Yes to Grapefruit Correct & Repair Dark Spot Erase Serum

2.7

Water, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Phenethyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Limonene, Fragrance, Hypoxis Rooperi Rhizome Extract, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Camellia Sinensis (white Tea) Leaf Extract, Morus Nigra Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract.

on 4/21/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

The serum was sticky, smelled very pungent and left my skin feeling extremely dry. I used it only at night because of the smell and my skin began to react to it a few days after use. It definitely isn't for me.

on 3/4/2015 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this serum just this morning at Ulta to put, not so much on my face, but on my arms and hands which have a lot of age spots. But I will return this product the next time I am at the Ulta store.

Even after the first 1/2 hour I couldn't stand the smell anymore. I normally love the smell of grapefruit, but this is definitely something else! I have no idea what it is, but it really stinks. I should have read the MUA reviews before paying $20 for this!

Pros: Smells ok. Worked well as a moisturizer for oilier skin.

Cons: Did absolutely nothing to alter my dark spots. A bit sticky upon application (but that goes away within a minute).

I used the product 2x/day and used up the entire bottle. My skin seemed to like it -- I had fewer breakouts during the 6 wks I used it-- but it did nothing to lighten/erase my dark spots. It's possible that my dark spots just aren't dark/bad enough for it to have an impact. I won't buy this again as a dark spot remedy, but I had generally good feelings about the product otherwise.

on 3/4/2014 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Will I buy it again? Nay. I bought this back in August to combat those stubborn marks left by past blemishes. I used it every night until it ran out but didn't see any change in my skin tone or texture. My skin is rather strange, it's incredibly stubborn and thick, but sensitive and reactive, so needless to say I have to be careful on how I treat my skin. It didn't break me out or leave me overly dry or oily, just comfortable, so that's good. The serum isn't really a serum, more like a slightly runny gel, which isn't helped by the fact it comes in a rather unattractive green color. I found it kind-of sticky, but that stickiness dissipates soon or can be avoided if you add a little facial oil to it.

on 9/10/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this serum, it's one of the first serums I've ever used. I don't know if its just because its a serum or because of the vitamin c in it, but it's AMAZING! I've really seen a difference in my skin over the past 4 weeks that I've been using it. It has significantly lightened a few scars but really it's just even my skin tone. I will defiantly be repurchasing this!

on 6/27/2013 2:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been holding off on reviewing this serum for several months, and I'm glad I did. At first I made the mistake of using this day and night - now I only use it at night, because I find that it pills really badly upon layering my daytime moisturizer (DDF moisturizing dew) and it would frustrate me that I'd have to re-do that step of my regimen. In addition, my skin became flaky when I used this twice a day. I now only use it at night after cleansing, and I wake up to softer, smoother skin. It also seems to have lightened the dark spot on my cheek, which is my reason for buying this in the first place. I personally love the smell of this serum, which is similar to the scent of the eye cream from the same line - grapefruity and refreshing. The color is an off-putting yellow-green, but it smells wonderful. You only need a little bit to cover the entire face, maybe a little more if you want to include your neck. I use one pump after cleansing and layer my nighttime moisturizer over it. This is a bit pricey at $19.99, but it's a great lightening serum made with natural ingredients.

Popular Treatments (Face)