Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Gloss

2.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/4/2015 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I like them! My experience seems very different to what many reviewers have said though. I purchased Ruby Moon (berry) and Summer Twilight (watermelon) last year on sale at 2 for $14. Both colours are sheer enough to consider a strong tint, rather than an opaque gloss. I don't find them sticky after a few seconds, the medium consistency and doefoot applicator makes it very quick and easy for me to apply in a hurry even without a mirror, they don't bleed and do layer well over balms and lipstick, and as far as lipgloss goes, it has pretty good lasting power at over 3 hours without any meaningful staining. I have used scores of glosses over the last 20 years and the only similar gloss product I have tried that lasts longer is Marc Jacobs Lip Vinyls at 8 times the price and much stickier! If you are after a glassy, wet finish or a very opaque coverage I can understand why these can be disappointing, but I happily wear even the darker shades for a comfortable colour during the day and for extra dimension and hydration over lipstick at night. I can't fault them for the price or performance.

on 7/7/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product very much. I think that this lip gloss is very silky on my lips allthough its way to sheer in the color i bought it in (sunny day) andwould want a different color.
The packaging is very cute with the honey comb lid.
The price is horrible but I would buy it again.

on 3/2/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I may be the minority here - but I really like this stuff. I have it in the shade 'Summer Twilight' and once it fades a little it adds such a subtle reddish pink color to my lips. This stuff is SUPER thick and sticky so applying a balm before hand is a must. These are normally pretty expensive ($9-ish after tax) and my tube seems to get so much product stuck around the top where the applicator twists around. I'd probably repurchase if I found it on sale!

on 2/14/2015 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in shade 'Starry Night'. I thought it would be a nice vampy shade, but it isn't. When applied on the lips, it will look like a purple/mauve sheen. Which is great if you want a subtle vampy look. I also like the packaging, the honey comb touch on the wand is very cute and unique. The only thing I don't like about this product that it is very sticky and doesn't last for long.

on 12/29/2014 11:36:00 AM

I really wanted to like this, but it's really not good. I tried 'Evening Glow', which is a brick-ish red with subtle gold shimmer. I never knew a gloss could be so drying. It doesn't provide much moisture or shine, and it has a slightly odd taste to it. You definitely need to dip the doe-foot applicator in two or three times to get enough product to have even coverage. The color payoff is pretty good, but it's just too drying for me. I don't love it enough to make it work with layering balm/other gloss on top. Tossed it.

on 12/16/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in a nude pink called "Ocean Sunrise". The product is very sticky but doesn't feel soothing, moisturizing or conditioning. The doe-foot wand doesn't retrieve much product. It's really not good. Next time I will purchase a lip shimmer.

on 12/8/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I can see why there are a few "middle of the road" reviews on these glosses.

I bought "Ruby Moon" when it was 75% off at CVS, so I didn't pay a whole lot. I like the color, it's darker and a great way to ease one's way into dark lips. Sadly, the gloss doesn't offer much staying power and I really dislike the applicator. Doe foot applicators aren't my favorite in general, but this one seems especially odd. Definitely not "swipe and go" if that is what you're looking for.

The product itself is again, "just ok". It's pretty thick and does have a generally sweet smell. The smell doesn't bother me too much. There is a taste to this product too, which I don't love. I have to work it around on my lips a bit to get it just right.

Basically, this is a product that I won't mind just throwing in my bag because I won't care too much if it gets lost or damaged.

I will add the 100% natural is a big plus, at least for me. If that is important to you then maybe you'll like this gloss enough to make it work, especially since the price isn't outrageous.

I bought Starry Night which is a dark purple with a shimmer. I like it. It's not as thick as a MAC lip glass and it's not so thin that it bleeds. The color starts off dark but it fades into a mauve stain without the horrid "ring around the lip." It doesn't dry or make my lips flake.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Burt's Bees I love your company but come one this was one awful product!

I got a pink shade in the Allure beauty box. I was excited to try it.

The scent was nice, sweet but okay, and on the color was a totally decent pink w shimmer.

This was SO STICKY, it was like trying to put liquid glue on the lips, it just feels horrible on. If you can get past the uncomfortable feeling, the color was just okay, the gloss made my lips look really red which i tend to dislike, even though the color was a sheer light pink in the tube.

And here where this product became total crap: I was trying to use it up and went to grab it one morning and the whole thing just shattered in my hands. Like the part where the cap meets the tub became all splintered and broken and it would no longer close properly.
Look im not incredible hulk but I should not be breaking a plastic tube just my grabbing it, how ridiculous. I wound up just throwing it away becuase it was messy and leaking everywhere with the broken tube. I would not pay $8-$10 bucks for this sticky mess, I will never try BB lip gloss again.

on 12/8/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Burt's Bees, so I was ecstatic when their shiny new lip gloss line hit the stores. I expected nothing short of brilliance, as their lip shimmers and lip shines are wonderful, but, truth be told, this lip gloss was a big disappointment. It stands out from the wealth of competitors because it is all natural in the ingredients, but there is simply too many cons to this product for me to recommend it to anyone. On BB's website, this gloss claims to deliver "rich pearlized color with high impact shine;" while it does deliver shine and fine shimmery finish, describing the color as rich is extremely misleading. I would say the consistency of this lip gloss is rich, but certainly not the color. As others have noted, the color is sheer, very much like BB's lip shines. I have tried Rosy Dawn, which is gorgeous dark rose in the tube, but the pigment is virtually lost upon application. Even when I "pile it up," the color stays sheer and only adds more stickiness and heaviness to my lips. For $9 and the claims in the ads, I expected a lot richer color payoff than this. This gloss is also rather sticky and, as someone else said, seeps out a bit, when the cap is twisted closed, leaving glop that's ready to invade your hand or the object the glop touches. I know I wouldn't want to be kissed with this on, as it's so thick. The scent reminds me of outside when it has just rained in the Summer, for some reason... Or perhaps I have never smelled Play-Doh that everyone references. At the least, it is not an unpleasant scent. But the color payoff and the stickiness is a deal-breaker for me. I would not recommend this gloss to anyone, even if it cost only a buck.

Popular Lip Glosses