August 1, 2014 | 1277 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - Dior Nail Glow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this a year ago and have used it sparingly to make it last every since. It's really nice, but expensive. No other nail polish on bare nails will give you the healthy, "enhanced" natural look this will. I use 1-2 coats on bare nails and it leaves a light healthy pink hue on my nail beds while brightening my tips. I don't think it looks like a true french manicure, but definitely the closest you'll get to it while looking natural.
The brush is great, perfect application. It dries fast and then wears down slowly, never chips. So even after 4 days your nails still look good and not all chipped up.
Overall, I would consider repurchasing it depending on my budget and other needs. But I'd highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to wear polish and have a natural look. You won't get the same healthy glow effect by using a regular clear polish, base/top coat etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by AngelaE8654

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The worst thing about this polish is that it's pretty expensive. Because of that, I tried to replace it with some polishes that had a similar transparent pink color. No go. The reason? The pink in those polishes turned the whites of my nails a yellowish color, much like a red nail polish would do. Therefore, I am going back to the Dior Nail glow.

I love a "natural" type of look with all of my cosmetics; the Miss America, full-face makeup and nails is NOT for me. This polish makes your nails look healthy and very, very natural which is why I like it. The only real downside to this is the price. Everything else about it is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HOLY HG, I have fallen head over heels!

I use/wash my hands all the time at work (in a kitchen), and therefore can't regularly polish my nails... I'm lucky to have strong nails, and I try to look after my hands and wear gloves at work as often as I can, but more often than not my nails end up stained and ragged. After seeing the rave reviews of the NG I decided to shell out and give it a try - see if it could bring my poor nails back to life.

Nail Glow delivered 100% for me - there is no denying that the whites of nails seem whiter and the pinks much pinker. The look is instantaneous and absolutely gorgeous: nails look so polished (no pun intended), shining, and well... glowing. A previous reviewer mentioned that she felt after using NG that colourful polishes were almost too garish, and I must say, I can see what she meant - the look you get from NG is so beautiful and natural - I've never seen my nails so nice! Although my nails grow long and strong, the whites are a little yellowish, and this brightens them right up - I think the NG actually strengthened my nails a little bit more as well. Added bonus is that it's incredibly fast drying, gives the nails beautiful shine, "fades" rather than chips, and you can get the beautiful effect in just one coat!

As for the practicalities:
Packaging is lovely - a simple square bottle, plain label, and a silver cap, the brush is fantastic - very soft and slightly rounded, does a brilliant job of distributing the NG, and the price is well... admittedly not cheap, but NG is SO worth it IMHO. I've never been so happy with a nail product, I am truly in love, and will definitely re-purchase. In fact, I'm going to stock the heck up as I'm pretty sure NG is limited edition :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by maryellenh

I read about this in a magazine and was intrigued by the claim that it would, "make the white of your nails whiter and the pink, pinker." Tried it at Sephora, but decided that $25 was too much ... I brilliantly requested it for Mother's Day and I absolutely love it! It almost makes me want to toss all my other nail polishes. A clean, fresh look that really lasts. Totally worth the price for the lovely effect it gives to nails ... long or short. A winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love it. So easy to apply, gives a nice pink color and the glossy finish stays forever. Will definetely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by HoneyQ

This product is amazing! I hate when I take off polish and my nails turn yellow. No matter how expensive the polish. This clear polish has a pink tint to it and I'm not sure how it works but it just brightens up your nail and instantly looks finished and classy. It's expensive but there's nothing else like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seems crazy-ish to shell out $25 for what looks like your garden variety "natural" nail polish that you can get in just about any drugstore brand. But, really and truly, Nail Glow IS different. I have a hard time keeping polish (especially home-done polish application) on my fingernails for more than 2 or 3 days, no matter what brand I use. So most of the time, I forego polish on my fingernails entirely. But Nail Glow gives my nails a really clean, well-groomed look and it lasts for ages without chipping and when it does start to wear off, it doesn't look shabby in the process. And for some reason that I don't understand at all, the results I get with Nail Glow are different than with your garden variety "natural" polish - it does make my nails look pinker but makes the tips of my nails look whiter - not quite the "French manicure in one step" that Dior claims but still pretty good for something so easy! A staple product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ghostlypale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Shockingly good! I have tried every clear/lightly tinted basecoat/topcoat/treatment there is. I put one coat of this on in a department store, then watched in wonderment through the week--it never, ever chipped. And then, and please believe me though it sounds ridiculous--my peeling, weak, crazy nails were actually looking much better by the end of the week. I had been trying some clear/tinted polishes again after bringing my nails at least partially back to life through a twice-daily application of healthy hoof. I tried an assortment of tinted base and topcoats, all of which starting chipping within a day. Worse than the chipping, though, was watching my nails go back to peeling, breaking, and generally misbehaving. I was so discouraged that I was contemplating a life wearing gloves--even though I can't pull off a retro look anymore. Somehow I saw some reference to Dior Nail Glow somewhere, and just took the chance. After that miracle week, I bought it (OF COURSE!) and have been using it several weeks, with the same results: almost zero chipping, a lovely, healthy glowy (best word for it) look, and my nails are continuing to improve. For me, strangely, one coat works better than two, so I remove every 5-6 days (it does get a little dull--but to be fair I'm washing my hands constantly, and often with harsh gels and foams at a hospital) and start over.

I know, it sounds crazy. I don't know how it is possible that this product is so superior to every other similar product on the market, but that has been my experience. I am crossing my fingers that 1) this continues to be true as I use it over time and 2) they continue to make it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A male salesperson at Nordstrom was recommending this to make nails look naturally healthy and beautiful, and I took his word for it. Shelling out $25 for what is basically a clear fuchsia-tinged polish is not something I do on a regular basis, but no doubt he was correct that my nails look really nice now and it also lasts quite well. I have very light cool toned skin and the pink is very subtle, and it looks pretty. I have applied it in one coat over a week ago and I have yet to see it chip. Dior Glow is my first Dior purchase, I should have a closer look into this line. Hmm, or maybe not (says my wallet). In any case, I will repurchase this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

I never considered myself someone who would buy €25 clear nail lacquer or lip balm until I tried the ones by Dior. Those of you drawn to notions of "simple luxury" and "ethereal nude" looks probably understand. Dior Nail Glow is not distinctly pink on my nails but gives them a rich, understated, multi-dimensional gloss (see my photo above). The effect is terribly sophisticated, poised, and polished, but still effortless. I imagine very charming and quick-witted girls wearing this. It's put me off most other colors, which suddenly feel kind of vulgar in comparison. It's easy to apply, one or two coats according to preference without a top or base coat, and lasts until I take it off, with occasional minimal wear around the edges about a week in, which no one else could notice anyway. The flat, wide brush and smooth formula are, along with YSL's, the most fail-safe I've used—I've put this on as an afterthought minutes before leaving my apartment, and one coat was dry before I needed to touch anything that would have disturbed it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No