October 23, 2014 | 1109 users online

Polishes - Cover Girl - CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Glosstinis

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as I loved the colour and still do (purple freeze). I Googled it before buying to see how accurate the colour was compared to how I wanted. It's a light purple with definite pink undertones. This seems to translate well in pictures online (some purples appear more blue than reality).

II found it took 4 coats to get opaque. I coat looked a very sheer/translucent pink. It can be a bit streaky. It's quite a thin formula. Takes longer to dry than some of my polishes.

Will try some similar looking purples in the future. I hear pastels generally take quite a few coats to get opaque but cannot get away with 1 coat unless it's a really thick one on my tiny fifth finger nail.

I Took pictures - compared 1 coat to 3 (low indoor lighting but don't think I can put it directly on here).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by lunapath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in 615 inferno. I absolutely love the color, but the polish itself is below average. It's quite thick, and I had to add thinner before the first use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 12:27:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Purple Freeze and love this teeny weeny little nail polish. I like to have lots of different colors of polish, but I almost never go through an entire bottle, so buying smaller sizes works for me, even though per-ounce this is more expensive than a bigger bottle of the same thing. This is actually a fairly long-lasting polish, at least on my short nails. True to the name, it looks very glossy even without a topcoat. I had no problem w/ the square lid or brush like some other reviewers mentioned. Would definitely buy more of these if I see another color I like (and don't already have!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got several colors, but so far have only tried Lemon Drop, which is taxi-cab yellow. Not impressed. The formula is gloppy and streaky - you definitely need two coats, and the tiny square bottles and short brushes are tricky. They are also way overpriced. If they weren't on sale and I didn't have coupons I wouldn't have tried them, since they are $3.99 for 3.5 ml !! Sheesh! I just found a Spoiled polish I love which is 15 ml and only cost $1.99.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In my search for a nice pale yellow nail polish for the summer I ran across this formula in Pina Colada. I LOVE the color. The formula however is a bit streaky. I think the solution for that is to apply one coat over basecoat an hour or so before bed... let cure overnight and add the second coat the next morning and add quick dry topcoat.

I'm going to try it the next time I use this color. I used 2 coats over a basecoat and had streaking so I let it cure overnight and added a third coat this morning. If I hadn't had the streaking from last night I believe this manicure would have been flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by alwayshine14

I have this nail polish in Blue Hawaiian it's a really cute turquoise. It's not an amazing high end polish but it is smooth and opaque in 2 coats plus you don't need a top coat or base coat with it! Give it a try:) I think I'm going to purchase a few more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Courtdork13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this nail polish. I had got 'Ever Reddy' and I love it. It goes on smooth, no streaks for me! It looks great and bright and I absolutely love wearing it

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by cut3ang3l89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this nail polish in Lemon Drop #525 and Pink Lady #500 at a local drugstore. They were a little expensive though. Each one costs around $3-$4 for only 3.5mL. The original CG Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss costs $4-$5 for 11mL. The pink lady one has very tiny shimmers in it, which you can only see if you are out in the sun, while the lemon drop one does not. They are both beautiful colors! When applying them, I found that they are both somewhat streaky, the lemon drop one more so than the pink lady one.

Pink Lady #500 - The first coat is streaky. A second coat of this nailpolish fixes that issue. A third coat of this makes the color really opaque, so it's not somewhat see through. This is a really pretty pink color. The shimmers in it are very tiny, which makes this nail polish ideal for women instead of for just little girls. Most times when I paint my nails using this color, I apply three coats of it.

Lemon Drop #525 - The first coat is streaky. A second coat doesn't fix the streaky-ness. Neither does a third. I saw some pictures of a lady using this color to paint her nails. Her nails turned out beautiful. My nails didn't/don't when I used this color. You can still see streaks even after a third and fourth coat. I haven't had that issue with any other nail polish I've used before in the past. So, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's the nail polish itself that is the issue. It is a really pretty yellow color though.

This line of nail polishes have a little bit of shine to them. I still use a top coat over them though to make them even shinier. I haven't tried these out without a top coat, so I really can't say how bad they chip. My nails are really easy to bend, so within a few days, especially right after showering, of painting my nails, the nail polish peels/comes off. I would buy the Pink Lady one again (if I had a coupon for it), but I'm not sure if I would buy the Lemon Drop one again. This line of nail polish has really cute colors. They are limited editions, so get them while you can!