Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 2/21/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Best cuticle cream I have ever tried, I love the smell 😃

Great cuticle balm. It's very moisturizing and I love the consistency and smell. Other cuticle oils I feel don't sink in and then I have to wash them off and they leave a film. Not this, its just the perfect cuticle moisturizer.

I bought this thinking it could help with my hangnails, because it's a miracle if I can go a week without finding a new one, but alas my hopes were dashed. I put it on every night before bed and in the morning and probably a little more than I needed but it didn't really do anything. My cuticles didn't even feel all that soft and the hangnails were still a constant. The packaging is nice and portable though (just don't confuse it with lip balm!) and the smell is really nice and not too overwhelming.

on 2/3/2015 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I'm trying to finish my last tin of this and probably will not repurchase. It's a lemony salve that's too greasy to use while working and it doesn't soften my cuticles even when I apply it right after having my hands in water. I have always had at least 1 tin of this going but keeping my cuticles in check doesn't require a dedicated balm. I use an exfoliating hand cream on my hands and cuticles and rub whatever oil concoction I have the most of into my cuticles in the morning and at night. And, I'm scrupulous about keeping travel size lotion everywhere and paying attention to my cuticles when I slather it on. I'm also diligent but gentle with an orange stick and cuticle remover whenever I change my polish. My cuticles look good and the skin on the sides of my nails is no longer tough and scratchy. There is one oil based treatment that does soften my cuticles overnight but I can't find it regularly and this routine usually works without the hassle of hunting down and stocking the miraculous stuff. If I can find another that's easily accessible I'll go for it.

on 1/26/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

There's a lot of hype about this product. And while it is a good product, it's not amazing. It does moisturize my cuticles decently, but I can't imagine it moisturizing super dry cuticles well. People seem to love the scent, but honestly it's not very special in my opinion. It just smells like lemons haha. It doesn't smell super fantastic like many people claim. Also, I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but the lemony scent changes when I apply it to my cuticles. It smells a little strange after awhile. In the jar the smell stays the same though. My hands are always clean so I don't know why this happens. But overall it's not a bad product, I just don't think it's worth the hype :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the reason my nails stopped splitting and peeling. This is my HG product, and you can use it as a lip balm too! I stopped buying this because an all natural lip balm works the exact same LOL

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I recently started using this product and I'm in love with it. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to getting quite dry (especially during fall/winter) so I needed something for my cuticles to keep them moist. This stuff smells nice, isn't sticky, and dries nicely. After just 3 days of using it I am seeing improvement. My nails are shiny, my cuticles aren't cracked, and my fingertips aren't dry, which is a big plus for me. I've also been using it on my toes! I definitely recommend this product!

on 12/22/2014 3:32:00 PM

I had really bad peeling nails (could actually see the top layer peeling and separating from the layer below it....TMI I know...but it was kinda sad )and dry cuticles which actually hurt my skin and scratched if I ever touched my face. I didn't want to paint my nails all the time, but honestly, my nails were an embarrassment, especially during the winter months.
I purchased this after I heard someone on Youtube rave about it.

Of course, there are other hand and nail creams on the market, but this one is 100% natural (read ingredient list on package) and doesn't contain any parabens or alcohol or artificial chemicals. I didn't want my fingers transferring harmful chemicals inside my mouth while eating or on my face.
It was a little expensive for just a nail and cuticle cream. But I went with the Burt's Bees goodwill.

Overtime, this cuticle butter has made my nails stronger and my cuticles soft and well moisturized. I can easily go without nail color for weeks on end and my nails look healthy, bright, strong and clean. It is a thick balm that works best when slightly warmed up by rubbing. And the smell is heavenly....lemony and fresh.

I use it both as a long term treatment (at night,20 minutes before going to sleep I massage my fingers and nails with this) and as an on-the-go finger n nail softener.Both ways, I am delighted. This is a permanent fixture in my bag.

I will repurchase this as soon as I run out of my existing little tin of product, however, I have had this for over a year now and there's still a ton left. Doesn't look like it will get over till 2016 or 2017...
Love it!

on 12/2/2014 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Prior to this, I was using Lush's Lemony Flutter but wanted to try something a little less greasy. This cuticle cream is rather dense, but has a balmy texture which I prefer over the Lush version and the product applies easy when its warmed up with the heat from your fingers. It doesn't feel greasy if you apply it sparingly and it keeps my cuticle area well hydrated and soft. A must have for frequent polish wearers or if you tend to get hang nails.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pros:
- Moisturizes cuticles, minimizes and prevents torn cuticles.
- Makes your nails shiny and minimizes peeling.
- Smells great... so lemony.
- Comes in a cute little tin. Easy to transport, throw in your purse or car, etc.

Cons:
- Can't think of any, except that I don't think this would work well if you have very damaged cuticles and nails. This is more for maintenance, not for intensive treatment or repair.

Popular Treatments