Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil (new formula w/ spoolie)

1.4

on 1/10/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely hate this new reformulated eyeliner. When I bought it on line I thought I was getting the original one with a newly added spoolie. I wish... It is too soft and does not apply evenly. It reminds me of almost every other brow pencil out there. Super disappointed, but keeping my fingers crossed that she will bring back the original one at some point.

on 10/19/2014 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I must be the complete opposite to everyone who has used this new formula pencil. I actually love it. I have it in Auburn and the colour is a perfect match. I've used high and low cost pencils, powders and gels and for me, this is by far the best thing I've used. I have sparse blonde brows which need a lot of help to get them looking ok, and have used just about every product out there. It is waxy, but I prefer a bit more of a waxy look than a powdery look, and I found the colour deposit to be greater than the chanel and armani pencils I had bought the week before which did nothing. I urge people to try again before writing this off

on 8/30/2014 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Big disappointment and definitely not worth the money! The texture is way too waxy, and makes your eye brows feel heavy throughout the day. An unpleasant residue was left on the top part of my eyebrow every time I used this pencil, so forget about a detailed brow look with this one :(

I bought the shade warm brunette, which is WAY too warm, and leaves you with a scouse brow look (two slugs on your forehead basically) no matter how little you try to apply. My thin brows definitely did not look flattering with this pencil so its a thumbs down from me for LM.

I must add that the sleek packaging with the spoolie is about the only admirable factor of this rather pricey product.

on 12/17/2013 6:43:00 AM

Not a massive fan of the waxy texture as it makes it difficult to get a good line & it needs constant sharpening so it wont last long! You cant see where you are applying it very well as its not very firm so quite often get too much on your face & then need to use the brush to get some of it off.. so it doesnt leave a very natural looking line..
I do like the brush on the end though although I agree with other reviewers - its like they stuck the brush on the end to sort out the texture of the product.

I agree with every single review on the new formulation of the Laura Mercier eye brown pencil. I've used this for years and am so upset. I have very thin eye brows and the old pencil made them just perfect. Now I have to search for a new pencil which is not an easy task! Ladies, make sure you go on their website and let them know!

on 9/10/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I couldn't understand the high rating for LM pencils and later realized that those pertain to the old formula, not the new formula with the spoolie (which I had purchased). I have sparse, light eyebrows and I like to feather them lightly to create a very natural look. Just can't get that with this pencil - too waxy, colour goes on unevenly, and fades quickly. Nothing like looking in a mirror a few hours later and finding that parts of your eyebrows are gone. Overall very poor quality.

on 7/9/2013 9:30:00 PM

I completely agree with what the other reviews have posted. I have been using LM brow pencils for years, loved them, no problems...until they switched the formula. It now goes on like a weird grease pen, doesn't really stay on the skin but clumps onto the brow hairs. The amount of sharpening required is ridiculous. I'm looking for a new brow product...such a bummer when you have been loyal to a brand for so long then they go switch it up for the worst. :-/

on 7/9/2013 3:31:00 PM

Thank you ladies for confirming what I thought -- the formula did change. It is simply awful. I have to sharpen this every other day almost and the other reviewer is correct -- I find little bits of the pencil flaking off every time I use it. For me, it is way too soft. I am really upset because the old formula was so much better. I find that even with the color that I use -- blonde -- it comes out too dark. I had to search for another blonde eyebrow pencil and finally settled for Chanel Blond Clair. It isn't exactly the blonde color that I would have preferred but beggars can't be choosy. The other blondes were either too gray or way too pale. Why did they change this formula?????

on 7/7/2013 1:03:00 PM

I nearly cried when I finally was able to purchase the reformulated pencil - it's AWFUL, and they really did ruin what was a great pencil. It is wax-like, does not apply easily, skips spots, and leaves nasty little chunks of pencil that must be removed. Why did they ruin a great product???? Here's a tip if you are stuck with one - it will go on a little easier if you apply suncreen, or other moisturizer before you attempt applying the brwo pencil. But still very lame, compared to the old formulation.

on 7/3/2013 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Totally agree with the other reviewer. I mostly need a pencil to fill in my rapidly departing tails. Just a PSA ladies-- vanishing brows are the new reading glasses. Hello almost 40 and goodbye brows! However, what remains is long, curly and unruly. Lovely, right. The problem with waxy pencils like this is they refuse to color on skin, or my skin at least. It does do a fair job of taming--sort of-- but what I need it for is adding depth and this will not do that for you. I'm not sure who this really is for but definitely not me! The hunt continues.

Popular Brows Products