Peter Thomas Roth Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel

3.9

Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Isocetyl Stearate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Panthenol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Caffeine, Dimethicone, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Rh-Oligopeptide-1, Hexapeptide-3, Tripeptide-3, Hexanoyl Dipeptide-3 Norleucine Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Callus Culture Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Nicotiana Sylvestris Leaf Cell Culture, Zizyphus Jujuba Seed Extract, Phytoecdysteroids, Jania Rubens Extract, Meristotheca Dakarensis Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Carnosine, Butylene Glycol, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Sodium Lactate, Peg-8 Dimethicone, Allantoin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Sucrose, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Xanthan Gum, Peg-8, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Phytate, Silica, Sodium Propoxyhydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Polyurethane-40, Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Mica (CI 77019), Phenoxyethanol.

on 8/15/2015 8:22:00 PM

I didn't really understand how this was a peeling gel, but it works. Initially, I had thought, this is such a gimmick - there's got to be something in the gel that balls up as you massage it into your skin! But as you use it over time, you won't get the balls anymore because you're slowly removing all the dead skin. It's good for resurfacing, but I didn't find that it was any better than say, an exfoliator. I didn't notice my skin looking better or feeling better. It did sting a little each and every single time I used it, but that's to be expected because you're basically scraping your skin. This would be excellent if you don't have patience for a mask as this took like 2 minutes from start to finish. For myself, I'd rather use an exfoliator and a mud mask, especially if it produces better results.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used a sample of this and fell in love. I've had these very dark, dry patches on my cheek areas after being overzealous with a Clarisonic a few years ago. It was starting to give me a complex. After the first time I tried this, I saw results. It broke up the darkness and made the area supple. I used the last of my sample today and it looks like the dark patches have been broken up even more. It leaves my face feeling clean and soft for longer than any other product I've tried. It keeps the oiliness away. I know Beautypedia says this product is average and usually I agree with them but they got it wrong on this one. I know that product aka skin balling up is gimmicky and kind of false advertisement, but this stuff works! I will definitely be buying it regardless of the expensive price tag.

on 5/31/2015 9:05:00 AM

This works for me I use it once or twice a week to get rid of dead skin or blemishes that are dry and refresh my complexion. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple.

on 5/2/2015 5:41:00 PM

I know this doesn't actually peel off my skin, but I have really been liking it as a gentle exfoliator. I use it maybe twice a week and it really makes my face feel fresh and new. I don't get a tight feeling after using it either, and I feel that my moisturizer absorbs better after using this product. It didn't cause my skin any irritation either, which is nice since I'm sensitive to a lot of products. I like using this in between more abrasive exfoliators like Origins Modern Friction which I use every once in a while. I know this product won't be for everyone, but I would recommend trying a sample and seeing if it works for you.

on 4/14/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

You people who think the balled up gunk coming off your face is your skin are driving me nuts, lol. It's not your skin, it's the cellulose. Here's what happens. The product starts out very wet and when you initially rub it into your face your skin immediately soaks up the gel and what's gets left behind is the cellulose which then balls up as you continue to work it around the skin. This is the reason it won't ball up when you try rubbing it on a counter top or some other hard surface. The counter doesn't absorb the moisture and the cellulose doesn't separate from the gel so you are just rubbing the product around on the counter without any balling effect. It also won't work if your face is wet or moist from just washing it because first of all your wet skin won't be able to absorb the gel as quickly and also the moisture will dissolve the cellulose and it will just disappear.

Now that doesn't mean the product is worthless as those cellulose bits are actually the exfoliator part of the product. The pineapple enzymes will loosen the dead skin and those little balls of cellulose will pick up some of that dead skin as your you dragging them across your face. So yes it does work to mildly exfoliate the skin but all of the gook left behind is mostly product. It's not balls of your skin. The product is gimmicky in that so many people are convinced that their skin is peeling off right before their eyes which has a powerful affect on people's belief that the product is truly working but really it's just a very gentle exfoliator that isn't really all that much better than any other exfoliator. Hats off to the brilliance of whoever invented this pretend magic. They knew if they made it appear as if the skin was literally shedding people would be hooked.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The first exfoliant I can recall trying was the Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peel Gel. It was a little thick and upon covering my skin I was amazed (and repulsed) by how much dead skin picked up. As you work the product, the dead skin literally rolls off. You can also leave the product on for an additional 5-10 minutes to take advantage of the enzymatic exfoliation. After rinsing it off, my skin is always super smooth and bright. While it doesn't feel like a harsh treatment, id never do it more than twice a week.

on 2/24/2015 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Whoa this stuff is really amazing. I got a sample from sephora. Like others I thought the stuff that rolled off was the product itself and all of this was a gimmick until...I saw my face glowing like I haven't seen it do in years.

I also noticed that bits would not appear on all parts of my face, which I take it to be places that don't have a lot of dead skin. I noticed I get the most "peeling" action on my chin and nose, which happens to be the places I get the most congestion.

So hell yeah I am going to repurchase. I'll keep buying it until they stop making it and then I will hunt it down all over ebay till it is literally gone from existence.

on 1/20/2015 11:28:00 PM

I love this stuff ! Was hesitant about the price obviously . But I now honestly believe you get what you pay for (skin care wise ) drugstore is cheap but always skrews me over . So anyways the lady at sephora denonstrated this on my hand , peeling away what seemed to be skin but I'm guessing it was product as well , after that my skin seriously looked way cleaner & brighter/whiter then my other hand! She then put moisturizer on my hand the exfoliated one & wow ! Felt like the moisturizer was actually sunk into my skin . I purchased it & did that on my face at home & WOOW serious ly so amazed !!! My serum went on so differently then normal it went on so smooth and felt closer to my skin ! Then I went for a close up in the mirror and my black heads are VERY greatly reduced . Omg what a splurge but what a great product .

on 1/4/2015 10:53:00 PM

I don't see what all the hype is about. The sales chick at Sephora claimed it removes all dead skin cells, but that wasn't the case. My skin was hydrated prior to applying this, and it turned dry and flaky right after I rinsed it off. Definitely not a repeat buy, what a waste.

on 11/24/2014 4:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had high expectations being from PTR. Unfortunately, this broke me out. I believe it was the avocado oil or Peg-8, as they comedogenic ingredients. This product has too much mix of ingredients for my sensitive, acne prone skin. It also leaves behing a feeling as if your face had a film or coating after rinsing off. My face did feel a little dry afterwards. The packaging is fine, the smell is all right. Would not repurchase or use it, even if they would pay me to use it.