August 20, 2014 | 1092 users online

Treatments (Face) - Yes to Grapefruit Correct & Repair Dark Spot Erase Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by mlutebay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love all things Yes To as I have mentioned in past reviews and I especially love my Yes To Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub. When I ran out of the scrub I went to the Yes To website to see if they had any special packages that included the facial scrub and, lo and behold, found the "brightening" package that included the scrub, the dark circle correcting eye cream, and this serum. I'm so glad I decided to buy the other products; I have seen a drastic difference in a relatively short amount of time.

I've struggled with terrible acne and scarring (the dark spot kind, not the pock mark kind) since I was 12 or 13 and have tried everything in the book to git rid of both my acne and the scars they leave behind. The combination of this facial scrub and serum is a Godsend. I was my face with the scrub twice a day (it is so much gentler than other drugstore scrubs) and then apply the serum just at night before I go to bed. The serum has a sort of tightening effect on the skin which has greatly reduced the look of my pores as well as scope of a couple blemishes. My skin looked completely different after just one use. I was skeptical because, honestly, when does that happen..? I stuck with it and it has yet to fail to impress me. Such a worth-it purchase! My spots are fading and my skin is smoother and brighter than ever.

A little con: the consistency and color of the serum are a little off-putting. It dries almost like a thin layer of Jell-O on your face (sticky, yet somehow not sticky), which is why I only put it on at night. Like someone mentioned before, using it two times a day can stress the skin, so one time overnight is definitely enough.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Will I buy it again? Nay. I bought this back in August to combat those stubborn marks left by past blemishes. I used it every night until it ran out but didn't see any change in my skin tone or texture. My skin is rather strange, it's incredibly stubborn and thick, but sensitive and reactive, so needless to say I have to be careful on how I treat my skin. It didn't break me out or leave me overly dry or oily, just comfortable, so that's good. The serum isn't really a serum, more like a slightly runny gel, which isn't helped by the fact it comes in a rather unattractive green color. I found it kind-of sticky, but that stickiness dissipates soon or can be avoided if you add a little facial oil to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Casanchez18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this serum, it's one of the first serums I've ever used. I don't know if its just because its a serum or because of the vitamin c in it, but it's AMAZING! I've really seen a difference in my skin over the past 4 weeks that I've been using it. It has significantly lightened a few scars but really it's just even my skin tone. I will defiantly be repurchasing this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I've been holding off on reviewing this serum for several months, and I'm glad I did. At first I made the mistake of using this day and night - now I only use it at night, because I find that it pills really badly upon layering my daytime moisturizer (DDF moisturizing dew) and it would frustrate me that I'd have to re-do that step of my regimen. In addition, my skin became flaky when I used this twice a day. I now only use it at night after cleansing, and I wake up to softer, smoother skin. It also seems to have lightened the dark spot on my cheek, which is my reason for buying this in the first place. I personally love the smell of this serum, which is similar to the scent of the eye cream from the same line - grapefruity and refreshing. The color is an off-putting yellow-green, but it smells wonderful. You only need a little bit to cover the entire face, maybe a little more if you want to include your neck. I use one pump after cleansing and layer my nighttime moisturizer over it. This is a bit pricey at $19.99, but it's a great lightening serum made with natural ingredients.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No