July 24, 2014 | 969 users online

Powder - Tarte - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by valerie12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best powder foundation I've tried. It gives a slight dewy look to the skin. I'm using my existing kabuki brush to apply. Th airbuki is pricey in Malaysia

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by KL38AnikulapoKuti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First I want to say that I've used a lot of powder foundations. Makeup Forever, Urban Decay,etc. None lasted more than 2 hours.
I have very acne prone and highly sensitive skin. If I use a product containing irritants, my skin will develop a rash, which cannot be covered up by anything. Except this.
It covered up my acne, my rash and gave my skin a beautiful, evened out look. My skin is also very oily and no makeup has ever been able to last more than 2 hours on my skin. It lasted on me from 8:00AM to when I washed it off at 10 at night. On top of all this, it is so easy and quick to apply. I went from hating my skin and feeling terribly self conscious ( which is hard because I'm a lawyer) to feeling great about my skin and liked what I saw when I look in the mirror. If my skin problems sound like yours, I highly recommend you give this a try. Also, I bought the "Airbuki powder foundation brush" that goes with it....it was amazing,it gave me a truly flawless look. I recommend purchasing the brush too, as it really does make a difference. hope this helped

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by natassjaz

I got this item when Sephora was having their F&F sale cos i didnt think it was worth to spend so much money on an item that I am not sure im going to love.

I didnt buy this item with the brush that you're suppose to use it with, cos the buying the brush can get me another one of these powder and i wasnt sure if i am going to use the brush if i didnt like this item.

I have tested this product with 2 different brushes:

1. I use this powder with my Real Techniques Multitask Brush and it gives a very light coverage. doesnt cover my blemishes and pores but i look kept and less dull. my face was even toned etc. I added a lil blush to finish off. After about 4 hrs,i noticed that my face started to get oily on my cheeks and nose. Also, where my chin area, it actually looks dry and i look like im cracking. my blush started to get blotchy as well.

2. i use this powder with my sephora flat top kabuki brush. While swiling the brush in the powder, i am not able to tell if the powder is in my brush or not. So i just went with it. I was able to get a nice medium coverage and an even tone skin. I loved this technique of using it and even considered buying the tarte brush. Bt i will wait a few days to keep trying this technique 1st before committing to the brush.

I would definately stick the using a kabuki to evenly distribute the product. i like that i dont look so made up like using a liquid foundation. Also, i noticed that the powder doesnt settle i my fine lines under my eyes and my laugh lines ( my biggest problem)

Overall, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by medsmku

This is my first powder foundation, so I'm still trying to get used to it being naturally messier than compact foundation, but once on, I love it! A little goes a long way, it doesn't dry out my skin, doesn't settle into the fine lines on my forehead, looks totally natural, and looks great the whole day! I have sensitive dry skin, and this stuff is really comfortable. Warning though, too much and you could look orange.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by skittlebunny

This is my HG powder/powder foundation/foundation. It gives me nice, medium-full coverage and can be used on its own or over BB cream/liquid foundation. This powder gives me a natural finish, not too matte and not too dewy, and keeps oil at bay for a few hours. It doesn't cake up or crease and lasts all day. While it may look glittery when swatched, it looks very natural on the face and you really can't see any shimmer at all. It also doesn't transfer onto your clothes if you don't add too much, and has great staying power. Overall, I recommend this to people of all skin types (if you have dry skin, make sure to moisturize well), as it really does do everything it claims and more,

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ChristyCheryl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is better than BareMinerals to me. I always loved BareMinerals and never had any issues. But then again, I never wore it that long but once I started wearing it for full days, first on a 15 hour train ride and then during my 12 hour day class schedules in college, I noticed it was irritating my skin. So I loved the powdered make up but that was not cutting it for me. SO when tarte came out with this powder I had to try it and I am glad I did. It is my new favorite. Not to mention their kabuki brush to apply it is the best brush ever for all powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd never tried a powder foundation before, so I had no idea what to expect. I got the lightest shade which I believe is "Fair Honey", which looked quite yellow. However, when I apply it to my face with a Real Techniques brush I can't see any yellow at all. This provides medium coverage, I would say. It looks pretty natural and not powdery. I think this has started a love affair between me and powder foundations because it's so easy to apply and quick! I love the packaging and how there's a netting to make it so that you don't get too much product flying around when you open it. I saw that another reviewer mentioned it being glittery, however I don't see any glitter at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really really like this. Beautifully smooth application with either the kabuki that Tarte has paired with this powder or the RealTechniques Expert Face Brush. I have used Bare Minerals & philosophy's powders in the past and like this the best. Does settle into my forehead a little, but that is more my fault because I apply too much product there sometimes. I don't feel that this is sparkly at all...just has a nice sheen that gives you a glow. Little goes a long way! Agree with other reviewers that the packaging needs work...that mesh thing will be snipped away once the powder level drops too low. Otherwise, great staying power, especially when layered over their BB cream. No skin issues related to this that I can identify. Lovely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My new daily go-to! Mainly because it can be applied super fast with a kabuki brush, way faster than liquid foundations. It is slightly sparkly but nothing will appear on the face as the sparkles are very tiny. As a comparison, it has about the same amount of sparkles but they are less obvious than NARS light reflecting loose powder. Despite the sparkles, I would not classify this foundation as glowy. On me, it looks like a satin finish.

To be honest, if you're looking for the nicest and most natural finish, a powder foundation is seldom as good as or better than a liquid one which is the case here. However, I'm always in a rush in the morning and this is a good time saver for me...so even though I "like" but not "love" the satin finish, i am still going to use this foundation.

I'm NC15 and using the lightest shade, fair honey. It's described as "fair skin with peach undertones". I'm neutral and I find the shade a tad too yellow and light for me. But after a while, it looks better..perhaps it just needs time to settle into the skin. This foundation lasts all day and I do not find that the oil control is better than others that I have tried. However, I do not have oily skin and I use setting sprays to help my make up stay.

Coverage-wise, I find it sheer-medium. I have not tried putting multiple layers of it on my face because I do not require much coverage so I am not sure if it can be built up to full coverage. This goes REALLY well with Tarte's BB primer. They are seriously a match made in heaven. So if more coverage is needed, I would rather put the BB primer on first as a base then powder this on.

Lastly, the matching kabuki brush is definitely unnecessary. No point getting the small kabuki brush if you have a flat top kabuki at home. Sigma F80 fits perfectly on the mesh where the powder is tapped out. Your kabuki brush has to fit or be bigger than the size of the mesh so that no spillage occurs when tapping the powder out. I have used a ruler to measure the diameter (lol) and the diameter of the mesh is approx 1.5 inches. Hope that helps!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe some people say that this is not glittery. I tried it on my hand at Sephora and it was a glitter bomb. Yes, even in the uncertain lighting of the store. If that's the look you go for, by all means, enjoy. To each his own. And I'm not saying it's a horrid product.

But anyone who says this is not glittery must be wearing this in the dark.