Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

3.5

Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU [] BIFIDA FERMENT LYSATE [] METHYL GLUCETH-20 [] PEG-75 [] BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] PROPANEDIOL [] COLA ACUMINATA (KOLA) SEED EXTRACT [] HYDROLYZED ALGIN [] PANTETHINE [] CAFFEINE [] LECITHIN [] TRIPEPTIDE-32 [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] SODIUM RNA [] BISABOLOL [] GLYCERETH-26 [] SQUALANE [] SODIUM HYALURONATE [] OLETH-3 PHOSPHATE [] CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [] LACTOBACILLUS FERMENT [] OLETH-3 [] OLETH-5 [] ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE) [] YEAST EXTRACT\FAEX\EXTRAIT DE LEVURE [] CHOLETH-24 [] HYDROGENATED LECITHIN [] CETETH-24 [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE [] HEXYLENE GLYCOL [] CARBOMER [] TRIETHANOLAMINE [] TRISODIUM EDTA [] BHT [] XANTHAN GUM [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] RED 4 (CI 14700) [] YELLOW 5 (CI 19140)

The cult classic. Whenever any mentions or reads about Estee Lauder skin care the first thing that comes to mind is the Advanced Night Repair Serum II. This new version of the repair serum replaces the old Repair serum and also replaces the Recovering Boosting treatment.

Which is a shame as I really enjoyed using the Recovery Boosting Treatment as you were meant to use it only ever so a few months to restore skin etc or when you had too much sun, recovering from peels, laser etc.

Anyhow this is a nice fragrance free serum with a texture that might feel sticky for some, but for me sinks right in without feeling heavy at all. You do not just have to use this at night only, it can be worn day and night under your serum, and ofcourse before moisturizer/sunblock.

Recommend it to sensitive skin as it has some soothing anti-inflammatory agents.
I will not be purchasing again as I have found a perfect dupe for this product.

It is by Missha and is called Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule. That serum comes in the same dropper bottle, looks luxurious and comes in 50ml size only! To beat EL again, the price is a fraction of the cost and the ingredient listing for this fragrance free serum by Missha actually contains more ingredients in the formula than the one by EL.

Check it out. Having said that it's not that I wont EL Night repair serum again, I will just stick to getting samples of it, with gift with purchase etc or from friends. :P

on 2/15/2015 11:15:00 PM

Wow! I read a few mixed reviews about this, but I was searching for something to replace my rosehip oil and wanted to try a serum. I was lucky enough to buy this when there was a gift with purchase promotion, and received a toner, eye gel and spf moisturiser - what a clever little trick that is too! I love all the free small samples and they were big enough to last a while to get me well and truly hooked on - now I need to buy them all!! haha Good one Estee Lauder!

Back to this. I surprisingly love it. I don't think it's possible to live up to all the claims it makes, but I won't hold EL to that. What it does do though is provide extra hydration, reduce redness, provide a 'fresh' healthy looking face and make my skin comfortable.

This is expensive for what it does (and doesn't do) but I think it's worth it, especially as I start nudging closer to 40! I've been using it morning and night, as I don't think it's super heavy like most PM products. It's a great base under makeup and makes my skin feel really comfortable and fresh looking - like I'm one of those people that exercises regularly, drinks lots of water and eats healthy food (which I'm not 100% of the time). That makes this product worth it though. My eyes look brighter and I feel more confident in myself. Who would have thought a face product could do that, but there you go!

I like the dropper application, and the strange smell that instantly disappears. I love that it sinks in immediately and still allows my skin to breathe.

I would really like to repurchase when this runs out, but I'll look into the larger size and see what's more economical. I really can't think of anyone who wouldn't like this product - if only it wasn't so expensive :(

on 2/11/2015 5:23:00 PM

This serum is over hyped and over priced. The consistency is sticky. There are cheaper serums that work even better. All this did was make my face turn red and irritated. Where I had slightly dry patches it made it turn red,sting and become more dry/rough scaly. Then it caused breakouts. My face ended up red, dry, scaly and tiny bumps/large acne. My cheeks were super red raw. When I stopped using this the breakouts were hard to get rid of since acne products tend to dry out the skin even more. I gave it to my mother she does not have sensitive skin. She said it just made her face feel softer, but when her face is more dry or has any dry patches it would make the area more dry/rough, flaky and slightly red. This serum does contain some great ingredients but the added chemical and irritants make it the worse. It has squalane which is a derived from olive oil. Sodium hyluronate which is supposed to be a moisturizer binder. Tocopheryl Acetate- Vitamin E, Chamomile-calming redness and irritated skin ect... you can find these ingredient in natural products without the chemical/irritants.

on 2/9/2015 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My skin looked wrinkled after about 15 minutes. At first it felt very moisturizing and then I got an uncomfortable feeling and tightness. I ignored it since I applied it for the first time and thought I would get accustomed to it. It eventually got so bad I had to wash it off. I started again the next night with different face wash and it happened again. This may sound ridiculous but I returned it and because I wanted to love this so much I bought it again but the same thing happened. Try a sample first from Sephora, because so many people love it and honestly...it's one of the worst skin care products I've ever tried. to make this even more annoying...I use to use the old formula for over 10 years and it made my skin amazing. I sure wish they sold both formulas, so we could choose. Do you ever wonder that when you pay one hundred dollars for a product for years and years that they would put a pump on it??

I love this serum. It seems like the perfect night treatment for skin. It is light, absorbs well and rapidly, doesn't clog or irritate my skin, and leaves me hydrated, renewed, and clarified. It really helps renew and restore my skin, healing any blemishes and irregularities super rapidly. This serum works miracles truly. I would highly recommend staple to anyone, despite ther skin type or conditon.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I received a free sample of this and tried it for about 4 days.
The packaging was decent, with a dropper to control the amount of product you want. Which is always nice.
The serum was a golden color, fairly thin in consistency. But for some reason, a bit difficult to spread evenly on my face.
I used this every night for 4 days. I didn't see any improvement on my skin at all. I realize 4 days isn't very long, but for a product like this at least some changes should have occurred.
Since it did nothing for me and it's really expensive I will not purchase this ever. I do not recommend it either, there are better things for less money.

on 2/7/2015 12:58:00 PM

Needing a serum for my 30's I invested in this product hoping to use it as an antiageing product and to give my skin some oomph before bed. I am a little confused with this as lots of reviews and directions say to use with under a moisturiser at night. Having combination and acne prone skin I was reluctant to use so much product at night.
LIKES: good packaging, easy to use, easily absorbed and non irritating
DISLIKES: not sure what its doing for my skin. I have seen no change.
Would not buy again as this is $165 in australia (duty free!) and cannot justify price for the results.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

When I first used this, it felt soothing on my skin and added a boost of hydration. However, after a week of use, it made my face feel sticky and no longer felt hydrating, so I relegated the bottle to the back of the cabinet.

A month or two later, decided to give ANR another try, and the same outcome occurred as above. Worked well for a week, and then it made my face feel sticky and no longer felt hydrating. Relegated the bottle to the back of the cabinet, retrieved it later to try again......same story, different month.

ANR and I weren't meant to be.

on 1/24/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I rarely stick with a skincare product as I switch them up all the time, but I am happy to say I will be using this as my night time serum/treatment product for a good while. It is expensive... Although I have had it for over six months now and am only halfway through the smaller sized bottle. Speaking of the bottle... I really dislike the packaging and squeeze drop applicator. I don't believe it is good for the product to be in contact with light and air like this as it most likely affects the potency of the formula. The rubber squeeze top also seems to gradually wear over time and I am worried it will come loose on me.

The SA recommended I use two drops per application but I find one is sufficient, allowing longer use. The texture is a slightly gellish liquid, which isn't runny and can be spread easily over the face. It is my second step in my skincare routine after a hyaluronic acid based lotion (japanese toner) and I find they complement each other well.

The product is quite light, absorbs easily and is slightly hydrating. It claims to reduce signs of ageing, smooth and hydrate the skin as well as renew the skin overall. I'm only in my early 20's but I want to take good care of my skin so I can preserve it in order to continue looking youthful in the future (dream on me..) I do find it hard to review skincare items as I feel sometimes it comes down to the combination of products rather than a single one. However, I think this plays an important part in my routine - it feels good and I dislike when I substitute it for something else, which I do when I travel. I also believe that even though particular skin imperfections remain, my face looks better holistically in that it looks smoother, plump and better textured. I may still have certain fine lines, pores etc. but I do feel that my complexion has improved since I started use.

I would most definitely repurchase. I'm convinced it benefits my skin.

on 1/20/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

ANR saved me. 2 years ago i have a massive breakout. I never have acne before so my friends start bullying me. I tried everything and end up with nothing. Until i tried this serum, I have oily and very sensitive skin (referring to my dermatologist) but this serum never break me out. It helps healing my acne scar & pimples. I know this serum is soooo expensive but i will definitely buying again.

Popular Treatments (Face)