Living Proof Satin Hair Serum

3.1

Isododecane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, isoamyl laurate, diheptyl succinate, ethylene/propylene/styrene copolymer, octafluoropentyl methacrylate (OFPMA), PPG-3 benzyl ether ethylhexanoate, PEG/PPG/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, bis-ethyl (isostearylimidazoline) isostearamide, phytosteryl sunflowerseedate, hydrogenated vegetable glycerides, capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, dilinoleic acid/propanediol copolymer, butylene/ethylene/styrene copolymer, fragrance, citronellol, linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, citral, limonene, coumarin, geraniol.

This product didn't do anything for me. I cannot I like it or don't like it. I just didn't see a difference with it on my hair. I love the Living Proof brand, but cannot determine why I need this product.

on 3/15/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've been using a sample-sized pump bottle for a few weeks. I have fine, curly hair that I straighten every day because otherwise, it gets frizzy around my face. I've tried a handful of drug store frizz/smoothing/straightening serums/creams (e.g. John Frieda, Fekkai, etc.) but this one works so much better. It makes my hair shiny and smooth after blow drying. I typically use this on the weekend when I don't take the time to straighten my hair and despite the outrageous price, I am thinking of getting the full-size. A little goes a LONG way--for my shoulder-length hair, a dime-sized amount does the trick and anything more than that makes it look greasy--so I know it will last me forever if I decide to splurge. It has a terrible citronella smell like mosquito repellant but I don't notice the scent after my hair dries.

on 12/26/2014 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received a 5ml sample of this from Sephora and would not purchase the full size. Overall, I'm unimpressed by the Living Proof line and believe it's made for a certain hair type only. If you have fair, caucasian hair (like the creator, Jennifer Aniston) then you may like this product and others in the line. But if your hair deviates from that type at all then probably look elsewhere.
This serum really did nothing except irritate me with it's strong overpowering scent that would never dissipate. I had to use a ton of the product to get any minimal result, and that's what I find with most of the styling products in the line. I combined this with a huge blob of prime style extender and then would have to add more of the serum every day as I styled etc. Which is typical for dry, coarse hair, you can add oil or a serum daily and never get greasy ;) But the smell bothered me the most, in addition to the sub-par performance.
The shining star in this line is the Amp, I love that stuff :)

on 11/23/2014 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a generous sample with my Sephora order and I like that it isn't greasy feeling at all and really helps take care of the unruly frizz I have. The recent weather of rain and wind had taken a toll on my normally behaving hair and I like to just put my hair in a low pony tail or bun to protect it from the elements. This fits the bill for being one of those products you can just leave in and go. Some areas I missed so I have to be careful with application as results were uneven ( some fuzzy areas, some frizz free). It has a nice and light scent and it provides great shine. I tried it on damp hair but will have to test it out on dry hair to see if it performs better. So far I like it. I need about three drops for my whole head. I'm thinking I should try the other products in the line as others suggested. This is my first time trying anything from Living Proof.

on 8/8/2014 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a Living Proof fan and this product is no exception. I love the PHD 5 in 1 styling cream for when I straighten my thick, wavy hair. But I don't like it when I wear my hair natural. It left my waves really flat. I wanted something to combat frizz and humidity when I wore my hair wavy, and this works beautifully! It doesn't get rid of my frizz 100% but it definitely improves it. I just put a few pumps in and style as normal with my curly hair products, and I get a much better result. I also feel the more I use it, the better it works. Definitely buying this again.

on 6/16/2014 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I had reviewed this awhile ago & I was not a fan. I recently decided to try this again. I'm not sure what changed, but I love it now. It fights frizz and makes my hair look beautiful! When used with the perfect day line my hair looks model worthy!! Amazing products so glad I changed my mind. I wish it was slightly cheaper & not in a glass bottle, but you only need a little bit so the bottle lasts awhile.

on 6/9/2014 2:25:00 PM

I am shocked to see any bad reviews for this product!

I think it is TERRIFIC smoothing serum and it's the only one I will use.

Like all Living Proof it works best with other Living Proof products.

If you have previously used silicone based products (dimethicone, etc.), then this serum will just sit on your hair.

The line is sulphate and silicone free - it does not really make sense to mix and match with suftate and silicone products.

I have fine wavy-curly hair, this product tames frizz, leaves it looking shiny and healthy and never weighs it down and rinses out with no issue.

Sure, I wish it were cheaper, but I LOVE it.

on 3/16/2014 8:08:00 PM

I thought this was terrible. Just made my hair feel sticky and weighed down. I have thick, wavy-texture, color-treated hair that I heat-style regularly. I like to use a serum on my damp hair before I blow dry it for some added smoothness and manageability. This product just made my hair feel gross and unruly. The stickiness made it hard to work with.
Total product fail. And it's expensive too. Won't buy it again.

I use keratin treatment for my hair; so I try to avoid silicones to prevent buildup. This product fulfills that need. I have had no issues with this being too greasy, and I have not had the rebound effect of frizzier hair the next day that I have gotten with other serums. This serum adds just that extra touch of silk and shine I need as my keratin wears off. Fantastic product.

on 1/19/2014 8:28:00 PM

I had to change my rating for this serum. I originally hated this, returned this, and then randomly bought it again a few weeks ago and HOLY MOLY I'm in love with it now!
It takes a few minutes to soak in, I feel, when I apply it to dry hair. I usually don't put it on wet hair before I dry it, i usually just put it on dry hair when I know it's raining or extra humid ( I live in Southern Georgia for school). This really does fight frizz- my hair doesn't frizz AT ALL with this ( and I do use all Living Proof products so I feel that probably helps as well). I had a sample packet of this that I gave my sister and holy crap, her hair was flawless- and it was pouring rain all day!

Top Rated Living Proof Products