November 24, 2014 | 1137 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by remm022

I found this product to look really cakey. The coverage was okay, you had to build it up to cover acne scars and what not, but by that point it looked really unnatural. Overall, i think it made my skin look old, i'm talking about wrinkly old especially around the mouth area. It definitely has a matte finish but it doesn't last even with a setting powder. it also accentuated my pores and it clung to little bumps/pimples in a very odd and unflattering way. I like the packaging, it was definitely mess free and easy to carry around. Overall, i would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hesitated sooo much before getting this because of the mediocre reviews and being unsure of what color I wanted. But I finally went for it since my old brand was disc/t (and kind of the wrong color anyway). I wanted to try 125 but it was impossible to find so I went with the 115.

I'm glad but I'm actually pleasantly surprised! I find it goes on well and stays pretty decently. I didn't have patchyness problems, which is amazing since I use stick foundation but not quite all over, and then powder foundation over it. So basically, I don't even apply it evenly but it still doesn't get blotchy on me. Yes, it's not the thickest of coverage, it is a little sheer, but I find it works. If I need a bit more coverage in some areas I just add extra concealer underneath. Maybe if people over do the layers it could end up patchy. It has a nice consistancy and just enough weight where it smooths out the little issues but doesn't run or just rinse off at the end of the night without cleanser. It kind of stays where you put it. I'm not oily so I can't speak for the shine reduction, but the finish is pretty nice, almost powdery. I don't feel too dry or clogged at all from it so far.

I got mine with two CVS coupons so I paid like $2 but I always look for sales. Overall, Maybelline isn't my *favorite* brand in general, but I am liking this well enough so far. I also bought the Nyx foundation stick at the same time and I might like this more, but I have to use them more to be sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by adg1216

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love love love this product. I use almost everyday and it last me all day. It's super bendable and easy to apply, whether it's with a blender sponge (my preference) or with brush. The coverage is so great I don't have to use much concealer to cover my problem areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by hbkd

This is a great concealer, especially under the eyes! However, it definitely clogs your pores. But the colors are nice and it's easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Use this on my days with almost clear skin due to fact that it doesn't have good coverage on those types of month .. I like how it does what it says and doesn't leave shine residue and I can use it as it matches my skin , I got mines in the color sand and amazingly I don't have to mix with other foundation . When it goes on sale is when I get them just in case they run out . I like how it stays matte and doesn't cause me to blot the skin . it has lasted me 13 hrs of wear without reapplying .

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by kanovacane

This product is like a sucky concealer stick. Not very blendable or buildable... very sheer, light coverage. Too much work to build up to medium and full .. very blochy at that point. I got this in natural beige (nc25-30) and TOFEE (for the Kim K. contour) i use this before power on the sides of my nose. Just so that I dont feel guilty wasting money. I WILL NOT BUY THIS AGAIN. NOT IMPRESSED.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Tlee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. No. I love me a stick foundation, but this oxidized (even with primer) and them went all blotchy. I was clothes shopping, and looked in the mirror and thought, "Wow. She looks rode hard and put up wet." And I don't mean that in a good way. I'm from Texas.

Stick foundations are so popular, when they work. And it's not like we're reinventing the wheel. BRING BACK L'Oreal's Quik Stick and I'll be happy.

But this, I'm actually returning. I don't usually bother, but this just made me mad.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Laniferous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is completely unsuitable for dry skin. It applied nicely at first, or though more sheer than I would have liked. However, after an hour or so of wear it would start to clump and attach to patches of skin that were even slightly dry. Blotchy doesn't even begin to describe what happened. It was awful.
However, if not for dry skin it could be quite good. The application was easy - fingers and a beauty blender worked well, but a foundation sponge and a foundation flat brush did not - but it was quite sheer. It was difficult to build coveraged because the product moved around too easily. In particular, because it was so slippery, it did not adhere well to problem areas or do anything to cover redness.
I bought three sticks of this product to use for a cream contour and highlight. Due to easy application and blending, I would recommend this product for a quick and not-too-dramatic cream contour.

Would not buy again for dry skin, however it might be okay for other skin types!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Leia3

I have to say, I'm a fan of this product. Good concept. Gives you a dewy yet matt look where you don't need setting powder. If you do, use a minimal amount. It's quite light but you can build for more coverage. It's compact, easy to use and carry. Great for travel and on the go for touch-ups. Overall, I'll definitely purchase again. It's affordable and does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Sniffy50

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love this!! So fast and easy too!