October 31, 2014 | 876 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Flawless

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

If you have oily skin, this is just for you. makes foundation stick like none other but if you have dry skin, steer clear because this will be your worst nightmare. It clung to my dry patches and made my foundation cling in a way I never knew possible.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by gsalazar82

This is a magnet for your foundation! My makeup looks freshly applied all day when I use this primer. That being said, I think it's impractical. You have to work very quickly with this because it sets quickly and doesn't have the same effect. Not only that but if you apply your foundation on top of this too late, it looks super cakey!! It also doesn't play well with all foundations. I've noticed it doesn't work well with matte/satin finish foundations. For me it works best with dewey foundations which isn't necessarily a bad thing because dewey foundations tend to not last on me anyway but, that's what makes this product impractical. I want to be able to use 1 primer for all my foundations. The packaging is very deceiving as well, you get a fraction of what you think your actually getting. Ironically, when I'm in a rush I don't reach for this, even though your supposed to work quickly with it, because I don't like fumbling around making sure I have my brush/beauty blender in arms reach and having to switch off with the primer and brush for each section of my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

As others have noted, you must use this product correctly to get the long wear out of it. It's not like a typical primer.It really does act as a sort of glue for your foundation. You have to apply, blend it a little and then immediately do your liquid foundation. Don't wait for the primer to "dry" bc then it is too late. I have my foundation blended and on my brush ready to go before I put the primer on my face. Also, I do not use the primer on the skin under my eyes. Because it makes the make up look weird over fine lines. I only use this product for when I really need full makeup and have a long day ahead where I will be socializing a lot or an event of some kind. It's not really for just everyday, typical use. And would be difficult to use if you're not pretty experienced with doing makeup. But It really is the only primer I've used that keeps my makeup on all day long. But you can't really touch up the liquid foundation or re-blend in once it's dried. You have to make sure you do it evenly all over, the first time or you will end up with the blotches.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

This is a decent, but high maintenance product. It works as a primer if used correctly, but is a lot more trouble than it's worth because of how touchy it is. I feel this product exists solely to provide alternative options to those who like to try new and innovative makeup products/methods. If you try this, make sure you use it properly! Otherwise your face will be a mess! It does actually work for a very long time (I work 12-15 hour days!) and your makeup essentially looks almost exactly the same as when you apply it. However, it is quite heavy and feels like you're wearing a LOT of makeup. It really comes down to personal preference and how you like your primers. Personally, I prefer a light, silicone-y primer such as Smashbox or Lancôme. Try this if you like to try new things, but otherwise don't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Sophiamu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have acne-prone skin and this primer has not broken me out yet. I have been using this primer for the past two months and I am very happy with it after learning the tricks for a flawless 15 hour base.

You absolutely can not apply this to your whole face and then apply your foundation on top. Before I start using this primer I always wipe it clean on a cotton pad (taking out any bacteria from my last use). Then I apply it in sections on my face (e.g. on the cheek and then immediately after put my foundation on top). You can not let this product dry before applying your foundation, and it has a pretty fast drying time. The process of using this primer is time consuming but it is worth it because after it, it does leave a flawless look to your skin and foundation throughout the whole day

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lagurly7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this might be the worst makeup product I have ever used. I love Benefit, but this product fell incredibly short after all the hype. It feels like a glue stick and does not blend. I thought maybe it was the brush I used, but applying foundation with my fingers as it suggested did no better. I used my MAC studio fix foundation, and this primer made it rub off in patches around my nose. Overall, a terrible product (for me at least). I ended up returning it disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by begxforxmercy

ATTENTION: I wanted to post my review on this primer before going to bed. I finally figured out the trick to applying it properly on the face so that your foundation will not look cakey & splotchy. here goes: •clean face thoroughly & apply moisturizer evenly on your face. allow the moisturizer to dry before applying primer •section off the face: cheeks, chin, nose & forehead. swipe primer on one section of the face. immediate apply your foundation on top of the primer using a FLAT foundation brush. brush foundation downwards until all the sections are evenly covered. DO NOT swirl blend because this is what creates the cake face. •apply finishing powder, bronzer & blush. mission accomplished. I used the "Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow" foundation with this primer. do not expect your face to be matte throughout the day. the primer keeps your makeup on throughout the day but leaves your face with a dewy finish. refrain from touching your face throughout the day because it creates splotching. I was determined to make the application process work. I do like this foundation but I will not repurchase it because I do not like to section off my face to apply a primer nicely-it's very tricky to apply. if you have it-give my method a try. I hope it works out for you guys.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by vanessalee91

No. Not the primer for me,my skin is acne prone, oily and dry so combination I suppose. Regardless it did not work for me, which made me so sad I love benefit but it's a magnet primer so you need to do it in sections... Not worth it at all

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by templesgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst thing I have ever tried . The girl at sophoria recommended it and I usually never buy without checking makeup alley . What a joke . It a stick of wax in my opinion . First off mine was broke when I opened it due to the horrible stick packaging . So I proceeded to speed this "wax" stick all over my face as a primer that it is . It felt wet and heavy . I then tried to putt Kat Von d foundation over top and it would not spread . I was all streaky and the "wAx" actually stopped my foundation from sticking at all! I ended up with these bald sopts .I also broke out from the whole 4 hours I wore it before I had to take it off . This is terrible ! I will stick with normal foundation primers . Oh and I have oily skin so somebody with dry would be so screwed to use this

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this primer despite a lot of other reviews. I don't mind that it's sticky-like. I have tried other gel-like clear primers and they seemed useless for me. I'm not sure it keeps my makeup on for 15 hours, but it does keep things in place much much longer and fresher than if I didn't use it. Especially since I use a light luminous, dewy foundation. It definitely gives me a smoother makeup application and my pores aren't quite as noticeable. I rub it all over my face and smooth it around to cover everything, except for under the eyes. Then I apply my foundation right away. I don't wear foundation every day so this primer has lasted me quite a while now. The only thing I don't like is the price.