September 22, 2014 | 1921 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This product is freaky cool!! I am the kind of person who likes instant gratification, and there's nothing more gratifying then rubbing this on my freshly washed skin and watching the dead skin peel away.

My skin is highly sensitive, oily, and I have mild acne scarring--this peeling gel has helped immensely to make my face brighter and more even:)) My scars are fading more and more with every use.

I bought the sample size at Ulta because PTR products are really expensive and I didn't have $50 to shell out for a full-size. I find that this treatment is best used every third day and the sample will probably last me a a while because you need less than a dime sized amount.

Repurchase? Definitely. I'm going for the full size when I run out! This is as close to a skin miracle as one can get!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by freakinbiter

Before this i was using a number of exfoliating scrubs such as St. Ives, Neutrogena, Garnier, and Olay, but over time they became too harsh and drying on my skin and I suspected the abrasiveness of these products contributed to the acne that would pop up on my cheeks and forehead. I needed something gentler and found this gel!

What I'd do is spread some on my clean face and wait like a minute before i began to massage it in to see it work its magic--the formula rolls up your dead skin cells and leaves behind super soft skin. I thought it was a scam at first too, but know it works because after i washed off the first application i put more of the gel in the same areas, and nothing/a lot less rolled up the second time. So far my skin has been the most clear and soft its been in ages XDDD.

The product's consistency is a gel formula that's more on the liquid side, so when unscrewing the tube you have to be careful with some spillage. It's pretty expensive ($48 USD), but its a huge tube (100 mL) and you're only suppose to use it like 2-3 times a week, so it should last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I also received a sample of this and fell in love. It does seem to be a gimmicky type of thing, but I do find it an effective gentle exfoliant. Totally non-irritating and easy to use. Massage in and leave on the face for a few minutes, then rinse. I definitely can tell that my skin is smoother after use and I use all kinds of exfoliants from microderm to TCA peels. The tube is pricey, but a little goes a long way. I use this 2-3X a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cannot recommend this product more! I received this as a sample from Sephora and have completely fallen in love! I'm usually an avid ExfloliKate user but I decided to give this a shot. WOW. Just, amazing results!! My skin is typically extremely combo. I'll be dry and flaky where I'm also slightly oily. I have breakouts along my chin and forehead. This stuff lightened my skintone, softened, exfoliated without being harsh. Plus the process was kind of fun! To the lady who said "roll it on a window and you get the same, balled up results". Of course you'll get those results. Glass has pores just like our skin. Plus that glass probably had a buildup of dirt and what you're balling up is all that dirt! Silly lady.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Omfg. I used to think RoC gentle exfoliating cream was awesome, and I love dermalogica daily microfoliant, bu I've had this deluxe sample of PTR firmX peel gel hanging around. I gave it a go, because The cleanser I was using left my skin dry and itchy. The product is a cloudy, clearish gel. I've used it on e and it completely got rid of ALL the dry flaky skin. I will update when the sample is finished. The price of the full size blows my mind tho...I don't think I would buy it.
***UPDATE***
I did buy it, and I'm not so impressed anymore. It often doesn't exfoliate as well as I *think* because I'm fooled by the product balling up on itself.
Yonka gommage and RoC's gentle exfoliating cream are examples of rolling exfoliating products that actually work. This stuff is garbage, and the price is pitiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by rachael1230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this peel! I find it is a temporary fix for my pitted acne scars and definitley is exfoliating without any irritation. My skin is noticeAbly brighter and smoother after I use this and I use half as much concealer and foundation. I follow up with tarte maracuja oil and my skin glows!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Shambam121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolutely favorite skincare product! I have extremely sensitive skin and this is the only exfoliator that doesn't break me out. I use it 2 times and week, after I use it I put on Boscia's Tsubaki oil and my skin is smooth and hydrated !

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by StarAlexander

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this product would really make a difference but after using it for one month I felt tricked that the product feels like it's your skin exfoliating but it's actually the product on your fingertips. I stopped using this product and moved on. I would not purchase again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

OSWP / DSWP skin.

I tried this one time only, as I had a small sample. I found that it began "clumping" right as I applied it onto my face, which left me to wonder at first if it was reacting or mixing poorly to residue left on my face from my face wash. Honestly, this did not exfoliate or brighten. I found it to be gimmicky without results. Maybe if I was able to use it multiple times, I would feel differently but... I doubt it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is basically the result of PTR jumping on the peeling gel craze (that I believe started with Korean products) that manages to scam so many women into believing the white stuff they're rubbing off their skin using the gel is dead skin cells. From the beginning, this left me suspicious. Given my past experience with many chemical peels, exfoliators, scrubs, etc, I found it unlikely that such a thick layer of visible "skin" could so gently be rubbed off without even a bit of redness.
So my mother bought this and I decided to experiment, and lo and behold - rub it on a window, and apparently the window also peels white chunks, just like our skin! Same with a block of wood, and many other surfaces. Funny coincidence.

Besides the silly face residue, I didn't see any change in my skin other than the same clean feeling that washing with my basic face cleanser gives me.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No