Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Gloss

2.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The packaging for this is awful! The hole is too small for the doe foot applicator so I end up using the side of the tube in order to get some actual product dispensed. Also the color I got (Sunny Day) is so unpigmented I might as well be wearing a clear gloss or Chapstick basically. It is meh but for $9 I expected a much superior product to this. Maybe the darker shades show up better? There needs to be more shades & im not even going to try another shade. Def not rebuy. Lastly this smells like PlayDoh I agree below! I only like this because it is for the most part "all natural" ingredients as close as I'm gonna get from the grocery store anyways but these are def not worth $9 bucks. The MAC Lipglasses remain my fave. So the search for more DS lipglosses continue. My ELF $3 lipglosses are even better for 1/3 price!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I fell in love with the shade (very Nars Orgasmish), but it's a weak product. I agree with other reviewers that the smell is a bit off putting and that's the first issue. Second, it's not that moisturizing, my lips absorb it within an hours. I'm constantly reapplying. Lastly a packaging issue is that the hole is to small for the wand and when I close it gloss leaks out a lot and I have to clean it with a tissue. No benefits besides the pretty shade.

I wanted to like this stuff so bad, but it does not deliver. It's pricey for what you get, and the applicator does not pick up very much product at all. It almost feels like I'm digging into an old lipgloss that's running out of product. You have to dip the wand in over and over to get the desired amount of product. Once you get enough product it's actually not that bad. The consistency is nice, but not very moisturizing and could do with some sort of fragrance bc the taste is kind of off putting for me. Overall I'm not a fan unfortunately and won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I like them! My experience seems very different to what many reviewers have said though. I purchased Ruby Moon (berry) and Summer Twilight (watermelon) last year on sale at 2 for $14. Both colours are sheer enough to consider a strong tint, rather than an opaque gloss. I don't find them sticky after a few seconds, the medium consistency and doefoot applicator makes it very quick and easy for me to apply in a hurry even without a mirror, they don't bleed and do layer well over balms and lipstick, and as far as lipgloss goes, it has pretty good lasting power at over 3 hours without any meaningful staining. I have used scores of glosses over the last 20 years and the only similar gloss product I have tried that lasts longer is Marc Jacobs Lip Vinyls at 8 times the price and much stickier! If you are after a glassy, wet finish or a very opaque coverage I can understand why these can be disappointing, but I happily wear even the darker shades for a comfortable colour during the day and for extra dimension and hydration over lipstick at night. I can't fault them for the price or performance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product very much. I think that this lip gloss is very silky on my lips allthough its way to sheer in the color i bought it in (sunny day) andwould want a different color.
The packaging is very cute with the honey comb lid.
The price is horrible but I would buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I may be the minority here - but I really like this stuff. I have it in the shade 'Summer Twilight' and once it fades a little it adds such a subtle reddish pink color to my lips. This stuff is SUPER thick and sticky so applying a balm before hand is a must. These are normally pretty expensive ($9-ish after tax) and my tube seems to get so much product stuck around the top where the applicator twists around. I'd probably repurchase if I found it on sale!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in shade 'Starry Night'. I thought it would be a nice vampy shade, but it isn't. When applied on the lips, it will look like a purple/mauve sheen. Which is great if you want a subtle vampy look. I also like the packaging, the honey comb touch on the wand is very cute and unique. The only thing I don't like about this product that it is very sticky and doesn't last for long.

I really wanted to like this, but it's really not good. I tried 'Evening Glow', which is a brick-ish red with subtle gold shimmer. I never knew a gloss could be so drying. It doesn't provide much moisture or shine, and it has a slightly odd taste to it. You definitely need to dip the doe-foot applicator in two or three times to get enough product to have even coverage. The color payoff is pretty good, but it's just too drying for me. I don't love it enough to make it work with layering balm/other gloss on top. Tossed it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in a nude pink called "Ocean Sunrise". The product is very sticky but doesn't feel soothing, moisturizing or conditioning. The doe-foot wand doesn't retrieve much product. It's really not good. Next time I will purchase a lip shimmer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I can see why there are a few "middle of the road" reviews on these glosses.

I bought "Ruby Moon" when it was 75% off at CVS, so I didn't pay a whole lot. I like the color, it's darker and a great way to ease one's way into dark lips. Sadly, the gloss doesn't offer much staying power and I really dislike the applicator. Doe foot applicators aren't my favorite in general, but this one seems especially odd. Definitely not "swipe and go" if that is what you're looking for.

The product itself is again, "just ok". It's pretty thick and does have a generally sweet smell. The smell doesn't bother me too much. There is a taste to this product too, which I don't love. I have to work it around on my lips a bit to get it just right.

Basically, this is a product that I won't mind just throwing in my bag because I won't care too much if it gets lost or damaged.

I will add the 100% natural is a big plus, at least for me. If that is important to you then maybe you'll like this gloss enough to make it work, especially since the price isn't outrageous.

Recommended for Medium Skin