New York Color Big Bold Gloss - Pumped Up Purple

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/5/2015 4:46:00 PM

Very pleasantly surprised by this. I looked at this a few times after hearing some of the gurus talk about it but always passed it by bc I just am not a fan in general of NYC cosmetics. Just to me their products tend to be patchy, look garish on me, etc...just not really a fan. BUT..this lipgloss was a pleasant surprise!!

I will say it is a little big and bulky for my liking and I am not really used to the huge wand, but I can manage it and despite all of that it applies very easily and evenly. This feels really nice once applied. It is a little creamy, I do not find it to be sticky, and yes being a 'plumping' gloss there is a slight minty tingle--but it is very slight, and it does not bother my lips like most minty-tingling glosses do. I did not see any real plumping, but appreciate that it is minus the extreme tingling. Was going to take off a lippie due to the fact that I do not see any plumping but the color and how it wears and looks and does not get gummy or anything, is a pleasure to wear and looks nice and stays nice, merit this 5 stars for me. Plus the value. I am not a fan in general of the tingling glosses, though.

Not sure if it claims to plump, anyway..? Does pumped up purple just mean like maximum purple or something..? IDK...but I would not call this purple, as it seems more pink than anything. On my lips it sometimes looks kind of mauve. But it is just a very pretty shade nonetheless, that I think many skin tones could wear. I am NC20. Would def re-purchase. I would even pit this against some of the Buxom glosses that I own and I am just as happy with this and I do use this just as often and maybe even more often as the Buxom glosses.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

HG gloss!! I think this is a dupe for Buxom gloss (or as close as you can get). The tingle isn't as strong as with Buxom glosses (sad), but it's there. Because of this, I took off 1 lippy. Instead of spending $19, NYC was less than five dollars. These are WAY more pigmented that other glosses. Pumped Up Purple wears like the perfect pink shade. You can wear this without other makeup, and you'll look really nice. Buy this.

Popular Lip Glosses