Rimmel Lasting Finish - Kate Moss 10

4.5

on 1/12/2015 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Best red lipstick by far!! This lipstick will last all day and will only fade in the center of my lips after eating and drinking. I always get a ton of compliments when I wear this lipstick. It is not drying at all. My go to red for sure!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absoultly love this line of lipsticks! this color of red is perfect on my skin tone and it never smears. I dont even have to have a lipliner when i wear it. Another plus is that it dosent dry out your lips! i love thos line so much i own about 10 differnt colors from this line

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is such a gorgeous red. I think it really looks different depending on your skin tone--I can see how it could look magenta or pink as another reviewer posted, but on me it's a very blue-toned red. Just a hint of vampiness. For ref, I'm NC40ish and I have dark hair and olive tones. It's also not as drying as I expected from such a pigmented lipstick.

Okay, real talk time. The only reason I bought this lipstick is because I needed to replace my Maybelline Color Sensational Red Revival and this lipstick had my name written all over it. Literally. My name is Kate and I needed a red lipstick.
I had never used Rimmel before, and now I know they have decent lipstick. I really wish I could give this lipstick more like a 3.5, but alas, I had to choose either 3 or 4. I just don't love it enough to give it a 4. Yes, the packaging is great and the price was right. But the color was deceptive! It looks like a nice cherry red in the tube, but when applied, it looks raspberry. Way too pink! The texture is nice, and it did last alright (Maybelline Color Sensational is longer lasting, imo). Since the color looked so different on than in the tube, I'm a little apprehensive to try other Rimmel Kate lipsticks.
I would recommend this lipstick to someone only if they wanted a pink red. If you want a pink red, this is a lovely shade. But if you're looking for blue red, either give Rimmel Kate 01 a shot (I hear it's much less pink) or pick up Maybelline Color Sensational Red Revival.

on 2/20/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This super bright red had pink/magenta undertones and smelled like cinnamon rolls to me. Delicious! Unbelievable amount of dense pigment for such a cheap lipstick. Went on smooth and lasted 4 hours for me. Unfortunately there was something off about the way it looked on me. I have fair skin and very full lips, so this did look clownish on me. I gave it to my sister, who has a slightly deeper skin tone and smaller lips and it looked fab on her.

on 1/28/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this shade and has lasts for a few hours less that 5 but worth it for a drugstore brand.

on 1/12/2014 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Probably the best lipstick I've ever had. It is the perfect shade of red: right between a tiny bit dark and radiant bright red; somewhat of a sophisticated color. I'm not sure if all the Kate lipsticks are scented but this ones smells like cherry. The tint itself last pretty long especially over lip-liner. It feels very smooth, like it glides on the lips. It doesn't crumble nor clump when I rub my lips together. I don't even have to reapply much times. And when I do, it's just one swipe throughout the whole day! The lipstick itself wastes a bit too fast. The price I think was too much. I got it for $6. Sure it may seem like i'm cheap, but I'm not the person who's ever had a lot of money to spend, so $6 for a lipstick was a bit too much.

on 12/9/2013 9:35:00 AM

This colour is definitely nice but my goodness it stinks! It feels like I'm spreading plastic all over my lips; in smell and texture. The colour will spread off my mouth if I'm not careful/light/accurate with application. It fades very unevenly. Overall not a massive fan. There are better reds out there

on 12/7/2013 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Oh em gee. I really like this!!! I got this after checking some reviews and pictures and I'm sooo glad I did!! It's bright enough to pop but not obnoxious. It's a bluer red which is also new for me. A perfect red in my opinion. I NEVER wear reds, this is the first I bought in maybe forever, (I had gotten a few horrid ones as gifts or whatever). Wow love it. Feels nice, lasts long, and looks sooo great with my blonde roots (I have colorful hair) I don't think it would look as good with just the color, however, I'm warm toned/neutral and this is still amazing. Would also look great on dark hair. So cheap and soo happy! I paired it with Nyx Slim liner in Hot Red.

on 8/11/2013 8:58:00 AM

I love this lipstick and colour. It is so pigmented and applys colour very consistently to the lips. It doesn't dry out lips either. It is truly a beautiful red and suits my olive complexion perfectly.

Popular Lipsticks