November 26, 2014 | 1001 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Bamboo Blending Eye Brush

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

This brush comes from E.L.F.'s slightly more expensive minerals range, which starts at 5.00GBP. This one cost 5.50GBP, which is more than I would usually spend on a single eyeshadow brush (I'm definitely no MAC brush addict that's for sure), but it had some good reviews so I thought it would be worth a try.

This is a very nice brush to use - it has nice soft bristles and distributes shadow evenly across the lid. It blends out harsh lines nicely, whilst also working well as a contouring brush if you haven't got one handy. It also has E.L.F.'s standard antibacterial Taklon bristles which can be used with wet or dry products, whilst the handle is made of sustainable bamboo meaning there's less impact on the environment.

The only downside I can find with this brush (as with many of the other E.L.F. brushes) is that when I first got it the bristles shed like mad! Apparently washing them before first use can help, but I've found gently brushing them over a piece of clean and unused sandpaper seems to work nicely too.

If you're in the market for a new eyeshadow brush, but are reluctant to pay MAC et al. prices, then I would definitely consider giving the E.L.F. brushes a try instead.