Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.3

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not happy with the shades.
Slipped and slid around on my face and never set really well.
Felt waxy and heave to me.
Definitely did not help with shine.

Bought this foundation as it was the only drugstore foundation light enough for my skin when I'm pale. When I felt the consistency it felt oily and I felt it would be quite sheer, which I didn't mind as I just wanted this for every day use. But this foundation sank into and accentuated my pores like I've never seen before.l and made my skin like so much worse. I'm oily to combo, and it's summer so there's no dry skin in sight, and yet this stuff somehow clung to any texture on my skin and made my skin look flakey. It sunk into the follicles of my eyebrow hair and just looked gross. Don't understand how others are giving this good reviews. Similar experience with fit me matte and poreless liquid but this stuff is 10 times worse.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Great foundation with great coverage. I find the stick very practical when I'm in a hurry and it also helps to conceal my undereye area. It blends really nice even with my hands. I bought a darker shade also for contouring and I really like it. I'm not sure about the shine free part because I didn't find it very mattifying.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Already on my second tube - love this stuff.
Covers my roseacea and sun spots pretty well. I find it has medium coverage, but can be built-up for more, which I need around the nose, eyelids, etc.
I have very dry skin, but the "oil-free" part of this doesn't seem to dry up or look cakey

Easily fits in your purse for during the day touch ups. use your fingers or a brush!

The best part about this is the portability! I fly a lot & you don't have to get out the makeup bag at the scanners with this fabulous tube!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this foundation is medium coverage i love it a lot i don't need much to cover so this is good for that i have oily skin and it keeps my oil under control, by the end of the day my face is not a oil silk so i do recommend this product for oily skin

The key to using this foundation stick is to apply and blend IMMEDIATELY after you have applied your moisturiser. I found this really helps to blend the product to achieve a natural look. The first time I tried it, I waited for my moisturiser to sink in and the product didn’t apply well at all and the more I blended the more it ‘pilled’!
Having found the right way to apply I am stocking up on this because it’s not in the shops any more in the UK!! What is amazing about this stick which I have in Natural Beige is the shade that Maybelline have produced. Every brand I try (Mac, Bobbi Brown etc) they don’t seem to be able to produce a nice golden beige tone without it looking orange. Why is this?! It seems that once you have a bit of a tan and aren’t in the porcelain/light range of shades you just get fobbed off with orange tones - Mac being one of the worst offenders.
Finally the staying power of the Fit Me stick: Matte wise this is as good as any and I find it lasts pretty well. What’s more, if you find your red tones showing through you can VERY easily apply a bit more of this so full marks for ease of use. I've only give 3 lippys for the packaging because the lid doesn't stay on that well but application is super quick.
I live in the UK. Would be interested to know if you can still buy in the US?

Was very dissapointed with this product. I am a huge fan of the Maybelline Fit me foundation and when I received this stick for Christmas last year I was very excited to use it. However this product is extremely falsely advertised. It is not long wearing, nor is it anti shine. It clung to my dry patches and sunk right into my pores. It lasted for about 20 minutes before my face began to feel extremely greasy. Has been sitting in the bottom of my collection and I only use it when looking for a cheap concealer to use in Special FX makeup. A seriously dissapointing product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely not for oily skin, despite the fact that its shine free, its a very greasy product
Great coverage tho

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a pretty great foundation, but it is poorly advertised. It is in NO WAY matte, or mattefying. It is a light coverage, semi satin finish. It is obviously made for "young" skin, as any dry patches or healing zits on my 27 year old skin pick up and show this stuff horribly. But, a gentle exfoliation and some moisturizer or primer make this a different story. It makes me look even and glowy. It doesn't break me out, and it's quick to apply. It is in no way as good as the Bobbi brown stick foundation, but it is a fraction of the price, and is a different finish and coverage, and therefore seems to have a different purpose. The maybelline stick is for looking great to go out for coffee with your girlfriends, and only having 10 minutes to make yourself presentable. There is definitely a place in my makeup bag for that type of product

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a nice foundation that I would definitely repurchase. It really keeps my oily nose from breaking up the foundation which is a nice plus. I do feel that after the 8 hour mark that you do start to see some shiny patches of skin. However, for the price and quality, its a good product.