September 30, 2014 | 1018 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Moisture Renew - To Nude or Not To Nude

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The name of this lipstick doesn't really suit the shade. There's nothing nude about it. I did buy it based on the name though oddly enough. I've just been so disappointed in buying so called "nude" lipsticks that look good in the tube but don't translate well on my lips. And even though I've yet to find my hg nude shade, purchasing this was no mistake. It's a really beautiful color. A mix of taupe, plum, and rose. It's hard to describe. I don't find it frosty more like a satin finish. And the formula is amazing too. Very moisturizing. I know the moisture renew line is being reformulated but I hope they don't change it too much or axe it. This is about $5 or $6 but because the line is changing, it appears a lot of places are selling these at a discounted price to make room for the new ones.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this for about $8 at CVS. This is a frosty rosy brown color on me. It makes me look dated. It reminds me of the 90s, chola look- frosty lipstick with a thick lipliner on the lips. This is a very moisturizing lipstick but I really hate the silvery frost. Needless to say I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I found this new Rimmel To Nude or Not to Nude? lippie at Walgreen's, and it happened to be the last one. It looks so pretty in the tube, nudish pink but not too nude; nudes on me = yuk. It's really creamy and moisturizing, there are no glittery bits, it doesn't have a strong smell, or at least I don't detect any scent. The color is a very nice every day, MLBB color for work or just to keep in your MU bag to quickly apply on the go. I wore this for about 6 hours and touched it up twice because I tend to have dryish lips, but overall it stayed on well and looked nice. Also, after wearing it for a few hours I realized what it's a dupe for...wait for it...Lancome Vintage Rose, no lie. Same silverish/bluish undertone/sheen that brightens your teeth. I have both and this looks exactly the same on me, without the strong Lancome lipstick scent and the $28+ price tag. I hope it becomes permanent in the line.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by AlisiaL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a new shade from Rimmel's Moisture Renew line of lipsticks as part of their fall collection of pinks, berries, nudes. I am not sure this shade, "To Nude or Not to Nude" or the others will be part of their regular line of moisture renew shades, I guess only time will tell.

Anyway to the review part. So this shade is sort of a nude/pink with a hint of brown, slightly shimmery but not frosty lipstick. It is the exact same formulation as the other moisture renew lipsticks, including that specific scent that comes along with every application. For those who hate the moisture renew lipstick scent...I am sorry. The scent doesn't bother me however, and I find the color is complementary with my olive/warm complexion, mind you I pale out during the winter so I am not sure if this shade will work on me for winter. But for summer/fall I really like the finish and slight hint of color (not a true nude) for when I want to put the attention on my eyes. I have a hard time with nude lipsticks because though they don't wash me out, they sort of blend in with my natural lip color, I guess that is whole point of a nude lipstick.

The price was $8.50 at Walgreen's, a bit pricey IMO but they were having a special buy one get one at 50% off, which wasn't too bad. With that deal I had to pick up a second shade, which will be reviewed later. The packaging is exactly the same purple chrome squarish tube with the crown on top. Overall, I would repurchase if this shade becomes part of Rimmel's regular line of Moisture Renew lipsticks. And for right now Walgreen's is the only place where the new fall shades can be found.