August 1, 2014 | 1664 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The foundation itself does not wow me. It has medium coverage and a nice texture, but it needs to be reapplied every 3 or 4 hours, even with a good primer underneath. I am lucky, though, because it happens that the Fit Me line includes my most perfect color match ever--I got this in #220 "Natural Beige" for reference--which makes this foundation stick THE most practical, convenient product ever. I can swipe it on during my morning commute and blend with my fingers and know I won't have any obvious lines. However, because I know color match isn't something to rate the quality of a product on, I'm taking off 2 lippies.
Bottom line: the stick makes this a great product to keep in your purse for touch ups, but this will never be my go-to foundation since its staying power is horrendous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by SusieQ013

I just bought my 2nd tube, I like this a lot. the packaging is cute and simple and is so easy to apply. The only downside I see is that it fades pretty quickly. This foundation is so light and perfect for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is good for the following reasons:
1. Sheer to medium coverage unlike many foundation sticks which provide full coverage.
2. Matte but still very natural looking.
3. Wide variety of shades so you could own some to contour and highlight.
4. Very easy to blend with fingers or a brush.
5. Reasonably priced
6. Portable and convenient for touch ups.

I use the shade 220 for my NC30 skin and it looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by makeupismyfoundation

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this product was amazing for my super oily, acne prone skin. it stayed all day (even in heat!) and kept me matte for a long time. it is a great foundation, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by windsor

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have suffered from Rosacea for 40 years and have been searching endlessly for a foundation that does not make me break out, and ladies, this is it. This product stays on, doesn't clog pores, no breakouts. I am sixty years old and its been a long time coming. Stay away from all powders, bare minerals, Cover Fx etc they will make your rosacea crazy. Bismuth oxycholoride is in most of these products a known rosacea irritant, the makers of cover fx ought to know better they are dermatologists.

Thank you Maybelline.............

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

Update : So as much as I like this I hate how it just broke in half

==============================================================

I got the Maybelline stick foundation in 220 , I like that its in a stick because it just glides on my face is and is easy to blend . its really good for traveling . its light coverage if you apply one application but it you add two layers then you get med- to full coverage . I apply mine with powder so leave it less shinny . I would maybe buy it again if it would make me look oily

Pros -
Glides on easy
Good for people just starting off with makeup
Last long
Covers redness really well

Cons -
Makes you look oily or shinny
Needs to be set with powder
Makes dry skin look oily
Shows pore

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by nostalgia496

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation didn't break me out! The first of a few I've used. My skin is seriously acne prone (I think especially to titanium dioxide- an ingredient found in majority of foundations and powders) and this foundation didn't give me any acne! This has medium to full coverage (depends on how you apply) and is easy to blend. I don't think this kept me 'shine-free' but it didn't make me oily either. The price was reasonable ($15 Australia) but the packaging seemed a little tacky. I found my broke at the base when I brought it out with me :/
Overall I recommend this foundation and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by madison810

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is one of my holy grails. The actual product is great because it's the perfect amount of coverage for me (sheer-medium) and is very build able. I only have this product 4 lipsticks because I wouldn't say this is a shine free foundation because I still have to set it with a powder so I stay matte, but to me, it isn't a problem since I always set my makeup with a powder. The price would be one lipstick, but it makes no sense to me that the liquid foundation is cheaper then the stick form, even though there is less product in the stick form. Lastly the packaging isn't the greatest because the cap cracked and now the product doesn't close securely, unless I tape the cracked part. Although there are some problems with this foundation, it is still my HG because of the actual foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have normal to slightly dry skin. Wearing shade 220 (one of the lightest colors in the medium category)--best for light-medium skin tone with neutral and/or very subtle olive undertone. Love this cream-to-powder foundation! Love the color and performance. Easy, fun application. I just dot over redness and then smooth out with a sponge. Natural looking, sheer/light to medium coverage but manages to even skin tone and neutralize redness. Soft, powdery matte finish.

I love the way my skin feels and looks while I'm wearing it and after I wash it off. Seems to improve the overall condition of my skin. Does not irritate my hypersensitive skin in the least. In fact, it seems to calm and soothe my skin.

I don't have oily skin so I don't know if this controls shine or not. As to the shine problems others are having with this product, perhaps that has more to do with what you are wearing under the foundation rather than the foundation itself. I don't usually wear a daytime moisturizer. I did one day and applied this foundation over it. My face shined all day (looked awful!) but did not feel the least bit greasy. When I apply this foundation over clean, bare skin or even over a salicylic treatment, I have absolutely no problems with shine at all.

Also, you must let this foundation completely set/dry before doing the rest of your makeup. If you don't give it time to dry, you will have problems with slippage/smearing/smudging. It takes some time, maybe as long as ten minutes. Wait until it has become totally powdery to the touch. If you check it and it's still a little tacky feeling, wait a little longer. Must be completely set/dry before proceeding with eye makeup, blush, etc.

As we age, it becomes increasingly difficult to wear powders. I think this foundation offers a beautiful option for women with mature skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just finished up a tube of this stuff today. Basically, I can't tell a difference in oil control, which it claims to: control oil. My shade for the summer is 220. The finish is okay, at best medium and that's if you build it up and even then, some of my redness shows through it. Packaging is great and convenient, no problems at all with the design. I've just been wearing it a lot lately to the gym, errands, etc. so I can use it up and move on. It's jush... meh. Moving on. I wouldn't buy again.