September 30, 2014 | 1896 users online

Treatments (Face) - Rensa Skincare - Acne Defense System

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for Rensa's Acne Defense Kit. I have used this kit for 8 weeks now and I want to share my experience and feedback. I use the Clarifying Cleanser daily morning and night and it has been gentle on my skin not causing dryness. It contains Salicylic Acid and botanical extracts that claim to moisturize and hydrate skin. I have found that these botanicals have soothed my skin and provided relief from any irritation that I was previously having. The second step is the Acne Correction Pads. These contain Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, and Lactic Acid. At first I was afraid this combination would be too overpowering but it is quite gentle on my skin and helps with clearing acne. I have to admit that I bought the pads seperately and was happy with the results so I purchased the entire kit. The third step is the Acne Control Serum. I try to put this on every night and occasionally just use as a spot treatment. I have found that the pads are treating my acne and the serum helps with eliminating horrible whiteheads. I dot my skin wherever I feel a breakout forming and it has helped bring it down. The final step is the Solar Defense SPF 30. I put this on everyday after putting on my moisturizer. This helps to moisturize my skin as well and actually helps to keep my makeup on. It is a good starting point to my skin routine. I never used to use SPF daily, only on occasions when I went to the beach or was outside for a long period of time. I have found that this has helped hydrate my skin and helped against any further scarring. All in all, I like this kit very much and the price is about the same as other acne brands on the market. Also, an added bonus is that there is not a recurring mail subscription. Always a plus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

I purchased Rensa's 4 step acne system after seeing advertisements on their Facebook and Intagram page. I have had mild-moderate acne ever since age 13. When i entered my first years in college my face literally blew up. I was getting acne in places i had never known pimples could go. After seeing a dermatologist numerous times, literally nothing was working. Medicines prescribed were either too harsh or too irritating for my skin. I decided to switch up my acne cleansing routine and to incorporate other ingredients such as alpha hydroxy acids. After reading that Rensa's Acne Correction Pads contain Salicylic, Glycolic, and Lactic Acid i was immediately sold. So far, i have seen an improvement in the decreasing amount of new pimples forming and my skin tone has evened out as well. Any current acne pimples are healing and fading much faster than they usually would. I really like the 4 step system because it does not irritate my face and has all the necessary ingredients that your skin needs to help treat and fight acne: Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Aloe Vera, and Benzoyl Peroxide.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I'm about 2 months into this system and I have been pleasantly surprised. I have dabbled with just about every acne treatment system out there and recommend this one above others.

The cleanser is pretty standard regarding active ingredients with 2% Salicylic Acid. It definitely has a different feel to it than others that I have tried. It leaves my face feeling very soft and smooth.

The wipes have are Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, and a few other compounds. I love these for mid day use when I am feeling a little oily.

The SPF Solar Protection feels nice. I don't really feel a huge difference compared to other sunscreens but my skin looks great after using this system so if it isn't broke, don't fix it!

The Acne Control Serum feels great and absorbs really easily. I use this probably 3-4 nights a week. I don't like overdoing acne products because it can irritate my skin so I keep it in moderation.

Rensa's facebook says that there are studies that show that this system lowers sebum production by 70% and that they use their own carrier system that ensures better delivery of the active ingredients. They also state that the micron size of the particles is substantially smaller than other products, making it easier to absorb. I fully believe this, as this system has been great so far. Highly recommend and give this 2 thumbs up :)