July 28, 2014 | 1237 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Les 4 Ombres - 74 Nymphea Quad

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by w35p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My absolute favorite eyeshadow palette. Applies beautifully and truly lasts all day. It's sophiticated, but has enough shimmer to keep things interesting and fun. I was scared that the peach color was far too orange for my NC20ish skin, but to my suprise, it looks amazing, and I've recieved many compliments on the color. The dark brown is also beautiful and deep, one of the best browns I've ever used. I find that I don't really use the green color as much, mostly because I honestly don't really know what to do with it. It is a lovely color, but I just can't find a use for it, which is annoying, since that green alone is probably worth around $15.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jas22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Iíve had this quad forever and every time I pull it out to use it I remember just how lovely it is. I am NC15-ish with auburn hair and brown eyes and find the colors pigmented enough to create very pretty daytime looks. These shadows arenít going to work for anyone with dark skin or looking for dramatic color payoff. The color descriptions in the previous reviews are accurate: a beautiful bone-colored beige, a peach/pink, a pale green and a mid-tone brown. I like to swipe the bone all over my lid and brow bone, use the peach/pink (which reads more pink on me) on my lids and use the brown in the crease. All shades have dimension to them without being too powdery, shimmery, sparkly or glittery.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by auburngreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My makeup artist used this quad on me for my wedding. I loved the look and purchased it, thinking it would be reserved for special occasions. Nope, I use it all the time! I use the pink as a wash, the brown on the crease and v, and the green on over the iris part of my lid. It's great for during the work-week; in fact, I rarely use it for special occasions after all because it's so clean and understated rather than dramatic. Pigmentation and texture are both fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by LadyNicc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dont care for the green or pinkish color. The dark brown is absolutely AMAZING. Best eyeshadow Ive ever tried, hands down. So soft, easy to blend with the perfect amount of shimmer and the look is amazing for a brown smokey eye. Has great lasting power.

The downside? The eyeshadows are very hard and compacted so I find I need to really dig and use a lot to get a decent amount of shadow. Also.. $80 for a palette? I only like ONE color.. I wish they sold these individually and didnt force you to buy the entire thing. $80 is a bit steep for only needing one color. Plus they are discontinuing if not already.. this is a sad day for me.. Im almost out. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by brielle87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these shadows beyond belief and am so sorry they are being discontinued.
I will state though, having read some of the other comments, they work best on someone with dark hair, dark eyes and very pale skin.
This is my coloring so I can say honestly that this palette makes my eyes just "POP"; I usually do a light eye with a deeper lip and have found the green really adds a nice glint to the lid.
Now as for those who prefer Dior to Chanel, I worked for Christian Dior Cosmetics in the past and loved their shadows, but Chanel shadows are just as lovely. Dior used to also do sheer textured shadows, but stopped those many years back.
If you are looking for a shadow palette that has intense color, this will not work for you. All the colors in this palette are sheer, pearly and meant to be layered and blended. A sort of Impressionistic approach to shadow, so to speak.
When I used to think of doing a make-up on someone for their wedding day, this was always a go to palette, with an eye-shadow base used first though.
Actually for anyone who wants more oomph out of this palette, definitely use a shadow base first, it makes a world of difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ayuwibisono

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First weeks after I'd bought Le 4 Ombres in Nymphea, I feel little disappointed. The color too sheer even I always wear eye shadow base (Christian Dior Nude).
After I tried Lisa Eldridge's make up lesson about natural make up (watch it, it's really working), I love this eyeshadow !
You can count on Chanel to make a woman looks beautiful in a subtle and understated way.
The pink contains subtle golden sparkle that make eyes look bright. The green is quite sheer but very pretty.
Nymphea is definitely everyday eyeshadow, it's not for smokey eyes or something bold.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went to the beauty counter and the SA insisted to do my make-up, she had some products she was sure I would love. On some of them she was right but this one was really a disappointment.
As anybody can see the colours are gorgeous, she used them all on me and they looked really great. Once at home I tried applying them with water as the colour would come better out, it created a hard shell on the shadows, I never used it with water again. Now i use them dry on primer and they never last 1 working day. I look great when i leave home and the first few hours that I'm at work but at noon when I check my makeup you can barely distinguish the colours and if I don't touch up you don't see anything once I get home.
I find it really sad as they are gorgeous and quite expensive, I paid almoste 50 Ä for them so I expected some better quality and especially from chanel.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by limwc

This is my first eyeshadow from Chanel. Being an avid lover of MAC, I find that the Chanel quad lacks oomph. Pigments are not dense and do not last. I wouldn't buy them again although I fell in love with the pinkish cream, peachy pink and green!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by audmac

I swapped for the european version of this quad which has the much smaller round e/s. I like the colors- great for a spring eye look. Color payoff is not too great on the 3 lighter shades so I have to load up on the primer potion and pack this on. But the colors are pretty - especially love the melon color- totally reminds me of MAC melon pigment, and the green is nice as highlighter and over the brown to lighten it up a bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by me12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hmm....i think you could spend the money on better things. The colours are nice, but none of the product seems to come off of the blocks, they're like little rocks. Not the smooth, rich consistency you would expect from Chanel. at least you can't really use them up quickly. I like the colours, although they seem to blend together into a sort of grey colour. nevertheless, they make my eyes kinda 'pop', but i think there are better products out there. Not bad, but not really worth the money.