April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Treatments - Peter Thomas Roth - Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Omfg. I used to think RoC gentle exfoliating cream was awesome, and I love dermalogica daily microfoliant, bu I've had this deluxe sample of PTR firmX peel gel hanging around. I gave it a go, because The cleanser I was using left my skin dry and itchy. The product is a cloudy, clearish gel. I've used it on e and it completely got rid of ALL the dry flaky skin. I will update when the sample is finished. The price of the full size blows my mind tho...I don't think I would buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by rachael1230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this peel! I find it is a temporary fix for my pitted acne scars and definitley is exfoliating without any irritation. My skin is noticeAbly brighter and smoother after I use this and I use half as much concealer and foundation. I follow up with tarte maracuja oil and my skin glows!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Shambam121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolutely favorite skincare product! I have extremely sensitive skin and this is the only exfoliator that doesn't break me out. I use it 2 times and week, after I use it I put on Boscia's Tsubaki oil and my skin is smooth and hydrated !

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by StarAlexander

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this product would really make a difference but after using it for one month I felt tricked that the product feels like it's your skin exfoliating but it's actually the product on your fingertips. I stopped using this product and moved on. I would not purchase again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

OSWP / DSWP skin.

I tried this one time only, as I had a small sample. I found that it began "clumping" right as I applied it onto my face, which left me to wonder at first if it was reacting or mixing poorly to residue left on my face from my face wash. Honestly, this did not exfoliate or brighten. I found it to be gimmicky without results. Maybe if I was able to use it multiple times, I would feel differently but... I doubt it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is basically the result of PTR jumping on the peeling gel craze (that I believe started with Korean products) that manages to scam so many women into believing the white stuff they're rubbing off their skin using the gel is dead skin cells. From the beginning, this left me suspicious. Given my past experience with many chemical peels, exfoliators, scrubs, etc, I found it unlikely that such a thick layer of visible "skin" could so gently be rubbed off without even a bit of redness.
So my mother bought this and I decided to experiment, and lo and behold - rub it on a window, and apparently the window also peels white chunks, just like our skin! Same with a block of wood, and many other surfaces. Funny coincidence.

Besides the silly face residue, I didn't see any change in my skin other than the same clean feeling that washing with my basic face cleanser gives me.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by cyoung29

This product is one of the best exfoliators. It is effective yet gentle. I also have exfoliKate from Kate Somerville and that stuff is effective but it can also burn your skin off. You really can't over exfoliate with the peeling gel. It is expensive but it will last a long time. You only need to use it 2-3 times a week. If you use it too much it just won't take much dead skin off.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by LoveRed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by joeboogie1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this products has not been added to MUA. Its the most revolutionary thing I've encountered in skin care, other than my clarisonic. I read of it online and seen it on youtube videos. I was looking for a more effective way of exfoliating but in a much gentler approach considering I have acne prone skin and its quite sensitive. So I came across it at Sephora and tried it on my wrist and was blown away. I could see all the dead skin just roll off as I massaged it. I immediately purchased it and tried it the next night. When I tried it, I liked that it felt very gentle. I patted it on to leave it on for a few minutes like suggested and just the patting made the skin come off, I hadn't even rubbed yet. It really mde me think of how my Neutrogena scrub wasn't as effective as I thought. My skin felt very smooth and refreshed afterwards and it just felt and looked like new skin. My products sunk in much more efficiently and that sold me. It may be quite pricey with a price tag of $48 for a 3.4oz, but it is definitely worth it. I highly suggest you all to try it. I will definitely keep on repurchasing this.