December 21, 2014 | 1879 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I read the reviews before I purchased and was well aware this was going to be expensive and will probably break my skin out. As expected, I paid $155 usd for 3.4 fl oz, and I did get acne *twice* (Had to prove it to myself. Cleared my skin from the first flare and went at it again. I know...however, some products might be worth the struggle if applied with an anti acne routine.

Then why 4 stars? Because while my cheeks and forehead did get major acne - cleared up both times, I still expected something positive to eventually happen because I have a small scar under my chin. I can't see it, but always felt it during skin care. Now I don't feel it at all. Something's going on, I say to myself. This could be major for anyone with problems of texturized skin.

Third time I put on areas I did not get acne. I'm thinking if there is any change going to happen I'd like it done 8 ways to Sunday please, so all around the perimeter of eyes and mouth - And the one eye that has slight hooded effect and smile lines have lifted subtly. Tightening of the skin?
Disclaimer, I put this on top of 14% glycolic serum (which makes everything sink in better).

For the areas I'm using this product and the amount - 1 drop total for one application, the money is well spent and I expect the bottle to last a very long time. It's only been about 4 weeks. I know my skin will love some products for a short time then suddenly end the relationship with some kind of deal breaker. So, I'll report back. I'm looking to hold here or get better. Will let you know:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by anranavy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For those of you who are looking for a cheaper replacement for ARN, I have succesfully replaced this product with Bioderma Cicabio Pommade (around 10 euro) for its healing properties and great price. Hope this helps you as much as it is helping me (same great results as ARN). For comparison I have also tried Olay Regenerist Serum fragrance free and Paula's Choice Resist Ultra Light Serum - both broke me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Lillian918

I only used for few times but it's amazing, my face became very soft and smooth. This product looks like jelly and it's very easy to be absorbed by the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by geekymakeup

This product is very expensive. I used the free sample when I was in my 20s, but with such dewy skin, it would collect in my drawer. Not that I am in my late late 30s, this is a great night time product to help moisturize. My face feels better and it does help with the redness that I have now. Never had redness in my 20s. Also I notice that if I have a dry patch on my face, overtime, this product takes care of it. During the hoildays, this product is a bundle deal and well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2014 5:51:00 AM More reviews by saranavhai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Rosacea sufferers should avoid this serum. Although the texture is nice, smells pleasant enough and spreads easily, my skin didn't like it one bit. It because red and angry the moment I applied the serum and I could still feel the heat rushing to my cheeks as long as it stayed on my skin. So after a week of persisting (I thought it might be initial reaction, as my skin is very sensitive) I gave up. My trusted lavender oil took care of the redness it caused. Also, the serum may be too oily for combination skin, my skin broke out in big white pustules every morning when I applied it the night before.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well i bought this stuff a few months ago and finally found a purpose for it.Great on the skin after a chemical peel,as I get many.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Valdez100

I have got through two bottles of this stuff and I'm at the point now where I am done with it.

My skin is slightly on the dry side with annoyingly large pores. I have patches of redness around my nose, struggle with blackheads and have occasional break outs.

This stuff costs a lot but for me it did help. Within about a week my skin looked healthier and my skin tone was much more even. I would even go so far to say that my pores were a little smaller.

Unlike many I also never had a reaction to this product and never had breakouts because of it. If anything my skin became a little clearer than usual.

What will stop me from buying it again? Mostly the price. For what it does I don't think it is worth it. Since I stopped using this product and switched over to a couple of different ones, I've found they make more of a difference for roughly the same price.

Also I don't know if others have found this but it seems like as you get to the end of bottle, it seems less effective. This could do with exposure since it is not the most hygienic way to use a product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont know why I keep going back to the estee Lauder Counter as everything I seem to purchase is a fail. I purchased a foundation (another bad review) and received a gift with
purchase sample of a few items one being this treatment. I have always scoffed at the reviews that state I broke out in acne all over my face as it seemed ridiculous to me. WELL IT HAPPENED TO ME. MY FACE AFTER USING THIS TWICE IS COMPLETLEY BROKEN OUT. WHEN I SAY COMPLETLEY IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A SEVERE ACNE PROBLEM. jI realize this might be a reaction to my skin but oh my god i dont even want to leave the house. I think I am now done with anything ester.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I sadly purchased this twice. Once in my 20's and again as I started my 30's. It literally does nothing for me. Not. A. Single. Thing. I'm not even sure what I expected it do it. I went through two large bottles. It doesn't break me out. It does feel nice. I just had absolutely no change in my skin texture or appearance. I use it on my neck and chest now. I will probably fall prey to stupidity in five more years and try again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of these products that when I'm finished with I wonder 'Why do I even bother with the cosmetics industry?!'

I have splurged out on a 50 ml bottle of this serum (I used one 50 ml bottle of it years ago when I was in my 20s and it used to be in a glass packaging but I'll come back to the packaging later) at a duty free before my holidays in the South of France in July. I knew I will be in the sun a lot (it is bloody South of France n'est-ce pas?) and despite the religious application of sunscreen, I wanted to minimise any potential damage. Plus one of my favourite French bloggers Helene from Mon Blog de Fille was raving about it so I decided to give it a go there and then.

So here we are, in the mid October and almost at the end of the bottle (I maybe have a week or two of application of it ahead of me so at least it lasted quite a bit despite twice a day use) ready to review it.

Unfortunately it is a total disappointment.

Helene was showing the sun spot on her hand diminishing just after a month of using this serum. Well, I do not have any new sun spots (use sunscreen people, it was invented for a reason) but the ones I have and some remnants of normal spots have not diminished one bit. Like I was applying clear water - no result whatsoever. I have not noticed any difference in the condition of my skin during a week when I was away and did not feel like carrying such a big bottle of the serum. It was/is still supple (I love sodium hyaluronate in my products), I have the same size of pores, same sun spots on my forehead, same couple of red marks after a spot on my chin and exactly the same wrinkle forming between my eyebrows.

Now another of my favourite bloggers, beautiful Bubbly Michelle (and she has the most amazing skin!) is raving about another bifida ferment product (Lancome's Genifique serum) used in conjunction with a LR2412 containing serum (Lancome's Visionnaire) so I have decided to give this one more go, pairing it for the remaining period of time with La Roche Posay's Substiane serum (that I bought during said South of France holidays) that has exactly the same ingredient as Visionnaire. So far after a week I have not seen any major changes but at least Estee Lauder's serum does not have any alcohol in it (both Lancomes reek with alcohol and Substiane does too!). And it need using up. Half a dropper is enough for my face in the morning, the whole dropper is enough for my face, neck and top of my chest (I use it there in the evenings) and maybe a bit for the tops of my hands.

It is such a staple in the beauty industry yet I remain entirely underwhelmed by it. I used to have a bottle of it in my mid 20s and my memory of the product was exactly the same. Then I was hoping that it would manage maintain the youth (hahaha!) of my skin for the future with the antioxidants (I was using it under spf 50+ sunscreen which I still wear every day). The only problem is that this silly dropper packaging truly sucks - the antioxidants are gone after first several openings of the bottle! I have no idea why EL decided to keep this packaging after upgrading the formula (or so called 'upgrading', the product feels and acts exactly the same…).

So let's mention the packaging because it is a big gripe of mine here. Medicinal-like looking and allowing you to just use a carefully measured out dose of several drops of this precious elixir. All good, but not very hygienic and not very good for antioxidants in the product. I sincerely worry that after several months of constant opening and closing of the bottle there aren't any left?! Also the new bottle of an 'improved' version of this is made of cheap plastic and it is not mentioned anywhere on the packaging if the plastic they used contains or does not contain Bisphenol A!

Do not fall for the beauty editors recommendations of this product. It is expensive, useless and if you do use it - very very disappointing.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No