April 19, 2014 | 1110 users online

Powders - Fyrinnae - Finishing Powder: Hollywood Sorcery

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

'Tis a similar colour to their "It Beautifies!" eyeshadow, a peachy-tan, but obviously diluted as it's a finishing powder. My main issue with this is that it is a below average finishing powder. Goes on blotchy over liquid foundation. Initially it'll look fine but after 15 min? Not so, Antonio. Seems to emphasize any pore issue. I can see fangirls hissing at me right now: SHADDUP AND USE A PORE REFINING PRIMER! Over a powder, it goes on better, and looks better. Also, it makes a wonderful, soft cheek highlight that manages to tan you at the same time! Will I repurchase? I think for the price, it's a killer bronzer/powder-topper-upper. The packaging is an issue (had to shift it to one of my son's plastic food containers), plus doesn't function well as a proper finishing powder--so I took off two stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by MaryaliciaVerdecchia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great bronzer, light and the slihtest hint of shimmer. I am an Olive skinned and it looks great. I dislike the small packaging, I must transfer it to apply it, but I love the options to buy samples to try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

For Reference. I am Oily, Combo, sensitive, Acne prone, and clog prone. And my Skin Coloring Ranges from NC5 to NC12 depending on my exposure to sunlight. (if we play "let's pretend these MAC shades exist"). Right now (as I write this review on the first day of summer) I am leaning a little towards NC10.

From the Fyrinnae Webside :
" A completely transparent soft bronze glow, not sparkle, that doubles as a light-diffusing powder. This powder contains no titanium dioxide or other whiteners, so can work on any skintone. May add a slight hue to pale skin. Use as an accent or all over face. Name is not actual claim to sorcery, magic, work wonders, and so forth. It's a powder, not a Genie. 50s Retro Collection.

Ingredients: Mica, Silica, Iron Oxide, Magnesium Stearate (very small pertcentage).
Available in a sifter jar (approximately 7 grams weight, smaller than our other finishing powders, same size jar as our large Fluff and 7 gm Powder Primer) and sample jar."

Never been able to use a bronzer in my life. But I picked up a sample size of this just because I get intrigued from time to time about such things. I use Pure silica powder as a finishing powder all the time. We are best buds me and silica. Since this is a "transparent bronze" meant to be used as a finishing powder, I still felt it may be too ever so slightly tinted to put all over for me. So I haven't yet, though I should. But what I have done, is apply it like I would a bronzer on the places where sun would naturally hit my face, and I get the Slightest hint of color. I am not applying it "sparingly" but more like I would a blush, with a dense soft brush. I think it's freakin' beautiful, and I am going to get a full size the moment I run out. A+