Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 7/14/2015 12:12:00 AM

I use this product to contour I noticed it lasts ALL day for me so I deffinetly love this.

on 7/13/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Purchased this at Target about a week ago for around $6-7 for cream contouring purposes. I have tan skin (NW 42-45ish?) and selected the darkest shade "Coconut"/#355. This is my first time using a twist up, stick foundation . . . the packaging is pretty basic, but does the job. The formula is creamy, pigmented, and blends well. I swipe the foundation stick with a concealer brush and apply it where I want to contour. I then apply my tinted moisturizer and blend away any harsh lines between the two. Overall, I like it. I do find that it helps my bronzer sit a bit better and helps it to look more defined. It's a good, and cheap option for cream contouring. I can't say how it is as an all over foundation though!!

I hate this foundation. For the price, which is around $20 in Australia, you get next to no product. I did not use much each day, but it was finished in two weeks. I have normal, non-sensitive skin, but this foundation really irritated my skin. For the first few hours of wear, my skin was so itchy. The foundation has also really dried out my skin. It looks nice and wears well throughout the day, but for the price, the little product, and the itchiness, it's really not worth it in my opinion.

Hope this helps someone! x

on 6/29/2015 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ladies this makeup is DA BOMB DOT COM!!! I applied this makeup at 7:30 am, straight from the stick onto my skin and smoothed with a sponge. (I had already applied serums, moisturizer, sunscreen and primer.) Very smooth application and buildable to a medium finish. I have dry skin and this did not seem drying, nor overly moist. It set to a semi-matte finish, as promised. It's now 6:00 pm and this Maybelline foundation has worn as good, if not better than my Urban Decay Naked Skin. I am a tad shiney, but face it, your t-zone's going to shine after 6 hours. Now, I know I won't have difficulty taking it off because of my cold cream and shower, but it doesn't seem to be more difficult to remove than any other foundation. What I like, specifically, is your fingers don't get goopy!! Sounds whiney, but I dislike getting foundation all over my fingers, to have to wipe them off and pick up mu brush/sponge. I guess I'm easy to please. Unless this breaks me out, and I rarely break out, this is going to be my 1st choice everyday foundation.

UPDATE: One week later and there is NOTHING I don't like about this product!! I'd say Holy Grail, but when you do that, they change it or discontinue it. I reach for this over UD, MUFE and IT CC cream. Going to buy some in darker colors for contour, like others have mentioned. Yep, still 5 lippies! Would give this product more, if I could.

on 6/9/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I bought it because i wanted something cheap that i could apply with minimal tools. i draw lines over my face and either blend with my fingers or my elf flat top powder brush. i set it with my elf hd powder, and it keeps my severely oily skin relatively matte all day. not much coverage, but it'll do for everyday use.

So I have to say, I am reviewing this as a contour stick. I have not tried it as a foundation at all.

I have had problems finding the right contour color for my skin for so long now. I have pretty light.. about light medium skin tone. But very red/pink undertones.. So to me.. any bronzer I used was either to orangy/reddish on me. Or came out to muddy. I heard about using the Maybelline foundation stick to contour with and decided to give it a try.. I do have to say the price is awesome! I am from California and it cost me $5.99+tax. So very affordable. It is also very blendable. I got the color 330 in toffee caramel ( I believe 2nd to darkest shade) and the color works so well for me. it doesn't look muddy or too orange/red. It doesn't take much to blend it out either. It looks very natural and beautiful. I get compliments all the time on it. There is also a HUGE selection of colors to choose from. I gave the product 5 lippies on everything. Its a affordable price.. packaging is easy and nice to work with. Very blendable. and looks very natural on the skin. The color is actually ( to me anyways) a mix of grey & warmer undertones. Definitely will repurchase and most likely pick up other colors as well to play around with.

( AGAIN! THIS IS AS A CONTOUR STICK>> NOT AS FOUNDATION)

on 5/12/2015 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought these sticks for contouring and they work pretty good. Easy to blend and good colors!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Originally purchased this because Thataylaa on YouTube raved about it, and she has a similar skin type (she's oily and fair skinned) so I went out to try it. Even though this is a stick foundation, it blends out really nicely, and has medium-buildable coverage. Here's where I have a problem with the fit me stick...After about 2 hours I went to look at how this was holding up on my face, and it looked like a greasy nightmare! I could not believe how greasy I was! Not only was I super greasy around my T-zone, but also all over my cheeks, and it was practically dripping off my face. Another thing i'd like to note, I applied this with my sigma F80, and set this with my PP CC+ powder. I noticed this really separated on my face, and looked scaly, and this was only 2 hours of wear! Needless to say, I had nothing left on my face by the end of work that day, I was so embarassed! Lastly, this made me break out sooooooo terribly! I had tiny itchy red acne all over my cheeks, and a terrible breakout of whiteheads. This is definitely one of the worst foundations I have ever tried!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I bought this out of curiosity but I realized I would much prefer a liquid foundation!

I use this mainly as a contour stick in the shade Coconut. Blends very easily for a natural contour or bronzey look. Did not purchase it for foundation purposes because of crappy reviews.