September 23, 2014 | 899 users online

Moisturizers - Bioderma - Sebium Global

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by fpih

I have been lucky to go through adolesence with barely a pimple in sight, only to develop adult acne on my chin and lower cheeks at the ripe age of 40:( After trying to treat it with Neostrata Smoothing Cream (thinking this was better for my skin since it claims to treat wrinkles as well) and seeing no result, I decided to take drastic measures and turn to acne fighting products instead. I had two friends who were recommended by their dermatologists to try the Bioderma Sebium Global gel and so last May I bought my first ever anti-acne treatment. Unfortunately, I used Sebium Global once a day every morning for more than a month with no difference whatsoever. In fact, I have the impression that I started developing more pimples than before. I blamed my Sunscreen at the time (also by Bioderma), bought another one and stopped using Sebium Global during my holidays where the sun and sea salt managed to clear my face on their own. To my great disappointment though, upon my arrival to work I started breaking out again and a week ago I remembered my Bioderma Sebium Global cream which I hadn't used for almost two months. After only two days of use, my one pink pimple turned into 4(!) red and inflammed ones in both of my cheeks. I know some people say that you have to go through the 'purging' face, but based on my earlier experience with Global, that wasn't going to happen anyway. So, I bought a tube of Avene Cleanance K gel, which on the first night managed to clear my whiteheads and on the second turned my large red pimples into small, pink ones. I've been using Avene for 4 days (nights to be exact) and my pimples are barely visible anymore. I don't know if Cleanance will continue working for me (I plan to write a review after a couple of weeks of testing) but I know for sure that Bioderma Sebium Global does nothing at best for adult acne and aggravates it at worst. I'm really, really disappointed with it, and the only good thing is that I didn't pay too much for it. In the garbage bin it goes!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by katejmf

I have been blessed and fortunate enough to have reasonably good skin all through my adolescence and early 20's. Recently for reasons unbeknown to me my skin began developing acne like characteristics; redness, pimples, irritation and inflammation. I wouldn't classify it as full blown acne but it surely felt like it was heading that way if I didn't act quickly and resolve the issue. I tend to shy away from products that are chemical laden and definitely prefer 100% natural skin care. I tried a view natural products but my skin either didn't improve at all or improved slightly for some time before reverting back to its previous state. I've been using Sebium Global for approximately two weeks now and I really can't believe the difference. So much so that I actually created an account to endorse this product. After a few days there was noticeable changes to my skin; pore size, redness and irritation had diminished, and the frequency and size of breakouts had decreased. I hate wearing a full face of makeup and now I am able to revert back to old habits of walking outside my house without product (or a care in the world). THIS PRODUCT IS THE BOMB-DIGGITY!! I hope Sebium Global works for you as well as its worked for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Sarocaslarocas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been diagnosed with acne by a dermatologist. He did not say the type or anything, he only prescribed me with Isotretinoin, which I refused to take since it's so harmful and my skin hasn't reach that low point in which antibiotics are the only solution. In my opinion he was a very shitty dermatologist, he only said "you have acne, I'm going to prescribe you this, it has a lot of side effects, get these blood tests done, send them to me and you can begin the treatment and see me in 3 months". When I finally left his office 75 euros shorter, I cried the whole way home. And sometimes when I look in the mirror I still do, I actually avoid looking at it. I know it's not that bad, it could be much worse and it's mainly some inflamated pimples, some visibles marks of past pimples and and a lot of clogged pores, but for someone who has always had clear skin, it's a lot.

I feel the need to talk about this, how it makes feel, how I don't like to go out anymore beacause of it but I feel ashamed, I feel like I'm being selfish and I'm afraid of being judged or perceived as meek, since people have much serious issues to take care, such as college, money, relationships. Even I have those same issues, but I just can't seem to stop thinking about this current situation with my skin.

But moving on with the actual review of this product!

It's a watery, white substance that is quickly absorved by the skin, I find the scent very unpleasant, similar to clearasil (which I do not recommend at all) but after ten minutes or so it fades. I have been using this product for a week now, and I am incredibly disappointed with the result. Although it seems to dry the pimples, I developed some kind of reaction to it. Innitially it just cause some mild itching that disappeard after a while. But sometimes, through the week, it started to burn. Today it makes precisely 8 days when I started using the product and my skin has gotten worst when it comes to the texture of it. It's incredibly irregular, "bumpy", it's similar to a rash but without the redness of it. The red pimples are still there but at least they don't hurt when pressed. I do not know it it was the fact that later this week the temperature was quite high and the sun very strong, or it's just the moisturizer alone that caused this reaction, but without a doubt I will not use it again.

I would like to apologize for my personal and depressing introduction, but I really needed to get this out of me since I tried to tell a close friend of mine how my skin made me feel, and she basically said "you are overreaction".

Hope all of you who feel like this way,find a way to manage your skin problem and how it makes you feel. I recently started wearing my face completely exposed with a headband or by using a ponytail so I could somehow embrace my skind and face and stop feeling ashamed of it. It has helped to an extent, but it has done nothing to my actual condition and sometimes it is still hard to look in the mirror.

If you have any tips, I'll gladly read them!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by lipglossandabackpack

I received a sample of this in a beauty box and, after glancing at the packaging, assumed it was a spot treatment. I have fairly "normal" skin, though in winter it leans towards being dry with the occasional small breakout. I put a tiny dab of this product onto a breakout before bed one night, saw a noticeable improvement the next day and decided to look it up... only to discover it was a moisturizer! While there is no way that I could put this all over my face in light of my current age and climate, I immediately thought about how great it would have been to have when I was a teenager with acne-prone skin. I think it smells and feels lovely, and would definitely consider using it as a regular moisturizer if I had very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by cnsyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So far so good.. I started to use this product when I had a massive breakdown after using the wrong mouistrizer. I use it with Populex gel in order to get rid of the pimples and balancing the sebium of my face. In just 3 days, they both increased the skin quality!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by calooza

So far, bioderma hasn't let me down. I've tried a few of their products for oily acne prone skin, and so far so good.

Early this year i had a really wierd reaction to an hormonal drug prescribed by my doctor to control my acne due to the change of my bc pill. My skin was horrible, really dull looking, full of clogged pores, especially around my jaw line, and with a few inflamation spots. It was also really oily and my pores were huge!

I stopped the medication, and tried to fix my skin. Effaclar Duo was the answer... I was seeing results in the first week of usage. I was happy with it... I was using it along with Triacneal by Avene, and later discovered that Triacneal was causing me oily skin and clogged pores, which interfere with the good results of Effaclar Duo. (i have reviews for both of this products).

Later decided to not repurchase Effaclar Duo, and try Effaclar K instead, because it seemed more suitable for my skin issues (mostly comedonal acne). Another fail... In the beginning it seemed to be more effective but a couple of months later, there were no improvements and i was noticing an increase of clogged pores, that later got inflamed. Suddenly i had my left cheek covered in red spots...

I left Effaclar K for good, and meanwhile i heard about this new product by Bioderma, that fights both comedonal acne and inflamatory acne. Also, bioderma products don't have fatty alcohols in their ingredients list, like Effaclar K and Triacneal have.. so i gave it a try.

I paid 14 euros for a 30ml sleek plastic tube (i like the packaging).
In the first week i noticed a decrease in inflamatory acne, and after that my skin just got better. My clogged pores are gone, and my inflamatory acne comes and goes faster, but in less number. I also noticed my acne marks less visible.

It's been 2 months and i know i'm going to repurchased it, because it dind't let me down yet :)

It stings a little when i have active pimples, but overall i dind't had any bad reaction or experienced dehydrated skin, but i make sure i moisturise after i let it sink in... I use it morning and night after the toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using Sebium AI some time ago(at my doctors advice), but i wasn't quite happy with it, so when this one came out in pharmacy i decided to give it a try. I like it more than any other acne moisturizer i've used before. It keep my acne under control most of the time and takes care of my sooo shiny face. Is a very good makeup base for me(i don't use primer anymore and i don't see the difference). BUT, now when winter is starting to come, i feel that is dries my skin little bit too much and i will try to use Sebium Hydra after Sebium Global at night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

This is Bioderma's newest product and for people with mild to moderate acne I would say this is definitely worth a look. Not only does this product mattify and reduce inflammation of lesions but it's main selling point is that it regulates the texture of sebum, thus dramatically reducing clogged pores, blackheads, whiteheads. I have been grappling with some minor adult acne and my experience in the past few weeks that I've used this product has been very promising. My skins excessive oil production has reduced and the texture of my skin has become much smoother. I have also noticed a marked reduction in blackheads and acne in general. This also has a very pleasant melon scent and is pleasing to use. I highly recommend this product in conjunction with one of their cleansing treatments, either sebium H2O or cleansing gel.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by mclennon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My dermatologist gave me 2 samples of this. My skin is not in such a bad condition. Well, I've been using this since April 11 (yup, I remember the date). That's like 139 days. I really like this product. It doesn't make my skin too dry nor oily. It smells nice and it helped my scars. It mattifies your skin right away and makes pores less visible. It's a good base too, but if you are with normal or dry skin it may not work that well. It's kind of expensive (around 17$ in my country).. but all of the Bioderma treatments are like that.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bioderma Sebium Global is the first product that treats the biological causes and consequences of severe blemishes. It contains AHA esters, salicylic acid and citric acid to remove blackheads and also zinc gluconate to reduce the redness and inflammation. Like all of the Sebium range, it also contains Fluidacitve, Bioderma's patent to control the quality and quantity of the sebum.

I was looking for a product that could treat blackheads and also the ocassional (hormonal) breakouts. Sebium Global seems to be a combination of Sebium AKN and Sebium AI, so that's why I decided to buy it.

The product itself is white and has a slight melon scent. I think it's too harsh on my normal to combination yet acne- prone skin because when I apply to my face it leaves my skin feeling quite tight. Sometimes I also get an itchy sensation. After using it for several months the texture of my skin seems smoother but I haven't noticed any difference when it comes about blackheads and I still get hormonal breakouts.

On the directions it also says that Sebium Global is a good make-up base, however, when I use my foundation, some of the product seems to come off in little balls (and it's not an issue with my foundation).

Overall, I think I bought a product that was too strong for my skin type and my breakouts (I only breakout around my period). I give it 3 lippies because I think it might work well for a skin type that is truly oily and blemished all over.