Calista Tools - Perfecter Fusion Styler

2.5

Love this product. I bought it three years ago when I had hair past shoulder length and still use it on my short angled haircut. It is fantastic for those days when my hair goes flat, needs some lift or has crinkles in it from sleeping on it. I can even wash my hair at night and quickly style it in the morning with a few passes through my hair. Because I have color treated and highlighted hair, I am careful to not use anything that will fry my hair. This is gentle and I've never had any split ends or damage from it. I like the fact the mine has two temperature choices, though newer ones have even more, I think. I'm shocked by negative reviews here because this is so much easier to use than a curling iron, flat iron, round hot brush or blow dryer with a round brush. It's the best tool I've ever found - and I have tried SO many. I never want to be without the perfector.

on 8/28/2014 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have developed older hair that is kinky/frizzy. This is so easy. I let my hair air dry and then use the style to smooth my hair. I haven't really tried a curly style, but i'm sure with an extra hand, I could get a good style.

on 4/8/2014 6:37:00 PM

I really like this. Of note, this is not for producing curls, it is for smoothing the hair. I do not have enough dexterity and coordination to give myself a proper blow out. So I turn my head upside down and rough blow dry. Then I use this all over to smooth the hair and curl under just to get my hair going all the same direction (I do have naturally straight hair). It heats up very quickly (<1 min). I have fine/thin hair and I still use it on the hottest setting, I could see where if you had thicker hair, it might not do much unless you used super small sections. I took one star off, because I have dropped this from counter height twice and each time I lost about 5-8 teeth off the comb. It is also really expensive for what it is. that being said, I bought a backup from QVC when it was a TSV so I will never be without.

I got this product a few months ago and I am in love with it. It's much healthier for your hair than using straighteners, blow dryers, etc. it helps remove frizz and adds body to your hair. I use it to curl my hair sometimes. My side bangs get the best ringlet curls from it. It takes a few tries to do some of the things (,get curls or waves) but once you do you'll love it. Like my hair is very frizzy and thick but in the morning I just brush my hair with this a couple of times and it smooths it down and loosens my odd waves. I recommend it to everyone and yeah sure you're not going to get perfect hair the first time, but if you keep doing it, then you'll love too.

on 3/4/2014 11:16:00 PM

It worked ok nothing like the commercials. Turned it on one morning and in less than 5 min the bristles started melting. Took it back to bed bath & beyond where I bought and was given a hassle free refund . Will not repurchase.

on 1/22/2014 1:22:00 PM

I bought this back in August and it really didn't work. It wasn't worth the money so tried to return it and was given the run around. After several calls and more time than I wanted to spend on this, I talked to a supervisor and was told that my return was received after the warranty period. I had used Fed-Ex and required a signature and had proof of when they received it (they didn't record receiving for 4 days after actual receipt) they finally agreed to refund my money. That was a month ago and still haven't seen the refund. Just got off the phone again and was told I will have it within 2 business days. We'll see. DON'T BUY THIS DIRECT!!!! If you buy this, which I don't recommend, get at local store so you can return.

on 12/15/2013 6:40:00 AM

I bought this at 2am one morning. I have thick, wavy hair that I spend 45 minutes each morning straightening. I also have two daughters that have Shirley Temple ringlet curls, but want board straight hair now that they are older. It takes over an hour to straighten each girl's thick, long, curly hair. The Perfecter commercial boasted you could do your hair in 3 minutes. They even showed wonderful results on an African American lady's hair. I could only find a couple of reviews and they had to have been written by the company that sells it because this thing is absolute junk. It doesn't do anything it claims to do AND cost me over $100. It certainly doesn't straighten (it's not hot enough) and it won't even curl, despite how long you hold it there. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! I still recommend the SEDU for thick and curly hair straightening. Around the same price as a Chi, but works so much better.

on 11/2/2013 2:07:00 PM

I actually like this. I use it to spruce up my Day 2 hair. A couple of things: it does style like it says if you use it properly. It is HOTTER than you think, so be careful not to hold it in hair too long. My hair DOES look shiny and frizz-free.
I'm not sure if it's drying out my hair though. Just like a ceramic iron, when you use this hair appears to be healthy and shiny - but you have to question if the heat does long term damage?
For me, this is better than a curling iron - which just curls my hair too intense. And better than a ceramic flatiron - which just makes my hair look too flat and lifeless. This is in between and gives my hair natural looking body.
Probably ideal for those who have mid-short, layered hair. Mine is shoulder length with some layers (think Julie Bowen).
Would I buy it again if I lost it? Not sure. I could probably live without it (I'd just go back to hairdryer and water bottle fix-ups in between shampoos). So, rated it a 3 overall. Not holy grail material, but I do like it.

EDIT: this broke within a year and just stopped heating up. Poor quality.

on 9/23/2013 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Check out my youtube review and tutorial on the perfector fusion styler

on 7/30/2013 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I would give this product/company minus 100 if I could. The product is nowhere near worth $100. A $10 curling iron does a much better job and provides longer lasting curl. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered in all of my years of buying. They lie, blame their errors on the bank, and they are totally dishonest. Avoid this company at all costs.

Popular Hair Styling Tools