July 29, 2014 | 2067 users online

Crème - Guerlain - Parure de Lumiere

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I recently got combo/slightly dry skin so I definitely needed a new foundation.

This is a medium to full coverage foundation that has a heavy scent and a tacky feel upon application. It stays on for a fairly long time but it's too thick on my t-zone and undereye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Amandaa

I looove this foundation, it makes my skin look flawless and so perfect, applies really easy and smells fantastic. The cream consistence is just a dream to work with, the packaging so luxurious and the most important: lasts all day either in hot or cold conditions,a must for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ETA: I didn't see this was the 'cream' one see my review for the liquid

My newest addition to my collection of 'caskets', the morbid description my husband uses to describe Guerlain foundation/primer bottle shape. Moisturizes!!!! Luminous!!! For dry days. Better coverage than lingerie dr peau but not as much as parure extreme. Winter staple.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite foundations are by Guerlain (Parure Gold and Lingerie De Peau) but after much consideration I decided that I didn't like this one. The Parure Lumiere offers a little more coverage than the LDP if you are speaking about one thin layer, however the LDP is much more buildable. The PL tended to sit like a gel on top of the skin, and it's very shiny. I tried using a bit more of my translucent powder to set, but it didn't really help the problem. I tried this on humid days as well as non-humid days with the same result. The shade range runs just a tad lighter than LDP and quite a bit lighter than the Parure Gold. All of the Guerlain tend to oxidize a little on me, so keep that in mind when you are swatching. I would choose the LDP over this foundation. It's just dewy enough to look nice, and it's got buildable coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Magex

Probably the best foundation I ever used.
I have light coloured skin and I am mostly Asian (maybe 75%-85% genes). I am using 02 Beige Clair. It's a bit lighter than my complexion in summer when I have a light tan, but it's beautiful and blends perfectly.

I am using the Moisture and Comfort version, which is the one in a little jar as opposed to the pump bottle.

The first thing you will notice is the very gorgeous and stylish jar it comes in. It has a very luxurious feel. It's heavy and beautifully shaped jar make you want to treat it as something precious.

Usage: Firstly, you get a little paddle inside to scoop out a small amount of foundation, very hygenic. I scoop it onto the backside of my hand, and I apply the foundation straight with my fingers, but you can ofcourse use a brush.
It has a very nice thickness, in that its thick enough to cover large pores and even out skin tone. It is light refracting, so it looks beautiful at all angles. Also you can recover dark spots or liver spots, it is thick enough to work that way too with some skill.

Very comfortable foundation, highly recommended.

Only one draw back is, I noticed the foundation has started to spoil (feeling astringent on my skin) about 3 months after I bought it for possibly one of the following reasons:

1) Paddle hygiene - I guess you should really keep this scooper paddle totally disinfected each time!
2) Summer weather - my room is now hotter and probably more moist

Try to take care of those two items and you might have the perfect foundation! Yesterday I used this foundation in modelling shots, and just some simple mascara, and he thought I looked great!