October 30, 2014 | 1756 users online

Toners - Pixi - Glow Tonic

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by hearteater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited when I heard about this coming to the states. I'd been reading rave reviews about it from UK bloggers for a while and was even considering trying to bribe a friend in the UK to buy it for me. As you can imagine, I'd built up very high expectations. I ordered a single bottle (I seriously had a whole internal argument with myself about stockpiling several, as I was tempted) as soon as Pixi sent the email out about it being available and made it a part of my morning and night routine as soon as I received it. After several weeks, I decided I was just going to have to accept being one of the apparent few who wasn't going to fall in love with it, as it did virtually nothing for me but increase the frequency of my acne. I didn't notice any improvements in my skin; it wasn't brighter, it wasn't softer, it wasn't clearer. Though this does smell pretty and I love using toner, I don't think I'll be finishing the bottle I bought, much less buying more.
Sad story. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by zahzah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this following a recommendation form the Caroline Hirons site. I don't follow all the recommendations blindly preferring to do my own research but as this was £16 I thought it was worth a try.

When I went to the pixi store they had a special offer - throwing in a crème that was normally £20 for only £3! so I was happy to give it a go.

This is supposed to be a gentle daily exfoliant using Glycolic acid. It does smell Ok and feels nice on the skin with no obvious burn.

I think it made my skin feel slightly smoother but beyond that not much. Certainly hasn't increased brightness significantly. But having said that it is a very well priced product.

Not sure if I would buy again as I like a more obvious "effect".

Maybe if you are too sensitive for most regular manual or liquid exfoliators give this one a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Denis_Lopez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally got my hands on this when it was back in stock. This is the best skin care product i have tried. It makes my skin smooth as a babies bottom and my foundation looks so much more even! Should have stocked up and bought 10 bottles!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't have anything negative to say about Glow tonic. I've been using this 1x a day for about 3 weeks. It's a nice, gentle glycolic acid toner. You have to order it direct from Pixi (USA). The bottle/color scheme is very pretty, smells nice and is a soothing, exfoliating toner. Doesn't dry out my skin and my face feels soft after use. Not a miracle product, but as others have pointed out, definitely comparable to far more expensive products. I'm a fan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had signed up for Pixi's newsletter and maybe 2 weeks later received the offer to buy the Glow Tonic at a reduced price, as part of the initiative for selling here in the States. I had to try it, especially since I kept reading reviews that it was comparable to Biologique Recherche P50 toner.

Pros: smells pretty, but not over powering; didn't breakout my sensitive Eur-Asian skin; gentle chemical exfoliating action with the AHA's, so any dry patches were easily whisked away; and lightly moisturized my skin.

Cons: I used the entire bottle, using once a day every night, sometimes in the morning as well (lasted me about 3 months), but didn't really see a difference in my skin. I was sure to use SPF in the morning but the little dark spots left behind from past blemishes refused to budge, or even lighten. I didn't really see how it could compare with BR P50 toner as BR P50 is much stronger.

Overall I think if you are looking for a gentle chemical toner, that is used as part of a maintenance skincare regime, then I think this is a nice addition, but if you have any coloration correction or something a bit more stubborn that you want it to take care of, I would look else where… or use it longer than 3 months with daily use. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have given this product a full weeks worth of use to be able to give my first impressions and so far so good.. originally I tried it before mine arrived, my sister had some and mine was on order, and I ended up with a rash on my upper cheeks, which I thought was this.

However, when mine arrived I gave it a go and happy to report NO RASH! yay!

I invest a lot of time and effort into my skin as its quite oily, but gets dehydrated, and at my age I am also starting to become aware of the, dare I say it, wrinkles.... ugh....

My skin is generally fairly clear due to my ridiculously strict skincare regimen and although I avoid most acne I do get little small white bumps on my cheeks and jawline, which I can only assume are small closed comedones. I have been using Paula's Choice Glycolic acid and this has helped a lot but not rid me of this completely... can't use a BHA as I guess I am allergic as I just break out in a rash/small spots everywhere!

This Pixi tonic has made my face feel even smoother than before, which I didn't think would be possible given the AHAs I have already used, and although this has AHA in it, its not as strong as what I was using before.. but the combination of the AHA and all the other ingredients seems to be making my skin even softer, pores are definitely smaller, still there, but smaller and the white comedones or little bumps I get are all slowly but surely clearing up!! So, for now so far, I am loving this stuff!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

I don't really see the big deal with this toner.

I guess it's the hype but I didn't really notice a difference in my skin.
Even with the same tiny 5% of glycolic acid I didn't notice it change my skin or make it glow.
The only toner that I noticed a HUGE difference was Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner with the same ingredient as the pixi glow but is completely glycolic acid. The Mario Badescu toner has TRANSFORMED my skin and given me a glow I've never had while also helping with acne and dryness. A pro to this product is that is really is a skin treat as it feels amazing on the skin, is soothing to apply and smells very nice.

As far as the pixi flow toner goes I don't think I would be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

Gentle exfoliating toner, no harsh or fake chemicals. I have sensitive combination oily skin and this really helped brighten it up and even out skintone, overall just making it look more balanced and clear. Doesn't strip the skin but makes it feel fresh and glowing.
Really good price considered its alternatives like Clarins are almost double the cost.
I don't have any bad things to say about this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So i turned 30 and thought i would be done with acne.. WRONG! Mother nature also sprinkled some fine lines and wrinkles to top it off with my breakout prone skin :( I became OBSESSED with making my skin amazing, like the luminous skin of korean women who have no breakouts or a single wrinkle on their forehead! I became a stalker of beauty blogs and came across Hiron's blog, quickly becoming a lemming of BR P50... I could not wait to get my hands on it and got it for 10% off at Rescue spa's cyber monday sale. SWEET! hellooooo beautiful skin! Except this toner was a complete let down! I was kicking my self in the ass for purchasing two... TWO big ones and it did not even make a dent on my skin! I gave it a shot for three months and my Dr. Dennis Gross pads were giving the BR a run for their money as they performed much better. Then i heard about this baby on the Hiron's blog, deeming it comparable to BR and as soon as it was available in the US, i snatched one up!

Oh-my GAWD.. as if the heavens have parted and made the angels sing.. my skin was luminous and free of breakouts in two weeks! I would have to agree with trixie's review. I too have combination oily, acne prone but dehydrated skin, especially in winter and this toner was a game-changer. My skin has less of those bumps that you cannot see but can feel when you run your fingers AND it lightened some of the hyper pigmentation from breakouts. I use it once to twice a day and it does not strip my skin nor make it dry. It does not turn it beet red and numb like BR's or sensitive and flaky like PTR's 10% glycolic toner. I also feel like after using this at night makes my serums/ treatments absorb better. It is so good that i can just use the DG pads once a week for maintenance. I am so glad it is easier to obtain through pixibeauty.com AND they give discounts at a higher rate (i got mine at 25% off!!). Now, THAT is a STEAL! I love this SO MUCH *hugs glow tonic* and I can sleep better smelling sweet fruity-florals on my skin compared to BR's phenol! What else is there to say? Go on and GET IT!!!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in the US and this product was truly my unicorn product. I couldn't get it from any place on line. I read musings of a muse blog and she was saying that the US site of Pixi would be having this on their site now. Finally! I ordered 3 just in case they sold out soon. I love this toner so much and what it has done for my skin is hard to believe. I have the P50 toner by BR and that stuff is $80-$90 for a bottle and that is just obscene. I have it and I love it but I personally think this one is better. Their ingredients are almost the same, very little difference but I have found the Pixi Glow tonic gives me better results in less time. My face is dehydrated but oily and I occasionally have acne breakouts. I use this twice a day, without fail. My skin is so even toned now and SOFT. My god, my skin feels like a baby's behind. I never have had any sensitivity with this at all. I take it all the way up under my eyes and never have had a problem. I love the smell of it, It reminds me of Erno Laszlo conditioning toner. I think it smells pretty. I never have had this burn, itch or bother under my eyes either. I will to continue to repurchase this when I run out. I highly recommend this toner wholeheartedly!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No