January 24, 2015 | 1831 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2015 12:25:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I rarely stick with a skincare product as I switch them up all the time, but I am happy to say I will be using this as my night time serum/treatment product for a good while. It is expensive... Although I have had it for over six months now and am only halfway through the smaller sized bottle. Speaking of the bottle... I really dislike the packaging and squeeze drop applicator. I don't believe it is good for the product to be in contact with light and air like this as it most likely affects the potency of the formula. The rubber squeeze top also seems to gradually wear over time and I am worried it will come loose on me.

The SA recommended I use two drops per application but I find one is sufficient, allowing longer use. The texture is a slightly gellish liquid, which isn't runny and can be spread easily over the face. It is my second step in my skincare routine after a hyaluronic acid based lotion (japanese toner) and I find they complement each other well.

The product is quite light, absorbs easily and is slightly hydrating. It claims to reduce signs of ageing, smooth and hydrate the skin as well as renew the skin overall. I'm only in my early 20's but I want to take good care of my skin so I can preserve it in order to continue looking youthful in the future (dream on me..) I do find it hard to review skincare items as I feel sometimes it comes down to the combination of products rather than a single one. However, I think this plays an important part in my routine - it feels good and I dislike when I substitute it for something else, which I do when I travel. I also believe that even though particular skin imperfections remain, my face looks better holistically in that it looks smoother, plump and better textured. I may still have certain fine lines, pores etc. but I do feel that my complexion has improved since I started use.

I would most definitely repurchase. I'm convinced it benefits my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2015 11:24:00 PM More reviews by tinatanjung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ANR saved me. 2 years ago i have a massive breakout. I never have acne before so my friends start bullying me. I tried everything and end up with nothing. Until i tried this serum, I have oily and very sensitive skin (referring to my dermatologist) but this serum never break me out. It helps healing my acne scar & pimples. I know this serum is soooo expensive but i will definitely buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

So I've used this for a few weeks now, I have to say it does great things for dark circles under eyes and really is a treat to use. Brightens face and absorbs quickly, but unfortunately it made me break out, was so sad to return it but it just did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by hennuv

This is probably one of the best Western night serums out there.

Probably good for dry to normal skin people, since it is highly concentrated, full of antioxidants and providing hydration.

Before I had oily skin and it made me have acne next day but after accutane it started to give me benefits since my skin transformed to dry/normal and i didn't break out from it anymore.

Having said that, since i am in my early 20s, so highly concentrated serums are not so good to put on my face every night so I use it 1-2 times a week. The result next day is definitely visible: skin looks smooth, pores are reduced, skin is glowing and hydrated, redness reduced.

People with mature skin can actually add 1-2 drops of this into their foundation for a glow effect and skincare benefits durring the day as well ^_^

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I read the reviews before I purchased and was well aware this was going to be expensive and will probably break my skin out. As expected, I paid $155 usd for 3.4 fl oz, and I did get acne *twice* (Had to prove it to myself. Cleared my skin from the first flare and went at it again. I know...however, some products might be worth the struggle if applied with an anti acne routine.

Then why 4 stars? Because while my cheeks and forehead did get major acne - cleared up both times, I still expected something positive to eventually happen because I have a small scar under my chin. I can't see it, but always felt it during skin care. Now I don't feel it at all. Something's going on, I say to myself. This could be major for anyone with problems of texturized skin.

Third time I put on areas I did not get acne. I'm thinking if there is any change going to happen I'd like it done 8 ways to Sunday please, so all around the perimeter of eyes and mouth - And the one eye that has slight hooded effect and smile lines have lifted subtly. Tightening of the skin?
Disclaimer, I put this on top of 14% glycolic serum (which makes everything sink in better).

For the areas I'm using this product and the amount - 1 drop total for one application, the money is well spent and I expect the bottle to last a very long time. It's only been about 4 weeks. I know my skin will love some products for a short time then suddenly end the relationship with some kind of deal breaker. So, I'll report back. I'm looking to hold here or get better. Will let you know:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by anranavy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For those of you who are looking for a cheaper replacement for ARN, I have succesfully replaced this product with Bioderma Cicabio Pommade (around 10 euro) for its healing properties and great price. Hope this helps you as much as it is helping me (same great results as ARN). For comparison I have also tried Olay Regenerist Serum fragrance free and Paula's Choice Resist Ultra Light Serum - both broke me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Lillian918

I only used for few times but it's amazing, my face became very soft and smooth. This product looks like jelly and it's very easy to be absorbed by the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by geekymakeup

This product is very expensive. I used the free sample when I was in my 20s, but with such dewy skin, it would collect in my drawer. Not that I am in my late late 30s, this is a great night time product to help moisturize. My face feels better and it does help with the redness that I have now. Never had redness in my 20s. Also I notice that if I have a dry patch on my face, overtime, this product takes care of it. During the hoildays, this product is a bundle deal and well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by saranavhai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Rosacea sufferers should avoid this serum. Although the texture is nice, smells pleasant enough and spreads easily, my skin didn't like it one bit. It because red and angry the moment I applied the serum and I could still feel the heat rushing to my cheeks as long as it stayed on my skin. So after a week of persisting (I thought it might be initial reaction, as my skin is very sensitive) I gave up. My trusted lavender oil took care of the redness it caused. Also, the serum may be too oily for combination skin, my skin broke out in big white pustules every morning when I applied it the night before.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well i bought this stuff a few months ago and finally found a purpose for it.Great on the skin after a chemical peel,as I get many.