YELLOW 5 (CI 19140)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's so expensive. But I love it, love it, love it! Definitely worth the price

I thought about getting this one for a long time, but always considered it too expensive. However, after getting a tester I fell in love and bought it. It lasts for ages. A 30 ml bottle will literally last >12 months for me, you really only need half a drop. Together with my favorite mud mask and a good oil, this saved me from a stress caused major zit invasion problem skin (TMI, sorry!).

The smell is very special. I don't really know how to describe it. Almost fermented. I like it, but I think everyone should make sure to smell it before buying, because it is clearly noticeable. As it is perfume free, the smell must come from the ingredients. Thankfully the smell disappears quickly

It glides over the skin very easily, and is quickly absorbed. You'd almost think that the half drop you're using wont spread of the face, but it does. It feels nice gliding over the skin, but quickly fades to being unnoticeable. At first I thought it did nothing because of that, but the improvement of my skin proved otherwise.

It should really be the first layer you put on your face efter cleansing it. Layering it over something else doesn't work in my experience.

If you haven't, try it!

This must be Estee Lauder's star product. Everyone I know who care about their skin have at least used this once or twice or ongoing. So I give it a try... and? It make your skin feel "healthy", adding extra moisture, it smell bad... but I can tolerate that. What I can't stand is the ridiculous asking price. I'm still young I can't tell if this is actually doing any age-preventing or "repair", but I guess most cosmetic are like an "skin insurance"... good one make you age well, and this is what I'm hoping for. This often goes on sale in Lauder's warehouse sell... get it while you have the chance.

(Note: I do think this help fading acne scaring... I don't trust whitening product but this one seem to be doing it's job, perhaps it's helping out your skin cell renewal... for that reason I will keep on buying it. Highly recommend if you have the budget.)

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

SKIN TYPE:
-Combination (Normal cheeks, oily-ish T-Zone)
-Pores on T-Zone
-Large sebaceous filaments on nose

Day 3 of using this serum-
WHERE THE HECK ARE MY PORES GONE?
NOSE TEXTURE IS SMOOTH AND PERFECT!

Now. I will add;
Serum has a definite scent. Not quite pleasant. Buuuut bearable.

*my skin is not majorly SENSITIVE so I cannot comment on how this serum acts with sensitive skin*

Skin got DEHYDRATED during winter months. This serum fixed this too.

(My two sisters and I swear by this. Both being a lot older than I. So it seems to work across all age spectrums esp. regarding both of their age - related skin issues)(p.s I'm just 21 and they're in mid - thirties)(My mummy loves it too (60 years old))

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a sample from Harper's Bazaar and it is absolutely horrible. It has alcohol and it is heavily scented. At first I thought it had a strong scent because of the antioxidants in it but it's actually because of the added fragrance after I checked CosDna. Also it contains a lot of acne triggering ingredients and it managed to break me out after 3 years of good skin when I've only had to deal with the occasional spot. Also it irritated my skin and didn't moisturize.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

EXPENSIVE!!!! BUT IT WORKS! This product is the faster working skin care product i have ever used. I have been breaking out and my pores are sore and painful to touch. I use this on my face, and it soothes the skin immediately. The next day, my skin healed in a way that it is not as painful as before, though not completely. This serum really repairs and reduce the redness!!!!!! My skin tone is less dull and my skin looks better. However, it does not solve skin problems completely. My pores are still clogged and look huge. I will still have blackheads here and there. But this thing is the best thing to repair your skin! It works better than the la roche posay Cicaplast Baume B5 balm, which i feel that it doesnt help at all,(except soothing a LITTLE bit and making my face oily). 30ml/50ml is still expensive. I will consider whether to repurchase because it is too much to afford :(

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is expensive so I asked my Mom to get it for me for my birthday :) I've been using it ever since and it has helped my skin a ton! I have combination to very oily skin with occasional blemishes, discoloration and redness yet since using this I haven't had any breakouts, my skin looks more even, supple and healthy. Good stuff!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have received this along w the coordinating eye creme in GWP/PWPs b4 & I'm always so pleased to receive it (Macy's EL GWP=recently! Yassss!!), as this is very $$$ & kind of out of my price range unless an occasion arises (Xmas/bday). It is fabulous! The eye creme too. I have tried some other serums mainly from subscription boxes coz I do not buy these kinds of things for myself unfortunately. I will make the small containers stretch as far as possible (hopefully Xmas). It makes my "mature" skin plumped up, less sallow, more youthful, less greasy-oily just a lot of benefits & it doesn't break me out. The sallow "blahhh's" was a real problem for me & this really combats it better than my 2 other no name indie serums supposedly comparatively priced (according to cards that come w the subscription boxes that show prices). This is a high quality product. Just wish I could afford to use it all of the time! *hates being broke* if ur over 30+ u need this & the eye creme in ur life! EL is lyfe. Budget ur skincare best u can go do & it will serve you well. Some DS is okay but what u can get at dept stores is exponentially much better imo esp EL or Clinique are what I'm all about.

I love this serum, it hydrates, and makes my skin smoother and brighter. It smells a bit like medicine, not unpleasant, but the scent goes away quickly. The antioxidants in this serum means it is great at taking care of your skin in the long run! This is the only serum that has given me results that I can see - Lancome, Olay, you name it, I thought the results were only so so. Obviously serums are about long term care of the skin (over years and years), but if a serum does not also make my skin smoother, brighter and more hydrated in the short term it is just not worth it.

I have tried so many other serums, and this is the winner. Why? The first and MOST IMPORTANT reason I use this serum over others is that it does not contain niacinamide. Scientific research suggests that when you put on a serum containing Niacinamide and a serum containing Vitamin C on your skin, the niacinamide will deactivate the vitamin C. As I also use a Vitamin C 15% serum along with my ANR, the last thing I need is for the vitamin C to be deactivated because I put on a niacinamide-containing serum straight after. If you read the ingredients, so many serums contain niacinamde (because it is a great ingredient!), but I would rather not risk the efficacy of my vitamin c serum. As Vit C provides antioxidants, anti wrinkle and photoprotective benefits, I would rather the vitamin C work and forgoe the niacinamide.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best serum in the World and it does make your skin look younger the day you use it. Extremly moisturising for my dry sensitive skin. But the Price is just to much.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Don't know why exactly I bought this, I did not have a gaping hole in my skin care regimen. I have normal to dry skin, no acne, scars, blemishes, etc.
I use blended oils to cleanse and moisturize, along with Retin-a for anti-aging. I use CDLM as a hydrating nighttime barrier cream. SPF every day and if a moisture boost is needed, rosewater/glycerine spray. My skin looks the best it has in years.

Added this to my routine and I've used 1.24 oz of this serum. While it's not bad at all, I just don't see that it's having any effect whatsoever. So I probably won't repurchase.
Consistency: Thick, slightly opaque. Good slip, spreads easily.
Smell: Very light, almost fruity, doesn't last at all.
Feel: Smooth and light, absorbs quickly. Not greasy and no film or residue when applied to freshly washed skin.
Hydration: Not hydrating at all, this won't replace a moisturizer.
Packaging: Good, I like a dropper. Best would be an airtight pump though.

I really don't believe in most anti-aging products. SPF and proven actives like retinoids are my true anti-aging arsenal. I like everything about this serum, it just doesn't have any visible effects after a few months use.