April 20, 2014 | 1009 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Nugen07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very impressed with this foundation. I cannot use foundations with any sort of gray cast because of my very yellow undertone, and this delivers very natural color/coverage. Reading over other reviews, I've notcied most of the negative remarks was that their skin looked oily after a few hours, but considering the form of foundation this is (stick foundations generally offer lightweight coverage) it does a great job of controlling oil. I've found that using a cleanser for oily skin, and non greasy moisturizer defintely helps the overall wear. It glides on smoothly and blends very easily. The best thing is that it costs about $5. Mine only lasted about 3 months (I use it everyday now), but I will definitely repurchse.

Note: Not for dry skin types. I can see this accentuating dry patches of skin. The liquid version of this is okay, definitely moisturizing, but it transfers like crazy for me. Perhaps that may not be the case for drier skin!

Overall: It is worth $5 of your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by dladymuse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am 42 with light skin (type 2, I go for shades like Classic Ivory) and oily complexion with warm undertones and blue eyes. I bought the 120 shade in "Classic Ivory". Shade match of my skin is absolutely perfect!! Honestly don't think I've ever found a foundation that matched my skin so perfectly. The only problem I have with this is it is not shine free at all. After 20 minutes I found I had to blot my face. I tried Maybelline's instant pore eraser first and that made it worse. I used my Vichy face cream and that didn't help either. I tried using a pore tightening toner before I used this foundation and that didn't help. It's just too greasy for my skin sadly. I've decided I'm just going to stick to my mineral powder foundation. It's the only thing that gives me a flawless oil free face. Right now I'm using L'Oreal's True Match mineral foundation, which is my HG atm, but unfortunately they have discontinued their mineral line, so I'm going to try Physician's formula mineral line next, but that's another story! I think I'm done with cream and stick foundations for good. Just too much $ going down the drain on wasted products. Price for this foundation wasn't bad, under $10 I think at my drugstore, and I live in Canada. I do love the small tube and portability and no mess formula of this foundation though. *Sigh* can't have a perfect world. I will not be buying this foundation again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Shaunalouise

I tried this for the first time a few days ago after reading both good and bad reviews and I have to say I was pleasantly suprised. Most mornings I get out of bed 10 minutes before I'm supposed to leave for work and never have time to do my usual liquid foundation routine so this little stick is very handy! It glides on very smoothly and is easy to blend in with either fingers or a makeup brush, I use shade 220 which matches perfectly - better than any other liquid foundation I have. Some foundations can go shiny after a few hours but this doesnt seem to with this, the coverage is medium which is fine for work/everyday use. I would still use my liquid foundation for going out on the weekend and special occasions for more coverage. The packaging is cute and handy to take in your purse but im not sure how long the stick itself would last with everyday use.
Overall this is great for if you need to do your makeup in a hurry and want medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by LittleArtist

I bought this from my local drugstore for only $3.50. I don't know if this was a mistake on the sales assistants behalf but it was a bargain. I'm quite impressed with this product. I use 110 and find its a perfect colour match for me. It blends easily and I'm left with an even skin without a cake faced look. Very impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by plumbat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Shine free? Not at all! I've never used a foundation that has left me so shiny and greasy. It's nice to apply but I can barely cover the shine right after it's applied with a matteifying powder directly after. I do have very oily skin but Revlon Colorstay foundation usually holds for about 4 hours. This barely holds for 2. I'm disappointed since it actually has a shine free core. and does nothing to combat shine o. my face anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Flossie2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like the concept of this foundation but not so much what it does. The idea of a foundation in a stick is great; it's very quick to apply and is portable although not sure that cap would stay on in my purse. Just swipe the stick directly on your face or onto a sponge and away you go. I have oily skin and this foundation works well; for dry skin it might be a problem. There is no oil breakthrough at all. Although lightweight this foundation is buildable up to a point. Apply too much and it starts to look cakey, and weird. My two biggest complaints is how it looks later in the day. Like many compact cream to powder foundations this starts to look patchy and well, a bit ghoulish once you've had it on several hours. Something with the formula breaks down and all these shadows appear. I have also had problems finding the perfect color. 120 though light is a bit too dark for me and 110 is really too light. I'm in between. Could go to the trouble of blending the two together but think I'll go back to my Cover Girl Sensitive oil free makeup in Classic Ivory; a perfect match for my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by AmeliaRad

Overall, this foundation is pretty good! A dream to blend and the shade I got fits me perfectly, the Fit Me line really gets my skintone. I wouldn't say the product is very high coverage but it is blendable, clings onto dry patches really badly but I don't often have dry patches so it's ok for me. The only complaint I have, is that while it's easy to blend, it dries to an almost powder finish, so no powder is needed, yet it still feels a little moist on my skin. I choose to set it with a spray. Very mattifying though, I would recommend :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I actually found my shade but nope, it tricked me once I left it on for over an hour. The whole fitme range is ridiculous. I found that the light shades (110-120) for the stick foundation were made for red undertone. The texture is odd, applied like cream, wait a moment then it'll feel powdery then moist again on the skin. On another note, the price. It's retailed for $15.95 in Australia and there's not even three months worth of product in the tube. I doubt it'll last a month on a daily use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

If you have oilly skin, you will love this. Dry skin, run! It'll amplify your flakes like a pressed powder. I love how fast and easy this is to apply. The coverage is medium, so it covers yet looks natural. I don't find I need to reapply often. Washes off easy. Wonderful for your purse, or make up drawer. I keep buying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by rayetaanimefreak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It has nice coverage and lasts all day. I use this as my everyday foundation. A total repurchase.