April 16, 2014 | 979 users online

Blush - Estee Lauder - Pure Color Blush - Blushing Nude

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a cruise in a duty free shop on board. The shade isn't listed on the Estee Lauder site, so I have no idea if this is a LE shade or discontinued already. It is in the new Pure Color line which was recently reformulated a couple of years ago.

I was looking for a nude shade, and this isn't.

What it is, is a gorgeous apricot peach without noticeable shine or shimmer, but not a true matte either. Colour payoff is great, it doesn't grab so you can blend it out, and it doesn't go on so bright and harsh that you can sheer it out. It is buildable and the colour lasts.

For redheads looking for a nice apricot/peach shade this is ideal. It is what I'd always wished for in a warm toned peach blush. For blondes with warm tones, this would work but I think it's too warm peach for cool blondes or medium blonde to cool ash brown haired colourations. Pale skin only as I can't see this showing up well in darker skin tones although medium warm tones could handle it.

I'm still looking for a nice nude blush though, as my favourite Rimmel's Santa Rose has been discontinued.

But for what I bought this for, it's ideal, and that is when I'm wearing anything in the peach to coral clothing or a coral or peach lipstick. So it's my new summertime blush but for winter I still need a true nude.