March 2, 2015 | 1977 users online

Foundations - Almay - Smart Shade CC Cream Complexion Corrector

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2015 8:42:00 PM More reviews by RM83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Searching for the best BB/CC cream for skin I stumbled across this product. I've tried several other BB creams but no CC's. This cream is too heavy/oily for my skin. The coverage is decent, but after application, my skin feels oily and it's only a matter of time before the shine comes. It's not a bad product but it personally doesn't work well on my skin. On to the next one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2015 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Meneither

I bought this because Paula Begoun rated it "BEST" on her Beautypedia, and I was impressed with its SPF (35). While I agree with Paula that this offers reasonably enduring, light weight coverage with a very dewy finish, Smart Shade doesn't rate the highest grade in my book. Here is why:

-Light shade is just a tad dark for my light olive skin. It blends beautifully with my chin which is the darkest part of my face, but the effect on the rest of my skin dulling. I prefer my foundation to be slightly brightening, so I can choose to apply it lightly on my T-zone, under eyes and chin only on days I have no blemishes to hide.

-Sunscreen actives in this CC hardly provide any UVA protection.

-The dewy finish turns positively greasy when layered over sunscreen/moisturizer (I was using Olay 7 in 1 Complete SPF 30).

That being said, it's nowhere near unusable. I just think there are more flattering options out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2015 5:13:00 PM More reviews by emilyc1234

This cc cream stays on all day, and covers up my acne scars and other blemishes such as under eye circles and discoloration. I will definetly buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 3:06:00 PM More reviews by OliviaLeaf

I bought this CC cream primarily because it was on sale and I was dying for a change from my previous favorite BB cream which had grown to become oily on me. I am super impressed with the coverage, colour correction, and light weight fell! I will be buying this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2015 12:38:00 AM More reviews by bluefox13

I bought this because I have red undertones that I can't stand. I thought the CC cream would help cover that. Instead, it is super sheer and oily. I don't really see any difference when I put it on, I just feel like I'm rubbing an oily product on my skin. I also break out a lot, and this cream definitely doesn't help! Based on other reviews, it sounds like this is a good problem for people with dry, clear skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lalalowie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So it's currently winter and my skin is combo though it's been drier lately due to the cold. I've been going outdoors a bunch and figured that I should be wearing some form of sun screen because I've been left with acne scars all over my cheeks from when I was younger. Whilst Christmas shopping at Target I wanted to try something new so I picked this up.

I got this in 200 light medium and it mixed quite well on my face when applying (I used my fingers btw) and was not sticky to the touch. I did moisturize before applying and afterwards I set it with Rimmel Stay Matte because it was a bit greasy looking. It lasted a good 7 hours until I had to blot with blotting sheets, but that's a given.

Overall the staying power was good (when set with a powder), SPF of 35 for the win, color match was excellent, texture was nice and it didn't cake up, sheer to light coverage and did its job. Hasn't broken me out either which is a big thumbs up, thank you Almay :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

This made my nc20/30 (depends on the season) skin pinky orange. I tried the light which was too light and pink (as expected) and then the light/medium which made me orange. Both made my combo skin oily and faded within 4/6 hrs. All in all, I wanted this product to work for me. I even tried different face powder to no avail. This product is definitely for normal to dry skin with pink under tones. Dang! Almay tlc foundation is amazing tho!!!!!! Try that!!! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Evablue87

I bought this at priceline in Australia because It was written as one of the best foundations on Paula's choice website. However, the ingredient of the USA Almay cc cream and Aus version is different. Therefore, I am not sure whether this is as good as the original cc cream, but I am writing about Aus version of Almay CC cream spf 25 light/medium.

My skin is normal/combination and have slightly redness around the cheeks (no flakes). This product fixes my skin tone during the daytime and stays quite dewy all day. Since I used this, the skin became brighter and even toned. However, there were few redness around my lip, and they calm down when I use BHA cream.

This is a great product for normal-dry skin people, but if you have oily skin may be better to avoid this or make sure you have BHA moisturizer ready.

I use: foam cleanser- bha toner- bha 2% moisturizer - Almay CC cream/extra sunscreen .

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as my "no make up Sundays" sunscreen. I'm very fair so I just needed something to protect my skin and give me a tad color. It's just ok. It blends nicely, and doesn't have that awful sunscreen smell. It's not a must have in my eyes. I've used way better BB creams.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was going through my sisters makeup bag, asking her about everything in it. She uses mostly benefit products, so when I found this, I asked why she had it. She responded, "oh, that? It sucks, take it." Never one to turn down free makeup, I tested some on my hand and noticed it seemed to erase the pores and follicle holes, so I took it. The first times I used it on my face, however, it came out in a disgusting little squirt of cream in an oil puddle. I rubbed it, and it was very greasy. I finished my makeup, and noticed by the end f the day that my foundation (applied over the cc cream) had slid around my t-zone. The next day, I had like 5 pimples! And I never break out! Awful.