Boots Semi Permanent Hair Colour

2.0

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

back in my grunge/emo days, i used to dye my hair darker. my natural hair colour is brown, almost a mousey brown, lighter on the top layers.
i also have a very light skin tone.

the shades i used to go for were dark brown and mahogany, which really gave my hair shine and a great colour, also looking strong against my light skin tone.
the colour is good, the price is good, the results are good! the only not so great thing is that it didn't last very long - i know it is semi-permanent but i felt the colour should last longer than it did.

i don't colour my hair now, i get it highlighted and i make sure i do it at the hairdressers. i wouldn't dare touch it myself anymore!

REMEMBER: Always do a patch test before you colour hair.

on 6/20/2013 8:09:00 AM

I regularly dye my light brown hair black using semi-permanent colours. I usually go with Clairol Nice and Easy but was drawn in by an offer on Boots own brand.
It is easy to use, the same as most other hair dyes. It had plenty to cover my shoulder length hair, so no complaints there. I rinsed off as per usual, and used the conditioner that came along with it. At this point I noticed my hair felt really strange. It felt very rough. The best way to describe it is that my hair shaft did not feel smooth, it felt textured and my hair felt a little brittle. When I dried it my hair still didn't feel right, and it took a whole load of conditioning before I felt it was back to 'normal'. Since then I put the boots hair dye to the back of my cupboard and got on with using my usual brand with no issues at all, until one weekend when I realised my hair needed dyed and I was not able to go out shopping for my usual brand. I decided to try the boots dye again, putting the previous experience down to a one off. The same thing happened again, my hair felt shockingly bad afterwards, and I vowed to keep away from boots semi-permanent hair dye in the future. Oh and for the record, it did not wash out in 24 washes but that can be quite common when dying light hair black.

Popular Hair Color Products