Burt's Bees Sensitive Eye Cream

2.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water, eau), cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, glycerin, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, CI 77947 (zinc oxide), alcohol denat., kaolin, coco-glucoside, gossypium herbaceum (cotton) flower extract, oryza sativa (rice) extract, beta vulgaris (beet, extrait de racine de betterave) root extract, artemisia umbelliformis extract, euphrasia officinalis extract, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane, extrait de canne à sucre) extract, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, chondrus crispus (carrageenan), ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, sucrose, fructose, glucose, inositol, citric acid, benzoic acid, lactic acid, trehalose, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, sodium PCA, phenoxyethanol

on 2/3/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got this product as a sample. It smells nice and is quite light - I don't have sensitive eyes but in terms of helping with dark circles it did not do much.

I would not purchase this but someone with sensitive eyes might like it.

on 12/29/2014 7:45:00 AM

It didn't do much for my fine lines or general appearance, 3 months into trying it, it also started to clog pores around my eyes and I was getting those weird white bumps (not zits) around my brows and the under eye where it is thinner skinned. I only use it after my facials now because it's just not suited for my daily use.

on 9/5/2014 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ouch- burns... not moisturizing at all on me. Going back to Beeswax & Royal Jelly Eye Cream, and would have bought it if it were in stock; instead of waiting, I decided to try the Sensitive Eye Cream instead and wasted $18. Sigh.

on 4/5/2014 11:08:00 PM

Im 20 and wanted to find a gentle eye creme as part of a prevention method and to keep the area hydrated. This eye cream although its the sensitive formula was much too harsh.

on 10/30/2013 2:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm 29, so I don't have wrinkles but do have undereye circles which are hereditary, but made worse by stress. I don't expect anything to significantly reduce them, so I use a good concealer everyday (mostly Estée Lauder Double Wear). I did notice that the skin under my eyes was starting to get a little dry, and wanted to take better care of this delicate area, as I felt I had been neglecting to do so. And apparently, that can help with premature aging- though other lifestyle related factors are important as well. So, I thought it was high time to start using an eye cream.

I was wary of using anything fragranced or heavy- I really just wanted a light but moisturizing eye cream for daily use. I am so glad I came across this. Though I should mention packaging is annoying-- it was SO difficult to get any to squeeze out of the tube, and it basically exploded all over my shirt when I finally managed to get any out. I quickly scraped most of it into an empty sample sized eye cream container I had from Nordstrom, so thankfully not much was wasted. Next time, I might cut the tip a little, or use a pin or something to help get it out the first time. But anyway, I really like this eye cream, so packaging will not deter me from repurchasing. The product itself is light but moisturizing, and non-irritating, which I love. The fragrance is very light and unoffensive too. It's a basic, no-frills eye cream that I use morning and night. I avoid overly fragrant, harsh beauty products, and mainly use more gentle and mostly natural products instead. So I am glad to have found an eye cream that is both. I'd definitely repurchase.

on 7/28/2013 9:33:00 PM

For reference, I'm 25, and don't have a lot of wrinkles to speak of (other than the under-eye lines that I've had since I was in gradeschool! lol really genetics?). I do however have some nice dark circles, which I'd really be happy to be rid of.

This eye cream doesn't do much for me. It's not bad, but it's not spectacular either. I don't notice a difference- honestly, I don't think it does anything other than moisturize, which it seems to do well (I think). It hasn't done anything at all for my dark circles or those pesky little red lines at the outside of my eyes.

The thing that keeps me from rating this higher is the packaging. Yes really. It sucks. It's hygenic, which is great, but it has this weird applicator top that makes it difficult to dispense the product. In fact, the first time you use it, you have to squeeze it for almost a minute before anything comes out!!! After that, it's OK, but still not great. I would much rather this be in a small-tipped tube like Tarte's 360 primer or Almay's smartshade concealer. That stupid applicator top makes me really question whether or not I would buy it again. I said 'yes'- I WOULD buy it again, but I plan on trying something else first.

If I accidentally get it in my eyes, it DOES sting, but only temporarily.

EDIT: I just looked in the mirror, and I DO have fewer fine lines than I remember, but I can't say if a) I'm just remembering wrong b) it's because I'm better hydrated lately or c) it's because of this eye cream.