Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation

3.8

Mica, Quartz, Ruby Powder, Tourmaline, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Smithsonite Extract, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Hydrolyzed Pearl, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, BHT, Kaolin. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As far as powder foundations go this one is quite nice. It has buildable sheer to medium coverage and sort of melds into your skin so it doesn't look cakey. I'm extremely pale (NW10 or so) with pink undertones and have found that the lightest shade works fairly well for me - it is slightly darker than my skin but after a few mins of being on, it seems to adjust a bit & blends in well. While the powder does seem to have some sparkles in it when you swatch it, on your face you cannot see any glitter. It does last for a full 8hr day on my skin which is quite good for a powder. I have fairly dry skin & sometimes excema on my face and haven't had too much of an issue with this accentuating dryness, although it can stick to flakes if you aren't careful when applying.

I apply this with either the short squat brush that tarte made to go with this or the real techniques expert face brush. The tarte brush seems to work better for buffing & blending it in, while the RT brush works better for building up coverage in specific spots or getting into areas like under the eyes. The packaging is pretty nice for a loose powder - the fabric netting seems to work better than the plastic sifters some loose powders have to control mess. Obviously there can still be some powder getting out of the container but that happens with any loose powder to some extent. Overall it is a very good powder foundation that I suspect would suit many people as an everyday foundation - it is perhaps not quite full coverage enough for a full face on a night out but for work & everyday wear it is plenty. I am nearly finished with my first container of it and will definitely be buying it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I was looking for other variants to a mineral powder cos im begining to think that my HG Bare Minerals powder, is clogging up my acne-prone skin over a rather long period of quiet reliance. Was quite intrigued by how the Amazonian clay could be a nice alternative to minerals, so I went for it. Also, I really appreciate their hugest range of powder foundation colours with generous explanations of what hue with what undertones. Light-Medium Beige (light-medium skintones with pink undertones) was my choice cos I know I prefer PINK undertones although im an Asian. (ref NC30-35) It does contain fine shimmers that 'reflects light' & claimed to be an 'airbrush powder foundation' but I just don't prefer this powder's finish compared to BM, where I actually look more airbrushed. This cover my acne scars well, is a good match on me, but it kinda looks flat matte which I do not prefer. It was quite 'shimmery' on my arm when I swatched it. But on my face, it was dull-y. It didn't break me out, it possibly clogs up lesser than BM, but I cannot live with a matte-looking powder foundation when I know there are options to look more 'subtly strobed'. Oh well, I'll still use it til it runs out, and I'll still use the BM to layer on this just for that preferred finish. Maybe works for some out there, but not totally my cup of T.

This product is extremely overpriced for what it is. I would say it's light coverage and doesn't build to a full coverage. The shade range isn't wide and I'm warm toned but I found alot of the foundations to be VERY orange---noticeably so, people would comment that i looked more "tan". Also, the packaging sucks. There's no lid to swirl the product on since there's a stopper connected to the lid. And dipping your brush straight in the container with the mesh (you have to see it) gives you way too much product with nowhere to tap it off.

Returned this product to Ulta. It is NOT full coverage. I have other powder foundations that are and this just isn't up to par. The packaging is annoying, it seems like a good idea but I just don't like it. It's like it has to be used exclusively with their brush. I was disappointed, especially because the price was so high!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love this powder! It's very versatile- I use it as both a powder foundation and a finishing powder. I bought this in Medium-Tan Sand and the color is the perfect medium golden tan for my NC40-42 skin. It's fall right now so I'll probably switch to Tan Sand (one shade darker) for summer time.

It's very smooth and light- it never feels chalky or heavy or make my skin itchy or dry. It also doesn't settle into lines or pores or dry patches of skin. It doesn't completely mattify the skin so it doesn't look powdery- I just get an "airbrushed" and illuminated complexion. Lasting power is amazing- it stays on through a sweaty workout and doesn't "melt" off like liquid foundations.

I've been using the Real Techniques sculpting brush to apply this as a foundation. I tried the Tarte Airbuki brush that's meant to be used with this powder but I didn't find that it was worth the $30. I do find that stippling the powder after buffing it helps build more coverage. I can also use this with a big fluffy brush to set my makeup.

I like that you don't need a huge amount of product to get the desired result. The packaging is very creative and less messy than most loose powders. It has a net in the center that allows you to bounce your brush to load more powder onto it, instead of just dipping the brush directly into the powder.

I will definitely buy this again, the color and texture are perfect and I love how there are no silicones or oils, so it doesn't break me out. Highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to accompany the Tarte liquid foundation for more staying power since my Lancome Blanc Expert pressed powder wasn't doing the job. However, after using the liquid foundation twice and receiving horrible cystic breakouts due to ingredients that were falsely advertised as non-comodegenic (more details under my profile for the review in more detail), I am returning this without using it at home. I also looked up the ingredients of this on cosdna.com, and I shudder what would have happened if I had continued to wear both the Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation with SPF 15 plus this Powder Foundation for a full day.

I have experienced having this brushed onto my face by a national representative of Tarte when I was first introduced to Tarte products.

It seems messy to apply, but the love the packaging. The net is easier than a solid filter, in my opinion. Furthermore, you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck in the amount given.

This is my favorite powder foundation. It took me about 3 tries to get the color match correct but once I finally found it (fair-light neutral) this powder goes on flawlessly. I've repurchased fair-light neutral three times so far. I use a primer and some days I use the tarte tinted moisturizer underneath. I apply it with the Urban Decay optical blurring brush but you can use any dense kabuki brush. You don't need the brush that Tarte recommends. I like to set with setting spray and loose powder. I have dry skin but this does not cling to my dry patches and it covers blemishes well. It gives you an airbrushed look that is also looks natural. Everyone asks me what foundation I'm using when I wear this. The packaging is interesting. The mesh and dark tinted container makes it hard to see how much is left. When I'm getting down to the bottom of the container I put my brush over the mesh and shake it upside down. I don't think I will ever try another powder foundation as long as Tarte keeps selling this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've repurchased this powder about 3 times now. This powder provides a medium coverage with a slightly satin finish and all day staying power. I have normal skin but on some days when it's warm or I have some extra oil production, I do end up a bit too shiny by the end of the day however I've had that happen with any powder I don't reapply. It does smear if it gets oily or sweaty. I'd rather not have a matte foundation, but oily girls may want to stay away.

I wear the lightest shade and it is slightly dark for winter. I have fair cool toned skin and usually wear the lightest shades in most makeup brands. It does nicely in summer though, as my skin gets slightly darker being out doors. I've read reviews that this oxidizes with wear, and I have noted that is the case however it is very mild on me and not noticeable enough to cause me to stop wearing this.

This foundation goes on well over skin creams. It does settle into creases if you use too much, but with a gentle hand I don't have a problem. I use sephora's kabuki brush. I dont like to wear primers with this. Blushes and bronzer applies well on top of this foundation. As I mentioned it is medium coverage - I have some freckles and 'beauty spots' that it covers nicely.

This is by far the best powder I have ever tried. I have always had a hard time finding a powder that is true to my skin color and stays on all day! I'm not a fan of heavy-feeling makeup, but I also like to have a little coverage. This product feels light on my skin, but also covers blemishes. It wont smear off like other powders I've tried. It also keeps my face shine free, even during a long shift at work!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had high hopes for this product. I've tried it quite a few times but I just can't seem to love it like some people. It might be that the color may be too dark for me because I lightened up from summer time, but I am pretty sure this foundation oxidizes to a shade darker. I have dry skin but this makes my skin oily after a few hours. Also, it does not cover my hyperpigmentation and acne scars well. It also transfers to all my clothes and everything. The good thing is that this product does not make me break out.
I would recommend this product to someone who doesn't have much to cover as a quick fix.
I do enjoy the dense kabuki that is designed to go with this powder.