October 24, 2014 | 1528 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Calista Tools - Perfecter Fusion Styler

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by BND

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have developed older hair that is kinky/frizzy. This is so easy. I let my hair air dry and then use the style to smooth my hair. I haven't really tried a curly style, but i'm sure with an extra hand, I could get a good style.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this. Of note, this is not for producing curls, it is for smoothing the hair. I do not have enough dexterity and coordination to give myself a proper blow out. So I turn my head upside down and rough blow dry. Then I use this all over to smooth the hair and curl under just to get my hair going all the same direction (I do have naturally straight hair). It heats up very quickly (<1 min). I have fine/thin hair and I still use it on the hottest setting, I could see where if you had thicker hair, it might not do much unless you used super small sections. I took one star off, because I have dropped this from counter height twice and each time I lost about 5-8 teeth off the comb. It is also really expensive for what it is. that being said, I bought a backup from QVC when it was a TSV so I will never be without.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Hockeygirl03

I got this product a few months ago and I am in love with it. It's much healthier for your hair than using straighteners, blow dryers, etc. it helps remove frizz and adds body to your hair. I use it to curl my hair sometimes. My side bangs get the best ringlet curls from it. It takes a few tries to do some of the things (,get curls or waves) but once you do you'll love it. Like my hair is very frizzy and thick but in the morning I just brush my hair with this a couple of times and it smooths it down and loosens my odd waves. I recommend it to everyone and yeah sure you're not going to get perfect hair the first time, but if you keep doing it, then you'll love too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Cathy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It worked ok nothing like the commercials. Turned it on one morning and in less than 5 min the bristles started melting. Took it back to bed bath & beyond where I bought and was given a hassle free refund . Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by drae59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this back in August and it really didn't work. It wasn't worth the money so tried to return it and was given the run around. After several calls and more time than I wanted to spend on this, I talked to a supervisor and was told that my return was received after the warranty period. I had used Fed-Ex and required a signature and had proof of when they received it (they didn't record receiving for 4 days after actual receipt) they finally agreed to refund my money. That was a month ago and still haven't seen the refund. Just got off the phone again and was told I will have it within 2 business days. We'll see. DON'T BUY THIS DIRECT!!!! If you buy this, which I don't recommend, get at local store so you can return.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Kris6332

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at 2am one morning. I have thick, wavy hair that I spend 45 minutes each morning straightening. I also have two daughters that have Shirley Temple ringlet curls, but want board straight hair now that they are older. It takes over an hour to straighten each girl's thick, long, curly hair. The Perfecter commercial boasted you could do your hair in 3 minutes. They even showed wonderful results on an African American lady's hair. I could only find a couple of reviews and they had to have been written by the company that sells it because this thing is absolute junk. It doesn't do anything it claims to do AND cost me over $100. It certainly doesn't straighten (it's not hot enough) and it won't even curl, despite how long you hold it there. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! I still recommend the SEDU for thick and curly hair straightening. Around the same price as a Chi, but works so much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by kyleshauna

I actually like this. I use it to spruce up my Day 2 hair. A couple of things: it does style like it says if you use it properly. It is HOTTER than you think, so be careful not to hold it in hair too long. My hair DOES look shiny and frizz-free.
I'm not sure if it's drying out my hair though. Just like a ceramic iron, when you use this hair appears to be healthy and shiny - but you have to question if the heat does long term damage?
For me, this is better than a curling iron - which just curls my hair too intense. And better than a ceramic flatiron - which just makes my hair look too flat and lifeless. This is in between and gives my hair natural looking body.
Probably ideal for those who have mid-short, layered hair. Mine is shoulder length with some layers (think Julie Bowen).
Would I buy it again if I lost it? Not sure. I could probably live without it (I'd just go back to hairdryer and water bottle fix-ups in between shampoos). So, rated it a 3 overall. Not holy grail material, but I do like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by itszeetime

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Check out my youtube review and tutorial on the perfector fusion styler

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ceilingfan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would give this product/company minus 100 if I could. The product is nowhere near worth $100. A $10 curling iron does a much better job and provides longer lasting curl. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered in all of my years of buying. They lie, blame their errors on the bank, and they are totally dishonest. Avoid this company at all costs.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Jane_Dewey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hair Type: 3b

I saw the informercials and could not find any reviews online so decided to buy it. I returned it minus the shipping and handling I paid when I didn't like the results after trying it. Customer service simply refunded the money. No hassle return.

The product is similar to a hot curling brush that retails for around $10.00. If you have ever tried to straighten or curl your hair with one of those, you will get similar results with this styling tool.

The heat from the styling tool wasn't hot enough to prevent keep my hair from frizzing and reverting back to curly within about ten minutes.

Without really high heat from a blow dryer and round brush or from a flat iron, my 3b type curly hair will not stay straight.

This styling tool did not work for me.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No