August 20, 2014 | 1885 users online

Mascara - Avon - Avon Mega Effects Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by jessparker

This product is ridiculous. Was it designed by a man who has never used mascara? It deposits over the eyelid, impossible to apply with a good angle, lid doesn't go on properly.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like, but not love, this mascara, because there are a few things that could be better. For starters, the wand is pretty cool. It looks like a mini paint brush in some ways. The mascara itself is really good. The formula adds a lot of thickness to my lashes, but not a lot of length. The brush is good, and coats lashes well without clumping, but can be hard to use for getting inner/outer corner and bottom lashes due to large and awkward shape.
Your lashes will not be spidery, but unless you wiggle the brush during application, they will not be as separated or fanned out as traditional wands. You also kinda have to hold the brush at an odd angle as well, because the swivel handle is impractical and not long enough. Also, the lid is separate from the brush itself, and tends to fall off in my makeup bag because it doesn't 'click' on tight enough. But pretty good for $10.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by CanadianDreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As an Avon rep myself, I wanted to get my hands on this mascara as soon as it was first available to us. I was very impressed with all the tutorials online on the Representative website stating how to use this product and I wanted to get in on all the action as all the hip young endorsing celebrities were saying this was a great product. Needless to say I wasn't very impressed when I used it. It doesn't do anything for my lashes, didn't separate nor lift. It was as if I didn't even have mascara on, so I had to combine the use of this mascara not with Avon's Drama mascara to enhance my lashes. I have natural black lashes and I blame most of the mega effect's resistance on that fact. But still, I was disappointed as everyone was telling me this was the next best thing. It did not look good to me that even the cap of the mascara wouldn't lock into place, exposing the handle. It is a rather tiny device in comparison to most conservative mascaras as this is only about 3 inches in length - making it harder for some people to apply. Granted, the handle does bend to suit your application needs. In conclusion, I didn't get the results I expected out of this product and I believe a great deal of marketing sucked me into buying it in the first place. Avon's other mascaras are a lot better.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ellavator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really didn't like this mascara at all! Considering the price, I wasn't impressed with the clumps and artificial look :/ do not recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Amadahy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a complete mascara addict. It's sick... But I just can't help myself! My eyelashes are relatively straight with only a hint of a curl right at the ends, so my lashes need to be curled tightly and mascara'd lightly to maintain the curl, and this mascara really does the trick for me. This mascara seems to be a Marmite product; you either love it or hate it, and I definitely love it. The brush separates my lashes and pushes them apart and fans them out - but most importantly, the mascara doesn't pull the curl out of my lashes, which I am really happy about. I was so impressed I've actually bought another three, as I can't get enough of it.
The only downsides to this mascara is the short, hard-to-hold handle, which is a bit flimsy, and the weird tube the brush has to be shoved into and wiggled back out (ok, more like yanked out impatiently) but I don't much care because the results I get on my lashes are worth it :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging and wand are a total gimmick. The formula looks great on lashes but it is a very wet formula so if you're not careful, it can stick to your lids. Gave it a 3 because it's not a bad product but it's no where as good as covergirl or maybelline range of mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by AlexisB523

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing. For me it gave me longer fuller lashes. It is totally my go to mascara. The way the brush is made it totally touches all the lashes evenly, and create again fuller longer effects. I didn't have any issues with clumping either and this product with everyday use still lasted me quite a while. I bought it from Avon for $10 and found it on eBay even cheaper so the pricing varied but I still feel it reasonable. It also for me lasted thru crying and rain. Its not water proof but uncouldve fooled me. This stuff is great!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

All my friends were raving about this, so I decided to try it. Omg, I'll never use another kind of mascara. This is the absolute best I have ever used, hands down. It only takes one coat, you get every lash, even the tiny inner ones, and it doesn't smudge or run. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by SarahCosProf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sell Avon, and I am not even impressed with this product. I give Avon major credit for inventing a new technique and product, but for me this just doesn't work. First off, if you pull the brush out (not wiggle it) it will splatter everywhere. Sure it tells you to rock the brush not pull, but sometimes I forget! Product goes everywhere!!!! Then, the brush; this just doesn't work for me. I cant get all the lashes evenly coated, I have issues every time! I tell my clients about the product and the disadvantages of it, and some still buy it and love it. It just simply is not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by KaelnKole

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this mascara. I must admit that it took me a while to like it and become accustomed to the applicator but now I'm a big fan! It's a nice change from the usual wand brush applicator; feels almost like you're applying mascara with your fingertips but it's on a little furry applicator. The formula is good and it goes on really nice. Since I've been using Latisse on my lashes for a while now, they are long and this mascara really enhances them. Don't stop making this one Avon!