August 29, 2014 | 1221 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Grace5673

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been eagerly wanting to try this product and when I did it was less than impressed. My setback is wrinkles as they're starting to appear more and more as I get older and whilst using this I didn't see any results I was happy with, not to mention a slight change in my skin looking or feeling firmer or tighter. Since then I've moved over to this new biocorrex product and my wrinkles are changing quite a bit, less visible and feeling softer! I'm starting to look more into products that work from inside, and this is definitely something I would look into!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Benjaminjohnson

I was always hesitant, and felt very resistant to liking this product, as it is so famous and well known around the world. But after using for a few weeks, then trying many other serums, I was drawn right back to this amazing product. -It's incredibly hydrating -oil free/ultra light texture. -fragrance free/ gentle -absorbs instantly. -antioxidant rich. -locks in moisture -basically no nasty dangerous ingredients. -lost of anti irritants. Will never stop using this !!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by idlejo

So disappointed with this product. Had been wanting to try this for ages but had been out off by the huge price tag. Eventually took the plunge and have to say that I'm pretty underwhelmed. I have been using the product for 5 months now (as I foolishly opted to purchase the larger size). No negative side effects or reactions but I honestly cannot see any difference to my skin whatsoever, certainly doesn't feel in any way improved. Feel I get similar if not better results with far less expensive products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've 32 years old and people are always mistaking my age for the early to mid 20s. I definitely inherited some great youthful genes from both my parents but I'd like to think that ANR is also partly responsible for that.

I've been using ANR for the past 4 years and have been addicted ever since I noticed some of my scarring disappeared using this. It's gotten to the point where I'm petrified of using another serum besides ANR. Sadly whenever I have strayed I've come back to this because other serums appear gimmicky or I hate how they feel- all silicone-y and full of rubbish like alcohol. I love the texture of the ANR fluid and the results that go wtih it. I was sceptical when I heard that that the ANR version I was using had been replaced by a second version. So far my skin has reacted just as positively to the new version as it did to the old. My skins texture appears wrinkle/line-free, fine and glowy, and my pores which were previously enlarged during my early 20s can barely be seen. My skin is also more moisturised. Estee Lauder is known for its cutting-edge ingredients. Now I'm not a scientist so I can't say that I am happy that they removed the retinol but if this serum still works, they've hopefully replaced it with some quality ingredients which work just as well.

The only things that bother me are the price and packaging. For all its savviness, when is EL goin to learn that all their products need to be in tubes and pump bottles?? I just hope their "improved" formula is not a gimmick to cut production costs and boost profits as the price of ANR has really sky-rocketed in my country since I first purchased it (from the equivalent of around USD65 4 years ago to USD89 as at today). I live on the African continent and would love to know if other women around the world have experienced the same pricing issues with the EL ANR serum year after year. That said its doubtful if I will ever leave this product, in case I get a wrinkle! I would need to find a serum that does for me what ANR has always done.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by makeupjie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Now I am on my fourth bottle of this ANR facial serum. What I experienced along the way is soothing and recovering ability of this product! But you have to be patience for the result! It won't cause me break out. Moreover, it helps healing my acne scars and pimples in a subtle but effective way! It is worth the investment!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by BahattA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE IT.
I use this right before I go to bed at night and it makes my skin feel so peaceful and even which is not easy! I have oily skin that has a lot of pink areas with no visible reason. This litle guy makes my skin feel and look simply amazing.
I got the little sample bottle as a gift when i bought a few other products from the brand and accept for the fact that the amount is tiny, I just love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by nini68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just wished I never gave my money for this. After just 3-4 days of use I got lot of whiteheads on my cheeks and it took few weeks before they disapeared. It also made my skin dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I remember when the original Night Repair came out in the late '70s to early '80s (I'm thinking '79 or '80 if my memory serves me.) I know people who have used it for almost that long (can you imagine the money spent?) Their skin is nothing to rave about and at least one has already had a needed face lift. Todays version may have anti-oxidents, but there is nothing particularly effective about the formula. The ingredient list is simplistic at most. You would be better served by a product which has Retinol or stabalized Vitamin C or both and these ACTIVE ingedients (there's nothing Active in or about ANR) will show as results on your skin in 2 weeks and even tone, fade sun spots and reduce lines and wrinkles remarkably by 4 weeks. This product will never accomplish any of these no matter how long you use it. The Lauder owned companies of Prescriptives and Clinique each have their own version of this. Prescriptives Line Preventor has been around almost as long. The cost is as ridiculous as the claims. I'll put Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Retinol, Stabalized Vitamin C and the newest Peptide ingredients up against this nonsensical product anytime regardless of Lauder's claim of patents and the like. As a matter of fact there is nothing particularly effective about any of Lauder's, Perscriptive's or Clinique's endless supply of lotion, potions and creams offered unless you count hydration/moisturization which there are 1000's by 1000's of differnt companies. If any one of them were truely effective as an anti-ager, why would there be a need for the 100's of varied products these 3 companies offer? The Beauty Industrial Compex indeed.

27 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by misspanlilio

i looooove this serum! i apply it on clean skin twice a day -- in the mornings under my makeup and at night before going to bed. about 3-4 drops for my whole face. after a couple of days of use, my husband noticed immediately that my skin is softer and looks finer.

after 2 weeks of use, my skin feels more hydrated and is softer. my makeup goes on smoothly and my skin is somewhat tighter. although i don't have visible wrinkles yet, prevention is key :) i would buy this product again even though it's pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Sea80s

This is my Holy Grail - I've been using this for over 9 years, in all its various incarnations. It sounds ridiculous but it does repair - when I've been hit with sunburn this stuff turns it around, heals it and then some how I don't grow another load of fine lines. It's basically keeping me from ageing as fast as perhaps someone else would who doesn't use it, does that make sense ?

Also, I used to use the ANR Booster - gah, when I read it had been discontinued I went mental (yes, they had this miracle Booster serum that was 5x more concentrated). I'd run out of that and my normal ANR and when I went to Lauder in Boots, they told me this new Complex II was replacing the Concentrate (as well as the old ANR). I was VERY VERY VERY sceptical... I've been down this road before with products that worked and when they changed the ingredients, they stopped working.

Thankfully, this new Complex II is brilliant - it's spookily similar to the Concentrate in terms of the smell, so maybe it is ..? I don't know.

I did do and experiment where I stopped using ANR for 2 weeks - the results were scary. I looked grey, dull and random spots started to appear. Also, a wrinkle on my upper nose suddenly started to look deeper - horrified wasn't the word. After 2 weeks back into the routine, I managed to get my skin back on track. To be honest, I have no idea what's in this product, but it seems to just work.

Anyone who likes the science of products needs to ask the sales assistant for the actual test results chart that was carried out on over 200 women (yes, that's more than the usual 24) - it is quite astounding. I am a bit of a techno freak !

For the reviewers who say the don't see results, I'd like to suggest you wash your face with either a Clarisonic, or you use the muslim cloth technique from Liz Earle. If you don't exfoliate those DEAD skin cells off, how can you expect any quality product to reach the skin cells ?

I apologise for sounding like I am doing a sale pitch and raving on like a looney - but I truly believe in this product, it's about as close to the fountain of youth as I feel I can get using cosmetics.

TIP: Use this on the backs of your hands every night and seal in with your moisturiser - I guarantee you'll have less brown spots appearing, if any at all if you start in your 20's.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No