Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation

3.9

on 4/14/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had high hopes for this product. I've tried it quite a few times but I just can't seem to love it like some people. It might be that the color may be too dark for me because I lightened up from summer time, but I am pretty sure this foundation oxidizes to a shade darker. I have dry skin but this makes my skin oily after a few hours. Also, it does not cover my hyperpigmentation and acne scars well. It also transfers to all my clothes and everything. The good thing is that this product does not make me break out.
I would recommend this product to someone who doesn't have much to cover as a quick fix.
I do enjoy the dense kabuki that is designed to go with this powder.

on 4/7/2015 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! My first foundations were powder (I was maybe 28) then got into liquids and never even considered making one an HG til I tried this baby (I'll be 33 this month) This gives suuuuch great coverage for a powder foundation! I don't have much that needs covered but some ance marks on my chin, BUT I still like a full coverage...and this is med to full. I love the packaging...u get just enough..and if u get it from sephora (u get more color options from there BUT QVC gives u the brush WITH it for 8 extra bucks) Get a flat top Kabul (most makeup addicts already have one or hundred laying around) and a small rubber band around the bristles...YOU JUST MADE YOURSELF A DUPE OF THE BRUSH THEY SAY IS A MUST WIIH THE FOUNDATION. I went and tested the brush out and felt next to my real techniques brush I made...it feels the same...I have combo skin ..this foundation, I swear looks better when I'm having a bad day with dry patches then ANY of my 20 or more liquid foundations! My contour goes like a dream over this powder also.

on 3/22/2015 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have really oily skin, which is not something you want to have when using this product. My face looked very oily a little bit after I applied it. It never stayed on my face and even if i touched my face just a tiny bit, it'd smear right off. It kinda made my face smell funky too. The color was a little darker than I expected it to be but I lived with it.

It looked great when I first applied it though. It made my skin look great. I just wish it could handle oily skin better and didn't come off so easily.

on 3/20/2015 5:01:00 PM

I am pretty fair, and usually the second shade from the lightest one you can get for any drugstore brand. Mac, I am an NC 20 (or 15 when I'm really pale during winter) I have combo skin and use acne products so my skin can get dry. My tone is neutral... I bought fair-light honey for the tarte foundation, thinking it'd be just pale enough. It made me extremely orange!!! It was so dark!! I could not believe it! For mineral powder foundation I always used Everyday Minerals, because their super pale shades come in neutrals and yellowish tones, but are also ACTUALLY fair! I stopped using them and switched to liquid foundation because I wanted more coverage, but then saw this tarte foundation and it's reviews were decent so I wanted to try it. Worst 40 bucks I've spent on foundation... I'm really disappointed. Even the box is lighter than the shade it actually turned out to be. I bet it'd have better coverage if it was actually my shade! Maybe if I faked tanned this summer I'll be able to use it? Anyway, if you're pale like me, just skip this product all together.
Other than the shade issue, the feel of it was pretty okay, and it seemed like it was buildable in coverage for sure. I won't be able to wear it out, so Im not sure how long it'd last.

on 3/9/2015 2:38:00 PM

I have tried many many mineral powder foundations and this is the one I keep coming back to. It has become my favorite, especially for my aging and somewhat dry skin, which normally does not look great with a powder foundation. My 17 year old daughter also uses it, so it works for a variety of skin types. I am prone to breakouts and this gives me none what so ever.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm never the type of person that writes a review on anything..
But..
This product is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL for people with oily skin.
Seriously.
If you are any sort of oily, this will exaggerate your oiliness x10 and slick off your face.
I was very disappointed on how it just completely melted off while I was at work, even trying to touching it up with a rice powder did not help!
My Wal-Mart/drug store foundation NEVER did this to me. Ever. I have never looks so oily!
Within the first 10 minutes of putting this on my face, I was already getting a sheen.. 10 minutes! I'm not even slightly kidding. After an hour it looked like I had rubbed vaseline all over my face!

Now don't get me wrong; it went on great and looked awesome right before the oil started peeking through. This would be great for those who are on the dryer side or normal, Im guessing it would give you more of a satin finish.

Pros:
Great feel
Packaging is nice; not wasteful.

Cons:
NOT FOR OILY SKIN TYPES
Oxidizes a shade darker
Settles into pores and lines
Doesn't cover as advertised, still need concealer.
Not worth the price!

Overall- This was a bust for me, drug store was better than this.

on 1/27/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product because it does give a very smooth, satiny finish. I tried it every day for almost a month, with different primers etc. It always oxodized like crazy, moved around, and faded. It looked great right after I applied but a few hours later- forget it! I have slightly oily skin, so maybe this would work well for someone with dry skin. If you have oily skin- steer clear!

on 7/9/2014 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

The best powder foundation I've tried. It gives a slight dewy look to the skin. I'm using my existing kabuki brush to apply. Th airbuki is pricey in Malaysia

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

First I want to say that I've used a lot of powder foundations. Makeup Forever, Urban Decay,etc. None lasted more than 2 hours.
I have very acne prone and highly sensitive skin. If I use a product containing irritants, my skin will develop a rash, which cannot be covered up by anything. Except this.
It covered up my acne, my rash and gave my skin a beautiful, evened out look. My skin is also very oily and no makeup has ever been able to last more than 2 hours on my skin. It lasted on me from 8:00AM to when I washed it off at 10 at night. On top of all this, it is so easy and quick to apply. I went from hating my skin and feeling terribly self conscious ( which is hard because I'm a lawyer) to feeling great about my skin and liked what I saw when I look in the mirror. If my skin problems sound like yours, I highly recommend you give this a try. Also, I bought the "Airbuki powder foundation brush" that goes with it....it was amazing,it gave me a truly flawless look. I recommend purchasing the brush too, as it really does make a difference. hope this helped

on 6/19/2014 11:55:00 PM

I got this item when Sephora was having their F&F sale cos i didnt think it was worth to spend so much money on an item that I am not sure im going to love.

I didnt buy this item with the brush that you're suppose to use it with, cos the buying the brush can get me another one of these powder and i wasnt sure if i am going to use the brush if i didnt like this item.

I have tested this product with 2 different brushes:

1. I use this powder with my Real Techniques Multitask Brush and it gives a very light coverage. doesnt cover my blemishes and pores but i look kept and less dull. my face was even toned etc. I added a lil blush to finish off. After about 4 hrs,i noticed that my face started to get oily on my cheeks and nose. Also, where my chin area, it actually looks dry and i look like im cracking. my blush started to get blotchy as well.

2. i use this powder with my sephora flat top kabuki brush. While swiling the brush in the powder, i am not able to tell if the powder is in my brush or not. So i just went with it. I was able to get a nice medium coverage and an even tone skin. I loved this technique of using it and even considered buying the tarte brush. Bt i will wait a few days to keep trying this technique 1st before committing to the brush.

I would definately stick the using a kabuki to evenly distribute the product. i like that i dont look so made up like using a liquid foundation. Also, i noticed that the powder doesnt settle i my fine lines under my eyes and my laugh lines ( my biggest problem)

Overall, great product!