November 26, 2014 | 1273 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had high expectations being from PTR. Unfortunately, this broke me out. I believe it was the avocado oil or Peg-8, as they comedogenic ingredients. This product has too much mix of ingredients for my sensitive, acne prone skin. It also leaves behing a feeling as if your face had a film or coating after rinsing off. My face did feel a little dry afterwards. The packaging is fine, the smell is all right. Would not repurchase or use it, even if they would pay me to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

This is definitely my HG exfoliator/peel! I got this in a PTR kit and was blown away. Like everyone has said, it is possible that the balling up you see is not dead skin but rather the product itself, but at this point I don't care because of the results I have gotten. After using this just once, my skin was baby soft and a LOT more luminous. It made a huge difference in my skin and also helped a bit with my hormonal acne. It also cleared up my blackheads almost completely! I tried to rub it on the counter top to see if it really was the product balling up, but nothing balled up at all. I also used this on my husband who has very oily skin and bad blackheads and it worked like an absolute charm. His skin looked completely different. I will definitely repurchase when I run out. This is a really fantastic product and I can't recommend it enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by tpostell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, it's $48 for a bottle, which is a lot when you compare it to drugstore brands. However, this product is so superior to any other exfoliant I have ever used. I got this a year ago and I am just now finishing up the tube, so for me, I think there is a good value when considering the results.
To use the product, I wash my face with a clarisonic and pat dry. Then I apply the gel on my forehead, rinse and dry my hands, then repeat on one cheek, rinse and dry my hands, apply to the next cheek--you get the point.
Some reviewers have said that the gel doesn't remove skin--it's just the product that balls up. This is not true. How am I sure? I get Botox in my forehead, and there are times when there is very little skin removed from my forehead and a TON removed from my cheeks or chin. If it was just the product balling up on itself then there would have been more from my forehead compared to other areas not less, considering more gel is used for the larger surface area.
Also, and really everybody should try this: I have used this product to exfoliate the soles of my feet. It was AWESOME. I wish I had a tube large enough to use it on my entire body.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Davisra

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm nearly 60 and am starting to see the dreaded "age spots" - especially on my lower cheek area near my ear lobes. I also fight with dark under-eye circles that seem to be getting darker as I get older. I've toyed with buying a Clairsonic to help exfoliate my face so that face brightening serums, etc. will work better, but the cost & need to keep the recharger too far away from the shower put me off. I tried this Peeling Gel and WOW. It really does work. After reading comments by other reviewers claiming it was just the product "balling up" on itself rather than actually removing dead skin, I was skeptical at first. Not any more. It really does work. I got a lot of clumps and balled up gook at first, but after using it every 2-3 days, the amount of exfoliation has declined dramatically, which is what I expected would happen. My skin is so much smoother and crows feet seem diminished, too. The results and ease of use have made me a believer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This product is freaky cool!! I am the kind of person who likes instant gratification, and there's nothing more gratifying then rubbing this on my freshly washed skin and watching the dead skin peel away.

My skin is highly sensitive, oily, and I have mild acne scarring--this peeling gel has helped immensely to make my face brighter and more even:)) My scars are fading more and more with every use.

I bought the sample size at Ulta because PTR products are really expensive and I didn't have $50 to shell out for a full-size. I find that this treatment is best used every third day and the sample will probably last me a a while because you need less than a dime sized amount.

Repurchase? Definitely. I'm going for the full size when I run out! This is as close to a skin miracle as one can get!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by freakinbiter

Before this i was using a number of exfoliating scrubs such as St. Ives, Neutrogena, Garnier, and Olay, but over time they became too harsh and drying on my skin and I suspected the abrasiveness of these products contributed to the acne that would pop up on my cheeks and forehead. I needed something gentler and found this gel!

What I'd do is spread some on my clean face and wait like a minute before i began to massage it in to see it work its magic--the formula rolls up your dead skin cells and leaves behind super soft skin. I thought it was a scam at first too, but know it works because after i washed off the first application i put more of the gel in the same areas, and nothing/a lot less rolled up the second time. So far my skin has been the most clear and soft its been in ages XDDD.

The product's consistency is a gel formula that's more on the liquid side, so when unscrewing the tube you have to be careful with some spillage. It's pretty expensive ($48 USD), but its a huge tube (100 mL) and you're only suppose to use it like 2-3 times a week, so it should last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also received a sample of this and fell in love. It does seem to be a gimmicky type of thing, but I do find it an effective gentle exfoliant. Totally non-irritating and easy to use. Massage in and leave on the face for a few minutes, then rinse. I definitely can tell that my skin is smoother after use and I use all kinds of exfoliants from microderm to TCA peels. The tube is pricey, but a little goes a long way. I use this 2-3X a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cannot recommend this product more! I received this as a sample from Sephora and have completely fallen in love! I'm usually an avid ExfloliKate user but I decided to give this a shot. WOW. Just, amazing results!! My skin is typically extremely combo. I'll be dry and flaky where I'm also slightly oily. I have breakouts along my chin and forehead. This stuff lightened my skintone, softened, exfoliated without being harsh. Plus the process was kind of fun! To the lady who said "roll it on a window and you get the same, balled up results". Of course you'll get those results. Glass has pores just like our skin. Plus that glass probably had a buildup of dirt and what you're balling up is all that dirt! Silly lady.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Omfg. I used to think RoC gentle exfoliating cream was awesome, and I love dermalogica daily microfoliant, bu I've had this deluxe sample of PTR firmX peel gel hanging around. I gave it a go, because The cleanser I was using left my skin dry and itchy. The product is a cloudy, clearish gel. I've used it on e and it completely got rid of ALL the dry flaky skin. I will update when the sample is finished. The price of the full size blows my mind tho...I don't think I would buy it.
***UPDATE***
I did buy it, and I'm not so impressed anymore. It often doesn't exfoliate as well as I *think* because I'm fooled by the product balling up on itself.
Yonka gommage and RoC's gentle exfoliating cream are examples of rolling exfoliating products that actually work. This stuff is garbage, and the price is pitiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by rachael1230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this peel! I find it is a temporary fix for my pitted acne scars and definitley is exfoliating without any irritation. My skin is noticeAbly brighter and smoother after I use this and I use half as much concealer and foundation. I follow up with tarte maracuja oil and my skin glows!