December 18, 2014 | 1405 users online

Lips - Maybelline - Baby Lips -Strike A Rose

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the first Baby Lips product I have tried, and I'm unimpressed. Strike A Rose is a sheer pink with a touchnof coral--like a hot pink coral. But since it is quite sheer I find I have to apply several swipes to detect a significant color change, yet when built up the texture appears cheap. It does feel moisturizing and is quite slippery--so slippery, in fact, that since I had to apply several times it migrated almost instantly past my lip line. Personally I would need liner to keep this in place, and I rarely use liner. The taste is slightly fruity but in a fake, plasticy sort of way if that makes sense. I have tried it a few times, and I get the same results each time. Overall I am not opposed to trying the line again. It's cheap and moisturizing. However this is one shade that just doesn't work for me. For reference, NW10 with pigmented lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SHADE DESCRIPTION: sheer pink

PROS

- moisturizing
- scent

CONS

- sheer

COMMENTS: Eh...there isn't enough color to this for me to justify purchasing it again. It doesn't do much, but I do like the texture of these. I find it to be fairly moisturizing, but will stick to my regular lip balms instead.

Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by patzolay

I love red lipsticks but lately Ive been searching for something more subtle for everyday and now I have it :D even is more pinkish left an amazing alive color at my lips and fell very good.

The tint last for hours even you cant fell the same glossy silky efect

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A few years ago the jelly nail polishes were popular. This sort of reminds me of that. It has a cushiony effect on my lips like there is a bubble of color, but you can still see my lip color underneath. The color is pretty it's a bright coral hue, so a hot pink with yellow undertones. I like it for when I'm wearing a very low-key face and I need something to make me look like I tried a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by kimmaria

I have it in red, pink, and orange. Overall, I am very satisfy with this product as a university student. Its cheap, looks good, and hydrates.
The colour is very nice. Its sheer. I find it if you have darker lips it won't show as well (i.e Indians, Africans, etc.). I have friends from this ethnicity that aren't too impress with the colour payoff.
Anyways, it feels nice and light, lovely light fragrant. Not overpowering at all. I love to use this overtop my lipstick/lipstain. I love to apply it overnight as well. Leaves your lips nice and soft the next day! I use it throughout the day to keep my lips hydrated and my whole face looking fresh.
The only thing I don't like is the packaging.... It's too clunky for me. But no big deal. Buy it you want a lovely hydrating sheer lippie!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by m0ka0nly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am pretty picky about the texture of lip balm. I generally prefer non-sticky Vaseline type balm. Baby lips feels amazing and the colour is a very pretty sheer hot pink. It is not overpowering at all. I gave it a 4/5 because it does fade very quickly and disappears within 10 minutes after using it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first colored baby lips (I bought the colorless sunscreen balm a while back) and oooooo it makes my lips so smooth. I really like this stuff, I think I may buy more colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a gift, initially I was really pleased with the color. As many have mentioned it's a beautiful shade, like almost coral hot pink but very sheer. The reason why I didn't like this product is the texture, I can't stand it. It's oily and thin. It makes me feel like I rubbed my lips with mineral oil, it feels cheap to me and I can't stand it. Sorry to the fans, but I'm not on board with baby lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by amieey

Omg this is color is amazing!!! Despite what it looks like in the tube, it's actually a really pretty natural rose color! It smells like starbursts and I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by NissieBui

I just love this colour so much! It's almost the exact shade of my lips and looks so nice! Absolutely love it!