October 25, 2014 | 877 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

I L-O-V-E this foundation. It goes on smooth and easy. This is the easiest foundation in the world- I just swipe it directly on my face in a downward motion and blend with my fingers. I do it in the car on some mornings! I find it's best to go in a downward motion, which will matte the hair on your face down- If you go against the grain of the hair, it'll accentuate them, giving you that powder-y, downy look. The waxes in the formula will make the hairs stand up lol.

This gives a satin finish. It's not totally matte (thank god), so it doesn't look unnatural. However, it WILL keep you from getting shiny throughout the day. I would say this is a medium to full coverage foundation, but you can build coverage without looking unnatural.

If you sweat when you work (like I do) the sweat will bead on the foundation, rather than making it run, which tends to happen with liquid foundations. Again, this is thanks to the waxy components of the formula. This looks weird, but it's a good thing, cause you can just pat the sweat off with some paper towels or toilet paper, and the foundation will look almost as good as it did before the sweat. I do tend to reapply after sweating, as some of it will come off.

This stuff covers my post-breakout dark spots as well as any and all redness. I don't even have to use my concealer.

I love the Fitme liquid foundation as well. I wear 120 in both stick and liquid, but the liquid foundation is darker. Despite this, the Fitme line has shades for almost anyone. The foundation doesn't have any weird undertones- not pink, yellow, or ashy looking! Despite the waxes (necessary to keep a stick foundation in a stick), it's not too heavy at all and doesn't break me out. It's truly one of the best drugstore foundations you can buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by shannonroach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried the Maybelline Fit Me! Liquid Foundation and I absolutely HATED it, but this one is so fantastic! I can use this foundation on-the-go since it's so easy to just glide it on your face, blend it in and go!
I got the lightest shade in 110 and it matches my skin tone perfectly.
It can get oily so touch ups are required but I honestly love this foundation!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

This product has an awesome concept: gel stick with powder core, easy & fast application. That's about where it stops. I purchased natural beige 220 and it seemed to be a nice match, but the problem is I felt this offered NO coverage. I put small streaks of the stick around my face, across forhead, and down nose/chin area then stippled with a rounded kabuki brush. I set the foundation with ELF HD finishing powder. I had to be careful because I never felt like this foundation "set". It just kind of layered on my face. I've used other pan foundations and they will usually dry after a few minutes, this one never seemed to reach that point. A few hours later I had a silicone-like feel everywhere. My freckles and age spots were still fairly visible, the foundation settled into fine lines as the day progressed. I even gave this foundation a couple of tries before writing this review. Sadly it's in my give-away pile. I feel this might offer a great sheer coverage if you are looking for a quick-easy light coverage, and don't have a lot of imperfections you are trying to hide.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by vur1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff! I use it to contour my face and it works very well! I am impressed. I haven't tried it as a foundation yet, so I can't comment about that. But if you are looking to highlight and contour I would recommend this! Especially if you do your makeup shopping at a drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by BGutwein

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this stick in Classic Ivory #120. This is a great match for my skin - literally blends right in, no orange tones at all. I have never found a stick foundation that matches like that. I use a beauty sponge to apply this to my skin. I am not a fan of just swiping the stick where I want it. The beauty blender allows me to add more coverage and to stipple it where I need more coverage. This is definetly not a full coverage item, more like light to medium. I do like how softly it applys and when adding more coverage, it does not cake. I love stick foundations, my favorite was Loreal's Quik Stick which has long been discontinued. The color match can be difficult due to the anti-shine core, but I used the liquid foundation to use as a basis. The classic ivory colors seemed to match really well and took the gamble of getting the stick and trying it out. I am glad I did.

The price for this stick ranges between $6-8 from where you purchase. I always use cosmetic coupons before buying something new, this way I can either store it away for later use or return for some $$ back. I do find that this is not long wearing makeup, but it does not cake for rub off completly. I only noticed a small touch up needed to certain areas; around the nose, and middle of the chin - most areas people touch during the day.

I definetly would purchase this again as a quick out the door stick. I have been trying to go minimal for a year now and this is a excellent item to help me look polished and not over done.

This stick could work well if the application is done correctly. Some people resort to using the stick itself, their fingers or a beauty blender. Try it out and play around before giving up on this item. You might find a technique that works best for you. The convience and space saving of this item is great. Perfect on the go makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by victoryrose

I use this when I'm in a hurry and I have to cover some skin. I use it as a primer, and then add some powder.
It's not that bad but I feel that doesn't cover much and doesn't last long either. I don't seem to find the matte effect at all.
I won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Evanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good coverage. But its confusing to pick your shade because of the anti shine core. It does get kind of may I say oily. But its easy to blend out. I probably won't recommend it,I'd say with Revlon 24 hr foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by melcharles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a perfect foundation for a while now... I cant say I have yet, but with all the foundations I do have, I find myself always going back to this one!
I can say that amoungst drugstore brands, this one is definitely one of the best!
It claims to be made for oily skin, and my skin is extremely oily so I decided to give it a try. I cant say that this has controlled or reduced shine, but I do like the dewy look, and I dont feel like I look like a grease-ball by the end of the day and I don't feel the product on my face. It's very light.
I looove the packaging (stick format). I think its fun to use and it makes the application easy. You only need a few strokes and the coverage is also buildable. It can go from sheer to medium to full! I wasnt too sure how to spread the foundation and I find that the coverage is not as even when I use a brush...I like to apply it with my fingers, I find that I get a more even spread.
I would say that the consistency is a cream to powder.
I would recommend and definitely purchase again for work days or to run errands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say this is probably the 6th time I sat down to type this review & I am going to post it finally, well at least I hope to. So it says something that Im willing to keep trying just so I can tell you all how much I have enjoyed this gem from the drugstore. I have to say I generally like Maybelline products but face products normally don't work for me, the main reason being they are way too dark/orange for me but this one I finally found something I can use and actually use it almost everyday now!
~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick can be readily found in most drugstores like Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens as well as mass discount stores like KMart, Target & Walmart. Price & availability will vary according to your location as well as sales, discounts, & coupons. Maybelline is pretty good about having coupons in Sunday paper or even included on the products. Generally, the SF Foundation Stick costs around $6-8. I purchased mine at Walmart for $4.97 since I had a $1 off coupon. This is affordable & esp for the product since similar products will cost 4x as much. I will def be able to buy a backup which makes me even happier!
~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick is a great stick foundation. Maybelline claims that. This is a great easy to apply cream stick foundation. Similar stick foundations, in my past experience, were either too waxy or thick. The formula is amazing. Its a cream but applies easily, blends easily and is not waxy or thick. The gel formula is very unique in a way that its light & powder like when blending. This blends easily with fingers, brush or sponge. I typically use a damp sponge or a dense brush depending on how much coverage Id like for that day. This can be built up in layers if needed. Finally, the lightest shade 110 Porcelain Ivory is a true pale porcelain shade that is cool toned. This actually matches my super pale skin. There is 12 available shades.I normally love Maybelline foundations but they are always too dark. Not with this. I love the shade. It matches my undertone & skin tone. I could use this alone but I typically apply this in areas that I would like to even out and lighten, which is the inside area of face. I love using this on areas that I have redness, larger pores & uneven skin. The coverage is light to medium. It covers most of the previous mentioned issues I have. This will NOT cover blemishes or zits so a concealer is def needed. This has a satin finish that looks lovely since it allows the skin to show. I do not prefer full/heavy coverage so if that is what you are looking for, skip this. I have normal to dry skin & this has not dried out or emphasized dry area. I primer my skin with either a BB Cream or a silicone based primer like Elf or Monistat so that will also determine how this sits on the skin. What I love about the formula is that its a lightweight formula that keeps shine away, covers well, & allows my skin to breath & does not feel heavy or sticky. It doesn't feel like I have makeup on which some foundations do. I think this will work good for those looking for a light coverage, satin, skin like foundation. The wear time for me is around 6+ hrs then I do see slight fading. This is not the longest wearing foundation. It could be reapplied throughout day but I do not do that. So if that's possible for me, this will be good. I just refuse to reapply makeup. This could be built up w/ out caking on the face. I really do enjoy how smooth my skin feels w/ this on there. I love the formula & shade & the fact that it looks like skin. This probably won't work for alot of people since I see more oily skin gals/guys having major issues w/ this. I have purchased a back up since I have found this is a great highlighting like foundation for me which I've never found til now. I think Im going to purchase a darker shade for contouring. I actually will place this on top of other foundations for natural highlighting and it looks amazing! So Im going to try a darker shade next. I have a back up. As a foundation alone, its great for running errands or days I am in a hurry. It evens out my skin & makes me look more put together. This may work even better as a highlighting or contouring stick though for others.
~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~
Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick comes in a hand sized plastic twist up stick. The product twists up & down easily with no issues. The stick is black plastic with a clear see through lid. This is where I have issues. My current stick lid has a slight crack, even with no traveling or rough handling, and since then my lid will not stay on. Its always sliding off the top as soon as I pick it up. It initially snapped shut but now it just sits on there. I store mine upside down now to try to prevent any drying of the product. I could depot this but I like the convenience of the stick. The stick is super convenient since you can apply this straight to the face from stick or if you think this is unhygienic, you can apply w/ fingers or with a brush. I just wipe off top when Im done since I rub on stripes onto my face and then blend. There is 0.32 oz which isn't a ton of product but a little blends a long way but I do wish there was a bit more product since for the price, most drugstore foundations have 1 fl oz. The stick is super convenient, the stick is sleek and simple, black and top has a window see through with Maybelline logo & product name on the bottom part of the stick. The shade name is located on the bottom of the stick. I just wish my lid would stay on but otherwise, practical. That's what I like, practical.
Overall, this is def one of my most reached for face products. But beware, this is not the best foundation out there by any means but I have found it works great for me. I have really come to enjoy the formula and esp how I can now highlight naturally with foundation like I have never been able to. Love it

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by JoeyRCB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually love this foundation. I got the shade Classic Ivory 120 which is a good fit. For reference, I wear Fairly Light in Bare Minerals Original Foundation, and NW 20 in MAC.

This is the foundation I grab for day to day errands or outings. I don't think this foundation will provide you with great all-day wear, and this is not the one to choose when you want a lot of coverage. I don't like a lot of coverage. I have decent skin and after I apply foundation, I still want it to look like natural, naked skin. With this foundation, if you get right up in my face, you can still see a little redness coming through and you can spy a couple of broken capillaries-- and that's OK with me! Once I pile on bronzer, blush and setting powder, I have a good all-over look but again if you want full coverage you might want to skip this one.

I use it basically like a large stick concealer. I just mark a thin line on my chin where I have redness, and I mark a thin line on each cheek where I also have redness. I am not using it as an all over foundation so I can't speak for how it works like that. I use my Real Techniques Stippling Brush or my Elf Stippling Brush to work the foundation in and I've found that's the best method for me. You can't really build this foundation and if you go in with a second coat, it's going to look cakey and unattractive. You also want to moisturize well, especially if you're like me --close to 40 with little dry patches that pop up here and there in the Winter. For me, this foundation will cling to dry patches if I don't moisturize well but in all fairness, so will all my others!

I think that about sums it up! If you want flawless full coverage, you may want to skip this one but if you're just running to the store and want "no makeup-makeup" you may really like this one.