April 19, 2014 | 1266 users online

BB Cream - TheFACEShop - Color Control CC Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I'm very stingy with my ratings of bb/cc creams and foundations as i've tried so many and have yet to find one I can really call perfect. This one also fell short of my expectations but it was a pretty good bb cream, just not HG-worthy

This is marketed as a "CC cream" but I would really call this a BB cream as the consistency,coverage is more of a BB cream than a CC cream. At the time that I bought this, only two shades were available, the first was too light for me and so I got the second but that proved to be too dark, so that's one lippie off because of the poor range in color and the fact that this particular bb cream was not the shade for me.

Initially I really liked the application. I thought it blended very smoothly, and the coverage is medium buildable to high. It leaves a natural-dewy finish. All good right? Well as time went on, my opinion changed. I noticed that while I had a medium-high coverage, it started to look slightly cakey and really obvious that I was wearing makeup, especially in direct sunlight.

I'm currently using it by thinning it out with just a tiny drop of moisturizer and mixing it with another bb cream that is too light for me in order to create my perfect shade and that's been working really well for me so far, but given that I actually have to take these extra steps made me mark down this product down to 3 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by n1ks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never been successful with Korean BB creams before since the shade selection is always leaning towards the fair/lighter tones, so I it took me a few months since this product came out that I bothered to have a look at it.
The great thing about theFaceShop is their sales assistants who are always super friendly and helpful without being intrusive, and their FANTASTIC rewards program. I had a 50% discount voucher and the SA suggested I give this a try.
And the best thing? TFS released a third shade (medium) to cater to their export market and it was a good match to my skin tone! It retailed for B$60+ at full price, so I got it for half off which was a really good deal. But I really don't know if I would pay full price for it, considering I could probably get better coverage foundation from more established brands.
Packaging is beautiful - it's a little compact with a pump dispenser so it's extremely hygienic. The quality of the sponge puff is great too. It's portable and practical enough to carry with you in your make up bag.
Formula is a very dewy finish with sheer to light coverage, but it does wonders to even out skin tone and minimize redness and patchiness. It does tend to get oily throughout the day so I'll use a translucent powder to set.
Overall, this is a fantastic product, and one I would definitely repurchase... just not all full price as TFS always has sales for its members! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by kirito

This is the first CC cream I've tried. It's very similar to BB cream, but with a little more coverage in my opinion. A little goes a long way, but I still feel like $38 is a lot of money for one product, which is really the only reason why I wouldn't buy this again. (The refills of the actual CC cream is about $25 I believe, which is pretty good I suppose.) The CC cream only comes in two shades, and unlike my Skin79 BB cream, this CC cream doesn't oxidize to my skin tone as much. So if you're darker in complexion, this face product is not for you.

The coverage is great, and it doesn't dry out my acne prone areas like foundation does. I LOVE the packaging. The compact-form with the mirror is really convenient, and the pump keeps it hygienic.

So, if you have a fair complexion, this product is great. However, due to the fact that it makes my face look unnatural in color, I prefer to use my Skin79 BB cream. I mainly use this Face Shop CC cream for cosplay when I seek a lighter complexion, but for daily use, it looks too unnatural on my tanner skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by missseet666

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

most of the korean cc/bb cream are very light in colour. this cc cream have 3 shades which cater my not-so-fair skin (nc25 to 30). it brighter my skin and give a good coverage (buildable)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by tricia_g_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Agree with the previous poster, "go get it".

A location has opened up at the mall near me, Markville Mall. I've already spent almost $100 but walked out with an armful of products. They have a grand opening sale so the more you spend the more you save.

I got;

2 CC creams, #02 and #03
Oil Cut Pore Balm
Velvet Skin Primer
Eyebrow block
Blemish Zero Foam Cleanser and Clinic Solution
3 nail polishes

$50 savings in all

I love the packaging. It's a nice chunky compact with a mirror and an applicator sponge.
You have to push the button to dispense the product and I appreciate the hygiene of it. No dipping you finger into it. It's refillable too so according to the salesperson, your bigger investment is in the first purchase but refills should be cheaper. Still, it's a pretty high price point at $37 before savings.

SPF 30 - never a bad thing at any age

No offensive smell to it.

Only 3 shades, 01 bright beige, 02 natural beige and 03 medium beige

I got 02 natural beige at first but it's a bit light for my summer tanned face so went back for 03 medium beige and it works. However, if I were to be any more tanned (ie. vacation) it would not work for me at all.

Before I apply the cc, I use the Face it Velvet Skin primer and the oil block. Let those set and the cc almost melts into the skin. I dot it on and blend, then layer it with my ring finger where needed. A little goes a long way!

If I want to highlight, I can even use the 02 shade.

I follow with a big powder brush and my CoverFx powder.

That combination does fairly well to keep the shine down. It's not all day control but it's longer than anything else I've used.

I'll probably continue to use my Marcelle BB for casual use and save this cc for work and events.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Alexaza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was the very first CC Cream I bought. I like it a lot because it blends well with my skin tone. I applied it once to my sister who has darker skin tone and it also blends pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by cjpramix

This is the first CC cream i have tried, and Ii have been a fan of theFaceshop for years now (been using and still loving their Phytogenic infinit foundation). This CC cream is great for me! I have the CC cream smart capsule and the Aura in natural beige and they both give nice not-so-matte not-so-oily finishes. Buildable too. The packaging is so unique too. Spf is 30-40 so this is an added plus! Without making me extra oily. Im already planning to buy a spare one. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am loving this so much.

- brightens my skintone
- packaging very sanitary, product is pumped out of the packaging
- cute packaging, i'm so in love
- use very little product as it is very pigmented
- lasts all day
- blends easily, disappears into skin

just came out in stores, go get it!