Peter Thomas Roth Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel

Water, Polyethylene Glycol, Cellulose, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitol, R-Bacillus Licheniformis Keratinase, Calcium Alginate, Lactobacillus/ Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Ferment Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Mica, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pardon my language, but I dont give a rat's a$$ whether it's skin or "cellulose" balling up, or whatever mystical chemical reactions are happening. All I know is when I use this product on my face, it feels UH-MAZ-ING. Because of chemotherapeutic strength steroids administered to me, my skin is tissue paper thin and very fragile. This product is not harsh, yet exfoliates my skin beautifully. I mainly use this product to counteract the "peel-y" skin caused by Retin-A. Unlike a mask, i don't have to wait a certain length of time for it to work. Spread it on, rub it in, wash it off, and have exfoliated, soft skin! I lovingly nursed my deluxe sample to the bitter end, so I'm saving up to get this magical product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is amazing --- weird --- but amazing. I can only use this once or twice a week, but it truly removes dead skin. It balls up and it's weird to think that this is my skin coming off, but it leaves my skin smoother and brighter after each use. I like to use a serum and slather on a nice moisturizer overnight mask after using this exfoliator because then I feel like my skin is getting all the good stuff it needs. I purchased a deluxe sample size at Ulta for $9 awhile back. I haven't seen them since. $48 is pretty steep for the full size -- but honestly -- it will last forever!

In my opinion this works as it says it does. I used it on my face and people noticed how good my skin looked. I used it on my bumpy upper arms and a ton of dead skin came off. On my arms it balled up into big clumps and trying it on my upper arms again a few days later, it hardly balled up. My arms were smoother for months.

I didn't really understand how this was a peeling gel, but it works. Initially, I had thought, this is such a gimmick - there's got to be something in the gel that balls up as you massage it into your skin! But as you use it over time, you won't get the balls anymore because you're slowly removing all the dead skin. It's good for resurfacing, but I didn't find that it was any better than say, an exfoliator. I didn't notice my skin looking better or feeling better. It did sting a little each and every single time I used it, but that's to be expected because you're basically scraping your skin. This would be excellent if you don't have patience for a mask as this took like 2 minutes from start to finish. For myself, I'd rather use an exfoliator and a mud mask, especially if it produces better results.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used a sample of this and fell in love. I've had these very dark, dry patches on my cheek areas after being overzealous with a Clarisonic a few years ago. It was starting to give me a complex. After the first time I tried this, I saw results. It broke up the darkness and made the area supple. I used the last of my sample today and it looks like the dark patches have been broken up even more. It leaves my face feeling clean and soft for longer than any other product I've tried. It keeps the oiliness away. I know Beautypedia says this product is average and usually I agree with them but they got it wrong on this one. I know that product aka skin balling up is gimmicky and kind of false advertisement, but this stuff works! I will definitely be buying it regardless of the expensive price tag.

This works for me I use it once or twice a week to get rid of dead skin or blemishes that are dry and refresh my complexion. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and supple.

I know this doesn't actually peel off my skin, but I have really been liking it as a gentle exfoliator. I use it maybe twice a week and it really makes my face feel fresh and new. I don't get a tight feeling after using it either, and I feel that my moisturizer absorbs better after using this product. It didn't cause my skin any irritation either, which is nice since I'm sensitive to a lot of products. I like using this in between more abrasive exfoliators like Origins Modern Friction which I use every once in a while. I know this product won't be for everyone, but I would recommend trying a sample and seeing if it works for you.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

You people who think the balled up gunk coming off your face is your skin are driving me nuts, lol. It's not your skin, it's the cellulose. Here's what happens. The product starts out very wet and when you initially rub it into your face your skin immediately soaks up the gel and what's gets left behind is the cellulose which then balls up as you continue to work it around the skin. This is the reason it won't ball up when you try rubbing it on a counter top or some other hard surface. The counter doesn't absorb the moisture and the cellulose doesn't separate from the gel so you are just rubbing the product around on the counter without any balling effect. It also won't work if your face is wet or moist from just washing it because first of all your wet skin won't be able to absorb the gel as quickly and also the moisture will dissolve the cellulose and it will just disappear.

Now that doesn't mean the product is worthless as those cellulose bits are actually the exfoliator part of the product. The pineapple enzymes will loosen the dead skin and those little balls of cellulose will pick up some of that dead skin as your you dragging them across your face. So yes it does work to mildly exfoliate the skin but all of the gook left behind is mostly product. It's not balls of your skin. The product is gimmicky in that so many people are convinced that their skin is peeling off right before their eyes which has a powerful affect on people's belief that the product is truly working but really it's just a very gentle exfoliator that isn't really all that much better than any other exfoliator. Hats off to the brilliance of whoever invented this pretend magic. They knew if they made it appear as if the skin was literally shedding people would be hooked.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The first exfoliant I can recall trying was the Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peel Gel. It was a little thick and upon covering my skin I was amazed (and repulsed) by how much dead skin picked up. As you work the product, the dead skin literally rolls off. You can also leave the product on for an additional 5-10 minutes to take advantage of the enzymatic exfoliation. After rinsing it off, my skin is always super smooth and bright. While it doesn't feel like a harsh treatment, id never do it more than twice a week.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Whoa this stuff is really amazing. I got a sample from sephora. Like others I thought the stuff that rolled off was the product itself and all of this was a gimmick until...I saw my face glowing like I haven't seen it do in years.

I also noticed that bits would not appear on all parts of my face, which I take it to be places that don't have a lot of dead skin. I noticed I get the most "peeling" action on my chin and nose, which happens to be the places I get the most congestion.

So hell yeah I am going to repurchase. I'll keep buying it until they stop making it and then I will hunt it down all over ebay till it is literally gone from existence.

Top Rated Peter Thomas Roth Products