April 18, 2014 | 1748 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - Dior Nail Glow

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Tearbag1969

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. Very pretty pinkish color. Doesn't chip or peel. Definitely is helping my nails grow. Much better than pink gel coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by exotikittenx

I was hesitant to buy this, but I am now in love with it! I don't get professional manicures, so I a, okay with spending a little more on a good nail polish for a DIY manicure. I usually only buy drugstore polishes because I don't notice a huge difference EXCEPT there is no other polish quite like this! Just file your nails and give them a quick buff before applying, and your nails after application will look salon gorgeous! They appear rosy, healthy, super shiny, and chic. It is my favorite everyday polish. I never thought clear could look so pretty. I did not find any suitable dupes, so this was worth the splurge, especially if you don't want to pay for pricey manicures at the salon, but still want to look polished on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was not too sure about purchasing this, I believe it was $24 USD so it was a small splurge. I am entirely impressed by the results I get. I would not necessarily agree it gives you a full on french manicured look, but it makes your nails look strong, healthy, clean and buffed. It lasts forever and even if it were to chip no one could notice. I recieved a plethora of compliments on how healthy my nails looked, I think the color of this makes your nails look so much better- this to me is not just a glorified top coat it is a secret nail potion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by quickbrownfox

I have to say, Dior is rocking it with the Glow line. I've gotten to the Glow line by trying the Nail Glow first. I was searching for an alternative for Pink Gel Coat because it had confusing reviews. Recently I haven't been able to use nail polish on my nails because I haven't had the time. This product is like magic, it's the ultimate my-nails-but-better product. I love it's naturally pinkish hue. Also I've been using it for the last 3 weeks and I can confidently say that I believe leaves enough room for the nail to breathe because I haven't experienced any yellowish tone on my nails using this. I take it off and reapply it on weekends. This is the best product for those don't want to polish their nails and still want that sort of well-groomed look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pricey but absolutely worth it. I have quite white tips naturally and like gives them a beautiful pink manicured look in two swipes. Sets hard, doesn't chip and give that effortless well-groomed look. Love it, love it love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Makes my nails look gorgeous, extremely long-lasting (doesn't chip or peel AT ALL). This is some expensive clear nail polish but I swear it's worth it. There is a slight pinkish tint that doesn't really show up on me but that's okay. Dior describes this as an "instant French manicure effect", well it is NOT that. But it does make my nails look shiny and polished, and they grow out stronger and harder when I use this consistently.
Excellent brush with this one. Wide, tapered, flat, and stiff. Application could not be easier. I wish every bottle of nail polish I own had this brush!
I love the subtle and sophisticated effect this gives my hands. It's pricey but I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy cats! Super-pricey but, in this instance, you really do get what you pay for. I apply two light coats of this just once every two weeks (only because by that time my cuticles need some pushing down and nails trimmed a bit). Does not peel, flake, or budge AT ALL, even if your hands are constantly in the water (washing, pool, dishes). Even better than my go-to for years, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails clear (in the round bottle). I would 100% absolutely recommend this to anyone who wants longer, stronger nails with no fuss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I have fast growing nails and have always kept them pretty long and shapely since I was a kid. I'm a working professional who always likes to look polished, so I prefer not to wear my nails bare, but at the same time, I don't have time to always do manicures. Despite having a huge stash of nail polish, I usually just find myself wearing my nails with clearcoat or going with a coat or two of a light or translucent pearly/pinky shade -- darker shades just chip on me so fast, and I'm always too lazy to remove chipped polish until weeks have passed. If you are as lazy as I am about doing your nails, you will love Dior Nail Glow as much as I do. This is a no-fuss no-muss nail brightener that is fool-proof and so versatile. This is a dream product for me and gives me the glammed up effect I want with minimal effort and maintenance. This is by no means a french manicure in a bottle, but this is the one polish I can put on a coat or two and look really, well, polished! (no pun intended ;-)). In the past, my solution to amping up bare nails was to throw on a coat of clear coat or a coat of a light pearly shade, I would much rather throw on a coat of this -- same time and effort required but this looks so much better and sophisticated. And the best part is as it wears off and chips away, it is not unsightly at all ... the tips wear off first and the rest of the nail still has a bit of a clear shine to it. I just love this product. If I could only have one nail polish in my stash, this would be it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by rtran4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pure indulgence purchase - I didn't need it and I certainly didn't want to shell out the bucks for but it makes me happy. This is great if you like to rock natural nails often or you're in between manicures and need to something to tone down staining. It's an instant enhancer. It makes your nails look younger, fresher and healthier. It's not a french manicure in a bottle. It's not a treatment. It won't improve growth or remove stains and the effect will go away once you take it off. Hopefully by then, you are left with healthy new growth.

I've used this on normal and stained nails. It works best on unstained nails and you see the effect best in natural sunlight (or UV light). It is a glowy, cool-tone translucent pink polish that enhances the natural pinkness of your nails while neutralizing some of the natural yellow seen especially in our tips. It doesn't make your tips whiter, but it makes them brighter. It helps on stained nails but it's not a miracle worker. You might still see yellow peaking through.

I love the wide tapered brush. I do two coats on natural, bare nails. No base, no top coat. That's what is instructed. Sometimes I'll put Seche Vite over it but it seems to last longer on me without it a top coat. You can play around with it and work this over a french manicure or colored polish but just be sure to put a sealing top coat on first, let it completely dry, then apply Nail Glow over it so you won't contaminate its magic. This wears extremely long for my nails. I can wear it for a week, sometimes longer, without it chipping or peeling. The great part is that no one will even notice when it does.

CHEAP ALTERNATIVE: Essie Cherry Pop #358 (permanent color). It's not going to give that glow/brightness that the Dior does but it enhances the nail in a similar way for a much cheaper price.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by reynoso16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it for the quality of the product. I used to buy only the essie clear polishes but they always chipped the day after. This so far has not chipped one bit. You can tell the quality is there as it looks natural but elegant.. I recommend for light skins because my mom tried it out (she is tanner than me) and it showed up clear on her with no color...