October 24, 2014 | 1810 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner - Ultra Violet

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I am on a huge Maybelline hype right now, in the space of a few days, I've purchased 2 lipsticks, a concealer and this gel liner! I convinced myself so many times that I didn't need it, that I already had a gorgeous purple gel liner (MakeupGeek Amethyst) and didn't need another. Well, after Superdrug had their Maybelline buy 1 get 1 half price offer, I had to snap it up. I'm SO happy I did!

Firstly, I own quite a few gel liners ranging from the low-priced but extremely high quality MakeupGeek liners, the mid-range MAC Fluidlines and Bobbi Brown ink liners, and the high-end YSL gel liners, so I know about their quality. Anyway, Ultra Violet is a gorgeous deep Indigo with a satin sheen. The consistency and application is just superb, no flaking no patchiness, and no dragging. I get a smooth, fluid application, and truly, the quality of this gel liner is up there with YSL's, honestly. Once it's on, it stays on. All day. And night. Until you take it off, and even then you need a good oil-based remover, that's how good this liner is. I always apply gel liner to my waterline and it stays in place there too.

Now, when I compare it with my beloved MakeupGeek Amethyst gel liner, it is very different. Amethyst is a bright, jewelled-purple with shimmer, whereas Ultra Violet is indigo with a satin sheen. Not completely matte. They are both very different and to me that justifies owning them both. They will both go well with a number of looks that use purple and berry eyeshadows (Urban Decay Fishnet, MAC Trax, MAC Satellite Dreams etc). I've included a photograph to show the differences between the two, Ultra Violet is the liner on the right.

I love the little pot it comes in too. Lovely, light and compact. At 3g you get the same amount of liner that MAC and Bobbi Brown contain too, so excellent for its price. Overall, I am so happy to include this liner in my collection, I adore purple as an eyeshadow and liner shade, and it's very hard to come across purple/violet/indigo gel liners so kudos to Maybelline!