October 23, 2014 | 1716 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING! So I heard about this product through watching one of Cute Polish's tutorials (I think it was about her nail care routine) and she swears by this stuff. So next time I went shopping, I found it and bought it without hesitation.

Before I got this, my nails were peeling and breaking like crazy. I had no idea why - the nail on my forefinger on my right nail hardly grew at all. By this, I mean you could hardly see any white edge (if that makes sense) - every time it managed to grow a bit past that point, it would either peel or break off! At one point, it broke off below its natural point so I had to put a bandaid over it for a while to allow it to grow back. I was scared that my whole nail could eventually break off!

My nails were like this for a year, easily peeling or breaking. It really sucked and I tried a lot of those nail polish strengthener treatments but none of them worked. (My diet hadn't changed so that wasn't the issue.)

When I started using this though, there was such a huge difference and it solved the issue! I couldn't believe it! My nails are now back to normal and look amazing, like they never were in such a poor state. I've been using this on my nails since the start of this year and it has been great. I always apply it after I remove nail polish from my nails and even just randomly on bare or polished nails.

I love this stuff and I will continue to buy it when it runs out! Having said that though, it has been several months and I'm still on my first tin! For the price as well, you can't go wrong!
Highly recommend this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by sbushby

i love this product. i got it as a gift from my mum, who bought it for me as i have extremely dry cuticles which constantly seem to be peeling. now i do LOVE this product. i love the smell, it does make my cuticles instantly look better, and i do believe that if i could actually stop myself from picking at my cuticles (an anxious habit i've had since i was a child) it would significantly improve the condition of my cuticles. i haven't noticed any difference in my actual nails or anything like that, but as a cuticle product i think its fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

Amazing this is AMAZING. Once you use this every day it will soften your hands and make them look as if you had a manicure. At first the cream is really thick and feels weird but after 5 mins it soaks in nicely. The scent is lemon. 💚

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Sarah088

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Best cuticle cream I ever use. Whenever the side of my nails are dry and peel, I would use this and it works like magic. I think I would definitely repurchase these because it actually works. The smell is so so but fine for such a good job. Love it. 5 stars babe

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this product for about a month now. This lemony butter concoction is amazing! I'm still in the process of growing out my used to be acrylic nails, into a good length of o'naturale nails. This is doing wonders for my cuticles and nails. I love love love the smell. The product is a great texture and isn't greasy. I can easily wipe off the extra without a residue left on. This stuff just rocks! I've seen this at both Target & Walmart. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bottom Line: I think this is a great product to have hanging around in my purse or my desk drawer at work so I can maintain my cuticles, but I don't find it super moisturizing or my HG cuticle cream by an stretch.

I have been using this product since way back in the stone age when Burt's Bees was still a novelty product. I actually bought my cuticle cream from a store front display in a non-beauty boutique probably around the year 2000. At the time, this was the first cuticle dedicated product I'd ever seen and I bought it with my babysitting money. I really liked it alot but the packaging back then was terrible, I couldn't get the tin open without breaking a nail or ruining my manicure (really) most of the time. But I did love, love the scent and that it was wonderful, non-greasy forumula that seemed to work, at least temporarily (until I washed my hands). Because of the tin-opening issue I rarely used it regularly, which probably affected its efficacy.

Most importantly back then I didn't realize how much I needed to exfoliate my cuticles/skin around my nails and I was just moistuizing heaps of dead skin (fail). Now I use a good cuticle remover which helps remove all the dead skin not just the cuticle. Anyway, that original tin actually went putrid about ten years later and I tossed it. I told myself I wouldn't bother with buying it again despite the fact that it was gaining a name for itself by nail enthusiasts. But lo and behold, my mom gifted me a tin because she just thought it was the cat's meow. So. Now it's back in my beauty bag (surprise!).

I don't find this to be the most effective cuticle cream or process, but I do like to keep in my purse as a maintanence item becuase it's such a nice, non-greasy formula that I can move on to the next thing right away.

To keep my nails in tip top shape I use a cuticle oil and then a nice thick/occlusive cream or ointment over the top. I have two pairs of products I am currently using for my nails, but they are more of what I had lying around/gifted rather than anything I went out and bought specifically:
1) Revitalize cuticle oil (comes with the Red Carpet Gel Nail kit) and JR Watkins Lavendar Hand and Cuticle Salve.
2) Local farmers market beeswax bar lotion (solid lotion) and shea butter/beeswax creation. Just amazing stuff, this guy is on to something.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

too waxy. love the lemin scent and don't mind the grease but there is way too much wax in this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had mine for about a year and I've yet to run out. This stuff lasts forever. I keep it by my work desk so I remind myself to moisturize the cuticles. It's got a fresh lemon scent, like dishsoap, it's not greasy at all and it does leave them nice and moisturized. I've gotten quite a few people addicted to this, it's such a life saver especially during the Summer months.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Lschk

I think this is an amazing product for the cuticles!
I was given this as a gift, so i amnot sure about te price. I haven't applied it that often lately but when i do, it is noticeable as the cuticles are well moirturised. The smell is also very, very pleasant. The packaging is alright, it is appealing, however it does get a bit annoying sometimes to open the tin when your fingers are full of the cuticle cream. The little tin is small and very durable, you can take it with you anywhere.
The formula is non greasy and once again....THE SMELL IS SO SO SO PLEASANT.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My cuticles feel soft with this on. Non greasy subtle fragrance. When I push the cuticle back I do not even feel them.