Peter Thomas Roth Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel

3.9

Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Isocetyl Stearate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Panthenol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Caffeine, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Rh-Oligopeptide-1, Hexapeptide-3, Tripeptide-3, Hexanoyl Dipeptide-3 Norleucine Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Callus Culture Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Nicotiana Sylvestris Leaf Cell Culture, Zizyphus Jujuba Seed Extract, Phytoecdysteroids, Jania Rubens Extract, Meristotheca Dakarensis Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Carnosine, Butylene Glycol, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Sodium Lactate, Peg-8 Dimethicone, Allantoin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Sucrose, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Xanthan Gum, Peg-8, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Phytate, Silica, Sodium Propoxyhydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Polyurethane-40, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Mica (CI 77019), Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The first exfoliant I can recall trying was the Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peel Gel. It was a little thick and upon covering my skin I was amazed (and repulsed) by how much dead skin picked up. As you work the product, the dead skin literally rolls off. You can also leave the product on for an additional 5-10 minutes to take advantage of the enzymatic exfoliation. After rinsing it off, my skin is always super smooth and bright. While it doesn't feel like a harsh treatment, id never do it more than twice a week.

on 2/24/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Whoa this stuff is really amazing. I got a sample from sephora. Like others I thought the stuff that rolled off was the product itself and all of this was a gimmick until...I saw my face glowing like I haven't seen it do in years.

I also noticed that bits would not appear on all parts of my face, which I take it to be places that don't have a lot of dead skin. I noticed I get the most "peeling" action on my chin and nose, which happens to be the places I get the most congestion.

So hell yeah I am going to repurchase. I'll keep buying it until they stop making it and then I will hunt it down all over ebay till it is literally gone from existence.

on 1/20/2015 11:28:00 PM

I love this stuff ! Was hesitant about the price obviously . But I now honestly believe you get what you pay for (skin care wise ) drugstore is cheap but always skrews me over . So anyways the lady at sephora denonstrated this on my hand , peeling away what seemed to be skin but I'm guessing it was product as well , after that my skin seriously looked way cleaner & brighter/whiter then my other hand! She then put moisturizer on my hand the exfoliated one & wow ! Felt like the moisturizer was actually sunk into my skin . I purchased it & did that on my face at home & WOOW serious ly so amazed !!! My serum went on so differently then normal it went on so smooth and felt closer to my skin ! Then I went for a close up in the mirror and my black heads are VERY greatly reduced . Omg what a splurge but what a great product .

on 1/4/2015 10:53:00 PM

I don't see what all the hype is about. The sales chick at Sephora claimed it removes all dead skin cells, but that wasn't the case. My skin was hydrated prior to applying this, and it turned dry and flaky right after I rinsed it off. Definitely not a repeat buy, what a waste.

on 11/24/2014 4:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had high expectations being from PTR. Unfortunately, this broke me out. I believe it was the avocado oil or Peg-8, as they comedogenic ingredients. This product has too much mix of ingredients for my sensitive, acne prone skin. It also leaves behing a feeling as if your face had a film or coating after rinsing off. My face did feel a little dry afterwards. The packaging is fine, the smell is all right. Would not repurchase or use it, even if they would pay me to use it.

on 11/16/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely my HG exfoliator/peel! I got this in a PTR kit and was blown away. Like everyone has said, it is possible that the balling up you see is not dead skin but rather the product itself, but at this point I don't care because of the results I have gotten. After using this just once, my skin was baby soft and a LOT more luminous. It made a huge difference in my skin and also helped a bit with my hormonal acne. It also cleared up my blackheads almost completely! I tried to rub it on the counter top to see if it really was the product balling up, but nothing balled up at all. I also used this on my husband who has very oily skin and bad blackheads and it worked like an absolute charm. His skin looked completely different. I will definitely repurchase when I run out. This is a really fantastic product and I can't recommend it enough!

on 11/9/2014 5:11:00 PM

Yes, it's $48 for a bottle, which is a lot when you compare it to drugstore brands. However, this product is so superior to any other exfoliant I have ever used. I got this a year ago and I am just now finishing up the tube, so for me, I think there is a good value when considering the results.
To use the product, I wash my face with a clarisonic and pat dry. Then I apply the gel on my forehead, rinse and dry my hands, then repeat on one cheek, rinse and dry my hands, apply to the next cheek--you get the point.
Some reviewers have said that the gel doesn't remove skin--it's just the product that balls up. This is not true. How am I sure? I get Botox in my forehead, and there are times when there is very little skin removed from my forehead and a TON removed from my cheeks or chin. If it was just the product balling up on itself then there would have been more from my forehead compared to other areas not less, considering more gel is used for the larger surface area.
Also, and really everybody should try this: I have used this product to exfoliate the soles of my feet. It was AWESOME. I wish I had a tube large enough to use it on my entire body.

on 10/29/2014 10:50:00 PM

I'm nearly 60 and am starting to see the dreaded "age spots" - especially on my lower cheek area near my ear lobes. I also fight with dark under-eye circles that seem to be getting darker as I get older. I've toyed with buying a Clairsonic to help exfoliate my face so that face brightening serums, etc. will work better, but the cost & need to keep the recharger too far away from the shower put me off. I tried this Peeling Gel and WOW. It really does work. After reading comments by other reviewers claiming it was just the product "balling up" on itself rather than actually removing dead skin, I was skeptical at first. Not any more. It really does work. I got a lot of clumps and balled up gook at first, but after using it every 2-3 days, the amount of exfoliation has declined dramatically, which is what I expected would happen. My skin is so much smoother and crows feet seem diminished, too. The results and ease of use have made me a believer!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product is freaky cool!! I am the kind of person who likes instant gratification, and there's nothing more gratifying then rubbing this on my freshly washed skin and watching the dead skin peel away.

My skin is highly sensitive, oily, and I have mild acne scarring--this peeling gel has helped immensely to make my face brighter and more even:)) My scars are fading more and more with every use.

I bought the sample size at Ulta because PTR products are really expensive and I didn't have $50 to shell out for a full-size. I find that this treatment is best used every third day and the sample will probably last me a a while because you need less than a dime sized amount.

Repurchase? Definitely. I'm going for the full size when I run out! This is as close to a skin miracle as one can get!

on 6/29/2014 6:14:00 PM

Before this i was using a number of exfoliating scrubs such as St. Ives, Neutrogena, Garnier, and Olay, but over time they became too harsh and drying on my skin and I suspected the abrasiveness of these products contributed to the acne that would pop up on my cheeks and forehead. I needed something gentler and found this gel!

What I'd do is spread some on my clean face and wait like a minute before i began to massage it in to see it work its magic--the formula rolls up your dead skin cells and leaves behind super soft skin. I thought it was a scam at first too, but know it works because after i washed off the first application i put more of the gel in the same areas, and nothing/a lot less rolled up the second time. So far my skin has been the most clear and soft its been in ages XDDD.

The product's consistency is a gel formula that's more on the liquid side, so when unscrewing the tube you have to be careful with some spillage. It's pretty expensive ($48 USD), but its a huge tube (100 mL) and you're only suppose to use it like 2-3 times a week, so it should last a long time.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice

Top Rated Treatments (Face)