December 20, 2014 | 1433 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - 100% Natural Lip Gloss

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by ellen1159

I bought this in a nude pink called "Ocean Sunrise". The product is very sticky but doesn't feel soothing, moisturizing or conditioning. The doe-foot wand doesn't retrieve much product. It's really not good. Next time I will purchase a lip shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by SanDiegoAli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I can see why there are a few "middle of the road" reviews on these glosses.

I bought "Ruby Moon" when it was 75% off at CVS, so I didn't pay a whole lot. I like the color, it's darker and a great way to ease one's way into dark lips. Sadly, the gloss doesn't offer much staying power and I really dislike the applicator. Doe foot applicators aren't my favorite in general, but this one seems especially odd. Definitely not "swipe and go" if that is what you're looking for.

The product itself is again, "just ok". It's pretty thick and does have a generally sweet smell. The smell doesn't bother me too much. There is a taste to this product too, which I don't love. I have to work it around on my lips a bit to get it just right.

Basically, this is a product that I won't mind just throwing in my bag because I won't care too much if it gets lost or damaged.

I will add the 100% natural is a big plus, at least for me. If that is important to you then maybe you'll like this gloss enough to make it work, especially since the price isn't outrageous.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by BuffyTheMoronSlayer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought Starry Night which is a dark purple with a shimmer. I like it. It's not as thick as a MAC lip glass and it's not so thin that it bleeds. The color starts off dark but it fades into a mauve stain without the horrid "ring around the lip." It doesn't dry or make my lips flake.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Burt's Bees I love your company but come one this was one awful product!

I got a pink shade in the Allure beauty box. I was excited to try it.

The scent was nice, sweet but okay, and on the color was a totally decent pink w shimmer.

This was SO STICKY, it was like trying to put liquid glue on the lips, it just feels horrible on. If you can get past the uncomfortable feeling, the color was just okay, the gloss made my lips look really red which i tend to dislike, even though the color was a sheer light pink in the tube.

And here where this product became total crap: I was trying to use it up and went to grab it one morning and the whole thing just shattered in my hands. Like the part where the cap meets the tub became all splintered and broken and it would no longer close properly.
Look im not incredible hulk but I should not be breaking a plastic tube just my grabbing it, how ridiculous. I wound up just throwing it away becuase it was messy and leaking everywhere with the broken tube. I would not pay $8-$10 bucks for this sticky mess, I will never try BB lip gloss again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Burt's Bees, so I was ecstatic when their shiny new lip gloss line hit the stores. I expected nothing short of brilliance, as their lip shimmers and lip shines are wonderful, but, truth be told, this lip gloss was a big disappointment. It stands out from the wealth of competitors because it is all natural in the ingredients, but there is simply too many cons to this product for me to recommend it to anyone. On BB's website, this gloss claims to deliver "rich pearlized color with high impact shine;" while it does deliver shine and fine shimmery finish, describing the color as rich is extremely misleading. I would say the consistency of this lip gloss is rich, but certainly not the color. As others have noted, the color is sheer, very much like BB's lip shines. I have tried Rosy Dawn, which is gorgeous dark rose in the tube, but the pigment is virtually lost upon application. Even when I "pile it up," the color stays sheer and only adds more stickiness and heaviness to my lips. For $9 and the claims in the ads, I expected a lot richer color payoff than this. This gloss is also rather sticky and, as someone else said, seeps out a bit, when the cap is twisted closed, leaving glop that's ready to invade your hand or the object the glop touches. I know I wouldn't want to be kissed with this on, as it's so thick. The scent reminds me of outside when it has just rained in the Summer, for some reason... Or perhaps I have never smelled Play-Doh that everyone references. At the least, it is not an unpleasant scent. But the color payoff and the stickiness is a deal-breaker for me. I would not recommend this gloss to anyone, even if it cost only a buck.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this today. Had a 2 dollar off coupon. It's alright, not AMAZING. I chose the color in evening glow. Its very sheer as others mentioned. I would honestly save your money though. I'll use mine up, but will not purchase any of the other shades.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

NOT impressed, my lips are barely pigmented & the shade I got Ocean Sunrise goes on practically sheer. In the tube its a pretty light color- lavendar pink (looks warm, not blue undertone) with slight silver shimmer but goes on clear-cant even detect the shimmer!

Another reviewer said it smells like play-doh: I second that! Tastes like vanilla. Only pro besides natural ingredients its not sticky. Definetly going back to the ds it came from.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by SwordInStone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

As other reviewers mentioned, the smell is terrible. It reminds me of Play-Doh, though it's not quite that bad; it's just overly sweet and disgusting, especially on a hot day. I think that's how the Maybelline lipsticks smell, only they aren't made with natural ingredients...

I got this in Sweet Sunset, which swatches really dark, but on the lips it's much sheerer. Most of the colors are really sheer anyway, and if you get one of the lighter ones, then it probably doesn't matter which one you get. I am relatively pale with yellow skin, and this color looks good on me, sort of like my own lip color, but darker. And more shiny. It doesn't have interesting colorful shimmers. It just looks shiny.

As weird as this will sound, I sometimes put this on a few hours after I go out, because the gloss fades before the color does. In fact, I even put it on before bed.

Packaging is beautiful, much better-looking than LancĂ´me and Dior and Chanel nonsense, in my opinion. But it isn't practical; something to do with physics, I think, but the gloss squelches out when I close it, sometimes. To cut down on the mess factor I would apply it not with the tip of the wand, but with the side of the wand, which would come up covered with gloss every time. However, this is to be expected, isn't it?

All in all, just like it. It's sticky and catches my hair, and it's more shiny than pigmented and smells bad, but for some reason I just really like it. The packaging is too attractive.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Love2Laugh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product at Ulta yesterday in the color Dusty Mauve. It is a VERY sheer purple-y mauve color; almost undetectable in color. I had to swipe it on a white tissue to even decipher the color. Burt Bee's products tend to get good ratings, but I have shied away from the lip balms which have peppermint oil in them. Peppermint oil irritates my lips. The ingredient list looked pretty good for moisture and slip. Fortunately this gloss has no peppermint oil in it, so I thought I would give it a try. I have been looking for this color in a gloss for a while, and the price seemed agreeable, but this product falls way short for me. While it is sheer, I do want more color pay off. So if you are in the market for a sheer gloss, this might be for you, however other things about this product may dissuade you from purchasing it. The smell is odd as other reviews have said; if you took a banana, poured vanilla on it, and then soaked it in plastic goo you'd probably get the same effect. It is not a strong smell, just not pleasing at all. Fortunately the scent doesn't linger. As far as texture goes, this was actually quite lovely. The applicator tip was a doe foot, but it was smaller so I had to dip into the pot several times to get my lips good and coated. Overall, this one is not a winner. I need all 6, texture, color pay-off, scent, ingredients, price, and application for it to be a winner, and this one loses it in 4 of the 6 areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't have a lot of experience with lip glosses, but I wanted a hydrated product in a flattering tint, so I bought this Burt's Bees product in "Starry Night" (a dark plum).

The pro's: The color is quite nice, rather natural-looking lip color (on me), actually. And I like how hydrating it feels. And it seems to have decent staying power.

The con's: The odor isn't great, as a previous reviewer noted. But at least it doesn't seem overwhelming or lingering. The applicator wand is one of those spongy ones - okay, but not great. Perhaps due to that, the product applies in a gloppy, uneven way. However, blending is easy by just rubbing the lips together. The cost is about $9, which is more than I'd normally pay for a lip gloss.