October 2, 2014 | 991 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Evanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good coverage. But its confusing to pick your shade because of the anti shine core. It does get kind of may I say oily. But its easy to blend out. I probably won't recommend it,I'd say with Revlon 24 hr foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by melcharles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a perfect foundation for a while now... I cant say I have yet, but with all the foundations I do have, I find myself always going back to this one!
I can say that amoungst drugstore brands, this one is definitely one of the best!
It claims to be made for oily skin, and my skin is extremely oily so I decided to give it a try. I cant say that this has controlled or reduced shine, but I do like the dewy look, and I dont feel like I look like a grease-ball by the end of the day and I don't feel the product on my face. It's very light.
I looove the packaging (stick format). I think its fun to use and it makes the application easy. You only need a few strokes and the coverage is also buildable. It can go from sheer to medium to full! I wasnt too sure how to spread the foundation and I find that the coverage is not as even when I use a brush...I like to apply it with my fingers, I find that I get a more even spread.
I would say that the consistency is a cream to powder.
I would recommend and definitely purchase again for work days or to run errands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say this is probably the 6th time I sat down to type this review & I am going to post it finally, well at least I hope to. So it says something that Im willing to keep trying just so I can tell you all how much I have enjoyed this gem from the drugstore. I have to say I generally like Maybelline products but face products normally don't work for me, the main reason being they are way too dark/orange for me but this one I finally found something I can use and actually use it almost everyday now!
~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick can be readily found in most drugstores like Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens as well as mass discount stores like KMart, Target & Walmart. Price & availability will vary according to your location as well as sales, discounts, & coupons. Maybelline is pretty good about having coupons in Sunday paper or even included on the products. Generally, the SF Foundation Stick costs around $6-8. I purchased mine at Walmart for $4.97 since I had a $1 off coupon. This is affordable & esp for the product since similar products will cost 4x as much. I will def be able to buy a backup which makes me even happier!
~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick is a great stick foundation. Maybelline claims that. This is a great easy to apply cream stick foundation. Similar stick foundations, in my past experience, were either too waxy or thick. The formula is amazing. Its a cream but applies easily, blends easily and is not waxy or thick. The gel formula is very unique in a way that its light & powder like when blending. This blends easily with fingers, brush or sponge. I typically use a damp sponge or a dense brush depending on how much coverage Id like for that day. This can be built up in layers if needed. Finally, the lightest shade 110 Porcelain Ivory is a true pale porcelain shade that is cool toned. This actually matches my super pale skin. There is 12 available shades.I normally love Maybelline foundations but they are always too dark. Not with this. I love the shade. It matches my undertone & skin tone. I could use this alone but I typically apply this in areas that I would like to even out and lighten, which is the inside area of face. I love using this on areas that I have redness, larger pores & uneven skin. The coverage is light to medium. It covers most of the previous mentioned issues I have. This will NOT cover blemishes or zits so a concealer is def needed. This has a satin finish that looks lovely since it allows the skin to show. I do not prefer full/heavy coverage so if that is what you are looking for, skip this. I have normal to dry skin & this has not dried out or emphasized dry area. I primer my skin with either a BB Cream or a silicone based primer like Elf or Monistat so that will also determine how this sits on the skin. What I love about the formula is that its a lightweight formula that keeps shine away, covers well, & allows my skin to breath & does not feel heavy or sticky. It doesn't feel like I have makeup on which some foundations do. I think this will work good for those looking for a light coverage, satin, skin like foundation. The wear time for me is around 6+ hrs then I do see slight fading. This is not the longest wearing foundation. It could be reapplied throughout day but I do not do that. So if that's possible for me, this will be good. I just refuse to reapply makeup. This could be built up w/ out caking on the face. I really do enjoy how smooth my skin feels w/ this on there. I love the formula & shade & the fact that it looks like skin. This probably won't work for alot of people since I see more oily skin gals/guys having major issues w/ this. I have purchased a back up since I have found this is a great highlighting like foundation for me which I've never found til now. I think Im going to purchase a darker shade for contouring. I actually will place this on top of other foundations for natural highlighting and it looks amazing! So Im going to try a darker shade next. I have a back up. As a foundation alone, its great for running errands or days I am in a hurry. It evens out my skin & makes me look more put together. This may work even better as a highlighting or contouring stick though for others.
~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick comes in a hand sized plastic twist up stick. The product twists up & down easily with no issues. The stick is black plastic with a clear see through lid. This is where I have issues. My current stick lid has a slight crack, even with no traveling or rough handling, and since then my lid will not stay on. Its always sliding off the top as soon as I pick it up. It initially snapped shut but now it just sits on there. I store mine upside down now to try to prevent any drying of the product. I could depot this but I like the convenience of the stick. The stick is super convenient since you can apply this straight to the face from stick or if you think this is unhygienic, you can apply w/ fingers or with a brush. I just wipe off top when Im done since I rub on stripes onto my face and then blend. There is 0.32 oz which isn't a ton of product but a little blends a long way but I do wish there was a bit more product since for the price, most drugstore foundations have 1 fl oz. The stick is super convenient, the stick is sleek and simple, black and top has a window see through with Maybelline logo & product name on the bottom part of the stick. The shade name is located on the bottom of the stick. I just wish my lid would stay on but otherwise, practical. That's what I like, practical.
Overall, this is def one of my most reached for face products. But beware, this is not the best foundation out there by any means but I have found it works great for me. I have really come to enjoy the formula and esp how I can now highlight naturally with foundation like I have never been able to. Love it

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by JoeyRCB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually love this foundation. I got the shade Classic Ivory 120 which is a good fit. For reference, I wear Fairly Light in Bare Minerals Original Foundation, and NW 20 in MAC.

This is the foundation I grab for day to day errands or outings. I don't think this foundation will provide you with great all-day wear, and this is not the one to choose when you want a lot of coverage. I don't like a lot of coverage. I have decent skin and after I apply foundation, I still want it to look like natural, naked skin. With this foundation, if you get right up in my face, you can still see a little redness coming through and you can spy a couple of broken capillaries-- and that's OK with me! Once I pile on bronzer, blush and setting powder, I have a good all-over look but again if you want full coverage you might want to skip this one.

I use it basically like a large stick concealer. I just mark a thin line on my chin where I have redness, and I mark a thin line on each cheek where I also have redness. I am not using it as an all over foundation so I can't speak for how it works like that. I use my Real Techniques Stippling Brush or my Elf Stippling Brush to work the foundation in and I've found that's the best method for me. You can't really build this foundation and if you go in with a second coat, it's going to look cakey and unattractive. You also want to moisturize well, especially if you're like me --close to 40 with little dry patches that pop up here and there in the Winter. For me, this foundation will cling to dry patches if I don't moisturize well but in all fairness, so will all my others!

I think that about sums it up! If you want flawless full coverage, you may want to skip this one but if you're just running to the store and want "no makeup-makeup" you may really like this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wore this foundation ALL YEAR last year . it was my favorite low end foundation i used shade ( 240 Golden beige ) its the perfect shade for medium complexion women with yellow or golden undertones . in the ( NC40-NC35 ) Section .
This foundation is gorgeous , very smooth going on , blends in the skin effortlessly ,has a nice semi matte finish , Light - Medium Coverage and very NATURAL looking .

There's only two cons about this foundation .
1st It gives a horrible flash back , the shade i have is perfect for me even when i take normal pictures it looks great , BUT WHEN I TAKE FLASH PICTURES .. its NOT CUTE , and not only does it have a flash back , BUT it has no SPF ..
which i thought is weird because most Foundations that have a flashback has SPF in it .
The 2nd Con is YOU WILL GET OILY after a couple hours ESPECIALLY if you have a oily combination skin like me , and if you wear this foundation without a primer it will start to fade with in 4 hours or so , BUT it will fade in a natural way .
Overall i still love this foundation , i just don't wear it out at night or anywhere special if im going to take pictures , i strictly wear this foundation in the day to save my more expensive foundation . I Wear this foundation to places like when i'm going to classes , to the store , to the mall , work and any normal basic thing in the day that i do .

I do think this foundation is a great natural looking foundation , especially if your looking for a daily foundation to use so you don't have to use your expensive ones . it just has a horrible flashback and should be worn with a decent primer . Btw the price is amazing its 5-7 dollars . def worth trying .

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Mulan1

This foundation stick is ok. It doesn't provide a lot of coverage, but it's a great foundation to use when you're lazy to apply liquid and when you're on the go with little time to get ready. It covers a little redness and minimizes the appearance of redness. I think I'd pick this up again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Rhiannonblackbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this isn't for anyone with dry spots. I grabs onto any flakes and turns then into to giant scaly beacons of nastyness.
I does give okay coverage and stays okay on my oily spots. And the stick means it's super easy to bring with you and use on the go. I think if I was oily to normal this would be a good foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Tooooorrrrrrriiiiiiii

Not a bad foundation works great on good skin days but on others it just defines any friend patches I have. Over winter my forehead gets very dry and my t-zone gets oily I found it just didn't suit my skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave this product a 5/5 because for ME, I wanted a light/sheer coverage stick foundation for days when I didn't want to put on tinted moisturizer, but wanted to tone down redness around my nose and mouth. I don't have oily skin, so I cant comment on the 'oil control' part, but I swipe it on around my nose, on my nose, chin and a touch on my forehead and either blend with my fingers or a mac foundation brush, then a light powder. I use this on days where my skin is looking good, but could use a little help and I don't want to cover it all up. You can't beat the price at less than $10 CAN on sale either and I love how you just twist it up. I'm sure this wont be enough coverage for most folks, but if your skin really is healthy for the most part and you just need a little bit of a touch up, this should do it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Steelhead242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed an SPF free foundation for a client to avoid white face in pics for a party. This blended easily with an F80 brush no problem. My client updated me later in the day and said it stayed on well. Will use again.