August 1, 2014 | 1730 users online

Makeup Brushes - Japonesque - Travel Foundation Brush #312

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by kizbit

I can't say I would use this brush to apply foundation all over as it's a bit small, however, for applying concealer around the nose, undereyes, it's perfect. There were even a few concealers I was ready to write off until I applied them with this brush and it made all the difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2006 7:44:00 PM More reviews by perfectcover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation brush is amazing. The angled bristles allow me to apply foundation on the sides of my nose or near the eyes without getting product in them. I've experimented with other foundation brushes (i.e. MAC, Dior, Chanel, etc.) and this brush has almost the same quality without the steep price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 11:50:00 AM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I lusted over the Smashbox foundation brush for months but couldn't quite make myself pay $27 or some other ridiculous amount for it so I got the Japonesque #312 for half that as a consolation. The brush head a bit smaller than other popular high end foundation brushes but it's not really all that much smaller. The stiff, tightly packed bristles make for very good, even foundation application and the synthetic fibers make it easy to clean. After each use, I simply swirl in a little Dixie cup of makeup remover, wipe down on a cotton pad, wash with clarifying shampoo, leave out to dry and it's good to go the next day. I use this to apply my Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder for a flawless look. It also lets me build up coverage better than I can with a kabuki brush or even sponge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 5:43:00 PM More reviews by just_like_gold

Japonesque is my favorite brush brand. This particular one is like a bigger version of the highly-rated BE maximum coverage concealer brush that I own. Originally I was using that brush for liquid foundation, but this is significantly better. I find this works well when I need to blend select areas, but I mostly use this when I'm going for the porcelain look because it provides pretty hardcore coverage with minimal work. It's the short silver handled version of the brush, with a dense a mount of Taklon. It doesn't irritate my skin the way the lower-end brushes do. Japonesque is particularly good about the quality/price ratio, as I got this great brush for about $14.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by rockmom66

I never used any other foundation brush, so I have no experience to compare it to another. But I really like this one, nice size. It really smooths the foundation, no streaks. Especially works well with mousse foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2005 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ashleeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great brush. not the best but for its price it is a fairly decent brush. doesnt streaks. i dont mind the small size of it as i dont usually apply foundation all over so its not too much of a problem. i would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by mommy31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I had no idea a foundation brush could make foundation look this good. I've always been a slave to sponges when it came to applying makeup and never realized that it ate up half of the makeup. At first I was worried that it would leave streaks because when i used another brush (a blush brush that i had sitting in the medicine cabinet)my face looked like somebody drew lines on my face. This brush made my foundation look so good i actually had to take a second and third look to make sure i wasn't missing something. Ladies, this brush is it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 5:46:00 AM More reviews by ayce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The number on my brush is actually 912.. but its the travel sized foundation brush. Anyhoo, this is stiff but is soft enough to blend. After using this I was surprised how little foundation I used compared to finger application method. The size is perfect for around the nose but too small for the cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2004 4:37:00 PM More reviews by TaraFab

Good blending, was told works as good as MAC line. Soft and travel size is convenient.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2004 1:26:00 PM More reviews by moyabean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic brush. The bristles have a "just right" combination of stiffness and softness to make this brush effective. Since I started using it, my cream foundation has been much easier to blend. Plus, I use MUCH less foundation now. Using this brush helps me attain a near-perfect look that I would otherwise be unable to get.