April 19, 2014 | 1513 users online

Mascara - Avon - Avon Mega Effects Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging and wand are a total gimmick. The formula looks great on lashes but it is a very wet formula so if you're not careful, it can stick to your lids. Gave it a 3 because it's not a bad product but it's no where as good as covergirl or maybelline range of mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by AlexisB523

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing. For me it gave me longer fuller lashes. It is totally my go to mascara. The way the brush is made it totally touches all the lashes evenly, and create again fuller longer effects. I didn't have any issues with clumping either and this product with everyday use still lasted me quite a while. I bought it from Avon for $10 and found it on eBay even cheaper so the pricing varied but I still feel it reasonable. It also for me lasted thru crying and rain. Its not water proof but uncouldve fooled me. This stuff is great!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

All my friends were raving about this, so I decided to try it. Omg, I'll never use another kind of mascara. This is the absolute best I have ever used, hands down. It only takes one coat, you get every lash, even the tiny inner ones, and it doesn't smudge or run. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by SarahCosProf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I sell Avon, and I am not even impressed with this product. I give Avon major credit for inventing a new technique and product, but for me this just doesn't work. First off, if you pull the brush out (not wiggle it) it will splatter everywhere. Sure it tells you to rock the brush not pull, but sometimes I forget! Product goes everywhere!!!! Then, the brush; this just doesn't work for me. I cant get all the lashes evenly coated, I have issues every time! I tell my clients about the product and the disadvantages of it, and some still buy it and love it. It just simply is not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by KaelnKole

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this mascara. I must admit that it took me a while to like it and become accustomed to the applicator but now I'm a big fan! It's a nice change from the usual wand brush applicator; feels almost like you're applying mascara with your fingertips but it's on a little furry applicator. The formula is good and it goes on really nice. Since I've been using Latisse on my lashes for a while now, they are long and this mascara really enhances them. Don't stop making this one Avon!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by emtea88

AVON. They make some great products to cater to budget shoppers like me, and have excellent pigment volume in their eyeshadows BUT...
I was an Avon rep and have tried many of their mascaras and ended up returning them all.

With AVON MEGA EFFECTS MASCARA...
+ Like many others I fell for the innovation gimmick which Avon actually uses a lot. This wand and tube redesign it a fantastic shake up for the boring old mascara application process.
+ The packaging is great. Stylish branding teamed with pop colours. Compact enough to fit.. well, anywhere!
+ The brush looks potentially complicated, but it's actually very easy to use.
- The biggest drawback was the formula. It was watery and ended up more on my eyelids (both upper and lower) than eyelashes, no matter which angle I came from.
- I think this was mainly a problem again with the formula and not the brush, but this mascara gave me barely any coverage or volume. My eyelashes looked short, dispersed and stringy, and all the work done with my eyelash curler was pretty much undone instantly! I ended up using my regular mascara, which even struggled to undo the gelling effect of this product even though you can hardly see it.

ie the innovation is great but its teamed with Avon's terrible mascara formula. If they changed the formula I'd definitely give it another go.

For reference, my everyday mascara is Australis Killer Curves in blackest black, RRP AU$12.95

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG! I am the biggest klutz there is and I am not finding the applicator difficult at all. I found that using an over the head technique is easy (so you are just swiping up with your hand above your eye)that seems to give length. Otherwise I just tilt my head back and come from the front, which is more volume and a thicker look. I love how the applicator gets at & deposits product the roots and I don't have to do that stupid wiggle motion to get it there like w/ a traditional wand. Has made all the difference and my eyes really look defined since I only wear mascara during the day and not a full eye. It also holds my curl all day which I don't find in all mascaras. I find the formula thicker but not clumpy but I do run a comb or another clean wand quickly through as I would any other mascara. It comes off fairly easily but I never noticed any smudging during the day. Sorry to see this isn't getting better feedback because it's really a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hated it, not easy to use

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Loved this mascara. Well, for the first few weeks. It was easy to apply and made my lashes look fuller and more defined. However, as the product started to dry a little in the tube, I began to experience some flaking by late afternoon. By evening, there was a lot of mascara dust under my eyes. If I can find it in stock, I'm going back to Jordana's fabulous Best Lash Extreme (black tube, purple writing).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by haleygwynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first review! Woop woop.

I am not typically overwhelmed with the quality of Avon products. I feel like for the price of a lot of Avon products, I can get something from a drug store that I like better with more options. This mascara is the exception! I am in love, holy moley. The formula of this mascara is spot on, not too wet and shiny, not too dry and clumpy, it's right in the middle. If you like to layer, it dries fairly quickly, but your best results will probably come from doing one layer at a time. (Coat right side, then coat left so the right has time to set a tad before layering).

The brush can be just a touch tricky at first and I did poke my eyelids and it wasn't the most pleasant feeling, but it wasn't any worse than any other time I poke my eye (seems to happen to me a lot).

I only use one coat and I have average eyelashes, and no joke, my eyelashes touch my brow bone. The one thing I can suggest is that Avon sells a 99 cent mascara guard that I LOVE to use with this mascara. The little clusters of bristles on the ends are great for the inner eye and the outer region. The last time I wore this mascara I was asked if I was wearing falsies.

The only thing I would change about the whole get up would be how it opens twice, essentially. It has the cover and then the mascara wand inside. The reason I mention this is because it's a small plastic piece that I have lost in the floor or my makeup bag a couple of times.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No