April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Shine - Berry Couture

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I ignored this line until someone mentioned this shade to me. It is not a dull color for fair skin at all, and comes off as a sheer purple with a pink tone. Gorgeous on certain people. I think it's pretty with light skin and dark hair. It contrasts lovely with green or hazel eyes and a berry blush. If you use a lip liner and fill in, you can get hours of more wear time.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by LauraKravec

This was a miss for me. I love Revlon's regular Super Lustrous lipsticks and I wanted to love this, but I couldn't. The color was just a muted plum, pretty dull and uninteresting. Didn't perk up my face. The application was patchy, and there was no visible shine. The texture was sort of meh, almost gummy, not smooth like the normal SL lipsticks. Also, the color bled and transferred outside of my lipline almost immediately. I've returned it already. I have yet to find a shade in the Super Lustrous Shine line that I didn't hate and return. The Lip Butters are basically the same idea but are much, much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just purchased, LOVE this berry tone with my light/medium skin and green eyes! The formula is fantastic as with most Revlon lipsticks. I love it on its own or layered with another lipstick! Great Fall color for me :-) and the price is right!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This looked a gorgeous colour for me when it was still in the tube - a cool pink, not dissimilar to my actual lip colour, but with added drama and pop. Sadly it is a chilly, slightly ashy lilac/purple once on the lips, and somewhat cadaverous on me. I have cool skin, and I think with my complexion I actually need a neutral colour or even something with a hint of warmth to warm me up. Ah well, you live and learn.

It's almost a vintage shade, from back when your choices of lip colour would have been coral, crimson... or something like this. It's the colour that a coy girl too shy or young to wear red would have been rocking in the fifties. And it is beautiful - but not on me.

As with other Revlon super lustrous lipsticks I've tried, texture is creamy and gorgeous, staying power reasonable but improved by lip liner. Colour payoff not too bad but it took two swipes of the stick to see exactly what I was getting. If you can pull off a colour like this I am envious, so go buy it and wear it for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I agree with the reviewer below me that this is really a nothing special color...there are many purple skewing berry toned lipsticks out there. However, it does look lovely on my NW20 skin, almost black hair and brown eyes (naturally rosey lips). I thought the low cost, the practical color, the nice look all brought this up to at least 4. But then I realized for those that aren't like me and have a ton of these colors, this is a great place to start. The Shine formula gives it a lighter, not so heavy feeling, that allows this normally Fall color (IMO), lend itself to other seasons and looks. So that is what made me go ahead and give this a 5. FYI - I have Fuchsia Shock - and that is just ridiculous stunning, even for summer on me. I also have Pink Cognito, a nice neutral pink beige, but it can be gritty. I have not had the gritty issue with the other two shades.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is one of the new SL summer shades 2013. It's an easy to wear slightly purple-toned mid-toned pink-berry, but not too intensely blue or cool--like Berry Haute, which is too strong on my slightly warm complexion. Nice shade, just not sure if it's anything special--something lighter or brighter might be better as a summer shade .