Avon Avon Mega Effects Mascara

3.3

on 2/20/2015 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

To start out with I am an Avon rep-but please dont think that will change my review. I purchased the mega lash mascara because -of course- it was the newest, next great thing. As far a performance is concerned it was actually a decent product (I will upload a pic); however, the mascara seemed to dry up very quickly and there didnt seem to be a whole lot for the money. Bottom line I wouldnt personally buy it again unless it was a really good sale.

on 2/3/2015 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I very rarely right reviews, but felt compelled to leave a note about this mascara. I do not like it AT ALL! I i gave it the good college try, and tried not to waste it, but I'm not pleased. the packaging is crappy. The red plastic top never stays on, and the funky flexible handle does nothing for me. The formula of the mascara isn't that great as well, but i think it may be better with a different kind of brush/wand. I'm not a fan of plastic bristles on mascara brushes but i tried it because I heard it worked well.

Maybe I'm just really picky with my mascaras, but I wont be repurchasing this item. sorry!

on 1/31/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I dislike the way this mascara makes my lashes look. They appear thin and whispy with little volume and hardly any length. They don't even hold the curl and completely weigh my lashes down! It's hard to work with and I guess my lashes just aren't compatible with the formula. They clump really easy and it's completely un-buildable as my lashes are all crusty and clumpy. It is a complete waste of money as I believe it was around 9 or 8.

on 12/27/2014 3:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

First off - I have just recently started selling Avon but I'm not plugging the products on here. I refused to buy this mascara at first as it costs $19.99 here and I had seen so many negative reviews. But luckily my husband told me I could spend my Christmas money on whatever I wanted so I decided to add this one to the list. I thought if I didn't like it I could easily send it back seeing as I work for the company. I'm here to say that I really like it. I like the adjustable and light wand and the cute packaging. The only problem I have is when using it on my upper lashes if I'm not careful it easily goes all over my eyelids. It works wonderfully on my lower lashes though. Next time I'll be waiting for it to go on sale to buy it though.

on 10/22/2014 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My Avon Lady gave me this as a gift, and I guess I have mixed feelings about it. The Pros: very black pigment; mostly water resistant; long-lasting. The Cons: tricky, somewhat messy application if one isn't careful; some under eye smudging if worn on lower lashes; the lid does not stay on at all- pops off all the time posing a risk for bacteria or product dry out; flakes a little bit after several hours. I guess because it's difficult to apply I don't use it as often as traditional wand mascara, so I would say that I am grateful I didn't pay for it because it would have been a waste of money. 10.00 USD is rather steep for Avon mascara if you ask me. I will not purchase this product.

this product make me confused sometimes i like it and some other i don't i don't like the package because it been dirty

on 10/3/2014 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Don't waste your money. It looked so cool and innovative but it did nothing for me. Wouldn't reccomend it

on 9/24/2014 4:12:00 PM

I'm in two minds about this mascara. I liked (but not loved) it, and if it were cheaper I would likely buy it again (10 is a lot for a mascara in my opinion). When I have time to apply it slowly and carefully, it is fantastic: volume, length, blackest black lashes. However I wear mascara daily, and I usually don't have much time in the morning to apply it, so I prefer a quick swipe and go formulation, which a long handled mascara wand with a huge brush is perfect for. Even a cheap mascara with a fat brush suits me when I'm in a hurry. So I found I wasn't using this mascara often, and I do like to use them up quickly to avoid any bacteria buildup (bit of a germophobe here). I will keep an eye out for any offers from avon in case I can pick it up cheaper than the rrp, but I wasn't sufficiently wowed to buy it again at full price.

on 9/1/2014 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am obsessed with mascara, I have a draw full!
I bought this as I was interested by the new design, and while it took me a few times to get the hang of how to apply it, once I did I thought it was great!
I have long natural lashes that are blonde so I find it hard to find a mascara that really can get to them all but the way the brush is made to adjust I can get every lash!
After using a curling wand, I use a tool where it is a barrier between my lashes and my skin when applying mascara so I dont suffer any product going anywhere it shouldnt, and I liked this so much I bought two back up bottles!
I do sometimes layer it up with another mascara if I really want a massive eye look but day to day this is great by itself.

on 7/16/2014 9:36:00 AM

This product is ridiculous. Was it designed by a man who has never used mascara? It deposits over the eyelid, impossible to apply with a good angle, lid doesn't go on properly.

Popular Mascaras