September 17, 2014 | 1281 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sedona Lace - Synthetic Large Paddle 919

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the 12 piece Midnight Lace brush set with cupholder from Sedona Lace, and am so happy :-) Although, I have only used the large powder brush (376) so far to apply my MAC Studio Careblend pressed powder and my Wet N Wild "Reserve Your Cabana" bronzer, but I can truly attest to the GREAT quality of these brushes by Sedona Lace. It is incredibly soft and plush...it feels like massaging velvet onto your skin!! Nor does it shed at all! I had no idea what I was missing in makeup brushes until I discovered these. Included in this set is also a Duo Fibre brush (813) that is comparable to MAC's 187; and, honestly, I prefer my Sedona Lace over my MAC for everyday use. I know...I know...I wrote a RAVE review for my MAC 187 but that was before I fell in love with my Sedona Lace 813. MAC's is soft as well but nit as soft as the Duo Fibre by Sedona Lace, and the MAC 187 is a lot more expensive ($50); whereas, I got the 813 plus eleven other brushes AND a cupholder from Sedona Lace for $80. A tremondous buy in my opnion! I definitely recommend this set if you are looking to make a good investment that will likely last a while and do a great job at makeup application.
~A. Starr

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've seen alot of claims for this Sedona Lace brush. Its supposed to be a super soft synthetic cruelty free multipurpose brush that will "cut your makeup time in half" suitable for creams, liquids and powders. Basically its a wide flattish slightly dense fluffy face powder brush that you can turn on the side to apply blushers and contours, and if you just use the very tips its also good for highlighting too. When you've finished you can go over the whole look to blend it all in. Not having to switch around brushes does save a bit of time. It is very wide so it covers the face quickly and it is well shaped with a graduated taper so it quickly distributes the powder evenly and smoothly with less blending than many other of my brushes. It works well on small areas of the body. I like it for putting bronzer down the neck and decolletage. It builds up color gradually but quickly and evenly. I like I don't have to go over areas to blend streaks like some of my standard bronzer brushes. I found it worked best with powder makeup (setting, mineral, blush, highlighter ect). Not so good with liquids and not at all with creams. It does feel luxuriously soft on skin. Doesn't shed.

Well thats a review for the brush but I just want to mention this craze for "Cruelty-free" stuff. I think its a gimmick to sell more stuff that is counter-productive to the planet. I know alot of people are really into this but don't think that is a good enough reason alone to buy any product. The entire life cycle of the product, how much it is used, and how long it lasts has to be taken into account as EVERYTHING has a cost one way or other. This brush in particular is good so far and if I keep using it and it lasts, and if it stops me buying more powder brushes, then yes, I'd say it was excellent quality and recommend it in the end. However, just buying synthetic products that don't work or aren't used much then thrown into the rubbish in a vague hope of "helping animals not suffer" doesn't make much sense to me. That "rubbish" has to go somewhere, and what does it do when it gets there? Well its buried in the earth/environment, the synthetic plastics its made of break down into toxic chemicals, which migrates into the oceans and gets into the waterways and the earths rain-fall where all the animals live and eat and drink from. Water gets polluted, animals, insects, plants and humans get sick, ice melts and polar bears drown. If you are really serious about cruelty free I suggest you worry less about brushes and buy fewer, quality things that last, own less, and pass on things you now longer need. And for the really keen, wear grass shoes and clothes without any synthetic fibres or faux leather components that use a ton of chemicals to make. Just plants, plants, plants dyed with lots of dull old natural dye pigments. Can you do that?

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No