July 30, 2014 | 2042 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Photoready Skinlights in 200 Pink Light

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a wallet happy surprise this little d/s gem is! I have been wanting to experiment with liquid illuminators for a while, but have been hesitant to shell out for the much loved RBR or Becca illuminators. So I picked this up for about $13.00 at Walgreens and I have not been disappointed. It looks frosty and strange to use this by itself IMO, but I mix this in the proportion of about 1/3 to the amount of foundation. I don't use all over my face, but mix this in when I apply to the apples of my cheeks, or in the "C shape" around my eyes to accentuate my cheek and brow bones. It can also be dabbed very lightly over undereye concealer for a illuminating effect on shadows in the tear trough area. I like the shade Pink Light especially because I have very pink/cool undertones to my skin (NW10 here for reference). I think the other two shades are great options for neutral/warm tones or a bronzing effect. For reference I find this product very similar in color and effect, though with a less runny consistency, to Benefit High Beam. Since so little is needed to achieve a lovely glow or highlight effect, it is a very good value product. Squeeze tube packaging hygienic and efficient. I like this better than Revlon's old illuminator that came with a built in brush applicator. Will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this product might be the reincarnation of the unfortunately discontinued MUA top pick highlighter, Revlon Age Defying Spa Illuminator. I had previously used Benefit High Beam highlighter but found its effect too bright and unnatural. This highlighter gives a super-subtle but pretty pink-gold glow. It is a thin, runny liquid, so be careful dispensing it! I dab it on over my moisturizer + foundation combination on my browbone, under brows, the bridge of my nose, on my cheekbones, and my Cupid's bow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favourite liquid highlighter that I've tried so far. I'm almost 32 so I don't want to wear a highlighter that is super shimmery with glitter - I find a lot of highlighters out there are geared towards more younger gals. This product is the perfect amount of highlight for the more mature women out there who want a more natural glow where you need it. I dab a few dots on my cheekbones, above my Cupid's bow, and under my bottom lip and blend in with a fan brush for the absolutely perfect subtle highlight. I find this photographs really well and I always take a second glance at photos of myself because I can actually notice this product on my face. The squeeze bottle is super convenient and lasts quite a long time. It was kind of pricey for drugstore but because it is so hard to find a highlighter for older women, it is totally worth it for me. I definitely recommend this product, especially for ladies out there who are 30+ and I will be repurchasing when I run out. Definitely added to my holy grail products :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yay, a product that does what it claims.
I'm a fairish asian and the pink is not too pink for me. The bronze was too dark and the beige didnt seem to do anything; the pink is pretty on me. Kinda peachy, no white cast. It keeps the dewy effect for a few hours rather than just turning into glitter or disappearing.
It simply adds a glow and highlight with minimal shimmer. As if you were in a warm, slightly humid climate and feeling well.
I particularly like it layered with my nars tinted moisturiser.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I'm so happy to have found these! I am completely addicted to anything that highlights or adds a glow to skin without being tacky and glittery. This is very subtle, reasonably priced and you get 30 mL, only need to use a small drop so it should last a while.

I have the #200 Pink Light and also #100 Bare Light, and both are perfect for my currently NC20 skin. When I was a bit darker in the summer I liked NARS Orgasm Illuminator and MUFE Uplight - but wanted something less peach-coloured for fall/winter.

It's watery, silicone-based, has no huge glitter chunks and is very easy to apply. I use Pink Light on cheeks mostly and a tiny drop of Bare Light mixed with foundations/BB creams to add a bit of subtle glow to skin all over. I also use Bare Light above the cupid's bow, under the brows, top of cheekbones, etc. Feels so light on skin, very similar to the NARS Illuminators. The shades are mostly sheer with a hint of colour, depending on how much you apply. Always start with a tiny bit and add more if necessary otherwise I find it looks odd and glowing in a bad way. But used lightly, it's gorgeous. Also very easy to blend. The lasting power depends on how it's used in my experience - for example mixed with foundation/BB cream/Tinted moisturiser it lasts all day (as does my foundation/base) and used to highlight on top of other make-up I sometimes need to touch up around the 5-6 hour mark, especially in the eye area. I apply translucent powder on top some days which helps it last. Love the packaging too - it comes in a squeeze tube which is great to travel with and hygienic.

No complaints, I hope they don't discontinue this!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Absolutely HG for me I was so upset when they dced this. So happy it's back. I grabbed it in pink and will be buying bare soon. Put it under foundation and it lights up your face. Use it alone with concealer and my skin just looks younger .

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

don't understand the hype...too shimmery!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Tiannalorraine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was very nice, it went on very easily, it added very nice highlight aswell.
Although for me it did not last very long, and it made my face look a little to pink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brings a soft light pink highlight to the cheeks! It blends easyly onto the skin,it last fairly long. It completes a soft pink blush and a look. It looks lovely on the face! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I think these are possibly relatively new to Revlon, I could be wrong but I know they had skinlights before but they have been discontinued, but I found these new looking ones in Boots the other day and decided to give them a try. They come in either bronze or the one I have, which is pink light. I decided that I was probably too fair to carry off the bronze so stuck with the pink light. As an overview, this is supposed to be a face illuminator, so you could mix in it with your foundation, put it on before you apply foundation or use it as a highlight, which is what I like to do. Personally, my all time favourite face illuminatior is the Soap & Glory Hocus Focus, you'd have to go a long way to beat in my opinion and the skinlight definitely isn't as good. It is still a nice product though. It comes out as a champagne pink, it has an iridescent shimmer with the tiniest hint of gold, and it is perfect to run down the bridge of the nose, the cupids bow, and on the brow bone. I don't recommend it for the cheekbones because this being a liquid product it tends to make your foundation rub off and look sticky. I'm not really a huge fan of liquid highlighters, my favourite is the Candlelight Glow by Too Faced because its a powder and therefore easier to apply, but with the right brush you can make the skinlight work. I would probably buy it again because I like the effect it brings to the t zone area, but there are better out there.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No