April 21, 2014 | 1036 users online

Treatments - Living Proof - Satin Hair Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I walked in Sephora, saw Jennifer Anniston as the model for Living Proof, and just had to try it. I love serums and have tried many. I am impressed that this doesn't have oil, silicones nor parabens. I washed and dried my hair with my normal shampoo, conditioner and damage control leave in products from Aveda and then applied the serum before flat ironing. I couldn't tell much difference at first but as the day went on, my hair seemed to look smoother and more shiny. It was POURING rain today and I had absolutely NO frizz. It's a keeper!! Love the smell too!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I thought this was terrible. Just made my hair feel sticky and weighed down. I have thick, wavy-texture, color-treated hair that I heat-style regularly. I like to use a serum on my damp hair before I blow dry it for some added smoothness and manageability. This product just made my hair feel gross and unruly. The stickiness made it hard to work with.
Total product fail. And it's expensive too. Won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by tinaRUshopping

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use keratin treatment for my hair; so I try to avoid silicones to prevent buildup. This product fulfills that need. I have had no issues with this being too greasy, and I have not had the rebound effect of frizzier hair the next day that I have gotten with other serums. This serum adds just that extra touch of silk and shine I need as my keratin wears off. Fantastic product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I had to change my rating for this serum. I originally hated this, returned this, and then randomly bought it again a few weeks ago and HOLY MOLY I'm in love with it now!
It takes a few minutes to soak in, I feel, when I apply it to dry hair. I usually don't put it on wet hair before I dry it, i usually just put it on dry hair when I know it's raining or extra humid ( I live in Southern Georgia for school). This really does fight frizz- my hair doesn't frizz AT ALL with this ( and I do use all Living Proof products so I feel that probably helps as well). I had a sample packet of this that I gave my sister and holy crap, her hair was flawless- and it was pouring rain all day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm shocked at the low ratings as this is easily the best serum I've found so far. Super light weight, never looks greasy or stringy and never weighs my hair down.

I have to say, there really is something to the OFPMA molecule repelling dirt. For years I used Ouidad's Shine Glaze, which is silicone based and had no problems. However, when I changed careers and started baking for a living I noticed that my hair needed shampooing whenever I used it. With this serum, my hair stays clean and full for 2-3 days.

A fantastic product for those of us with hair that cannot tolerate daily shampooing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by staci23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have thick slightly course hair that is past my shoulders. It has a slight wave to it and is easily straightened when I blow dry it. I use a tiny amount of this on the bottom half of my hair working up, but not applying it to the roots. I get amazing results. My hair is smooth and shiny, but not weighed down. I like that there are no silicones in this and it seems to wash out easily and I'm not getting build up. I've tried this with Living Proof Prime Style Extender and honestly, I like this better on it's own. I cannot stress enough how little an amount I need to achieve these results. The packaging is attractive and sleek and it's easy to get the amount you need from the pump. Packaging is glass so be careful if you have tile floors.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by PSullyRN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on Sephora.com. My hair is thick/coarse and I get the Keratin treatment every 3 months to smooth it out. I applied a tiny amt. of this product on my hand, rubbed them together and applied it to my hair from the bottom first working upwards. I then proceeded to blowdry my hair as usual. My hair looked the same as usual, maybe a little smoother, and I was happy with the product. Then.....the next day.... My hair was soooo greasy and gross. I had to wash it immediately after I woke up. I might consider giving it a second chance, but I used such a tiny bit the first time. I think I am going to return it. Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by claudiacpc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! FIrst tried a sample- which I got maybe 2-3 uses out of- and had to purchase the full size. I don't like that it is in a glass bottle- I'd be afraid of dropping & breaking! It is pricey $29, but a little goes a long way. I have hair past my shoulders & start with 1 pump before blowdrying. I'll then use another pump after drying to keep the hair smooth & under control. It is the only product I've ever used that controls the frizz in hot, humid weather. It has a light scent, but it does not linger at all! I don't know what scent the other reviewers are smelling!!
A little goes a long way so start with a pump for at least shoulder length hair & then see if you need more. I love it!
I found the full size bottle along with 2 small travel size bottles thru QVC cheaper than Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Zandiland710

I don't review many products, but I have to disagree with some opinions of this. I actually really liked it. I got a few packet samples from Sephora. I have long, fine, wavy, blonde hair. It's a bit frizzy and not as thick as I'd like. After washing with Wen, I always spitz It's a 10 Miracle Leave In for Blondes and comb it through. Then, I used 1/3 of a packet (a few drops) of this serum throughout my hair before blowdrying upside down with a round brush. This made my hair softer, stronger, sleeker, and even seemed thicker. I used all 3 packets and will be going to Sephora to buy a bottle. I already have LP Style Extender, which is awesome as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by anapp822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely hated this line. I have dark brown, highlighted hair that's mid-way down my back. I blowdry every 2-3 days and occasionally use a flat iron. I try to use sulfate- and silicone-free products to preserve my color and protect my hair, and had heard great things about the LP line.

I tried the Restore Shampoo and Conditioner, No Frizz Styling Creme and Weightless Spray, and Satin serum. I could tell that the shampoo and conditioner were drying out my hair while I was still in the shower -- I couldn't run my fingers through my hair at all. I used the three styling products when I got out of the shower, and started to blow dry. My hair felt like straw, and when I tried to add a little more of the Satin serum, it just felt like sticky straw. My ends looked completely fried and the cuticle just looks frizzy and not smooth at all.

I tried the shampoo, conditioner, and products 3 more times since I first purchased and tried them 2 weeks ago, and finally returned everything to Sephora today. In 2 weeks, I have not worn my hair down once because of how poofy and dry it looks. Not recommended!