E.L.F. HD Lifting

3.6

Water (aqua), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Isododecane, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Oilvate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Sulphate, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica Dimethyl Silyat, Trithoxycaprylylsilane, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylisothiazolinone. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Cl 77288), FD&C Blue No1 (Cl 42090)

I really wanted to love this product, beautiful packaging, seemingly nice colour, but it was a miss. I believe I chose the shade "light", which ended up being too dark and yellow for me. It also doesn't blend well and can look kind of cakey on the skin. It also creases and is quite thin when trying to cover a blemish. I bought this when I needed a new maybelline fit me concealer because this was cheaper, this was on sale for around 5 bucks. You get what you pay for.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is my first makeup review, and I am 47. I have genetic dark circles and puffiness that have increased with age.I have hard to match olive skin that is very sensitive to most every product I've ever tried. I've spent thousands of dollars on concealers in my life and this one is it. I will buy this concealer until ELF stops making it. 3 bucks at Target. Couldn't recommend it more.

on 10/20/2014 10:00:00 PM

LOVE this product! My only complaint is that it runs pretty dark... I bought the shade "light" and it was too dark for me, but the formula is awesome so I went back and got "fair" and its PERFECT. So creamy and easy to blend. The packaging is nice and sleek and doesn't scream "drugstore" which is a nice surprise considering it was only $4 at Target (in Canada). I use it under my eyes every day and have had no issues with the formula at all, it hides everything it should and blends seamlessly, without creasing. Its not as full-coverage as say a tattoo concealer but it definitely isn't sheer. My only complaint is that there isn't a larger shade selection, since people with very pale or darker skin tones will have problems finding a colour that works for them.

on 8/19/2014 3:13:00 PM

I like this concealer..... a lot!!! The shade "light" shade matches my skin tone PERFECTLY. I use it for days when I don't want to wear makeup, but still want to even out my skintone. I have a lot of redness and acne scars i wanna camouflage. This covers very well! I use this to also cover my under eye circles and this does a decent job. Doesn't settle into fine lines or cake up. The only down side is the color selection isn't too great. I have both "fair" and "light"..and since they are just one apart from each other...the color difference is pretty major! The light is much darker than the fair. Overall, i would still rebuy since it's super cheap, and works well!

on 6/30/2014 3:27:00 PM

As a concealer this is useless. I do however adore this for an eye shadow primer. It's super creamy and doesn't settle into lines, it 'disappears' once it's on the skin and it's very moisturizing. I would not buy this as a concealer.. but as a primer.. you bet!

on 5/12/2014 10:37:00 PM

I love all things ELF, but this is a definite 'miss' for me. This concealer is thin and it really emphasises cakey-ness around/under my eyes. I had heard such great things about it and I'm sad to say I really dislike it. Maybe it's just my skin that it doesn't play nice with, Im not sure because so many others Do love it and swear by it. I'll stick to their $1 all over concealer stick. I buy those 10 at a time. (I'm afraid they will discontinue it!)
This HD concealer (I'm fair so I got in the lightest shade) is too thin to be called a concealer, and honestly, I have pretty good skin and don't need much 'concealing' so I really don't need anything to cakey or heavy duty, but this just blended away to nothing. It's thin and sheer. Just a total NO for me. The price is great, It's only $3, so can't go wrong there if this works for you!

on 4/22/2014 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this just to try. I didn't have any experience with elf's concealers but knew I had liked other products from their studio line. I bought this in the shade "Brightening" because I'm very fair skinned and the Ivory shade was too dark. This matched my skin pretty well even though it has a little more of a yellow tone than I am. This concealer was a great price and the packaging is really nice. It looks like a more expensive product with it's matte black cap. It has a standard doe-foot applicator and the product has a light, creamy consistency which is perfect for under the eyes. The product blends well and I set it with a powder. I haven't noticed any creasing on my eyes and it does an ok job covering my dark circles. It isn't the highest coverage under eye concealer I've used, but it is ok. Some days I don't want to cover up everything and prefer a more natural look, that is when I reach for this concealer. I haven't noticed much in the "lifting" from using the product. But overall I'm pleased with it.

on 3/10/2014 12:33:00 PM

I actually received this concealer as a free gift with my order, and it is now my HG concealer. I have the shade "Brightening." It has amazing coverage and eliminates under eye circles like nothing I've ever tried. It has a pretty strong yellow tone to it, which is why it's great for dark circles, but I also love this because I find a lot of foundations and concealers to be too pink on my olive (yellow undertoned) skin. I set it with my E.L.F. HD Powder in corrective yellow and it stays put perfectly all day. Honestly, I would choose this over ANY more expensive brand I've ever tried...and there has been A LOT! :)

on 3/5/2014 12:50:00 PM

I purchased this in the color Fair after seeing swatches of how dark this shade range runs. It matches my NC25 skin quite well and is very beigey-toned.

The coverage is light/moderate but does a good job for undereye concealing/brightening. I like that it is moisturizing and easy to blend in. I've also used it on my slowly fading acne spots and it did a decent job of covering them (keep in mind I apply my concealer after foundation). Lasts a good 10-12 hours on my combo/oily skin. Does not break me out, which is quite surprising because most ELF face products do.

on 2/26/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I tried several of the dark/tan colours during the sale and none were a perfect colour match. Also, the green concealer did not do anything for me. It's decent for the price, I find it has a lot of product compared to other ELF items, and I wish that it would've worked out for me but it's not happening, I think. :(